+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Banana Girl: the controversial Aussie who's moved to Ecuador and is now a vegan in the jungle

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Deactivated
    Thanks

Default Re: Banana Girl: the controversial Aussie who's moved to Ecuador and is now a vegan in the jungle

I have an idea. Maybe the banana girl can take in Julian Assange when they boot him out of England.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zak247 For This Post:

Debra (23rd July 2018)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,575 times in 2,121 posts

Talking Re: Banana Girl: the controversial Aussie who's moved to Ecuador and is now a vegan in the jungle

Interesting comments. I’d like to add a note though that Freelee has chilled quite a bit from her ‘bully’ vegan tactics, which is such a relief. And she is long finished with the partner she had in those days as well. Yup, I don’t like being hit over the head with a sledgehammer either so I can sympathise with some of the critiques of her that have been strongly said up thread.

I would though like to back her up on her claimed intake of raw whole fruit; later vegetables and later still, combining cooked vegetable as well after 4. Believe you me, she has survived on all she shows you. Her family are also now serious vegans - and when they sit down to a pile of bananas - you bet they eat through the lot. For Freelee, that diet has truthfully contributed to her health vastly improving as well as leading her to cease - a long time ago - her previous implant and Botox lifestyle. So yes, she is serious arse about it all, and has been for many years now - and has thrived on this totally vegan lifestyle.

Is it for everyone? Well that is up for debate but Freelee today knows her stuff and can quickly point you to any number of similar case studies. How she has packaged herself is not for everyone. Has she pissed people off? Hell yes. Has she made a positive difference to other peoples’ lives? Well of course she has. You can’t dispute either. I said to Bill, her bluntness about her beliefs has won her millions of followers but also millions of haters. As for myself, I will continue to look in on her with much interest. I am hoping she evolves further.

Here’s a few screen grabs from one of her Instagram accounts where Freelee explains her own journey.

Last edited by Debra; 24th July 2018 at 01:34.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Debra For This Post:

Akasha (26th August 2018), Bill Ryan (23rd July 2018), Foxie Loxie (23rd July 2018), Lisab (23rd July 2018), Mike (23rd July 2018), RunningDeer (23rd July 2018), spade (23rd July 2018)

5. Link to Post #23
    Wales Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,209 times in 938 posts

Unhappy Re: Banana Girl: the controversial Aussie who's moved to Ecuador and is now a vegan in the jungle

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    Quote Posted by happyuk (here)
    Her videos are just too darn slick to be believable for me. Truly going back to the land would involve a great deal of gut-wrenching hard work, disappointment and watching predators and pests gobble up your hard work all in the knowledge that your best efforts may well come to nothing.
    Offgrid Jungle Vlog | We have a big problem…
    The feral pigs are a big problem here and although I love animals we are forced to put ourselves and our food source, first. That means using primitive technology at this stage by creating deterrents made of bamboo that will stop the pigs destroying our gardens and uprooting our seedlings.
    Critters on clothing @ 4:44...

0:07: Pigs are beautiful but breeding rapidly and need food
    0:48: We collect the fallen breadfruit to reduce breeding
    0:54: They root up soil all over property and destroy its integrity
    1:09: Pedalai has been damaged by pigs
    1:24: Using sharp bamboo sticks to deter pigs from rooting around
    2:24: They destroy our seedlings and vegetables so we need to act
    2:36: Lucky enough to find some mangosteens
    2:56: Saving the seed and sprouting into a baby!
    3:09: Planting new life and future food
    3:17: Collecting breadfruit leaves for compost and mulch
    3:55: We get through a new compost bin very quickly
    4:08: Robin trying to make it secure against the pigs
    4:58: Robin keeping fit with the rings
    5:26: Harvesting breadfruit for dinner is not always easy
    5:58: Harvesting avocados, really nice
    6:20: Harvesting papayas
    6:50: Salad of Okinawan spinach, sweet leaf and more
    6:55: Stirfry in water breadfruit experiment
    7:10: Sugar Apples atemoya
    7:35: Harvesting some grapefruit
    8:17: Night falling sounds, enjoy.
    Yes I'd seen this but it still all looks contrived to me. Rather than getting back to a simpler more harmonious way of living she is carrying all that modern day uptightness (that she purports to be getting away from) with her. Her obsession with diet and veganism, which I think is a yuppie invention, is but one evidence of this.

But that is not even my main objection. As noted by others, it is this person's sanctimoniousness that is the biggest turn-off for me.
    Last edited by happyuk; 23rd July 2018 at 06:18.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to happyuk For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd July 2018), Debra (24th July 2018), Foxie Loxie (23rd July 2018), Jean-Marie (24th July 2018), Nasu (23rd July 2018), RunningDeer (23rd July 2018)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member Tam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,363 times in 496 posts

Default Re: Banana Girl: the controversial Aussie who's moved to Ecuador and is now a vegan in the jungle

Furthermore, this is just downright insulting to the locals.

Think about it.

Ecuador is a third-world country. A lot of people are starving to death, living in ramshackle little slums. Furthermore, as happyuk said, a lot of the tribes that remain there struggle daily to stay alive.

Then comes in this gringa, who prances around naked despite all the bugs, and left behind luxuries these people would weep with joy to have even a quarter of.

It's pretty f*cked when you think about it.

There is a difference between going off grid or becoming self-reliant, and what she and her boyfriend are doing.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tam For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd July 2018), Foxie Loxie (24th July 2018), Nasu (23rd July 2018)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,557 times in 32,726 posts

Quote Posted by Indigris (here)

Think about it.

Ecuador is a third-world country. A lot of people are starving to death, living in ramshackle little slums. Furthermore, as happyuk said, a lot of the tribes that remain there struggle daily to stay alive.

Then comes in this gringa, who prances around naked despite all the bugs, and left behind luxuries these people would weep with joy to have even a quarter of.

There is a difference between going off grid or becoming self-reliant, and what she and her boyfriend are doing.
    I do completely get the point. And largely agree.

But an off-topic technical correction, if I may (I live in Ecuador):

It's a second-world country... not first, not third. It's a lot more first-world than, say, many countries in Africa. (Been there: I know.) It's very much like Mexico.

Another term to use is a developing country, not an underdeveloped country.

And no-one's starving here. Not a single person. That happens in Africa, not in South America.

Some 'ramshackle slums', yes. But a more accurate description might be very simple accommodation.

An example: a neighbor here is a single mother, aged maybe 40, with six children. They all live in something that looks from the outside like a small wooden barn, with no windows. It measures about 20ft x 10ft. Really. That's their whole house, 200 sq.ft.

A friend of mine was invited inside one day. They reported it was organized, clean and immaculate. The kids are all cheerful, active and healthy.

I completely respect and value what Debra has explained. But I do agree that (in my opinion) what Banana Girl is doing really is rather an insult.

It's a little as if I went to put up a large modern tent in the middle of the Australian outback desert, moved in there, and claimed using my satphone hookup that I was then all wise and grounded and totally connected to all the ancient Songlines and Mother Earth. It'd be pretty insulting to the Aborigines who've lived there for the last 40,000 years.

10. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

David Trd1 (25th August 2018), Debra (24th July 2018), DeDukshyn (23rd July 2018), drneglector (24th July 2018), Flash (24th July 2018), Foxie Loxie (24th July 2018), Ivanhoe (23rd July 2018), Jayke (23rd July 2018), Jean-Marie (24th July 2018), Justplain (24th July 2018), Nasu (23rd July 2018), NeedleThreader (23rd July 2018), onevoice (23rd July 2018), RunningDeer (23rd July 2018), Tam (24th July 2018)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

Ah, my bad, Bill. It seems I am severely misinformed about Ecuador.

Mea culpa.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tam For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th July 2018), David Trd1 (25th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (24th July 2018), Justplain (24th July 2018), RunningDeer (24th July 2018)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

Think about it.

I do completely get the point. And largely agree.

But an off-topic technical correction, if I may (I live in Ecuador):

It's a second-world country... not first, not third. It's a lot more first-world than, say, many countries in Africa. (Been there: I know.) It's very much like Mexico.

Another term to use is a developing country, not an underdeveloped country.

And no-one's starving here. Not a single person. That happens in Africa, not in South America.

Some 'ramshackle slums', yes. But a more accurate description might be very simple accommodation.

An example: a neighbor here is a single mother, aged maybe 40, with six children. They all live in something that looks from the outside like a small wooden barn, with no windows. It measures about 20ft x 10ft. Really. That's their whole house, 200 sq.ft.

A friend of mine was invited inside one day. They reported it was organized, clean and immaculate. The kids are all cheerful, active and healthy.

I completely respect and value what Debra has explained. But I do agree that (in my opinion) what Banana Girl is doing really is rather an insult.

It's a little as if I went to put up a large modern tent in the middle of the Australian outback desert, moved in there, and claimed using my satphone hookup that I was then all wise and grounded and totally connected to all the ancient Songlines and Mother Earth. It'd be pretty insulting to the Aborigines who've lived there for the last 40,000 years.

Hi Bill and Indigris, I would like to add that as far as I understand banana girl and her partner are simply doing what you, Bill, and others have done in moving to Ecquador as a destination. For Freelee and partner, that was an opportunity to live very simply in nature. And do it as lightly as possible because they don’t want to upset the eco system they are inhabiting. They wanted to live in a jungle.

Just saying.

Before we all make judgements, I really think it is important to find out the real details - and where people are concerned. I don’t know Freelee. We are allowed to have our opinions and sure there is a lot of evidence she has generated herself over the years for some of us to be triggered by. Absofreakinglutely. But I would be back in the wilderness now too - if I could. Let me tell you that.
    Last edited by Debra; 24th July 2018 at 01:38.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Debra For This Post:

Akasha (26th August 2018), Bill Ryan (24th July 2018), David Trd1 (25th August 2018), Flash (24th July 2018), Foxie Loxie (24th July 2018), RunningDeer (24th July 2018)

15. Link to Post #28
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,292 times in 18,139 posts

In fairness, Freelee wasn’t the only one that was in competition for subscribers and views. There was a lot of drama between the vegans, Raw-til-4, raw, high carb, low carb, etc.

For the most part, it’s settled down. Once YouTube overhauled their policies and the advertisers pulled out of the unsavory content, many dropped out. Others realized that they had to reinvent themselves if they wanted to grow their channel.

Freelee went through several evolutions to reach where she is today. Rather than lecture, guilt trip, use heavy judgement or finger point, now Freelee simply shares her experiences and philosophy.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Akasha (26th August 2018), Bill Ryan (24th July 2018), Debra (24th July 2018), Flash (24th July 2018), Foxie Loxie (24th July 2018)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

Ugh. Freelee. She's everything wrong with veganism, off-grid lifestyles, and the like. She's a self-righteous, judgmental bully that is very dark and mean inside. She's also a total crook.

Here's a few reasons why Freelee should not be looked up to or respected:

- Her diet has absolutely no scientific basis. She adheres to this insane 98-1-1 diet: 98% of her 3000 calories a day (she claims) come from carbs, with the remaining 2% from fat and protein, respectively

- She rose to fame selling a book claiming that eating 3000 calories worth of fruit, especially bananas, and going raw vegan, is healthy and will make you lose weight. It doesn't, and she made a small fortune peddling this lie to her followers.

Oh, and of course, she's staunchly anti-GMO and waxes poetic about whole and natural foods (nothing wrong with any of that, btw), yet she eats primarily bananas. Irony much?

- She has said in her videos that she believes people should be forced to go vegan, and those that refuse should be killed

- She's been a massive bully to other YouTubers, particularly women, saying nasty, mean things about their appearance. Among her many, many grievances was one particularly memorable incident in which she called a young teenaged girl recovering from severe anorexia (which she had to be hospitalized for) "dumb and irrelevant".

She and her boyfriend take photos of fat people secretly and shame them on social media regularly, as well.

Yet she claims she's a feminist into female empowerment, who doesn't shave, wear makeup, etc. because she doesn't believe in that.

There's way, way more. I could go on. I could cite all of this, but frankly, I don't want to wade through years of her incendiary videos just to find the ones where she said those things. You'll just have to trust me when I say, she's a hypocrite and another not so nice word I won't say here

I don't know about her mother, of course. She could very well be lovely.
    Hi Indigris,

Firstly, I would just like to say I think you are an awesome writer. I love your voice!

I can see that you are very aware of Freelee and her history but what interests me in these times is people waking up and changing their lives for the better. It's not something that happens overnight, where they miraculously change but I will give kudos to Freelee for her decision to do some evolving. I mean, she has in many ways. She has moved on from her more brasher period and also her relationship with her former partner Durian Rider, which framed a pretty toxic period. But she stepped out of it. She woke the **** up.

By the way, she did consume a lot of bananas back in the day from what I know and still does but she does the same with any seasonal fruit. From what I understand, from her mum who is also now an avid vegan, she can happily eat one species of fruit - as a meal - in a sitting. So for you and me who would probably just chomp on a couple of slices of watermelon, she would go through the whole watermelon.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Debra For This Post:

Akasha (26th August 2018), Bill Ryan (24th July 2018), Dennis Leahy (24th July 2018), Flash (24th July 2018), Foxie Loxie (24th July 2018), RunningDeer (24th July 2018), Tam (24th July 2018)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

In fairness, Freelee wasn’t the only one that was in competition for subscribers and views. There was a lot of drama between the vegans, Raw-til-4, raw, high carb, low carb, etc.

For the most part, it’s settled down. Once YouTube overhauled their policies and the advertisers pulled out of the unsavory content, many dropped out. Others realized that they had to reinvent themselves if they wanted to grow their channel.

Freelee went through several evolutions to reach where she is today. Rather than lecture, guilt trip, use heavy judgement or finger point, now Freelee simply shares her experiences and philosophy.
    Haha, we were in sync Paula

I do so remember the clash of the vegans! One of the flame wars I remember was between Freelee, Durian Rider and this team ... Matt and Angela of the Raw Food World ...

Bill, I have always wanted to know if you know about these two because I believe they live very near you.

Reply from Bill
    (to keep this on topic): — No, never heard of them!

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 24th July 2018 at 02:29.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Debra For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th July 2018), Foxie Loxie (24th July 2018), Mike (24th July 2018), RunningDeer (24th July 2018)

21. Link to Post #31
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Debra (here)
    By the way, she did consume a lot of bananas back in the day from what I know and still does but she does the same with any seasonal fruit. From what I understand, from her mum who is also now an avid vegan, she can happily eat one species of fruit - as a meal - in a sitting. So for you and me who would probably just chomp on a couple of slices of watermelon, she would go through the whole watermelon.
    I’ll re-added this.
    Watch me eat 51 BANANAS today!!!!!

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th July 2018), Debra (24th July 2018), Foxie Loxie (24th July 2018), Mike (24th July 2018), Tam (24th July 2018)

23. Link to Post #32
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Haha, we were in sync Paula

I do so remember the clash of the vegans! One of the flame wars I remember was between Freelee, Durian Rider and this team ... Matt and Angela of the Raw Food World ...

Quote Haha, we were in sync Paula
    Yes, I thought the same thing when I read your post.

Durian Rider, the Sprite Guy. I didn't resonate with him. I follow some of the mind games and shenanigans during a break-up and new couplings.

I watch Matt and Angela early on, but was impatient with Matt going on and on and on. About six months ago, I caught a Matt vid and learned they live separate lives now. Angela has her own channel called, GlowWithGrace.

Conscious Uncoupling - My Perspective

GlowWithGrace
    Published on Oct 23, 2017

Many people have been asking me lately to share "my side of the story" about Matt and I splitting. Here is a little video explaining my perspective on this big, unexpected recent life shift...

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Akasha (26th August 2018), Bill Ryan (24th July 2018), Debra (24th July 2018), Foxie Loxie (24th July 2018), Mike (24th July 2018)

25. Link to Post #33
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,207 times in 5,679 posts

This woman has got me feeling competitive. I'm tempted to blend up 51 pork chops just to piss her off.

In all seriousness, I'm going to try the banana thing. I'm off to the store now. I'm gonna try 10 to start. If my heart seizes up from excessive potassium and I die, I'm going to haunt this Freelee woman for decades by making spooky noises and routinely knocking her hemp jewelry off her dresser until she has a complete nervous breakdown.

Deb, thanks for posting here. My cynicism and wise assery didn't allow me to think the whole thing thru. Her and her boyfriend deserve some credit for sure. It appears they're building all this by themselves, whereas i can barely hammer a single nail into a 2 by 4. It's gutsy to live out in the middle of nowhere, even if they do have some amenities. It appears she's evolving from some of her earlier, slightly obnoxious incarnations, and that's commendable. That diet frightens me a little, but she looks extraordinarily healthy! There's no denying that. It's working for her, and she's made a name for herself with her industriousness and fortitude. I do admire that!
    Last edited by Mike; 24th July 2018 at 07:47.

26. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Akasha (26th August 2018), aoibhghaire (24th July 2018), Bill Ryan (24th July 2018), David Trd1 (25th August 2018), Debra (24th July 2018), Deux Corbeaux (26th August 2018), drneglector (24th July 2018), Flash (24th July 2018), Foxie Loxie (24th July 2018), happyuk (24th July 2018), Jean-Marie (24th July 2018), RunningDeer (24th July 2018), Tam (24th July 2018)

27. Link to Post #34
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I joined a center for a little over a year. I participated for two to three hours of training a day, five or six days a week. It was a combination of Nia, yoga, Pilates and circuit training. The protein in my diet consisted of chicken, eggs, fish, cheese, buffalo, whey, etc.

When I left, I still had 6 lbs (5.9 lbs) to loose. By comparison, today I weigh 4 lbs. more. I have only a 1/2 lb to loose. I have 4 lbs less body fat and 7 lbs more lean muscle. Back then, I never gave my body a chance to recoup. Now, I do gentle exercise about three times a week for 30 minutes.

I eat somewhat similar to Freelee: whole foods, plant based. Carbs/starches mostly come from brown rice, barley, beans, corn, yams, and potatoes. I eat more vegetables than fruit. The healthy fat comes from walnuts, sesame seed tahini, avocados and almonds, etc. I don’t monitor what I eat when I'm with family and friends.

I keep a running log. I designed a spreadsheet so I don't have to calculate every time. I plug in the information and the measurements which is based on the formulas from Covert Bailey Body Fat Percentage. I also use a scale that registers weight, muscle, bone, fat and water.
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 25th August 2018 at 23:32.

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Akasha (26th August 2018), Bill Ryan (24th July 2018), Debra (24th July 2018), Flash (24th July 2018), Foxie Loxie (24th July 2018), Mike (24th July 2018), Pam (24th July 2018), Tam (24th July 2018)

29. Link to Post #35
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,369 times in 3,306 posts

Isn't this just trading one social media identity for another? A genuine life is not one that is advertised,sanitized and idealized on social media.. she still craves the adoration of "followers".

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

aoibhghaire (24th July 2018), Bill Ryan (24th July 2018), Debra (24th July 2018), Flash (24th July 2018), Foxie Loxie (24th July 2018), RunningDeer (24th July 2018), Tam (24th July 2018)

31. Link to Post #36
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I joined a center where I participated for two to three hours of training a day, five or six days a week. It was a combination of Nia, yoga, Pilates and circuit training. The protein in my diet consisted of chicken, eggs, fish, cheese, buffalo, whey, etc.

When I left, I still had 6 lbs (5.9 lbs) to loose. By comparison, today I weigh 4 lbs. more. I have only a 1/2 lb to loose. I have 4 lbs less body fat and 7 lbs more lean muscle. Back then, I never gave my body a chance to recoup. Now, I do gentle exercise about three times a week for 30 minutes.

I eat somewhat similar to Freelee: whole foods, plant based. Carbs/starches mostly come from brown rice, barley, beans, corn, yams, and potatoes. I eat more vegetables than fruit. The healthy fat comes from walnuts, sesame seed tahini, avocados and almonds, etc. I don’t monitor what I eat when I'm with family and friends.

I keep a running log. I designed a spreadsheet so I don't have to calculate every time. I plug in the information and the measurements which is based on the formulas from Covert Bailey Body Fat Percentage. I also use a scale that registers weight, muscle, bone, fat and water.
    Update:

I forgot to add why I left the center. Within a week, two things happened. I ran into the instructor at the market. He had a stack of frozen Hungry-Man TV dinners. The other was I overheard his wife say that he’s joining her on early morning walks around the track because he’s gaining weight. [That was on top of the five to six classes (hours), six days a week.]

Last edited by RunningDeer; 24th July 2018 at 20:33.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Akasha (26th August 2018), Bill Ryan (24th July 2018), Debra (24th July 2018), Flash (24th July 2018), Foxie Loxie (24th July 2018), Mike (24th July 2018)

33. Link to Post #37
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,557 times in 32,726 posts

It's interesting to cross-reference these threads:
    My own stance on this is that:
    • I don't think we should be getting into food fights with each other. (Not that anyone is, here!)
    • The real truth may be that all bodies are different, and some may be very different from others.
    • We have to know our OWN body. All bodies are finely-tuned engines, and need their own very specialized fuel and servicing.
    • Blood type may be ONE clue to what one's body really needs.
    I'm not a dietician, or a naturopath, though (like many reading this) I feel I know quite a bit on the subject. But I am friends with a very highly skilled and experienced naturopath, who told me personally that he's ALWAYS rescuing seriously malnourished vegans who've been victims of a value-driven belief system and haven't actually listened to their bodies at all.

Eating a ton of fruit and veg may not be enough... it's possible that long-term problems may develop for some people. (Steve Jobs, in his last days, may have agreed.)

34. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Baby Steps (24th July 2018), Debra (24th July 2018), drneglector (24th July 2018), Flash (24th July 2018), Foxie Loxie (24th July 2018), Mike (24th July 2018), Orph (24th July 2018), RunningDeer (24th July 2018), Swan (24th July 2018), Tam (24th July 2018)

35. Link to Post #38
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

"To each his own".......I'm on Meals on Wheels!!!

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th July 2018), Debra (24th July 2018), Flash (24th July 2018), RunningDeer (24th July 2018)

37. Link to Post #39
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,409 times in 838 posts

Quote Posted by Foxie Loxie (here)
    "To each his own".......I'm on Meals on Wheels!!!
    So you're saying you always go to the Drive-thru lane at the local greasy spoon.
    I am enlightened, ............ Oh wait. That's just the police shining their spotlights on me.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orph For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th July 2018), Flash (24th July 2018), Foxie Loxie (24th July 2018), RunningDeer (24th July 2018)

39. Link to Post #40
    Thanks

Ugh. Freelee. She's everything wrong with veganism, off-grid lifestyles, and the like. She's a self-righteous, judgmental bully that is very dark and mean inside. She's also a total crook.

Here's a few reasons why Freelee should not be looked up to or respected:

- Her diet has absolutely no scientific basis. She adheres to this insane 98-1-1 diet: 98% of her 3000 calories a day (she claims) come from carbs, with the remaining 2% from fat and protein, respectively

- She rose to fame selling a book claiming that eating 3000 calories worth of fruit, especially bananas, and going raw vegan, is healthy and will make you lose weight. It doesn't, and she made a small fortune peddling this lie to her followers.

Oh, and of course, she's staunchly anti-GMO and waxes poetic about whole and natural foods (nothing wrong with any of that, btw), yet she eats primarily bananas. Irony much?

- She has said in her videos that she believes people should be forced to go vegan, and those that refuse should be killed

- She's been a massive bully to other YouTubers, particularly women, saying nasty, mean things about their appearance. Among her many, many grievances was one particularly memorable incident in which she called a young teenaged girl recovering from severe anorexia (which she had to be hospitalized for) "dumb and irrelevant".

She and her boyfriend take photos of fat people secretly and shame them on social media regularly, as well.

Yet she claims she's a feminist into female empowerment, who doesn't shave, wear makeup, etc. because she doesn't believe in that.

There's way, way more. I could go on. I could cite all of this, but frankly, I don't want to wade through years of her incendiary videos just to find the ones where she said those things. You'll just have to trust me when I say, she's a hypocrite and another not so nice word I won't say here

I don't know about her mother, of course. She could very well be lovely.
    Hi Indigris,

Firstly, I would just like to say I think you are an awesome writer. I love your voice!

I can see that you are very aware of Freelee and her history but what interests me in these times is people waking up and changing their lives for the better. It's not something that happens overnight, where they miraculously change but I will give kudos to Freelee for her decision to do some evolving. I mean, she has in many ways. She has moved on from her more brasher period and also her relationship with her former partner Durian Rider, which framed a pretty toxic period. But she stepped out of it. She woke the **** up.

Thanks, Debra

I'm glad to hear she's come around, but I'm still not to keen on her next-level off-grid lifestyle. Still, she's doing more than most people, so she deserves credit where credit is due.

Glad to hear she's toned down her diet.

Thanks

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tam For This Post:

Bill Ryan (24th July 2018), Debra (24th July 2018), Flash (24th July 2018), Foxie Loxie (24th July 2018), Mike (24th July 2018), RunningDeer (24th July 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast