Thread: When men were men & women were feminine

1. Link to Post #201
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,486 times in 1,711 posts

Default Re: When men were men & women were feminine

Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    I think it is the man that brings out the female in a woman. And the woman who brings out the male in a man.

Bull**** posturing quickly melts away when one meets the other.
    Hey Ernie,
    That's a great observation. Wish I had said that.
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th September 2020), Ernie Nemeth (13th September 2020), Franny (21st September 2020), Gwin Ru (14th September 2020), Harmony (12th September 2020), Mark (Star Mariner) (12th September 2020), Mike (29th December 2020), Valerie Villars (19th September 2020)

3. Link to Post #202
    United States Moderator Karen (Geophyz)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,882 times in 612 posts

I don't want attention. For as long as I can remember I wanted to be a scientist. I had a neighbor who let me read their National Geographic. I dreamed of traveling to exotic places and of being a scientist. I went to college at a time when women did not enter the field of Geophysics, but I did. I had professors tell me I needed to go home and have and tend to children. As a result I studied harder, graduated the top of my class and went on to graduate school. I became the best female Geophysicist in the business. I did not do it for attention, I did it for my need of knowledge and understanding of the physical world. I never wanted to be considered any man's equal, because I generally think far above them. Eventually I won the respect from the men I worked with. I am still a "traditional feminine female".

Why can people not accept that women like men can be traditional and strong. Educated but still caring. No one should be branded into a "role". All people should simply follow their passions.
    "If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.” William Blake

4. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Karen (Geophyz) For This Post:

Alan (14th September 2020), Anka (19th September 2020), atman (19th September 2020), Bill Ryan (11th September 2020), Bluegreen (12th September 2020), Dorjezigzag (12th September 2020), Ernie Nemeth (12th September 2020), Ewan (13th September 2020), Franny (21st September 2020), gord (19th September 2020), Gwin Ru (14th September 2020), Harmony (12th September 2020), Ivanhoe (12th September 2020), Johan (Keyholder) (20th September 2020), Kryztian (13th February 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (12th September 2020), Mike (29th December 2020), naochan (14th September 2020), Sadieblue (14th September 2020), Sarah Rainsong (12th September 2020), Valerie Villars (19th September 2020)

5. Link to Post #203
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,140 times in 1,005 posts

In a recent BQH hypnosis session my client saw that he held the male warrior archetype at his core. In the expanded state he could see how this affected his reality. He said it was like a filter that through which his energy flowed out into the world. Having the warrior there meant that he created a reality that was focused on battles.

He declared that it was time for the warrior to retire. I asked what the warrior would become if he retired from creating and engaging in battle. The teacher, the healer and the architect was his answer.

6. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to enfoldedblue For This Post:

Anka (12th September 2020), Bill Ryan (12th September 2020), Chris Gilbert (19th September 2020), Ernie Nemeth (13th September 2020), Ewan (13th September 2020), Franny (21st September 2020), greybeard (15th September 2020), Gwin Ru (14th September 2020), Harmony (12th September 2020), Kryztian (13th February 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (12th September 2020), Mike (29th December 2020), Sarah Rainsong (12th September 2020), thepainterdoug (12th September 2020), Valerie Villars (19th September 2020), Wind (12th September 2020)

7. Link to Post #204
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,529 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by Geophyz (here)
    I don't want attention. For as long as I can remember I wanted to be a scientist. I had a neighbor who let me read their National Geographic. I dreamed of traveling to exotic places and of being a scientist. I went to college at a time when women did not enter the field of Geophysics, but I did. I had professors tell me I needed to go home and have and tend to children. As a result I studied harder, graduated the top of my class and went on to graduate school. I became the best female Geophysicist in the business. I did not do it for attention, I did it for my need of knowledge and understanding of the physical world. I never wanted to be considered any man's equal, because I generally think far above them. Eventually I won the respect from the men I worked with. I am still a "traditional feminine female".

Why can people not accept that women like men can be traditional and strong. Educated but still caring. No one should be branded into a "role". All people should simply follow their passions.
    Amen to that!

I'd like to draw attention to this video, which is an anonymous whistleblowing report by a woman working at Sandia Labs. The long email is read aloud and shown onscreen, but @Geophyz, you may find this as riveting as I did. It made me extremely angry, something which is quite rare.

This stuff is poison. It's how "Affirmative Action" (e.g. promoting minorities or women to positions in organizations because of their color or gender and not because of ability), is demeaning, undermining, and itself offensively prejudiced.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Anka (19th September 2020), atman (19th September 2020), Ba-ba-Ra (19th September 2020), Ernie Nemeth (21st September 2020), Harmony (20th September 2020), Icare (20th September 2020), Mike (29th December 2020), Sue (Ayt) (20th September 2020), Vicus (23rd July 2021), Yoda (22nd September 2020)

9. Link to Post #205
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

We are born equal with different abilities but it is up to us to find what we excel at and to develop latent ability.
    Any modern equivalent of jobs for the boys is not productive, there is no such thing as a free lunch.
    I was brought up on a rewards for effort system and while that too has flaws --its not dependent on anything other than your work ethic.
    Your gender should not make the slightest difference.
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Anka (28th December 2020), Ernie Nemeth (21st September 2020), Mike (29th December 2020)

11. Link to Post #206
    Language
    English
    Thanks

I am incensed! You are correct that this is POISON! Women and minorities have worked hard to be promoted and treated with respect because they capable and educated and excellent at their jobs. This is setting all these advances backward. This culture is not good and is not helping anyone or any problems we have in this country.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 21st September 2020 at 17:21. Reason: re-timestamped the much-appreciated post
    "If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.” William Blake

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Karen (Geophyz) For This Post:

Anka (28th December 2020), Bill Ryan (21st September 2020), Ernie Nemeth (21st September 2020), gord (21st September 2020), greybeard (21st September 2020), Mike (29th December 2020), Vicus (23rd July 2021)

13. Link to Post #207
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

I am also outraged but not at all surprised because that is where this sort of minority/counter-racism must end up.

It is insanity to consider minority representation as a priority for anything other than a photo-op, and even there it is often reprehensible.

I am sure many have had run ins with this sort of ideology, it is not uncommon.

This is globalist think, and it is only the introductory phase where the controllers advocate an agenda that reduces the populace and its institutions to the least common denominator, thereby diluting the capacity of the system to respond with alacrity and purpose. The controllers care not a whit about minority representation, but it is a great divisive strategy.

There is absolutely no way, not one chance in a billion, no matter the cost, that I would ever apologize for my whiteness or for my fellow majority of white citizens. But then again I think for myself, always have.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Anka (28th December 2020), Bill Ryan (21st September 2020), gord (22nd September 2020), greybeard (21st September 2020), Karen (Geophyz) (29th December 2020), Mike (29th December 2020), Vicus (23rd July 2021)

15. Link to Post #208
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,443 times in 1,007 posts

It is a far too broad subject, but I think against all the research investigated by leading paleontologists, ethnologists, psychologists, neurosciences and biologists, and against today's confusion over behavior, between equal and identical, the supremacy of today's social form seems to lead wrongly but successfully.
    We all know that we are not identical, and no one can deny biological inheritance, and apart from all currents of feminism, relationships, family, education of future generations, gender or other wrongly mentioned developed terms "cultures", no matter, we are still human beings.

Once upon a time women and men lived and worked in harmony, survival was more difficult but relationships were simpler.
    -the man ventures daily in a hunt, in seemingly hostile conditions, risking everything to bring food to the woman and children, defending his family from enemies.
    He did not then, have to "analyze the relationship" or take out the trash and help spread the sheets on the bed
    -the woman's tasks were just as clear, her successes were measured in relation to the responsibilities of maintaining an orderly and normal family life, then each appreciated the other's efforts.

As my own experience, I always understood very well the human side of each party.
    I worked in a team with 13 "men" in a multinational company and I understood how fascinating is the basis of their philosophy of life, not complex, just very sincere short and to the point.
    For example, one of them said to me, "God ... I'm crazy about beautiful women!"
    And I told him that what is beautiful even God likes! I am a woman and I can say out loud that even I, like beautiful women! I usually look at their smile and the sincere gleam in their eyes. Why can't I love beauty? And I even saw extremely beautiful women in the world, with smiles so clear and real that I would have smiled too, just looking at them
    I am talking about purely genuine beauty in the gentleness of goodness that can be felt more in the aspect of beauty.

A friend said, "Hey, I ordered a glass of water when I was on a plane with a flight attendant, and she looked at me as if I'd ordered this for her. So I reformulated with the necessary intonation of the voice, that I would like a glass of water because I'm really thirsty, inducing the feeling in my voice that I know the fact is... this is her choice in life and not her profession to bring me a glass of water ... ".. In what a world we live in ... and it's still very seriously comic.

Under the pretext of the uncertainty of the role of men and the place of women in society, there are billions of differences and similarities, the difference in values ​​between women and men increases in terms of ego forming new uncertain horizons, among reasons, mistakes, labels and reinterpretations, and in the current version,
    ...if we ask ourselves why men watch football and women in the mirror, I think there are quite a few extremes for one truth, that regardless of social conditioning if women are women or men are men, we are from the same core
    An extreme (for me) that comes to my mind now, not necessarily as an example of something, it's just that:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albanian_sworn_virgins

otherwise ... I'm just a girl

And all this to be just human.

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Anka For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th December 2020), Chris Gilbert (28th December 2020), Franny (28th December 2020), greybeard (28th December 2020), Harmony (23rd July 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (29th December 2020), Mike (29th December 2020), Strat (28th December 2020), Sue (Ayt) (29th December 2020), Wind (29th December 2020)

17. Link to Post #209
    France Avalon Member Lunesoleil's Avatar
    Language
    uses a translator
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,300 times in 1,185 posts

Arrow Re: When men were men & women were feminine

Don't know if the English version has already been shared in this discussion ?, I know its French version

👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨 💕 🎭 🍹🍸🌞🌝 👕👗

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lunesoleil For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd July 2021), Franny (23rd July 2021), Harmony (23rd July 2021)

19. Link to Post #210
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,978 times in 1,342 posts

Now they're coming after Gandalf, why can't they leave classic tales alone? As if Galadriel is not a force to be reckoned with...

Gary Buechler makes some good points here and as a woman I say that they should leave LOTR alone, and let it stand as the classic of literature that it is.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Brigantia For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd July 2021), greybeard (13th February 2021), Harmony (23rd July 2021), Mark (Star Mariner) (14th February 2021), Vicus (23rd July 2021)

21. Link to Post #211
    Language
    Spanish
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,274 times in 1,654 posts

Quote Posted by Brigantia (here)
    Now they're coming after Gandalf, why can't they leave classic tales alone? As if Galadriel is not a force to be reckoned with...

Gary Buechler makes some good points here and as a woman I say that they should leave LOTR alone, and let it stand as the classic of literature that it is.

they want a female James Bond too...don't worry, daughter of Bond producer(Broccoli) say: no way.

I wonder why women can´t create her own version heroines and villains...
    I only can recall Frankenstein (a monster man, hum..) from Mary Shelby.
    Power hungry fourth wave Feminismus (feminazis) just want owner every male endeavor just per se.
    If we are equal in everything...(we are not, and certain not in front justice...)
    for starters ;females are like OS Windows and males like OS Linux.
    our interface is sex.
    Where is female imagination?

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vicus For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd July 2021), Brigantia (23rd July 2021), greybeard (23rd July 2021), Harmony (23rd July 2021)

23. Link to Post #212
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,828 times in 3,335 posts

Last edited by Mashika; 16th October 2021 at 00:57.

24. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd July 2021), Billy Vasiliadis (23rd July 2021), Dorjezigzag (5th August 2021), Ewan (23rd July 2021), gini (28th July 2021), Gracy (23rd July 2021), greybeard (23rd July 2021), Harmony (23rd July 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (23rd July 2021), loungelizard (23rd July 2021), mokosh (24th July 2021), Pam (23rd July 2021), Peace in Oz (24th July 2021), rgray222 (23rd July 2021), thepainterdoug (23rd July 2021), Tintin (30th July 2021), Wind (23rd July 2021)

25. Link to Post #213
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

While I know this doesn't probably count for much, I'm really very sorry to hear about what happened to you Mashika

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Billy Vasiliadis For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th July 2021), Ewan (23rd July 2021), greybeard (23rd July 2021), Harmony (23rd July 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (23rd July 2021), Mashika (23rd July 2021), Tintin (30th July 2021), Vicus (23rd July 2021), Wind (23rd July 2021)

27. Link to Post #214
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,952 times in 2,389 posts

Quote Posted by Mashika (here)
    Let me tell you a bit of a story about that stuff

Back when i was 8 or so, i was on catholic school. One day, because i liked basketball very much, i went to school very early to practice, while no one was around. The retarded idiot who was on charge of cleaning met me at the courtyard, and he talked to me for a while and even played with me for a bit. Then, when no one was around, he pushed me to the garden and pulled my shorts off, and tried to rape me, but a nun saw it and ran and stopped him. That one thing, turned me into something else, i thought "if i was a boy" this would have never happened to me, and it remained on my head for years. So i turned into " a boy", violent and disrespectful and strong and unable to feel compassion for weak people among lots of other things. I was destroyed and separated from what you think being "feminine" is, totally

I grew to hate most people, everyone always looks for something they can get out of you. So why can't woman be "feminine"? who knows! Maybe something happened that caused them to not be up to the "feminism" standard everyone expects

But i do know one thing, if a guy, or some other woman, tries to take advantage of me, their head will travel space faster than the speed of light, and then land on my fist

So yeah, i'm sorry women are not feminine enough these days.. *It's not required to fulfill* a womannes requirement, Lots of girls go through that abuse without ever saying anything, then become violent later on, or go into drugs, so excuse me but "When men were men & women were feminine" it only reminds me of some fat assole taking my shorts off, touching my breast and trying to insert his p*enis on me, when i was 8 years old. I can still feel his dirty hands and breath all over me. So f*ck that idea that idealizes gender behaviors

I went home and went into my mom's room, and picked up a gun, and thought "i'm going to shoot him tomorrow", i was in bestial mode, i could not care less about life or anything, i felt rapped and hurt badly, and stupid for thinking i was safe. I thought "if i was a boy, this would have not happened" over and over and eventually i did became just like that, and people feared me, and avoided me, and i eat it all up because i was unable to talk to anyone at home, i was on my own.

Quote The women made the house a home.
    Men provided the finance as best they could and fixed things.
    Men took of their hats as a salute to women --got up of their seats--opened doors.
    So for me, that stuff means nothing at all

I took it to myself to never be seen weak or "feminine" or whatever that means, and it was all done as i wished, far more beyond that anyone thought it could go. And that's why i'm the way i am. So yeah, women do not belong to any category, neither do man, let everyone be whatever they want to be, i could not care less about social standards around what a gender must be. Boys are afraid of me after they understand they won't be able to lead a life, but instead will be following behind.. lol

I have broken so many hearts, it makes me laugh, not because i enjoy, but because they come with expectations that even after i tell them i can't fulfill, they still almost demand to be given a chance, and once they find out who i am, they retreat in ridiculous ways. It could almost be said they become "feminine" at that point lmao! Unable to stand against me, feeling afraid of losing it and becoming the weak one on the relationship, so they run away soon after, and never call back.

To me, that's amusing, since i barely interested anyways, but to them it's like the end of the world. I'm a monster lol, but yeah i never do this on purpose, they get damaged on their own, because i always say "i won't be able to be what you want or wish" and they all think they can change me
    I'm sorry that happened to you Mashika, truly.

At the risk of meeting your fist at the speed of light, You are treating everyone you meet in this world as if they were that man - I think you already know this deep down.

Please forgive me.
    Last edited by Ewan; 23rd July 2021 at 16:58. Reason: spelling error

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th July 2021), greybeard (23rd July 2021), Harmony (23rd July 2021), Karen (Geophyz) (23rd July 2021), Mashika (23rd July 2021), Tintin (30th July 2021), Vicus (23rd July 2021), Wind (23rd July 2021)

29. Link to Post #215
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Gosh Mashika, I am so sorry that happened to you. One day I hope you are able to let go of the anger for that one horrid person who entered your life. Then you will be able to open your heart to a man who will truly love you and you will be able to love. Now it may seem that all men are evil but they are not and the right man will NOT want to change you.

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Karen (Geophyz) For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th July 2021), Ewan (23rd July 2021), greybeard (23rd July 2021), Harmony (23rd July 2021), Mashika (23rd July 2021), Tintin (30th July 2021), Vicus (23rd July 2021), Wind (23rd July 2021)

31. Link to Post #216
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

I'm truly sorry i became upset like that, i always promise myself it won't happen again but it always does at some point

I understand not everyone is the same, but i guess what i can say as far as why things are different today, is that after years of constant abuse or living in a society where every guy is just trying to take advantage in one way or another, people tend to become like that, more self reliant and less interested in a relationship or life like previous generations had

Most of my friends have gone through some form of abuse in their lives, i have heard terrible stories of abuse by uncles, cousins and so on. The perception of depending on someone else is not much valid these days, people distrust and feel you can only trust or rely on yourself, so we may be more independent and removed that part of "guys work and girls stay home"

I want to be with someone who can be equal, and not someone who tells me how or what to do. It actually bothers me when someone tries to tell me how to be or what to change, as if i have to fit his views or needs. If the person finds me inadequate as i am, then why try in the first place? It just makes me feel they face and body is all they needed, and they want to throw away the rest and replace it with something they value more than my actual personality
    Tired

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th July 2021), Billy Vasiliadis (23rd July 2021), Ewan (24th July 2021), greybeard (28th July 2021), Tintin (30th July 2021), Wind (23rd July 2021)

33. Link to Post #217
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

I see nothing wrong with wanting a relationship where you are seen as an intellectual and spiritual equal Mashika.  In fact, I would argue settling for anything less is a recipe for relationship breakdown and heartache.

Tying this back to the main topic, I can see why some would be irritated with the idea of traditional gender roles, especially if they have been on the receiving end of abuse or ill-treatment within such a system.  I have experienced and seen it myself. I'm sure most everyone has.  Seeking to remove such constraints so that individuals can live authentic lives is a worthy thing to do imo.  Freedom is vital for health and happiness.

Yet, I also understand some of the pushback.  I don't think traditions are all bad or that we should dispense with all of it as though it were some experiment gone awry with nothing redeeming.  My sense is that the male female polarity is something sacred and powerful, something worth preserving.  You see this polarity throughout nature.  That to me suggests there is something of significance in it.  Deleting all of that, or saying that these things are simply constructs that can be redefined at will, just doesn't sit right with me.

Men and women are clearly equals, but I don't think they are identical.  Instead of framing them as opposites, perhaps we can see them as complements?  The same way peanut butter and jam, or hot chocolate and a winter night, complement each other.  They are better together.

Is there a happy middle ground where we can honour the male female polarity, while also allowing people the freedom to be their unique selves?

I have thought for a little while now that the best is yet to come for male female relationships.  The flowering is yet to have happened, except for perhaps in isolated instances. How do we get there as a species? Need it be this hard?

Yes, what I have written is probably an oversimplification and leaves out a great deal.  This is definitely something I want to understand in greater depth.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Billy Vasiliadis For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th July 2021), Ewan (27th July 2021), greybeard (28th July 2021), Mashika (24th July 2021), Mike (5th August 2021), Wind (24th July 2021)

35. Link to Post #218
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Billy Vasiliadis (here)
    I see nothing wrong with wanting a relationship where you are seen as an intellectual and spiritual equal Mashika.  In fact, I would argue settling for anything less is a recipe for relationship breakdown and heartache.

Tying this back to the main topic, I can see why some would be irritated with the idea of traditional gender roles, especially if they have been on the receiving end of abuse or ill-treatment within such a system.  I have experienced and seen it myself. I'm sure most everyone has.  Seeking to remove such constraints so that individuals can live authentic lives is a worthy thing to do imo.  Freedom is vital for health and happiness.

Yet, I also understand some of the pushback.  I don't think traditions are all bad or that we should dispense with all of it as though it were some experiment gone awry with nothing redeeming.  My sense is that the male female polarity is something sacred and powerful, something worth preserving.  You see this polarity throughout nature.  That to me suggests there is something of significance in it.  Deleting all of that, or saying that these things are simply constructs that can be redefined at will, just doesn't sit right with me.

Men and women are clearly equals, but I don't think they are identical.  Instead of framing them as opposites, perhaps we can see them as complements?  The same way peanut butter and jam, or hot chocolate and a winter night, complement each other.  They are better together.

Is there a happy middle ground where we can honour the male female polarity, while also allowing people the freedom to be their unique selves?

I have thought for a little while now that the best is yet to come for male female relationships.  The flowering is yet to have happened, except for perhaps in isolated instances. How do we get there as a species? Need it be this hard?

Yes, what I have written is probably an oversimplification and leaves out a great deal.  This is definitely something I want to understand in greater depth.
    I think one of the problems is this, right since childhood we are told a set of rules about how to protect ourselves, like :

- Don't talk to strangers
    - Don't accept help from strangers
    - If someone gets too close, move away from that person
    - Be full alert while on the street
    - If someone is around for a long while, and looking at you, be alert if they try to suddenly approach

And plenty others, so for example if i'm standing there and some guy suddenly comes and tries to talk to me, i feel alert and don't immediately reply, if i go shopping and someone offers to help me carry my bags back to my car, i suspect they may be trying to still them from me. If someone offers to go with me or a ride home, i decline, i don't want to show on the news or in a missing person list. If i'm at at the movies waiting for a friend and some guy is around constantly looking at me, i don't think "he likes me", i think first "i'm being watched, could be someone suspicious"

There are things that happen all the time, for example if you are standing there waiting for someone, and some random guy comes close and ask if you have the time, the last thing you must do is take out your cell phone to check, because it will get stolen. If you go to a bar and have some drinks, the last thing you must do is accept a ride from someone who was at the bar but not originally with you

Plenty of stuff like that. We are always told to be independent, to be self sufficient and to be in control of any situation, that makes it very hard for a man to be 'the man' on the relationship, as it used to be years ago

Another thing i noticed is that lots of guys don't like girls that earn more than them, and i can see that in the way i was invited on dates when i was in school, and i would show up on my own car and it was a better car than they had, i could immediately sense they were a bit embarrassed i was doing better. Or if we went to get dinner and i wanted some wine and got an expensive one, and i always pay for my own stuff so they felt i was unreachable, they had to pay for both of us, as it's the custom, but i really did not mind going to eat somewhere else, and not to the very expensive place they could not really afford, trying to impress me and finding out they could not pay was an humiliation somehow.

"The man has to provide" is that part, but i just don't see how that can work, it means i have to look for someone with more status than me, so things work the classic way? I would rather go eat tacos on a stand on any street corner and spend 10 dollars, than go to a very expensive restaurant just because they want to impress and then feel them die inside when the check is for 200 dollars and they can't afford it and i have to lend them money. All their pride gone in 5 minutes, just because wanting to follow traditional roles?

I don't get it, but i guess we live on different worlds now
    Tired

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th July 2021), Billy Vasiliadis (29th July 2021), Ewan (2nd August 2021), greybeard (28th July 2021), Mike (5th August 2021), Tintin (30th July 2021)

37. Link to Post #219
    On Sabbatical
    Language
    None
    Thanks

One of the best vacations i have ever had, was going to the beach with a friend who used to sell stuff on the street to pay for school. He knew i was doing great but he never cared or tried to show off or anything like feeling 'less', he simply said, "let's go to the beach", and had backpacks and went by bus, then slept on the beach, and eat on cheap places, and walked to other places instead of taking a taxi, we each paid for our own stuff and spent very little. There was nothing but good times even while sleeping on the beach, with a thousand mosquitoes zooming all over the place.

And we were just equal, no enforced roles or anything like that, then we went back on bus and the last part of the trip we walked and asked for a ride, and got back into the city on the back of a truck. Not because we could not pay for the bus, but because we just thought about doing that at the last moment.

What a great time, no roles played or anything, just have fun and go through life doing whatever you want and can. I wish it was more like that but most times other people always try to take control or be on top, and they can't handle it otherwise

Last edited by Mashika; 28th July 2021 at 16:07.
    Tired

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mashika For This Post:

Billy Vasiliadis (29th July 2021), Ewan (2nd August 2021), Gracy (5th August 2021), greybeard (28th July 2021), Mike (5th August 2021), Tintin (30th July 2021), Wind (28th July 2021)

39. Link to Post #220
    Language
    Spanish
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,274 times in 1,654 posts

Quote Posted by Billy Vasiliadis (here)

"I have thought for a little while now that the best is yet to come for male female relationships. The flowering is yet to have happened, except for perhaps in isolated instances. How do we get there as a species? Need it be this hard?"

meanwhile, from horse mouth...:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_5quJu_QcE

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vicus For This Post:

greybeard (5th August 2021), Mike (5th August 2021)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst 1 11 18 LastLast