Thread: Hollyweird GreatAwakening

1. Link to Post #1141
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,169 times in 10,102 posts

Default Re: Hollyweird GreatAwakening

"Is Harvey Weinstein's Walker Just A Prop To Gain Sympathy? Experts Weigh In"

From The Hollywood Reporter
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ra...-weigh-1269911

The disgraced mogul has been sporting a $30 device (with tennis balls, no less) at his sex crimes trial after undergoing a bilateral laminectomy in December — but some are skeptical. Is Harvey Weinstein really in pain? Or is that not-exactly-top-of-the-line walker he's been sporting at trial just a courtroom prop designed to illicit sympathy?

His spinal surgeon knows, but his lawyer doesn't care ...

Harvey Weinstein: A lifetime of experience evaluating professional pretenders' ability to pretend

From BlindGossip.com
    https://blindgossip.com/the-one-word/#more-99912

At a Golden Globes party, there was an interesting discussion that took place among a few Hollywood executives. It wasn’t about nominations or fashion or speeches. It was about one of their own. According to a key executive, there is one word that is heavily influencing the defense of this Hollywood movie bigwig.

They were saying that almost every victim used the same word to describe Weinstein and his crimes, and his attorneys know they have to blunt the connection the jury makes between that one word and Harvey Weinstein.

Can you guess what that word is? It’s “power”. As in industry power. As well as physical power.

He is always described as a “power player.” Almost all the victims say that he held the “power” in their relationship, that he is one of the most “powerful” people in Hollywood, that his body size is “big and powerful”, and that he physically “overpowered” them. His team is betting that the other side will use that word over and over, beginning with their opening statement. So, what is his team’s strategy?

They decided they couldn’t diminish his career or his influence in any credible way, but they could make him look physically weaker. That’s why the suddenly thinner and frail appearance. They hope the jury looks at him and doesn’t think of him as being physically big and powerful or able to overpower anyone.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (17th January 2020), BMJ (18th January 2020), Denise/Dizi (24th March 2020), edina (17th January 2020), Icare (8th April 2020), justntime2learn (18th January 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (17th January 2020), mountain_jim (17th January 2020), pyrangello (24th January 2020), Soda (20th January 2020), Sue (Ayt) (19th January 2020), Valerie Villars (17th January 2020), wondering (18th January 2020)

3. Link to Post #1142
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

Quote Posted by Bluegreen (here)

From The Hollywood Reporter
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ra...-weigh-1269911

The disgraced mogul has been sporting a $30 device (with tennis balls, no less) at his sex crimes trial after undergoing a bilateral laminectomy in December — but some are skeptical. Is Harvey Weinstein really in pain? Or is that not-exactly-top-of-the-line walker he's been sporting at trial just a courtroom prop designed to illicit sympathy?

His spinal surgeon knows, but his lawyer doesn't care ...

Harvey Weinstein: A lifetime of experience evaluating professional pretenders' ability to pretend

From BlindGossip.com
    https://blindgossip.com/the-one-word/#more-99912

At a Golden Globes party, there was an interesting discussion that took place among a few Hollywood executives. It wasn’t about nominations or fashion or speeches. It was about one of their own. According to a key executive, there is one word that is heavily influencing the defense of this Hollywood movie bigwig.

They were saying that almost every victim used the same word to describe Weinstein and his crimes, and his attorneys know they have to blunt the connection the jury makes between that one word and Harvey Weinstein.

Can you guess what that word is? It’s “power”. As in industry power. As well as physical power.

He is always described as a “power player.” Almost all the victims say that he held the “power” in their relationship, that he is one of the most “powerful” people in Hollywood, that his body size is “big and powerful”, and that he physically “overpowered” them. His team is betting that the other side will use that word over and over, beginning with their opening statement. So, what is his team’s strategy?

They decided they couldn’t diminish his career or his influence in any credible way, but they could make him look physically weaker. That’s why the suddenly thinner and frail appearance. They hope the jury looks at him and doesn’t think of him as being physically big and powerful or able to overpower anyone.
    Quite awhile ago I watched a video of Weinstein interviewing a woman for a job. It was repulsive watching him use his position and her desire for a big break to become sexually bizarre with her. I am not sure why or how she was able to record and video this, but she did. The thing I found interesting was that even after this disgusting behavior that she tries to politely brush off he suggests they meet at bar for drinks. She agrees to do this. When there he suggests they go up to his hotel room which she agrees to . She admits she really wanted the job so she did go.

Although, it is never right to force or manipulate someone into a sexual encounter, some degree of accountability has to go to women that enter a situation like that knowing that this guy is a creep but wanting something from him so badly that they are willing to play his game, probably believing they can handle the situation and still get what they want, usually a job. I believe all or most of the women were in the same position, they wanted something from him and he wanted something from them. I believe the same could be said for all of those that laughed off his behavior because he held a high position in the pyramid of power in the industry.

Although, I know this will be a really unpopular thing to say, I do tend to believe Weinstein when he says he didn't forcibly rape anyone. I don't think that was what turned him on. I think he got off on exploiting his power to make women that he considered less powerful by creating sexually awkward situations, watching them squirm and seeing which ones would pay the price for a shot at getting what they wanted. Just like rape, it was all about power, just a variant on the theme.

The weak old man thing is really corny. If he is so incapacitated, why not show up in a wheelchair or a scooter? Not nearly as dramatic as him struggling up those stairs.. how silly.

4. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (17th January 2020), Bluegreen (17th January 2020), BMJ (18th January 2020), Denise/Dizi (24th March 2020), edina (17th January 2020), Icare (8th April 2020), justntime2learn (18th January 2020), Krist (17th January 2020), Mercedes (18th January 2020), pyrangello (24th January 2020), Soda (20th January 2020), Sue (Ayt) (19th January 2020), Valerie Villars (17th January 2020), wegge (18th January 2020), wondering (18th January 2020)

5. Link to Post #1143
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,349 times in 1,707 posts

The satanic aspects of hollywood portray here for public entertainment what they do in life that is child sacrifice to Moloch.

Thank you Majestic 12 @TS_SCI_MAJIC12 on twitter for this find.

How The 1914 Film Cabiria Presents Child Sacrifice To Moloch

16 Jan 2020
    yebo
    In hoc signo vinces / In this sign thou shalt conquer

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BMJ For This Post:

Bluegreen (18th January 2020), Denise/Dizi (24th March 2020), edina (18th January 2020), Icare (8th April 2020), justntime2learn (19th January 2020), Mercedes (18th January 2020), mountain_jim (19th January 2020), pyrangello (24th January 2020), Siphonemis (22nd January 2020), Valerie Villars (21st January 2020)

7. Link to Post #1144
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,349 times in 1,707 posts

From BlindGossip.com
    Source closes to Harvey Weinstein have revealed that Weinstein physiotherapists "Tucker" has been pleased with his progress with walking frame and the sympathy it has stirred up.
    "Tucker" expects that by his next court appearance Weinstein will be graduating to crutch's combined with coaching in the "Tucker Walk", the premise is that a visual portrayal of a "bad guy trying hard to improve himself" should gain additional sympathy from the jury & judge.

Last edited by BMJ; 18th January 2020 at 14:18.
    In hoc signo vinces / In this sign thou shalt conquer

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BMJ For This Post:

Bluegreen (18th January 2020), Denise/Dizi (24th March 2020), edina (19th January 2020), justntime2learn (19th January 2020), Mercedes (18th January 2020), mountain_jim (19th January 2020), pyrangello (24th January 2020), Sue (Ayt) (19th January 2020), Valerie Villars (21st January 2020)

9. Link to Post #1145
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks

A Blast From The Past

Who runs Hollywood? C’mon
    By JOEL STEIN
    Dec. 19, 2008

I have never been so upset by a poll in my life. Only 22% of Americans now believe “the movie and television industries are pretty much run by Jews,” down from nearly 50% in 1964. The Anti-Defamation League, which released the poll results last month, sees in these numbers a victory against stereotyping. Actually, it just shows how dumb America has gotten. Jews totally run Hollywood.

How deeply Jewish is Hollywood? When the studio chiefs took out a full-page ad in the Los Angeles Times a few weeks ago to demand that the Screen Actors Guild settle its contract, the open letter was signed by: News Corp. President Peter Chernin (Jewish), Paramount Pictures Chairman Brad Grey (Jewish), Walt Disney Co. Chief Executive Robert Iger (Jewish), Sony Pictures Chairman Michael Lynton (surprise, Dutch Jew), Warner Bros. Chairman Barry Meyer (Jewish), CBS Corp. Chief Executive Leslie Moonves (so Jewish his great uncle was the first prime minister of Israel), MGM Chairman Harry Sloan (Jewish) and NBC Universal Chief Executive Jeff Zucker (mega-Jewish). If either of the Weinstein brothers had signed, this group would have not only the power to shut down all film production but to form a minyan with enough Fiji water on hand to fill a mikvah.

The person they were yelling at in that ad was SAG President Alan Rosenberg (take a guess). The scathing rebuttal to the ad was written by entertainment super-agent Ari Emanuel (Jew with Israeli parents) on the Huffington Post, which is owned by Arianna Huffington (not Jewish and has never worked in Hollywood.)

The Jews are so dominant, I had to scour the trades to come up with six Gentiles in high positions at entertainment companies. When I called them to talk about their incredible advancement, five of them refused to talk to me, apparently out of fear of insulting Jews. The sixth, AMC President Charlie Collier, turned out to be Jewish.

As a proud Jew, I want America to know about our accomplishment. Yes, we control Hollywood. Without us, you’d be flipping between “The 700 Club” and “Davey and Goliath” on TV all day.

So I’ve taken it upon myself to re-convince America that Jews run Hollywood by launching a public relations campaign, because that’s what we do best. I’m weighing several slogans, including: “Hollywood: More Jewish than ever!”; “Hollywood: From the people who brought you the Bible”; and “Hollywood: If you enjoy TV and movies, then you probably like Jews after all.”

I called ADL Chairman Abe Foxman, who was in Santiago, Chile, where, he told me to my dismay, he was not hunting Nazis. He dismissed my whole proposition, saying that the number of people who think Jews run Hollywood is still too high. The ADL poll, he pointed out, showed that 59% of Americans think Hollywood execs “do not share the religious and moral values of most Americans,” and 43% think the entertainment industry is waging an organized campaign to “weaken the influence of religious values in this country.”

That’s a sinister canard, Foxman said. “It means they think Jews meet at Canter’s Deli on Friday mornings to decide what’s best for the Jews.” Foxman’s argument made me rethink: I have to eat at Canter’s more often.

“That’s a very dangerous phrase, ‘Jews control Hollywood.’ What is true is that there are a lot of Jews in Hollywood,” he said. Instead of “control,” Foxman would prefer people say that many executives in the industry “happen to be Jewish,” as in “all eight major film studios are run by men who happen to be Jewish.”

But Foxman said he is proud of the accomplishments of American Jews. “I think Jews are disproportionately represented in the creative industry. They’re disproportionate as lawyers and probably medicine here as well,” he said. He argues that this does not mean that Jews make pro-Jewish movies any more than they do pro-Jewish surgery. Though other countries, I’ve noticed, aren’t so big on circumcision.

I appreciate Foxman’s concerns. And maybe my life spent in a New Jersey-New York/Bay Area-L.A. pro-Semitic cocoon has left me naive. But I don’t care if Americans think we’re running the news media, Hollywood, Wall Street or the government. I just care that we get to keep running them.

"Who Runs Hollywood? C'mon"
    https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-...n19-story.html

Related

"Who Runs Hollywood? Google Has An Answer, But It's Not A Good One"
    https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...er-antisemitic
    "Revealed: The Truth About Jewish Hollywood"
    https://www.thejc.com/lifestyle/feat...lywood-1.57429
    "Do Jews Run Hollywood - Or At Least The Emmys?"
    https://www.jta.org/2015/07/16/cultu...east-the-emmys

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

BMJ (22nd January 2020), Denise/Dizi (24th March 2020), justntime2learn (19th January 2020), Soda (20th January 2020), Valerie Villars (21st January 2020)

11. Link to Post #1146
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks

Planned Parenthood has gone to the movies. If you want to win favor in Washington, first you go to Hollywood. Just as the US Army, the Air Force, and the CIA have an Entertainment Liaison Office in the entertainment capitol, so too does the abortion provider.

In 2014, PP 'provided assistance' with the romance-comedy Obvious Child. Since then, Planned Parenthood has advised on over 150 movies and TV shows.

Described as "Planned Parenthood's secret weapon in Hollywood", Arts & Entertainment Director Caren Spruch works as a script doctor for screenwriters, incorporating storylines about abortion and birth control.

--

In 2015, the hidden cameras of Project Veritas caught PP directors discussing the income derived from the sale of baby parts while "avoiding the New York Times headlines".

Planned Parenthood sued filmmakers Sandra Merritt and David Daleiden for making the above series and won a $2.3 million dollar verdict in November '19. The first undercover journalists to be criminally prosecuted in California history have appealed the ruling.

Related

On abortion propaganda in the movies
    https://tiffanyfitzhenry.com/breakin...wood-projects/
    On the controversial film "Unplanned"
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1291231

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

BMJ (22nd January 2020), ClearWater (19th January 2020), edina (19th January 2020), justntime2learn (19th January 2020), mountain_jim (21st January 2020), Soda (20th January 2020), Valerie Villars (21st January 2020)

13. Link to Post #1147
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks

"I want a nice dinner, Bluegreen. No abortion, no Jews, and NO MICHAEL JACKSON! Hear?"
    "Yes Mom."

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

BMJ (22nd January 2020), Denise/Dizi (24th March 2020), edina (19th January 2020), Iloveyou (21st January 2020), justntime2learn (19th January 2020), Valerie Villars (21st January 2020)

15. Link to Post #1148
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks

Its All Fake Dept

Insiders say the Grammys fired its first-ever female boss in an attempt to silence her after she wrote a memo to the Board of Trustees alleging misconduct inside the organization, including dishonest voting, nominations for sale, sexual harassment, financial mismanagement and conflicts of interest.

Deborah Dugan took the helm of the Recording Academy just five months ago. But on Thursday, it announced that she’d been put on leave because of “a formal allegation of misconduct by a senior female staff member.”

It is said she got the boot after sending the memo to the Academy’s HR Department three weeks ago, saying “something was seriously amiss at the Academy.”

In another surprise, her attorney, Bryan Freedman, issued the following statement:

"Based upon credible and extremely disturbing information, Deborah Dugan now has 24-hour, round-the-clock security," adding that he had heard the threat himself.

Dugan filed a complaint with the Academy’s HR department in which she raised concerns about the institution, which is a tax exempt non-profit organization.

According to its 990 filings, which are publicly available, two independently contracted law firms were paid nearly $3 million for the fiscal year ending June 2018. An additional $3.7 million was listed in the form for 'unspecified legal fees'. By contrast, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences paid nothing to independently contracted law firms and $1.1 million in 'unspecified legal fees' for the same fiscal year. The extravagance of the Academy’s board is a thing of legend in Tinseltown, complete with all-expense-paid retreats to Hawaii and first-class airfare.

In an additional twist, Grammy Awards sponsor Champagne Billecart-Salmon has pulled out of the Jan. 26 show in solidarity with Ms Dugan, with whom they have had a previous relationship.

Sources:
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...lawyer-1270972
    https://pagesix.com/2020/01/17/gramm...he-sent-to-hr/

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

BMJ (22nd January 2020), ClearWater (19th January 2020), Denise/Dizi (24th March 2020), edina (19th January 2020), Ivanhoe (19th January 2020), justntime2learn (19th January 2020), mountain_jim (19th January 2020), Soda (20th January 2020), Valerie Villars (21st January 2020)

17. Link to Post #1149
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks

Just a friendly suggestion to make your life easier, Harv ...

Oh heck, why not?

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

BMJ (22nd January 2020), Denise/Dizi (24th March 2020), Earth Angel (27th January 2020), Ivanhoe (21st January 2020), justntime2learn (21st January 2020), pyrangello (24th January 2020), Valerie Villars (21st January 2020)

19. Link to Post #1150
    United States Avalon Member
    Language
    Zulu
    Thanks

While watching a Netflix show called Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner, I watched a famous individual say something that disturbed me, so I decided to record it and upload it to my humble YouTube page. In this show, this somewhat famous chef named David Chang goes to various locations with Hollywood types to explode the culture and food. In this episode, he meets up with John Legend’s wife, Chrissy Teigen, in Morocco. Anyhow, I originally titled the video “Q” for no reason other than it was the first letter on my keyboard. Oddly enough, the video upload cancelled itself, so I had to re-upload with a different title. Teigen casually talks about not minding eating humans. I understand the context and how it could be funny, but I don’t know anyone that would say something of the sort, much less with a smile on their face. Have a look.

Last edited by Siphonemis; 22nd January 2020 at 23:58. Reason: Updated link
    "Rage, rage against the dying of the light." -D. Thomas

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Siphonemis For This Post:

Bluegreen (23rd January 2020), BMJ (23rd January 2020), edina (23rd January 2020), Icare (15th March 2020), justntime2learn (23rd January 2020), mountain_jim (23rd January 2020), sunflower (23rd January 2020), Valerie Villars (23rd January 2020)

21. Link to Post #1151
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks

. . . . . . . . . .Chrissy Teigen: "I would eat a human!"

Chrissy certainly has some unusual cravings ... with or without onions??

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    Last edited by Bluegreen; 21st November 2020 at 03:32.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

BMJ (23rd January 2020), edina (23rd January 2020), Icare (8th April 2020), justntime2learn (23rd January 2020), mountain_jim (23rd January 2020), Siphonemis (23rd January 2020), Valerie Villars (23rd January 2020)

23. Link to Post #1152
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks

Its All Fake (Cont'd)

Well, that sure explains a lot ... of other years

Related
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/th...candal-1272073
    Last edited by Bluegreen; 11th July 2020 at 23:16.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

BMJ (24th January 2020), ClearWater (24th January 2020), Denise/Dizi (24th March 2020), Icare (8th April 2020), justntime2learn (23rd January 2020), mountain_jim (24th January 2020), Valerie Villars (24th January 2020)

25. Link to Post #1153
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,880 times in 2,121 posts

Remember when Jethro Tull beat Metallica for heavy metal album of the year?

I remember Ian Anderson saying that they do play some pretty mean mandolins now and again, lol...

Lars Urlich thanking Jethro Tull for not releasing an album, lol

A little comedic relief that Bluegreen so appreciates on this thread.
    Last edited by justntime2learn; 23rd January 2020 at 22:17. Reason: Added second video
    “To develop a complete mind: Study the art of science; study the science of art. Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else” – Leonardo Da Vinci

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

Bluegreen (23rd January 2020), BMJ (24th January 2020), ClearWater (24th January 2020), Denise/Dizi (24th March 2020), Ivanhoe (23rd January 2020), mountain_jim (24th January 2020), Valerie Villars (24th January 2020)

27. Link to Post #1154
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks

Thx Justntime you're right ... but, ah ...

Not sure if that Grammy Award was funny or sad

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

BMJ (24th January 2020), Denise/Dizi (24th March 2020), justntime2learn (24th January 2020), Valerie Villars (24th January 2020)

29. Link to Post #1155
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,880 times in 2,121 posts

Thx Justntime you're right ... but, ah ...

Not sure if that Grammy Award was funny or sad

I'm not sure either because it was heart-wrenching for many when Metallica lost to Jethro Tull.

After winning in 1991, I think Lars saves it with wit and comedy as he points to the farce with laughter. For some people it's baby steps prior to opening their eyes, like me.

It's likely your saying something I haven't caught on to yet that others are noticing, Bluegreen. I notice those things things too in daily interactions on PA.

Much Love, Brother
    Last edited by justntime2learn; 24th January 2020 at 00:44. Reason: Clarification
    “To develop a complete mind: Study the art of science; study the science of art. Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else” – Leonardo Da Vinci

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

Bluegreen (24th January 2020), BMJ (24th January 2020), Valerie Villars (24th January 2020)

31. Link to Post #1156
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks

Ex-Witch Warns About New Disney Show:

"It’s Not a Joke … That Realm Is Very Real"

A new Disney cartoon teaches kids how to channel demons and become witches. Its called The Owl House and premiered earlier this month on the Disney Channel. The show portrays witchcraft as a positive tool to fight evil.

Some say there’s nothing to worry about when it comes to a children’s show, arguing that it’s just make-believe. Step by incremental step, Disney has gone further and further into the dark side of the spiritual world, coming up with programming and characters that lead the vulnerable into the world of witchcraft and deception. (Remember Selena Gomez and The Wizards of Waverly Place? Bette Midler's Hocus Pocus? How about Escape To Witch Mountain?)

But one former witch, Jenny Weaver, said that parents need to be very careful about what their children watch.

Meryl Streep. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Jenny Weaver

“I actually watched a movie that was very popular when I was in high school and it was called The Craft,” said Ms Weaver. “The movie was about four high school witches that had all of this power, that had all of this control. It took a demonic hold on my life that caused me to open doors to witchcraft and practicing spells and incantations and studying the religion of Wiccan,” she said. She has described the ensuing years in frightening terms as filled with sex, drugs, and demonology.

Weaver turned to Christianity, and today ministers to thousands via Facebook through her ministry, JennyWeaverWorships.com

http://www.faithwire.com/2020/01/22/...tm_source=FWNL
    Last edited by Bluegreen; 24th January 2020 at 02:19.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

BMJ (24th January 2020), ClearWater (24th January 2020), justntime2learn (27th January 2020), mountain_jim (24th January 2020), Siphonemis (24th January 2020), Valerie Villars (29th January 2020)

33. Link to Post #1157
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks

"Hi kids ... Come on-a my house!"

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

BMJ (24th January 2020), justntime2learn (27th January 2020), Valerie Villars (24th January 2020)

35. Link to Post #1158
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks

Know your narrative controllers

The following is an edited interview with the creators and executives behind the Showtime series Homeland, a hit in Hollywood and Washington DC. It illustrates just how deeply involved the CIA, Pentagon, and Mossad are in using Hollywood to promote and promulgate war. Interviewees include Dana Walden, Alex Gansa, Rick Rosen, Gary Levine, David Nevins, Howard Gordon, Lesli Glatter, and former CIA officer John McGaffin.

WALDEN: People in the highest levels of government, of entertainment, of business in general, were calling. Within a two-week period, the Obama administration and Secretary Clinton's office called for early cuts of Homeland.

ROSEN: I was at some ridiculous dinner where Obama goes from table to table, and his aide is whispering in his ear who everyone is. When he gets to me, Obama looks at me and goes, "You're involved in Homeland? On Saturdays, Michelle goes to play tennis with the girls and I tell her I'm going down to the office to work. What I'm really doing is watching Homeland DVDs."

LEVINE: A meeting was arranged between the cast, the network and the CIA at Langley. They confiscated our cellphones, and our whole team is just sitting there across from maybe 50 CIA agents.

NEVINS: John Brennan, who was running the CIA at the time, came out in the middle and says, "I don't know what your show is, but I know it matters to my people. Do you want to see (my) office?"

GANSA: They talked about how similar our professions were — it's a lot of acting, storytelling and feigned intimacy. There was a lot happening behind the scenes that I'm not at liberty to share. We were always very interested in what was being said and discussed in the halls of power in Washington, not just at the CIA but the White House, the State Department and in the Washington Post press room. That began to inform us more after season three.

MCGAFFIN: The show was greatly popular with intelligence officials, and they became increasingly eager to help us. So I made arrangements with the City Tavern Club, one of the oldest private clubs in Georgetown that a lot of former CIA people frequent, that we would take over the top floor for a week.

GANSA: The day would start at 8 a.m., and it would often end after 10 p.m. It was this old place with rickety chairs and the same food all the time.

GORDON: Oh God, it's so disgusting … soggy. But the level of people you would not believe — and they'd come for two hours, two intense hours.

MCGAFFIN: Former CIA people, ambassadors, ex-military, journalists, intelligence officers of all kinds would sit down with the writers (and actors). Every source who came in, I told them they were there to answer this question: "What are the national security issues likely to bite the security establishment in the ass over the coming year?"

GANSA: The first thing we got was a litany of everything we got wrong: "We don't talk on our cellphones. We don't operate on American soil. Carrie would have to take blood tests, so the medication would come up."

GLATTER: We had Gen. Michael Hayden, the guy in the Iraq War doing rendition, black sites and enhanced torture techniques — so, to me, he was the devil — booked back-to-back with Dana Priest, who won the Pulitzer Prize for writing the book that exposed rendition, black sites and enhanced torture techniques.

MCGAFFIN: We arranged a Skype call once with two senior Mossad officers in Tel Aviv and had a long discussion about spy work with Iranians.

GLATTER: And any time we had a new actor who played a spy, Alex and I talked to them about what it means to be a spy. We had this one guy, and we're going on and on, and he interrupts and says, "I'm so sorry, I really need to stop you. I was in Mossad."

GANSA: Bart Gellman, the Pulitzer Prize winner who wrote the Cheney book (Angler: The Cheney Vice Presidency), told me he was going to bring a guest. He shows up with his laptop, sets it up, dials a number or whatever, and the next thing we know, we're talking to Ed Snowden in Moscow. Very odd guy. But this is before he was doing any talking to anybody.

MCGAFFIN: I didn't want to be identified, so I kept sliding Alex notes. I had him say, "There's a senior intelligence officer here, and he thinks he knows what's going to happen to you." Snowden is all, "What do you mean?" And I made Alex say, "Sooner or later, when they've gotten everything out of you, Putin is going to have you killed and make it look like the Americans did it." I hope he didn't sleep for weeks.

GANSA: When Trump was elected, all of a sudden we didn't have to bring these people in through separate entrances. The press and the "deep state," if you want to call it that, were both really freaked out by this president.

GLATTER: Our advisers said that every president-elect who comes in for their first intelligence briefing leaves overwhelmed by the enormity of the task. They thought they understood what was going on in the world, but when they're told what's happening on a classified level, they realize how big the job is. That did not happen with Trump.

GANSA: One thing that we learned is that you keep American foreign policy consistent from one administration to the next. The worst thing you can do is to backtrack, like to say no to the Climate Change Agreement or the Iran treaty. That is anathema for the intelligence community because it rocks the boat.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/fe...nowden-1269957
    Last edited by Bluegreen; 27th January 2020 at 20:06.

36. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

Axman (31st January 2020), BMJ (4th February 2020), Caliban (27th January 2020), ClearWater (27th January 2020), Craig (28th January 2020), edina (27th January 2020), justntime2learn (27th January 2020), mountain_jim (27th January 2020), muxfolder (27th January 2020), Soda (28th January 2020), Valerie Villars (29th January 2020)

37. Link to Post #1159
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks

Jason Lee finds the OscarsSoWhite, the EmmysSoWhite, and the GrammysSoWhite to be problematic

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

BMJ (4th February 2020), justntime2learn (1st February 2020), Valerie Villars (31st January 2020)

39. Link to Post #1160
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks

No comment

(2:38)

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

BMJ (4th February 2020), Earth Angel (1st February 2020), justntime2learn (3rd February 2020), Valerie Villars (2nd February 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 101 FirstFirst 1 8 48 58 68 101 LastLast