+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: ANCIENT CIVILIZATIONS: the Gaia TV series

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,565 times in 32,726 posts

Default Re: ANCIENT CIVILIZATIONS: the Gaia TV series

Quote Posted by AlyssaRoselyn (here)
    The thing preventing people from having a more solid perspective of this theory is the need for the demon, devil, god terminology. In my studies one of the biggest things to remember is that there is no real "good" or "evil" standard to follow under. So since Satan has been programed to be evil and God is "good", the first step is to humanize these entities and stop seeing them in Christian terms. I'm going to go through a few different branches of my research so I'll try not to get too complex.
    In Sumerian beliefs Satan is Enki and he is essentially trying to show human kind that they've been swindled and they are actually equal to the gods. In Greek mythology Satan surprisingly becomes Hermes, the messenger. This goes into the creation story where humans had 2 faces, 4 arms and legs, and two sets of genitalia. Basically when humans are told they've been manipulated they grab weapons (Hermes teaches them how to wield weapons) and they attempt to overthrow Zeus and Olympus. Zeus then splits the humans in half so that they spend their time feeling incomplete and searching for their other half instead of overthrowing the gods.
    Now I've found a lot of information about the original text where the story of the Garden of Eden derives from was being retranslated. It's recently been found that the word "Paradise" was translated incorrectly; it's actually more like they're describing it as a concentration camp.
    I'm more careful about throwing in Alien stories but the Annunaki apparently created Humans to complete mundane tasks that they felt were beneath them. If an advanced race did want to enslave humans it would probably be easiest if the slaves thought they were actually free.

Having workers believe they are loved and appreciated honestly isn't evil. It's no different than tricking a younger sibling into doing your chores and that doesn't equate to ultimate evil nor is it the most honorable thing to do. Humans always try to find ways to do less work through innovations so we are no different and are entitled to no type of judgment. It definitely sucks to have the ultimate truth of reality kept from you and twisted to confuse and manipulate but how else would anyone be convinced to do work for an entire lifetime.

I wouldn't say my parents are Satan for tricking me into believing money is real so that I do chores for compensation, but I definitely would get mad if I found out I could've just been mediating and creating my own reality the whole time. (Plus in pagan cultures it's more proper to see your god as a parent that deserves love, not worship and love is without judgment)

My biggest tip is to believe nothing but entertain everything so absolutely don't just believe what I say without question. That's why religion is dangerous; always do your own research and form your own opinion as you go.
    But it is fun to see how everything can be tied together.
    Hey, thanks for posting these interesting thoughts. Do please post some more. We'd love to hear more from you — on anything at all.

My own summary take on ALL this is just how much ancient texts have been turned upside down and inside out by a combo of (1) political/religious agendas from translating authorities, and (2) simple (but very way-out) misunderstandings.

It's not at all easy to figure out what the heck happened back then. But we CAN be pretty sure that it's nothing like what we've been taught in school, and indoctrinated by the Christian Church.

Graham Hancock's own summary that we're a 'species with amnesia' is exactly 100% right. The amnesia kicked in at the Younger-Dryas ice age, which wiped out almost the entire civilization that thrived at the time, and extends to as recently as 2,000 years ago. We don't remember much of the reality of Christian times, either, and are VERY dependent on what we're incorrectly told.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

AlyssaRoselyn (14th July 2018), Baby Steps (14th July 2018), Debra (14th July 2018), Foxie Loxie (14th July 2018), ginnyk (14th July 2018), Hervé (14th July 2018), Ivanhoe (15th July 2018), Jad (16th July 2018), Jayke (15th July 2018), Maknocktomb (25th August 2018), Retief (15th July 2018), Valerie Villars (14th July 2018), WhiteFeather (15th July 2018)

3. Link to Post #42
    United States Deactivated
    Thanks

Before I get off this subject, I’d like to give to this community what I have come to know how to decode the meaning of the allegory of the Garden of Eden

With all due respect, I believe these individuals who made this video Ancient Civilizations are leading us in the wrong direction by going back to the Sumerian myths.

Let me point out the so-called Bible and Quran are very suitable as they are in delineating these meanings

Let me explain...

First of all, the word paradise is a misnomer. The actual term according to Arabic and Hebrew sources is that the term for paradise or the Garden of Eden means enclosed Garden. Ganan in Hebrew and Jannah in Arabic

The original designation of the condition of the Garden of Eden was without duality… so there was no need for a word like paradise because there was no hell.
    Hell came into existence ONLY after the Fall of man

So after the Fall of man, Ganan and Jannah became Gehenna( Hebrew word for hell) and Jahhannam( Arabic word for hell)

The world we live in

Originally, Adam was merely put in what is termed an enclosed garden of blissful states of consciousness he had ready access to. One indication that so-called hell is from the so-called paradise or the Garden of Eden is that the words for hell are extensions and derivatives of the words for paradise or Garden
    Ganan= Garden /Gehenna= hell

Jannah= Garden/ Jahannam=hell

The Fall of man( into this negative world of suffering) is the transformation of the original garden (Jannah or Genan) into Jahannam or Gehenna)

Ganan= Garden /Gehenna= hell

Jannah= Garden/ Jahannam=hell

Hell is therefore merely a corruption of the garden

And believe it or not, all this religion is only an attempt to return to that original garden and avoid, (at the end of the time--APOCALYPSE) the Jahannam-hell lGehenna- hell' last gasp of its life.

End of time means the end of those created Hells, Jahannam in Arabic and Gehenna in Hebrew.
    Last edited by Zak247; 14th July 2018 at 17:51.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Zak247 For This Post:

AlyssaRoselyn (14th July 2018), Foxie Loxie (14th July 2018), Jad (16th July 2018), Retief (15th July 2018), Spellbound (14th July 2018), Words of Joy (16th July 2018)

5. Link to Post #43
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Thanks for sharing, Zak247! Once I recognized the mindnumbed state I had lived in for 70 years & was able to find my answers here on Avalon, I have come to agree with Bruno Giordano.....that there is no need for a "revelation".... (books).... as not one of us can speak for the Cosmos. He was put to death for speaking his opinions....going against TPTB in that time period!

Of course it is great to take ALL of the ancient writings, put them together & see what we come up with! But to raise one certain book to a status above all others....I no longer agree with that. How do we know if said book has even been translated correctly, as you have pointed out so ably!

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Hym (26th July 2018), Ivanhoe (15th July 2018), Jayke (15th July 2018), Retief (15th July 2018), Spellbound (14th July 2018), Zak247 (15th July 2018)

7. Link to Post #44
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Foxie Loxie (here)
    Thanks for sharing, Zak247! Once I recognized the mindnumbed state I had lived in for 70 years & was able to find my answers here on Avalon, I have come to agree with Bruno Giordano.....that there is no need for a "revelation".... (books).... as not one of us can speak for the Cosmos. He was put to death for speaking his opinions....going against TPTB in that time period!

Of course, it is great to take ALL of the ancient writings, put them together & see what we come up with! But to raise one certain book to a status above all others....I no longer agree with that. How do we know if said book has even been translated correctly, as you have pointed out so ably!
    Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate your post very much!

Giordano Bruno is one of the great men of our age.

When I read about what they did to him, and I really can’t read it because its so tragic, ironically, I get the feeling he was a Christ. Or the Christ in him was manifest.
    I guess that may tell us outer labels have little meaning.

As for the holy books, all of the scriptures have truth in them, I believe.

Though we need insight on how to apply the wisdom therein.

That's because much in them is allegory
    Last edited by Zak247; 14th July 2018 at 23:58.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zak247 For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (16th July 2018), Jayke (15th July 2018), Words of Joy (16th July 2018)

9. Link to Post #45
    Thanks

I watched the final video about Interstellar Links to Gobekli Tepe, num 10

A very good video, IMO. It covers a lot of ground dealing with the Pyramids to Gobekli Tepe mainly with a lot of contributions from the fine writer Andrew Collins, and a smaller contribution from Graham Hancock, and others integral to the series.

They go over the interesting theory about the relationship of the world monuments and the stars, particularly a newly discovered star. Particularly of interest are the ideas and theories regarding Gobekli Tepe.

Not much if anything on Gnosticism.

https://dailymotion.com/video/x6dz8qg

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zak247 For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (16th July 2018), Jayke (16th July 2018)

11. Link to Post #46
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,945 times in 1,689 posts

Because I hold all under deep suspicion, it is perfectly correct in my opinion to examine God's tonsils, should one ever encounter him, it or them.

12. Link to Post #47
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,592 times in 5,379 posts

Our lives, I have learnt, is a story mostly plotted by others, whose lives were plotted by other others who have since departed this world and their lives. It is merely narrated by the individual, as a logical sequence of cause and effect happenstance. Apparent tidbits of factoids appear in our awareness fleetingly, weighed and measured against this backdrop of hearsay reality. We inherit our zeitgeist. Most never leave its confines and never question its validity.

Where and when did this story begin? How has it remained viable over the millennia? A person's memory is as short as their lifespans. Who has had the capacity to remember for us? And have they remembered it correctly? If so, have they conveyed that recall to us without censorship, without motive or agenda?

These are the criteria that a discerning mind is compelled to answer, with the aforementioned shortcomings kept firmly front and center.

The answers are out there, hiding in plain sight. If not for mankind's myopic vision, and misplaced certainty, and belief in fairy tales, the answers would be ours.

It behooves us to keep an open mind because it is there that our vision can be corrected.

Only with true sight can we begin to rewrite the story we have been hobbled with and stride unfettered into an unwritten future.
    Last edited by Ernie Nemeth; 20th July 2018 at 16:08. Reason: add the punch line and bring full circle
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (20th July 2018), Hym (26th July 2018), Valerie Villars (24th August 2018)

14. Link to Post #48
    Canada Avalon Member Richard S.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,058 times in 309 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    The other episodes: (which I've not yet watched)
    They were removed yesterday...

Anyone know where I can find them, except Gaiam?

TIA

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3