+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Peruvian Stone Walls are NOT a mystery!! I've seen them do it.

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Peruvian Stone Walls are NOT a mystery!! I've seen them do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv49DND3uPI&t=119s

I was watching Ancient Alien stuff when I stumbled onto the video above.. and I thought; WAIT... I know exactly why there are little knobs on the side of the stone; in fact; I've watched a video on how they did this; how is this still a mystery??

So I'm going to describe the video that I've seen on youtube and I'm hoping someone will be able to help me find the video if it's still up.

Let me describe the video content and also how the Peruvian Stone Walls are built:
    (*yes, this is a video I watched, not a guess on my part!!)

There is a younger man, he is with an old man; the younger man is carrying a shaved circular tree (think skinnier telephone pole). He places it under one of the stone knobs sticking out; has a small wedge on the floor. he pushes the stick down and along the wedge, and it every so slightly lifts the stone up.. clearance is small; I'd say 3 inches my best guess. he then gets a small makeshift wall ladder, and climbs up next to the block that's lifted, and with another small (I assume harder stone) in hand; proceeds to plane down both the lifted rock, and the rock it's sitting on. Plane plane plane, and then he brushes out the small pebble and dirt from his planing, and then gets down the ladder. He lowers the stick; and lowers the rock. The old man is standing and trying to check if the edges align and are straight etc.. This action is repeated several times until the old man is satisfied. Then they move on to the next rock. The wedging of the rock also allows for a slight tilt, so one of the sides is accessable for planing also. One by one; they wedge with the stick; the rock is propped up enough for him to stick his hand in and plane down both sides of the rock (as well as side walls) debris is removed; and someone is checking for edge straightness and alignment.

I don't remember the name of the video; and don't even know what possible key words I'd be able to search in Youtube for it.. But the answer is ALREADY on youtube and apparently is still in practice today. So there's no mystery!!!

I would love to find the video I saw though; so we can move on with REAL mysteries..

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to twoblink For This Post:

Agape (26th August 2020), Bill Ryan (23rd July 2018), Flash (22nd January 2019), genevieve (24th July 2018), Gwin Ru (26th August 2020), Hervé (23rd July 2018), Johnnycomelately (19th April 2023), kfm27917 (27th August 2020), Nasu (23rd July 2018), toppy (23rd July 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,168 times in 1,747 posts

Default Re: Peruvian Stone Walls are NOT a mystery!! I've seen them do it.

Not buying it. They wanted to make people believe that the pyramids blocks where also made out of concrete a while back, but it turned out it was prestine sandstone.
    Sandbags, yeah right

here some pics to doubt that Theory

Machu Picchu, natural Stone !

Ollantaytambo in Peru. That must have been a gigantic sandbag , and by the way also natural stone.

Why knobs on perfectly square blocks ?

I could post hundreds of pictures that are neither cement or done with some kind of sandbags. Nice try though

And regarding the Threadtitle: Who exactly did you see do what ???
    Last edited by uzn; 23rd July 2018 at 20:20.

4. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to uzn For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (24th July 2018), amandapoet (25th July 2018), Art (24th July 2018), Bill Ryan (23rd July 2018), De Christu (2nd March 2021), drneglector (24th July 2018), Foxie Loxie (23rd July 2018), genevieve (24th July 2018), Gwin Ru (26th August 2020), happyuk (24th July 2018), Hervé (23rd July 2018), Jambo (2nd May 2023), jjjones (23rd July 2018), justalight (25th July 2018), Justplain (24th July 2018), kfm27917 (27th August 2020), mab777 (23rd July 2018), Miaspri (25th July 2018), RatRodRob...RRR (19th April 2023), Star Tsar (24th July 2018), sunwings (22nd January 2019)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Great pictures, uzn!!

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (24th July 2018), Bill Ryan (26th August 2020), drneglector (24th July 2018), Gwin Ru (26th August 2020), Justplain (24th July 2018), Sunny-side-up (24th July 2018), uzn (24th July 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Yeah, I'm not buying the log theory either. It's been tried before. The early Spanish accounts even describe the natives trying to emulate these monoliths, and using the log technique that you describe. Not only could they not complete a project in this way, but it resulted in the deaths of many laborers from out-of-control boulders on hillsides, until they finally gave up.

And even if a native tribe did manage to use this technique to transport all the blocks to their places, it doesn't explain how they were carved. These people are not supposed to have had metallurgy, nor even the wheel in many cases (though I hardly believe that either). So they would have had to have chipped all these blocks out by hand using other stones, and I'd like to see someone go out and replicate these blocks like that.

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,111 times in 3,950 posts

They with their stonework are trying to tell us something, but too tired and dumb down to connect now

That particular image is pure artistry, just love what they did with their construction/art

Love it :sun
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (24th July 2018), Bill Ryan (26th August 2020), De Christu (2nd March 2021), Gwin Ru (26th August 2020), RatRodRob...RRR (19th April 2023), uzn (24th July 2018), wnlight (24th July 2018)

10. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Webz Libri's Avatar
    Thanks

CEMENT BAGS! Really! Aliens sound more plausible than CEMENT BAGS!

Ok, let's think about the bags..... say the ancients could hold a ton of cement in a bag , how thick does this bag need to be? what material in ancient times is strong enough for this? So, you have these Magic bags, do they also dissolve magically and allow the gap created by adjoining bags to disappear?... huh, maybe they were ancient alien bags.
    My website: Mysteries Books

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Webz Libri For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th August 2020), De Christu (2nd March 2021), DeDukshyn (1st September 2020), Gwin Ru (26th August 2020), sunwings (22nd January 2019)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,204 times in 4,590 posts

I once thought -saw in my mind eye- something like water jets. It did not make complete sense to me as these temples in Peru and Bolivia seem to be in nearly waterless high altitude zones.
    But thousands of years can make even most powerful water streams disappear and change the landscape.

Any old civilisation who invented metallurgy and drills could have easily invented stone cutting water jets too.

Just an idea though

🐳

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th August 2020), DeDukshyn (26th August 2020), Gwin Ru (26th August 2020)

14. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,438 times in 8,540 posts

An idea I have been considering is the concept that the ancients had a way to soften or liquify solid stone without greatly heating it.

In relationship to the OPs attempt to understand the "bumps" near the base of the stones in Peru, I'm not sure I buy his theory that it was for a stick to hold up the entire stone while planing could be had - a stick balancing and holding a 100 ton stone? doesn't seem to likely to me.

But perhaps the bumps at the base of stone were caused by a hole in a form (like a concrete form / cribbing type of scenario) that allowed any trapped air to escape. For example a form was set up for each "stone" in the intended location and the form was then filled with smaller rocks - manageable sized ones, then somehow liquified (or rather soften into a thick slurry) into a single block - the knob was caused from a hole in the form that was placed there to ensure no air got trapped which, if air did get trapped, would ruin the block as it was un - liquified.

There are other examples of what appears to show the ability of the ancients to liquify solid stone, handprints found in solid sand stone and another example which I can't find right now where solid rock seems to have been liquified where you could see it had flowed and then re-hardened, but it seems without super heating it.

Perhaps the concept of stone liquifaction also explains the "London Hammer" that was found embedded in 400 million year old stone ... maybe its not a 400 million year old hammer but had become embedded somehow in a similar process ...

Last edited by DeDukshyn; 26th August 2020 at 18:50.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Agape (27th August 2020), Alekahn2 (26th August 2020), Bill Ryan (26th August 2020), De Christu (2nd March 2021), kfm27917 (27th August 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (26th August 2020), RatRodRob...RRR (19th April 2023), TargeT (26th August 2020)

16. Link to Post #9
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,396 times in 4,297 posts

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)

An idea I have been considering is the concept that the ancients had a way to soften or liquify solid stone without greatly heating it.
    I've long believed they used sound, light and vibration to soften the stone. I can't prove or adequately explain this lost technique, but I don't believe it involved any high technology. I feel the stone was "transformed" you could say into a soft malleable substance, like clay. Individual blocks could then be easily moulded to fit whatever shape, or into whatever space, seamlessly.

You can even see how these stone blocks (below) sort of sag down and bulge outwards under weight, exactly as if they were made from clay. After a period of time they set in place, returning back to hard stone.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Agape (27th August 2020), Bill Ryan (26th August 2020), De Christu (2nd March 2021), DeDukshyn (26th August 2020), kfm27917 (27th August 2020), RatRodRob...RRR (19th April 2023)

18. Link to Post #10
    Australia Avalon Member RatRodRob...RRR's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,813 times in 240 posts

Quote Posted by twoblink (here)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv49DND3uPI&t=119s

I was watching Ancient Alien stuff when I stumbled onto the video above.. and I thought; WAIT... I know exactly why there are little knobs on the side of the stone; in fact; I've watched a video on how they did this; how is this still a mystery??

So I'm going to describe the video that I've seen on youtube and I'm hoping someone will be able to help me find the video if it's still up.

Let me describe the video content and also how the Peruvian Stone Walls are built:
    (*yes, this is a video I watched, not a guess on my part!!)

There is a younger man, he is with an old man; the younger man is carrying a shaved circular tree (think skinnier telephone pole). He places it under one of the stone knobs sticking out; has a small wedge on the floor. he pushes the stick down and along the wedge, and it every so slightly lifts the stone up.. clearance is small; I'd say 3 inches my best guess. he then gets a small makeshift wall ladder, and climbs up next to the block that's lifted, and with another small (I assume harder stone) in hand; proceeds to plane down both the lifted rock, and the rock it's sitting on. Plane plane plane, and then he brushes out the small pebble and dirt from his planing, and then gets down the ladder. He lowers the stick; and lowers the rock. The old man is standing and trying to check if the edges align and are straight etc.. This action is repeated several times until the old man is satisfied. Then they move on to the next rock. The wedging of the rock also allows for a slight tilt, so one of the sides is accessable for planing also. One by one; they wedge with the stick; the rock is propped up enough for him to stick his hand in and plane down both sides of the rock (as well as side walls) debris is removed; and someone is checking for edge straightness and alignment.

I don't remember the name of the video; and don't even know what possible key words I'd be able to search in Youtube for it.. But the answer is ALREADY on youtube and apparently is still in practice today. So there's no mystery!!!

I would love to find the video I saw though; so we can move on with REAL mysteries..
    Ok, just remember/realize that these knobs sticking out of the stone were Not placed there, they were created by removing All the rock surrounding them, somehow removing all that stone on the entire rock face and then leaving the "knobs" behind.
    Thats an enormous amount of Extra work when creating the rock/stone blocks in the first place, these sticking out knobs were for a different reason/function. but what...?
    RRR
    The more people i met, the more i liked my dog.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RatRodRob...RRR For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th April 2023), Jambo (2nd May 2023), Johnnycomelately (19th April 2023), Vangelo (19th April 2023)

20. Link to Post #11
    Canada Avalon Member Johnnycomelately's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,510 times in 973 posts

I don’t see it. Look at the weird mating shapes, it would have to be done all at once, if sagging was a thing. Now you have to invoke more magic to handle that collective saggy mass.

The convex face sides might be for anti-weathering purposes, or might just be there to set a tone, a statement of solidity, a reassurance and/or a warning.

Not saying I’m right. Needs more data.

Quote Posted by Mark (Star Mariner) (here)
    Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)

I've long believed they used sound, light and vibration to soften the stone. I can't prove or adequately explain this lost technique, but I don't believe it involved any high technology. I feel the stone was "transformed" you could say into a soft malleable substance, like clay. Individual blocks could then be easily moulded to fit whatever shape, or into whatever space, seamlessly.

You can even see how these stone blocks (below) sort of sag down and bulge outwards under weight, exactly as if they were made from clay. After a period of time they set in place, returning back to hard stone.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th April 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (19th April 2023)

+ Reply to Thread