+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Looking for Teacher Who Understands Gnosticism, Platonism and Neo-Platonism

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 times in 1,617 posts

Default Re: Looking for Teacher Who Understands Gnosticism, Platonism and Neo-Platonism

One of our members, uzn, did an excellent thread on unknown archeology of the Black Sea and surrounding areas last year.

Ancient Russia (megaliths, caves, sacred sites etc).

The Kerch in Crimea is particularly interesting as it shows similar architectural designs to sites found in Mayan and Egyptian cultures. Depicted in Posts 20-23 in that thread, although the entire thread is a real goldmine.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

Gunther (8th July 2018)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Default Re: Looking for Teacher Who Understands Gnosticism, Platonism and Neo-Platonism

Quote Posted by Truthster013 (here)
    Ok. I'm first trying to make sure I understand the term
    Trust me... starting with critical thinking skills makes this so much easier...

To build a house, the most boring part, and most important part is the foundation... if you are trying to understand new concepts with out a strong critical thinking base you will struggle every time

crawl before you walk, walk be fore you run.. look before you run.. then run

Quote Posted by Caliban (here)
    We're all looking for a "teacher who understands." I mean, who isn't. The thing is, man, where do you find one?
    Look within, there is no external power/knowledge greater than you already hold; working on your self is the most important thing you can do in this reality..... and the ONLY thing you can directly influence.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Noelle (8th July 2018), pueblo (10th July 2018), turiya (8th July 2018), Valerie Villars (8th July 2018), what is a name? (9th July 2018), Wind (9th July 2018)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,838 times in 5,080 posts

"Gnosticism simply says this much: Each individual should follow his own inner being, dropping thoughts, imagination, emotions, sentiments - anything that comes in the way. It is not you. The simple principle of gnosticism is that anything that you can see as an object is not you. You are the seer, so you cannot be the seen." -- Osho (Light on the Path)
    It appears to me that that you already have become distracted by accepting what others have said as being true. Borrowing what others have said, and accepting it as truth, this is what 'belief' is. Belief is an attempt to take a shortcut to finding truth.

For example, when it comes to religion, there are three categories that people usually fall into. The three categories: One is the theist - one who 'believes' that he knows God exists. Another is the atheist - one who 'believes' that he knows God does not exist; and the third is the agnositc - one knows that he is not in a position to say 'yes' or 'no' - at best he can say "I know that I don't know".

The agnostic is more honest of the three. But all three are ignorant.

The word 'agnostic' comes from the word 'gnostic'. Who is a gnostic? A gnostic is one who knows. That is the meaning of 'gnostic' - the knower.

Quote Posted by Truthster013 (here)
    Ok. I'm first trying to make sure I understand the term archons...
    The first step taken in any search is the most important step one takes... because, if the first step is a misstep, then all other steps that follow will also be more missteps. It will lead one further & further away from finding truth.

With this term 'archons', is this something that has been picked up from elsewhere - A borrowed notion? From where has this term come from?
    Last edited by turiya; 8th July 2018 at 15:03.

6. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member Truthster013's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks for the great and thoughtful response to my direct questions. I have been really busy today and you wrote a lot with a lot to chew on so I'll have to digest it as time allows in the days ahead. Thanks again!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Truthster013 For This Post:

Jayke (9th July 2018), Noelle (9th July 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2