+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 102 FirstFirst 1 13 23 33 73 102 LastLast

Thread: Hollyweird GreatAwakening

1. Link to Post #441
    Thanks
    Thanked 78,290 times in 8,660 posts

Default Re: Hollyweird GreatAwakening

Spielberg yes but this also relates to a TV show that was going to use the footage, supposedly. I recall reading about this in Dolan's UFOs and the National Security State.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFO_conspiracy_theory

Quote Holloman Air Force Base[edit]

Clark cites a 1973 encounter as perhaps the earliest suggestion that the U.S. government was involved with ETs. That year, Robert Emenegger and Allan Sandler of Los Angeles, California were in contact with officials at Norton Air Force Base in order to make a documentary film. Emenegger and Sandler report that Air Force Officials (including Paul Shartle) suggested incorporating UFO information in the documentary, including as its centerpiece genuine footage of a 1971 UFO landing at Holloman Air Force Base in New Mexico. Furthermore, says Emenegger, he was given a tour of Holloman AFB and was shown where officials conferred with Extraterrestrial Biological Entities (EBEs). This was supposedly not the first time the U.S. had met these aliens, as Emenegger reported that his U.S. military sources had "been monitoring signals from an alien group with which they were unfamiliar, and did their ET guests know anything about them? The ETs said no" (Clark 1998, 144).[22] The documentary was released in 1974 as UFO's: Past, Present and Future (narrated by Rod Serling) containing only a few seconds of the Holloman UFO footage, the remainder of the landing depicted with illustrations and re-enactments.

In 1988, Shartle said that the film in question was genuine, and that he had seen it several times.

In 1976 a televised documentary report UFOS: It Has Begun[35] written by Robert Emenegger was presented by Rod Serling, Burgess Meredith and José Ferrer. Some sequences were recreated based upon the statements of eyewitness observers, together with the findings and conclusions of governmental civil and military investigations. The documentary uses a hypothetical UFO landing at Holloman AFB as a backdrop.
    Last edited by mountain_jim; 27th November 2018 at 02:54.
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Bluegreen (27th November 2018), BMJ (1st December 2018), Bruno (10th December 2018), Clarity (27th November 2018), crosby (19th May 2019), DNA (28th November 2018), muxfolder (26th November 2018), Spellbound (29th November 2018), Valerie Villars (26th November 2018)

3. Link to Post #442
    England Avalon Member Did You See Them's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,877 times in 1,034 posts

Wasn't real footage meant to have been included or snuck into something like Invaders or some other show/film ?

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Did You See Them For This Post:

Bluegreen (27th November 2018), Clarity (27th November 2018), crosby (19th May 2019), DNA (28th November 2018), muxfolder (26th November 2018), Spellbound (29th November 2018), Valerie Villars (26th November 2018)

5. Link to Post #443
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,419 times in 10,156 posts

Quote Posted by muxfolder (here)
    Here's another new blind some here might find interesting.

Quote Today's Blind Items - Government Cooperation
    Many decades ago there was a famous UFO author/researcher/filmmaker who also remarkably enough also was the creator of a long lasting children's show that is still referenced today. He wrote it and wrote the music and was quite the polar opposite from his UFO passion. Apparently someone in the government was a fan of the show and when he realized what the creator's main passion was decided to help him out. He gave the creator access to all of the government UFO files and film footage in order to film a documentary. At some point, a higher up found out what was going on but decided it would cause more of a stink to stop everything, so they let it proceed - with one caveat. The film footage the government was going to allow him to use and which he had seen was not going to be allowed in the movie. It basically killed any chance the documentary would be a success because the whole premise of it was leading up to the footage which apparently was jaw dropping.

Fast forward a decade and the creator reconnects with a movie producer. This producer has done some things, but is mainly known for being the sibling of a permanent A++ list director who at the time was an A+ list director but still fairly new to the business. The UFO guy and the A+ list director had worked on a film together a few years earlier where our UFO guy told some tales, but the director really didn't believe it all. Anyway, the UFO guy and the producer reconnect and start working on a movie that was so cheap it shared a set with a movie that featured the exact same plot line with different actors filmed a few years earlier. The thing is though, the UFO guy told the producer the same stories he had told the director a few years earlier. This time though, he dropped a bombshell. He had made a copy of the film the government gave him to use. He had taken a film camera and secretly filmed the scene when it was showing on a screen from a projector manned by a military officer.

Our UFO guys shows the footage to the producer who then gets her sibling to view it. The director decides he is going to use the footage in a new movie he is set to make. The government finds out about the footage and cuts a deal with the director. They will give him access to things he can use in all his films whether it is money or technology or ideas the government is working on. He can see the prototypes and incorporate them into his movies. It is why he has always focused on science and the future and aliens and the paranormal in addition to family fare. Apparently as part of the deal, he does have a copy of that footage. A clear copy.
    Link

This must be Spielberg and Close Encounters of the Third Kind?

"Escape From DS-3" - Produced by Anne Spielberg - Directed by Robert Emenegger (1:26:17)

Emenegger produced "Magic Feeling" by the totally awesome Lancelot Link & The Evolution Revolution (2:00)

Rod Serling UFO - It Has Begun (1:22:22)

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

BMJ (1st December 2018), Bruno (28th November 2018), Clarity (27th November 2018), crosby (19th May 2019), DNA (28th November 2018), mountain_jim (1st December 2018), muxfolder (27th November 2018), Spellbound (29th November 2018), Valerie Villars (28th November 2018), Zanshin (17th December 2018)

7. Link to Post #444
    Finland Avalon Member muxfolder's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 times in 668 posts

It looks like Luc Besson is going down next.

Quote The French director has been accused of various sexual crimes — ranging from rape to inappropriate behavior — by nine women.
    Link

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to muxfolder For This Post:

Bluegreen (28th November 2018), BMJ (12th December 2018), crosby (19th May 2019), DNA (11th December 2018), Valerie Villars (28th November 2018), Zanshin (17th December 2018)

9. Link to Post #445
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks

Online transcript of Steven Spielberg, George Lucas, and scriptwriter Lawrence Kasdan brainstorming Raiders of the Lost Ark
    http://maddogmovies.com/almost/scrip...erence1978.pdf

--

George: I was thinking that this old guy could have been his mentor. He could have known this little girl when she was just a kid. Had an affair with her when she was eleven.

Larry: And he was forty-two.

G: He hasn’t seen her in twelve years. Now she’s twenty-two. It’s a real strange relationship.

Steven: She had better be older than twenty-two.

G: He’s thirty-five, and he knew her ten years ago when he was twenty-five and she was only twelve.

G: It would be amusing to make her slightly young at the time.

S: And promiscuous. She came onto him.

Guess who ...

"I'd rather do one of my Uncle's secret movies. But I got too old."

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

BMJ (12th December 2018), Bruno (10th December 2018), Clarity (11th December 2018), crosby (19th May 2019), DNA (11th December 2018), mountain_jim (1st December 2018), muxfolder (1st December 2018), Valerie Villars (1st December 2018), Zanshin (18th December 2018)

11. Link to Post #446
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Not sure where else to post this.

Last night while watching "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" on Amazon Prime, there was mention in one of the episodes in Season 2, that the protagonist's son, who was rich and Jewish, had been recruited and retained by the CIA while in college.

The other sibling, a woman, was a stand up comic under the sanction of Lenny Bruce.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/deta...NDQ_UJnxna_1_1
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Bluegreen (10th December 2018), Bruno (10th December 2018), Clarity (11th December 2018), crosby (19th May 2019), DNA (11th December 2018), Zanshin (12th December 2018)

13. Link to Post #447
    Thanks

I had to Google Jordan Pruitt because I had no idea who she was.

Quote Former Disney star Jordan Pruitt said Monday that she was sexually abused for two years by an unnamed older man when she was a teenager.

The singer revealed on Facebook that at the same time she was contributing songs like “Outside Looking In” and “Jump to the Rhythm” to Disney movies such as Read It and Weep and Jump In! in 2006 and 2007, she was struggling personally.

Pruitt said that it began when she was 14 and on the set of her music video for “Jump to the Rhythm.” While she looked happy on the outside, Pruitt said, she actually felt trapped and that the man was already watching her every move.

“All I remember is the feeling of being totally isolated from the world,” she said. “This man had taken what was supposed to be one of the best experiences of my life, and gave me the worst memory of it. To this day, I won’t watch that video.”

“The first time I felt that he was inappropriate with me was on a day that I was recording for my first album,” said Pruitt, who toured with the Cheetah Girls, Demi Lovato and High School Musical: The Concert.

Pruitt recalled that she was told her record label wanted her to lose weight, so the man hired a personal trainer for her and began monitoring every inch of her body and every morsel in her diet, allegedly even withholding food until the recording was done for the day. After she’d lost 20 pounds, he told her that her “ass looked nice.”

“I do remember having a childish crush. This person was helping make ALL of my dreams come true, and thought I was so talented at every single thing I did,” Pruitt said. “I didn’t think anything was wrong until I felt this pit in my stomach. I KNEW something was wrong. Deep in the inner parts of my soul, I was trapped. At fifteen this person had brainwashed me into thinking that the things that were happening were ‘natural’ and ‘okay.’ For the record, while all of this was happening to me, he was engaged to be married. While I will spare you any of the mind-piercing details, I can honestly and unfortunately say that this man sexually abused me for almost two years of my life. I am a victim of child molestation because of him.”

Pruitt told a friend of hers that the man planned to end his engagement for her, and the friend told the singer’s parents. Her parents called the police, but Pruitt said she denied the relationship. She said that she’d been convinced by her abuser that she needed to be emancipated from her parents, who he said only wanted her “Disney Money.” He wanted her to stay with him.

“He made it so difficult [to cut ties with him] that I almost lost my record deal entirely,” Pruitt said. “Everyone at the label thought he was genuinely psychotic. At this point, I wasn’t even eating and could barely get out of bed. I remember very vividly staying in my room for two weeks straight and contemplating suicide every single day. And because I was meeting with lawyers pretty much every week of my life for almost a year, I ended up giving in and even throwing in an extra 50k. (Basically to f*** off) All of this going on, and NO ONE knowing about the darkness that was looming over my head. NO ONE knowing about the emotional and mental trauma I had endured…. and still endure today.”

Pruitt’s story does have a happy ending. These days, she said, she’s a happily married songwriter for publishing houses in Nashville who also works at a law firm. She’s patched things up with her parents, and she sometimes performs. (In 2012, Pruitt competed on The Voice.) Her therapist’s comment “Secrets make you sick” prompted her to share her story.

“I want everyone to know that through ANY horrible experience YOU are not over, and YOUR LIFE is not over. Even though I still deal with PTSD, depression, anxiety, panic attacks (sometimes daily), my LIFE is not his anymore,” Pruitt declared. “He can no longer take my everyday happiness away. At this moment in time, I couldn’t be happier that I am able to share this with you. Share this with my fans that unfortunately might have similar experiences. Esp people who have been in the Entertainment business. We are more alike than you thought.”

Source

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to muxfolder For This Post:

Bluegreen (11th December 2018), Bruno (11th December 2018), Clarity (11th December 2018), crosby (19th May 2019), De Christu (30th March 2021), DNA (11th December 2018), Flash (11th December 2018), raregem (11th December 2018), TargeT (11th December 2018), Valerie Villars (11th December 2018), Zanshin (12th December 2018)

15. Link to Post #448
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,702 times in 8,941 posts

I don’t understand what you are talking about Valerie?? Others seem to understand, maybe I am thick.

I must admit that because of listening no television and being from another culture, I cannot follow this thread if there is not a tiny bit of explanation. Mostly when there are mostly pictures.

You would all feel the same if I was flunking you with pics of French actors or Quebec singers without saying much. We to have our scandals too. Adressing here to other posters than you Valerie.

Quote Posted by Valerie Villars (here)
    Not sure where else to post this.

Last night while watching "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" on Amazon Prime, there was mention in one of the episodes in Season 2, that the protagonist's son, who was rich and Jewish, had been recruited and retained by the CIA while in college.

The other sibling, a woman, was a stand up comic under the sanction of Lenny Bruce.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/deta...NDQ_UJnxna_1_1
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Bluegreen (11th December 2018), Clarity (11th December 2018), crosby (19th May 2019), DNA (11th December 2018), raregem (11th December 2018)

17. Link to Post #449
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

It's okay Flash.

There's no point in posting unless an explanation is given.

I was watching the above series, and keeping in mind television and movies often present things that are true, I was a little stunned to see a series set in the 60's, about a wealthy Jewish family, talk about how the CIA recruits people in college. The protagonist's brother, in this case. And even their father didn't know until the CIA cornered him in an office.

The fact that they (the CIA) do that at such a young and impressionable age, and they are such a corrupt bunch, just blows my mind.

Sorry about that and I'm glad you asked for clarification. I'm having a bit of a weird time lately.

It's still a bit of a mind blower to me that life on planet earth is not at all what I thought it was.
    Last edited by Valerie Villars; 11th December 2018 at 20:25.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

18. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Bluegreen (11th December 2018), BMJ (12th December 2018), Brodie75 (24th October 2021), Bruno (17th December 2018), Clarity (11th December 2018), crosby (19th May 2019), DNA (11th December 2018), Flash (11th December 2018), raregem (11th December 2018), starlight (15th December 2018), Zanshin (12th December 2018)

19. Link to Post #450
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks

Taylor Swift was signed at 15 by Steven Spielberg

Selena Gomez was signed at 15 by Disney

Demi Lovato was signed at 15 by Disney

Jordan Pruitt was signed at 14 by Disney

Quote Posted by muxfolder (here)

Quote Former Disney star Jordan Pruitt said Monday that she was sexually abused for two years by an unnamed older man when she was a teenager.

Pruitt said that it began when she was 14 and on the set of her music video for “Jump to the Rhythm.” While she looked happy on the outside, Pruitt said, she actually felt trapped and that the man was already watching her every move.

“All I remember is the feeling of being totally isolated from the world,” she said. “This man had taken what was supposed to be one of the best experiences of my life, and gave me the worst memory of it. To this day, I won’t watch that video.”

Last edited by Bluegreen; 6th November 2019 at 03:51.

20. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

BMJ (12th December 2018), Bruno (17th December 2018), Clarity (12th December 2018), crosby (19th May 2019), DNA (11th December 2018), drneglector (17th December 2018), Flash (11th December 2018), mountain_jim (12th December 2018), muxfolder (12th December 2018), raregem (11th December 2018), Valerie Villars (12th December 2018), Zanshin (12th December 2018)

21. Link to Post #451
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

BMJ (17th December 2018), crosby (19th May 2019), DNA (17th December 2018), drneglector (17th December 2018), Icare (7th April 2020), meeradas (20th December 2018), muxfolder (17th December 2018), Swan (19th December 2018), TargeT (17th December 2018), Valerie Villars (17th December 2018), Zanshin (17th December 2018)

23. Link to Post #452
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . "Guess what!"
    Last edited by Bluegreen; 14th April 2020 at 20:13.

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

BMJ (17th December 2018), crosby (19th May 2019), DNA (17th December 2018), drneglector (17th December 2018), Ivanhoe (17th December 2018), meeradas (20th December 2018), muxfolder (17th December 2018), TargeT (17th December 2018), Valerie Villars (17th December 2018), Zanshin (17th December 2018)

25. Link to Post #453
    Thanks

Woody Allen mentioned to have a relationship with 16 year-old girl. This girl had also ties to Jeffrey Epstein.

Quote Sixteen, emerald-eyed, blond, an aspiring model with a confident streak and a painful past: Babi Christina Engelhardt had just caught Woody Allen's gaze at legendary New York City power restaurant Elaine's. It was October 1976, and when Engelhardt returned from the ladies' room, she dropped a note on his table with her phone number. It brazenly read: "Since you've signed enough autographs, here's mine!"

Soon, Allen rang, inviting her to his Fifth Avenue penthouse. The already-famous 41-year-old director, still hot off Sleeper and who'd release Annie Hall the following spring, never asked her age. But she told him she was still in high school, living with her family in rural New Jersey as she pursued her modeling ambitions in Manhattan. Within weeks, they'd become physically intimate at his place. She wouldn't turn 17, legal in New York, until that December.

The pair embarked on, by her account, a clandestine romance of eight years, the claustrophobic, controlling and yet dreamy dimensions of which she's still processing more than four decades later. For her, the recent re-examination of gender power dynamics initiated by the #MeToo movement (and Allen's personal scandals, including a claim of sexual abuse by his adopted daughter Dylan Farrow) has turned what had been a melancholic if still sweet memory into something much more uncomfortable. Like others among her generation — she just turned 59 on Dec. 4 — Engelhardt is resistant to attempts to have the life she led then be judged by what she considers today's newly established norms. "It's almost as if I'm now expected to trash him," she says.

Time, though, has transfigured what she's long viewed as a secret, unspoken monument to their then-still-ongoing relationship: 1979's Manhattan, in which 17-year-old Tracy (Oscar-nominated Mariel Hemingway) enthusiastically beds Allen's 42-year-old character Isaac "Ike" Davis. The film has always "reminded me why I thought he was so interesting — his wit is magnetic," Engelhardt says. "It was why I liked him and why I'm still impressed with him as an artist. How he played with characters in his movies, and how he played with me."

Two of Engelhardt's close friends from the period affirm they were aware of Engelhardt's relationship with Allen at the time — one would even drop her off at his penthouse. Photographer Andrew Unangst, who was dining with her at Elaine's the night she made her move on Allen, also says he knew about the long-running tryst she initiated that night. "She was a knockout, and outgoing too," he says of the gambit. Engelhardt's younger brother Mike remembers Allen calling their parents' home: "I'd holler out, 'Babi, it's Woody!' My brain didn't think something romantic; I was 11 or 12 and a huge fan. I mean, Bananas?!"

Engelhardt and her journey, shared here publicly for the first time, are complicated. She's proud of her teenage self as an up-by-her-bootstraps heroine who successfully beguiled a "celebrated genius." Even now, she holds herself largely responsible for remaining in the relationship as long as she did and for the frustration and sorrow that ultimately came with the liaison — one in which, by her description, she never held any agency. (Most experts would contend that such an uneven power dynamic is inherently exploitative.)

Even with hindsight, though, she's unwilling to indict Allen, who declined to comment for this story. "What made me speak is I thought I could provide a perspective," she offers. "I'm not attacking Woody," she says. "This is not 'bring down this man.' I'm talking about my love story. This made me who I am. I have no regrets."

Today, Engelhardt (who dropped Babi from her name and goes by Christina), is a divorcee and mother of two college-aged daughters living in a crystal-filled apartment in the flats of Beverly Hills. Since childhood, she says she's been a psychic reader, interpreting the stars for boldface names (just as she once did for Allen, who was not impressed). One paid psychic client, the late Pop Minimalist artist Patrick Nagel, gifted her the original piece above her living room sofa. It's here, with a portfolio of her yellowed and brittle modeling photos in hand, that Engelhardt travels into her past.

Open and thoughtful, Engelhardt unspools a life story that took root in a strict German immigrant household and blossomed into a Zelig-esque series of adventures as she attempted to break into modeling: partying with Iman, jet-setting with Adnan Khashoggi, dining with Stephen King, working as a personal assistant to Jeffrey Epstein, the billionaire financier later convicted for soliciting an underage girl. Following her time with Allen, she went on to become a platonic muse to Federico Fellini during the auteur's late-life journeys in Rome and Tulum, Mexico, then spent years tending to egos as a hostess in the executive dining room at Paramount before landing her current gig, working as an assistant for producer Bob Evans. What's made her attractive to these powerful men, both personally and professionally, she posits, is in part what Allen appreciated in the first place: "I was pretty enough, I was smart enough, I was nonconfrontational, I was non-judgmental, I was discreet, and nothing shocks me."

She's already written, and kept private, two volumes of unpublished memoirs, one focusing on her Fellini years, the other on her time with Allen. In the latter, Engelhardt portrays a relationship of unequals. From their first rendezvous (quizzing her on the meaning of life, challenging her to a chess match, inviting her to watch a basketball game in his TV room, making out with her), terms were decreed by Allen. She considered him then, and still considers him now, a Great Man. She pushed back little if at all.

"I was a pleaser, agreeable," says Engelhardt, a fan of Allen long before they met. "Knowing he was a director, I didn't argue. I was coming from a place of devotion." They operated under two key unspoken rules: There'd be zero discussion about his work, and — owing to the celebrity's presumed necessity for privacy — they could only meet at his place. By her count, on more than 100 subsequent occasions, she'd visit him at his apartment at 930 Fifth Ave., where she'd invariably make her way to an upstairs bedroom facing Central Park.

"The curtains were always drawn," Engelhardt says. "The view must have been spectacular." She shrugs. "I wasn't there for the view."

Another element that may have factored into her dynamic with Allen, Engelhardt muses, was her German background. "I had been taunted, tormented as a 'Nazi child' in the Jewish neighborhood I grew up in: Matawan, New Jersey. [The family moved to a rural area of the state when she was a teenager.] My father ran around in lederhosen. I had doors slammed in my face." Her parents were both postwar emigres, her father — by his account — a 14-year-old ditch-digging conscript into Hitler's army serving near the French border before the end of the war. "Woody's the uber-Jew, and I'm the uber-German," she says. While the pair never discussed their difference, she contends it hovered, at least on her end: "There was a chip on my shoulder about wanting to please those who cast me aside. I wasn't confrontational because I thought, 'Nobody likes Germans.' "

By Engelhardt's recollection, about a year into the relationship, Allen occasionally began bringing in two other "beautiful young ladies" for threesomes. Engelhardt says she had experimented with bisexuality and at times found the experiences with Allen "interesting — a '70s exploration," she says.

But she felt differently when, after they'd been sleeping together for four years, Allen beamingly announced that he wanted to introduce her to his new "girlfriend." (Engelhardt had presumed she was the girlfriend.) It turned out to be Mia Farrow, who was 14 years older and already famous for Rosemary's Baby and The Great Gatsby.

In her manuscript, Engelhardt writes, "I felt sick. I didn't want to be there at all, and yet I couldn't find the courage to get up and leave. To leave would mean an end to all of this. Looking back now, that's exactly what I needed, but back then, the idea of not having Woody in my life at all terrified me. So I sat there, patiently, calmly trying to assess the situation, trying to understand why he wanted the two of us to meet."

Despite the initial shock of jealousy, Engelhardt says she grew to like Farrow over the course of the "handful" of three-way sex sessions that followed at Allen's penthouse as they smoked joints and bonded over a shared fondness for animals. ("When Mia was there, we'd talk about astrology, and Woody was forced to listen," she laughs.) Engelhardt writes in her manuscript, "There were times the three of us were together, and it was actually great fun. We enjoyed each other when we were in the moment. She was beautiful and sweet, he was charming and alluring, and I was sexy and becoming more and more sophisticated in this game. It wasn't until after it was done when I really had time to think of how twisted it was when we were together … and how I was little more than a plaything." She continues, "While we were together, the whole thing was a game that was being operated solely by Woody so we never quite knew where we stood."

"I used to think this was a form of mother-father with the two of them," says Engelhardt. "To me, that whole relationship was very Freudian: how I admired them, how he'd already broken me in, how I let that be all right."

As for Farrow, she explains, "I always had the impression that she was doing this because he wanted it." Engelhardt recalls when the story broke about Allen's relationship with Farrow's adopted daughter, Soon-Yi Previn (now his wife of nearly 21 years). "I felt sorry for Mia," she says. "I thought, 'Didn't Woody have enough 'extra,' with or without her, that the last thing he had to do was to go for something that was totally hers?'

"He had groomed Mia, trained her, to put up with all of this. Now he had no barriers. It was total disrespect." (Farrow declined to comment on this story.)

Allen's prolific career had largely been unaffected by his personal-life controversies until the arrival of the #MeToo reckoning. In October 2017, the red carpet premiere for his Amazon Studios release Wonder Wheel was canceled, and in January 2018, two stars of his follow-up film for the streamer, A Rainy Day in New York — Timothee Chalamet and Rebecca Hall (who previously had appeared in Allen's Vicky Cristina Barcelona) — apologized for working on it and donated their salaries to anti-harassment organizations. A Rainy Day in New York, originally expected to debut this year, is still without a release date.

Looking back on her relationship with Allen, Engelhardt believes the only time she ever witnessed him truly reveal his vulnerability was after he took an unexpected phone call from Diane Keaton. She remembers that his ex-girlfriend told him the cat they'd shared together had died. "It caught him off-guard," Engelhardt says. "He just sat there next to me and looked at his hands. They were trembling. In that moment he wasn't even in the room."

Engelhardt, who had begun taking acting classes with Stella Adler and Lee Strasberg during her time with Allen, remains hurt that he refused to assist her in obtaining a SAG card. "It was the only thing I'd ever asked for of him, and he told me, 'No, that's something you'll need to get on your own,' in a tone that said 'drop it,' " she recalls. In the fall of 1979, without telling Allen, Engelhardt secured work as an extra on Stardust Memories. "I didn't even see him there; it may have been second-unit," she says. "My dream was that he'd have seen me and pulled me out from the crowd. But I showed up with the crowd and left with the crowd." She never told him she'd been there.

She also hid something much more tragic from Allen. Engelhardt had repeatedly been raped in the years before meeting him, first by an older classmate, then on multiple occasions by a family friend. "The unpleasant things that happened to me, I wanted to forget that they happened," she says.

Over time, Engelhardt grew increasingly unfulfilled by her arrangement with the auteur, eventually leaving New York. "I thought I was special, and then I realized he's a big person and he's got a big life — I'm in his life," she says. "It's a rainbow with many colors, and I'm one of them." By the late 1980s, she had ended up part of Fellini's creative circle in Rome, working in his office. One day, Allen, a noted fan, called him. "I was the one to pick up," Engelhardt says. "He said, 'You're with Fellini — you left me for Fellini?! That's so cool!' He was shocked I was with, of all people, his hero." She still marvels that, to her mind, Allen finally valued her only when he came to (mistakenly) believe that another man, one he idolized, had successfully wooed her.

Engelhardt last heard from Allen in January 2001, when he sent her a letter thanking her for sending him a copy of a documentary she'd appeared in about the making of The Voice of the Moon, Fellini's final film. "I hope you're happy and well," Allen wrote. "I recall our times together fondly. If you're ever in New York I would love you to meet my wife — she'd like you. We get out to California every so often. If you'd like I'd call and perhaps we could all get together."

Engelhardt assumed, given their history, that a proposed meeting with Allen and Previn wasn't meant to be platonic. "I already had children then," she notes. "I was like — not that I've gone square, but my priorities were different. I just wanted to stay away from that."

It's been more than a decade since Engelhardt last viewed Manhattan when she rewatches it in November. The TV set in her living room isn't working, so she uses the one in her daughters' bedroom — "how appropriate," she jokes. Settling in on a bed, amid a dangling dreamcatcher, Engelhardt pulls her legs in close as Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue" famously swells over the opening skyline interlude and the narrative unfolds.

Engelhardt first saw the film at a matinee while the pair were still involved. "I didn't know anything going in — that's how little I knew about what he was working on," she says. Based on the advertisements, she thought that any romance would hinge on the adult stars, Meryl Streep and Keaton, and was stunned as the story focused on Allen's stand-in as he alternates between bemusement and distress by his can't-quit-it relationship with a soul-baring teenager played by Hemingway.

"I cried through most of the movie, the dawning of realization slowly settling in as my greatest fears crept to the surface," she writes in her memoir manuscript. "How could he have felt this way? How was our partnership not something more than just a fling? We had shared such a special bond right from the start, something magical, and now here was his interpretation of me and us on the big screen for all to see in black-and-white. How could he deconstruct my personality and our life together as if it were just some fictional creation for art house fatheads to pore over?"

When she next saw Allen, she told him she found an awful lot of similarities between her and Hemingway's Tracy. (Not just in their tender ages; they were both, among other salient details, gorgeous would-be actresses with an interest in photography who, perhaps to others' surprise, exalted their clever beta male beaus as erotic alphas.) "I thought you would," she recalls him responding. There was no further bite, and, as usual, she didn't push it. "That was it," she reflects in the book. "That was all I would ever get out of him about the film, and looking back now, I am so angry with myself for not being stronger."

Engelhardt doesn't suppose she's the sole inspiration for Tracy. She knows that actress Stacey Nelkin, who dated Allen while she was a 17-year-old student at Stuyvesant High School after meeting him during the making of Annie Hall, has stated she was his Manhattan muse. (Still: "When I heard her say that, I was like, 'Whatever.' ") For Engelhardt's part, she presumes Tracy is a composite and that any number of Allen's presumed other real-life young paramours, including the two she met during threesomes, may have collectively stirred the director's imagination. "I was a fragment," she explains. "Great artists cherry-pick."

Manhattan operates for Engelhardt as deja vu, looking-glass and trapdoor, from an early scene at Elaine's ("Hah!") to Ike's postcoital insistence that Tracy can't be spending the night at his bachelor pad. "He always did the same with me," she explains, "although he had his driver sending me away in his white Rolls-Royce. I often ended up at the Port Authority, heading to New Jersey." ("It's a brilliant film," she repeats, again and again.) Yet at the film's emotional climax, when Tracy tells Ike "everyone gets corrupted; you have to have a little faith," Engelhardt is wryly unillusioned: "Of course, he didn't have faith in anybody."

When it's over, Engelhardt is struck by how, to her, Allen had conjured a make-believe world in which Ike could conduct his relationship with a teenage partner, able to parade her in public and among friends in a fantasyland devoid of any disapproval, noting how it contrasted with her own enforced seclusion. "I was kept away," she observes. The ethical milieu Allen establishes among the rest of the adults in the film is striking. Without exception, they're either bemusedly ambivalent or outright supportive of the pair's relationship. Indeed, Ike's own perpetual hand-wringing about its appropriateness — as though such hand-wringing were tantamount to absolution — is brought into even sharper relief by its absence elsewhere.

In a draft for the shooting script for Manhattan (co-written by Marshall Brickman) and now a part of Woody Allen's archival papers at Princeton University, Tracy is described by various characters as being as young as 16. In the last scene of the film, she assures Ike, "I turned 18 the other day. I'm legal, but I'm still a kid." In the other copy of the script on file at Princeton, her age is typed as "seventeen," then crossed out and corrected by hand to add another year.

In January, The Washington Post published an article that catalogued the "misogynist and lecherous musings" in his Princeton papers. It zeroed in on a couple of short-story drafts in which he'd portrayed middle-aged men romantically entangled with teen girls as well as an unmade television pitch featuring a 16-year-old girl described as "a flashy sexy blonde in a flaming red low cut evening gown with a long slit up the side." Engelhardt says of the piece: "It put all of the dots together. It made me realize that I was part of a pattern. I'd never been privy to his mind in that way."

After she unloads the Manhattan DVD, Engelhardt offers a final thought for the evening. What if it had been the teenage girl's story that had been the center rather than that of the middle-aged man? "It's a remake I'd like to see."

A week after the screening, Engelhardt confides that Allen has preoccupied her dreams. "I used to dream of making love to Woody," she says. "Now I'm dreaming of him dying in my arms."

She'd also been dreaming of her 19-year-old daughter. In Engelhardt's slumber, she'd learned that a significantly older suitor, a major celebrity, was pursuing her child, that he was offering to show her the world, to take her to Paris. "I was mirroring myself," she says. "In the dream, I was OK with it." Now that Engelhardt was awake, was she still on board? "Um, no."
    Source

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to muxfolder For This Post:

Bluegreen (18th December 2018), BMJ (25th December 2018), Bruno (18th December 2018), crosby (19th May 2019), DNA (20th December 2018), Valerie Villars (18th December 2018), Zanshin (18th December 2018)

27. Link to Post #454
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks

"Soon these people will not be able to walk the streets."

28. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (20th December 2018), Baby Steps (19th December 2018), BMJ (25th December 2018), Bruno (19th December 2018), crosby (19th May 2019), DNA (20th December 2018), meeradas (20th December 2018), muxfolder (20th December 2018), TargeT (19th December 2018), Valerie Villars (19th December 2018), Zanshin (21st December 2018)

29. Link to Post #455
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks

Disney actor Stoney Westmoreland is under felony arrest in the Mormon Capital of the World for soliciting sex from what he believed to be a 13 year old boy. Westmoreland was a cast member in the popular Disney Channel series Andi Mack. The veteran actor has also appeared in Breaking Bad, Scandal, Better Call Saul, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and N.C.I.S.

(1:27)

Last edited by Bluegreen; 3rd January 2019 at 14:51.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

BMJ (25th December 2018), Bruno (20th December 2018), DNA (20th December 2018), muxfolder (20th December 2018), Valerie Villars (20th December 2018), Zanshin (21st December 2018)

31. Link to Post #456
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks

Illuminati puppet Ariana Grande

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (25th December 2018), BMJ (25th December 2018), crosby (19th May 2019), drneglector (25th December 2018), muxfolder (22nd December 2018), Valerie Villars (22nd December 2018)

33. Link to Post #457
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,389 times in 1,715 posts

Kevin Spacey charged with sexually assaulting 18-year-old son of former news anchor

Actor Kevin Spacey has been charged with indecent assault and battery more than two years after he allegedly groped the son of a former Boston news anchor.

Spacey will be arraigned Jan. 7 at Nantucket District Court, Cape and Islands District Attorney Michael O'Keefe told the Boston Globe.

The district attorney's office did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Heather Unruh said in November 2017 that the "House of Cards" actor caused her 18-year-old son "tremendous anger and anxiety" after he grabbed his genitals at a club on Nantucket Island in July 2016.

The ex-journalist took the allegations to police and filed a report last year, as her son finally felt comfortable coming forward with his claims after Spacey was accused of similar behavior by multiple other men.

The family's attorney, Mitchell Garabedian, praised the victim for his bravery in coming forward in a statement Monday.

"The complainant has shown a tremendous amount of courage in coming forward. Let the facts be presented, the relevant law applied and a just and fair verdict rendered," the statement read. "Because of the pending criminal matter I have no further comment."

Unruh previously made clear that she would stop at nothing to seek justice for her son, and fully intended on putting Spacey, 59, behind bars.

"I want to see Kevin Spacey go to jail," Unruh said at a news conference at the time. "I want to see Kevin Spacey have the hand of justice come down on him, not just for my son, but for the many others who have yet to speak their truth."

Los Angeles prosecutors in September failed to file criminal charges against Spacey, claiming that the statute of limitations on two alleged crimes had expired

The Oscar-winning actor remains under investigation by Scotland Yard for three separate sexual assault allegations.

Meanwhile, Spacey broke a yearlong Twitter silence just minutes after news of his arraignment broke with a video titled "Let Me Be Frank" that appeared to feature him in character as his late "House of Cards" character Frank Underwood.

Spacey was fired from the Netflix drama ahead of its final season following multiple allegations of sexual assault.

Link: https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/us/ke...D=ansmsnnews11

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BMJ For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (25th December 2018), Bluegreen (25th December 2018), crosby (19th May 2019), drneglector (25th December 2018), muxfolder (25th December 2018), Valerie Villars (25th December 2018), Zanshin (25th December 2018)

35. Link to Post #458
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Merry Christmas from Hollywood's own Sarah Silverman!

Quote Sarah Silverman appeared on the October 22 episode of Howard Stern’s SiriusXM radio show and was inevitably asked about her friend, Louis C.K., who has started making stand-up comedy appearances in New York City a year after admitting to sexual misconduct. C.K. came forward last fall to say the claims that he masturbated in front of several female comics were true, and Silverman told Stern that C.K. masturbated in front of her, albeit with her consent.

“I know I’m going to regret saying this,” Silverman said. “I’ve known Louis forever, I’m not making excuses for him, so please don’t take this that way. We are peers. We are equals. When we were kids, and he asked if he could masturbate in front of me, sometimes I’d go, ‘**** yeah I want to see that!’… It’s not analogous to the other women that are talking about what he did to them. He could offer me nothing. We were only just friends. Sometimes, yeah, I wanted to see it, it was amazing. Sometimes I would say, ‘****ing no, gross,’ and we got pizza.”
    https://www.barstoolsports.com/chica...-her-sometimes

And then they got pizza.

36. Link to Post #459
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by BMJ (here)
    Kevin Spacey charged with sexually assaulting 18-year-old son of former news anchor
    and then this.....

interesting speculation in a reddit thread about this video...
    https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/...deo_hollywood/
    Last edited by TargeT; 25th December 2018 at 07:05.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bluegreen (25th December 2018), BMJ (26th December 2018), crosby (19th May 2019), muxfolder (25th December 2018), starlight (25th December 2018)

38. Link to Post #460
    Thanks

Allegedly Kevin Spacey likes his boys very young and prefers they fight back when he makes his moves. Disgusting man.

39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to muxfolder For This Post:

Bluegreen (25th December 2018), BMJ (26th December 2018), crosby (19th May 2019), Valerie Villars (25th December 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 102 FirstFirst 1 13 23 33 73 102 LastLast