+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why have a Space Force?

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,265 times in 3,447 posts

Default Re: Why have a Space Force?

While I do agree with a planetary space force (as seen in my first post), I do not believe the current military hierarchy will manage it with pure intent...

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (26th July 2018), Joe from the Carolinas (28th July 2018), mojo (26th July 2018)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member mojo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,137 times in 3,962 posts

Another perspective that the creation of an authorized Space Force does is that it will be a public resource for the dissemination of information such as technology, and current events. Maybe some black projects can move into the public arena as well through the Space Force? According to others like Richard Dolan we have a secret space force that we dont hear about. Maybe a public one will have to answer to the public?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (26th July 2018), incendiusphasma (5th September 2018), Joe from the Carolinas (28th July 2018)

5. Link to Post #23
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,515 times in 460 posts

Just and FYI.

Recently they divorced cyberspace operations from space operations officially. I saw it on the natsec twitter i set up. I could find it if you all are really interested. I am pretty sure it was on the https://twitter.com/AFSpace

Did you know that all your favorite national security appratus have their own twitters?

Did you know that these exist https://twitter.com/NavysFlagship That is the twitter for the USS Blue Ridge the Navy Flag ship in the Pacific.

It is weird time we live in where our weapons systems have their own twitter acconts

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Praxis For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (27th July 2018), mojo (27th July 2018)

7. Link to Post #24
    Moderator Joe from the Carolinas's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,650 times in 970 posts

Quote Posted by mojo (here)
    Another perspective that the creation of an authorized Space Force does is that it will be a public resource for the dissemination of information such as technology, and current events. Maybe some black projects can move into the public arena as well through the Space Force? According to others like Richard Dolan we have a secret space force that we dont hear about. Maybe a public one will have to answer to the public?
    Sure, I don't see any reason why a new branch of the military wouldn't comply with existing declassification schedules for FOIA requests that have already been in place. I guess we'll have to wait 30 years to find out

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joe from the Carolinas For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (29th July 2018), ichingcarpenter (29th July 2018), mojo (29th July 2018)

9. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,471 times in 451 posts

Quote Posted by Joe from the Carolinas (here)
    Quote Posted by mojo (here)
    Sure, I don't see any reason why a new branch of the military wouldn't comply with existing declassification schedules for FOIA requests that have already been in place. I guess we'll have to wait 30 years to find out
    USAF and the Space Fence

U.S. 'Space Fence' Radar System Goes Silent, After 50 Years September 3, 2013

The Space Fence is down. That's the message we get from the SatWatch site, following up on our report last month that the U.S. Air Force was poised to shut down the radar system that tracks thousands of objects orbiting Earth. It had been in operation since 1961.

The Space Fence — also known by its formal name, the Air Force Space Surveillance System — consists of three transmitters and six receivers that stretch across the southern U.S., using radio waves to paint a picture of a slice of space. The items it detected ranged from satellites and debris to meteors.

"The final satellite I captured an RF reflection from was the Meteor Priroda," says Mike Coletta of SatWatch, "which went over the transmitter site at approx 0000 hrs UTC [on Sept. 1], and there have been no more reflections since that time."

Shutting down the system will save around $14 million annually, the Air Force Space Command said last month. The agency hopes to install a new version of the fence using technology that it says will be more accurate.

News of a pending shutdown came last month after an Air Force memo came to light. That led to criticism from experts who say the fence should not be shut down before a new system is in place.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...after-50-years

So guess who is running it now?

Lockheed Martin prepares to turn on U.S. Air Force Space Fence on Kwajalein Atoll

SAN FRANCISCO — In June, Lockheed Martin plans to complete integration of the U.S. Air Force Space Fence on Kwajalein Atoll in the Marshall Islands and begin tracking objects, at least in a testing mode.

Full integration and testing is scheduled to begin in July as the company confirms the S-band radar array meets all contractual requirements.

“After that, we will turn it over to the Air Force for testing and trials,” said Bruce Schafhauser, Lockheed Martin Space Fence program manager.

As companies prepare to send hundreds or thousands of satellites into communications constellations in low Earth orbit, government agencies and commercial satellite operators are calling for enhanced space situational awareness and space traffic management.

The Air Force Space Fence in Kwajalein will help but Lockheed Martin is hoping to provide additional observations with a second Space Fence in Western Australia. The Air Force authorized Lockheed Martin to begin surveying the site for the second radar facility but has not yet allocated funding to build it.

https://spacenews.com/lockheed-marti...ajalein-atoll/

trump will keep the aliens out with this new fence........ I thought it was an interesting sidenote

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ichingcarpenter For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (29th July 2018), Foxie Loxie (29th July 2018), Joe from the Carolinas (29th July 2018), mojo (29th July 2018), Reinhard (29th July 2018)

11. Link to Post #26
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Since the SSP went rogue from government accountability (and the original Nazi SSP was never under our control at all), trying to bring it back under control and bring it above the board so that the public knows about it, obviously requires working with the commanders of that force and the corporate executives overseeing the equipment manufacturing. Deals have to be made.

In the same way we had to reach out to North Korea and negotiate a deal, someone has had to do the same with the SSP at some point, or is in the process of doing so now. Lockheed is a part of that, and part of the negotiations are obviously continuing the supply of funds to the program.

12. Link to Post #27
    Moderator Joe from the Carolinas's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,650 times in 970 posts

Good find on the space fence report. Another blatant merger between public and private. I won’t quote the post because the length would cycle the thread, but something has also been happening between the US and Australian space commands, concerning this space surveillance network. I’m doubtful it just involves radar stations:

In 2013, the U.S. Secretary of Defense and Australian Minister of Defence signed an MOU agreeing to relocate the Space Surveillance Telescope from the White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico to Harold E. Holt Naval Communication Station in Western Australia. Australia offers a uniquely beneficial vantage point for operational testing and demonstration of SST’s enhanced algorithms and camera. After the move, SST will be owned by the United States Air Force, but operated and maintained by Australia. It will be a dedicated sensor in the U.S. Space Surveillance Network (SSN).

The most sophisticated space surveillance telescope ever developed is ready to begin tracking thousands of space objects as small as a softball.

https://www.darpa.mil/program/space-...ance-telescope

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Joe from the Carolinas For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (29th July 2018), Foxie Loxie (29th July 2018), ichingcarpenter (29th July 2018), Justplain (29th July 2018), mojo (29th July 2018), Reinhard (29th July 2018), section9 (11th August 2018)

14. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,994 times in 10,636 posts

Interesting theories included

Quote Posted by Star Tsar (here)
    Ground Zero Media

Dr John Hall & Jimmy Church : Battle Space X

Published 14th July 2018

@ the Black Hat technology conference held in Las Vegas, Experts where warning that a number of popular communications satellite systems are venerable to hacks that could convert them into directed energy systems capable of hitting & destroying targets on Earth. Knowing what we know about weapons programs & ASAT systems turned into microwave weapons, the idea is not much of a leap of logic...

In this broadcast Clyde talks with directed weapons researcher Dr John Hall & Jimmy Church all about Space Battle X!

Musical interlude

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

mojo (15th August 2018), Sunny-side-up (16th August 2018)

16. Link to Post #29
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Interesting how around 2011-2013, the missions to Antarctica became a rite of passage around here. Why did a desolate grab of landscape suddenly become top grub? The focus was on the middle east. Why focus on gassing up nearly 300k in lbs of JET-8 for a flight to where you can brag about the cold, but never about where precisely you were?
    "Rage, rage against the dying of the light." -D. Thomas

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Siphonemis For This Post:

mojo (30th August 2018)

18. Link to Post #30
    England Avalon Member Did You See Them's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,117 times in 516 posts

Would like to know whats gone on here ?

NASA astronaut Robb Kulin quits halfway through training.

The former SpaceX engineer is the first astronaut to quit NASA training for more than 50 years, citing "personal reasons".

https://news.sky.com/story/nasa-astr...ining-11485387

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Did You See Them For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (30th August 2018), mojo (30th August 2018)

20. Link to Post #31
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,994 times in 10,636 posts

Hey Mojo, I'll let Senator Blumenthal tell it!

I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

KiwiElf (1st June 2019), mojo (1st June 2019), mountain_jim (1st June 2019)

22. Link to Post #32
    United States Avalon Member mojo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,137 times in 3,962 posts

WOW Star Tsar!!!!!!!!!! Thats incredible to hear and leads to so many possibilities... In a way its unfair to hear such a tidbit without knowing the threat but maybe all the news reporting is getting people ready to hear it. I think Trump will declassify.... crazy times we're in....

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

KiwiElf (1st June 2019), Star Tsar (1st June 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2