+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Premium VOD

1. Link to Post #1
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

Angry Premium VOD

If you are still interested to go to the movies as you were back when you were a kid, then maybe Premium VOD will crush your hopes and dreams of keeping your childhood afloat soon.

As streaming services have become a scary whale in the ocean of film, which brings to light the question, "why even bother going to the cinemas anymore?"

Well... since my research for my Bachelor of Film Production paper - I need to understand what Premium VOD could do to any high production value film. 'Premium VOD' being a streaming service that allows you to watch any film in the cinemas for a BlockBuster dvd rent price at your screen at home.

All I would like you fellow readers to comment back if you are in the so-called trend to go with your date to the cinemas or just watch that brand-spankin-new film at your comfy couch at home?

I leave you with this...
    I guess Netflix can catch up with Disney in the film distribution section! Oh..wait!! No they can't. You go Disney, be the 40% intake in nearly everything to do with making money with film. Let 'Fox' become another branch to the lovely Disney

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-42356485
    Last edited by Spix; 19th July 2018 at 17:19.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Spix For This Post:

Debra (26th July 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

Default Re: Premium VOD

There is something about the energy of the group, the shared experience with many, that adds a wee bit to the experience. Especially a comedy. Perhaps the cinema will survive because of this?
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

4. The Following User Says Thank You to conk For This Post:

Debra (26th July 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,575 times in 2,121 posts

Quote Posted by Spix (here)
    If you are still interested to go to the movies as you were back when you were a kid, then maybe Premium VOD will crush your hopes and dreams of keeping your childhood afloat soon.

As streaming services have become a scary whale in the ocean of film, which brings to light the question, "why even bother going to the cinemas anymore?"

Well... since my research for my Bachelor of Film Production paper - I need to understand what Premium VOD could do to any high production value film. 'Premium VOD' being a streaming service that allows you to watch any film in the cinemas for a BlockBuster dvd rent price at your screen at home.

All I would like you fellow readers to comment back if you are in the so-called trend to go with your date to the cinemas or just watch that brand-spankin-new film at your comfy couch at home?

I leave you with this...
    I guess Netflix can catch up with Disney in the film distribution section! Oh..wait!! No they can't. You go Disney, be the 40% intake in nearly everything to do with making money with film. Let 'Fox' become another branch to the lovely Disney

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-42356485

Hello Spix, we live in a time when films made for the big screen are already tied up in deals for screening on the small screen and long before they receive an official launch or festival showing. I have become very comfortable viewing from the couch. I think the price point for these types of screenings as well are quite attractive - much cheaper than the bigger cinema houses.

Though I got to say, there are some movies I MUST GO TO SEE ON THE BIG SCREEN.

Quote Posted by conk (here)
    There is something about the energy of the group, the shared experience with many, that adds a wee bit to the experience. Especially a comedy. Perhaps the cinema will survive because of this?
    I agree with Conk about the energy of the group, and sharing an experience with total strangers as well. It's a little bit thrilling, especially when the stakes get high, you can feel the rest of the audience breath with you

It would be a sad day that public cinemas became obsolete because of something called Premium VOD - at least you get to move your body to get to a cinema instead of casting yourself on a couch and binge watching for 10 hours straight. Ooof!
    Last edited by Debra; 26th July 2018 at 12:35.

6. Link to Post #4
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

Unless we can design for a smaller cinema, for a size of 3-10. I feel that could become as big as the Japanese pods that are so famous.

Imagine going to see a brand new film in a cinema the size of your bedroom filled with surround sound. These ideas could be represented to cinemas that already have Gold Class - which helps for more style of highclass entertainment. I think this could even enhance the engery you were representing @conk

Exactly @Debra, only way to enjoy a stunning film by viewing it on the big screen !!

+ Reply to Thread