+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Road Diet" the Trend of Reducing Lanes

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,098 times in 2,584 posts

Default "Road Diet" the Trend of Reducing Lanes

I thought it was sort of weird to reduce lanes from 4 lanes to two lanes and make traffic unnecessarily congested. First they did it in one small town, then they did it in another small town (same highway), now they are doing it in the town in between those towns so that a long stretch of road is being narrowed. It's also strange that they did it one chunk at a time over several years.

They're doing it right now near where I live.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	1.86 MB
ID:	38653

So, when I heard this guy mention it (as he gives these people the what for) at a meeting, I started to look up the phenomenon and discovered it's happening in many places -- and they call it "road diet"!

Speech to Shadow Government SCAG at a Public Hearing
    SCAG - Southern California Association of Governments
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4TzsKoL7ODI

Original Article: Need to Know News
    https://needtoknow.news/2018/08/ca-c...-sci-fi-movie/

"Take a lane off each side of the road on a busy street."
    @5:15
    Regional Transportation Plan

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 756
Size:  21.6 KB

"How Do Reduced Lanes Affect Busy Streets?"
    http://www.durangogov.org/DocumentCenter/View/8551

Silver Lake's 'Rowena Road Diet' Creating Unnecessary Traffic Headaches?
    http://abc7.com/news/rowena-road-die...aches/1010975/

Seattle Road Diet
    https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...ing-on-a-diet/

Residents Want Lanes Restored
    https://argonautnews.com/road-diet-o...n-wont-relent/

Portland Road Diet
    https://bikeportland.org/2013/02/19/...division-83070

As I was reading bits from "Behind the Green Mask" exposing Agenda 21 by Rosa Koire, she mentioned how all these different governmental departments were taking part, including the transportation department. She mentioned that they want us out of our cars and riding our bikes, but why?

I love riding my bike, but not in bad weather or for long distances. Oh! Maybe because in Smart Cities they want us contained in small areas. (?)

This is early in my research about this, but I'm researching a broad spectrum of topics and seeing how they are all connected.

Has anyone else been witnessing these "road diets"?

Thank you for your input.
    MM
    Last edited by Michelle Marie; 5th August 2018 at 04:47.
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Apulu (5th August 2018), Arcturian108 (6th August 2018), astridmari (7th August 2018), BMJ (7th August 2018), Cardillac (5th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (5th August 2018), Franny (5th August 2018), gaiagirl (5th August 2018), Jayke (5th August 2018), Joe from the Carolinas (7th August 2018), Kate (7th August 2018), Mercedes (5th August 2018), Mike (5th August 2018), Noelle (5th August 2018), norman (5th August 2018), Retief (7th August 2018), Sunny-side-up (5th August 2018), toppy (5th August 2018), Zanshin (6th August 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: "Road Diet" the Trend of Reducing Lanes

Quote Posted by A Voice from the Mountains (here)
    Quote Posted by Michelle Marie (here)
    So, I went down that rabbit hole. Low and behold, it's part of the cabal's agenda. There's a name for it: "road diet". It's happening in many places.
    There's been a push for a long time to restrict our freedom of movement as Americans.

Dropping lanes will obviously lead to greater congestion. Then they'll say "there are too many people and not enough room on the roads for everyone to have a car. You'll have to use public transportation from now on." You get the idea.

The fact that we have the privilege of being able to hop in our personal vehicles and travel freely all over the continent is apparently problematic for these people.
    Relevant to this thread.

And my answer was...yes, and now we get stuck behind the buses/public transportation!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	38657

MM
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Arcturian108 (6th August 2018), BMJ (7th August 2018), Cardillac (5th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (5th August 2018), Noelle (5th August 2018), toppy (5th August 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,123 times in 3,951 posts

Well they got to add to the stress levels somehow o,0

Modernising busy high streets here in UK, well here in south west London, they have reduced 8 inch curbs down to 1 inch?
    so now cars, vans, lorries can come across the curbs without any resistance.
    These paths are very busy paths.
    The only reasons for this that I can see are:
    Looks modern?
    or
    To cause accidents?
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Arcturian108 (6th August 2018), astridmari (7th August 2018), BMJ (7th August 2018), Cardillac (5th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (5th August 2018), gaiagirl (5th August 2018), Michelle Marie (5th August 2018), Noelle (5th August 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, MM! Unbelievable!!!

Seems like since we have ignored getting involved at the Local Level for soooooo long, The Cabal has been able to implement its agendas & now we have to figure out how to stop it!

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Arcturian108 (6th August 2018), astridmari (7th August 2018), BMJ (7th August 2018), Cardillac (5th August 2018), Michelle Marie (5th August 2018), Noelle (5th August 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,190 times in 1,661 posts

I think this is part of Agenda 21- restricting people's mobility-

here in SW Germany we are seeing Agenda 21 unfolding in front our very eyes (no, roads are not being narrowed- theye're being expanded- probably to herd one more effectively into urban areas): but: new prison look-alike rental appt./condo buildings (calling them barracks would be an insult to barracks) are springing up everywhere in major cities/large towns (no bars but therefore balconies); they all look alike and have the same floor patterns and look all the same; nothing artistic/aesthetic about them- but they all look solididly built- (!)

Larry

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

Arcturian108 (6th August 2018), astridmari (7th August 2018), BMJ (7th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (5th August 2018), Justplain (6th August 2018), Kate (7th August 2018), Michelle Marie (5th August 2018), norman (5th August 2018), Retief (7th August 2018)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Turiya's post is relevant here:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1239857

MM

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

astridmari (7th August 2018), BMJ (7th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (5th August 2018)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,343 times in 8,331 posts

I'm sure this issue, as it currently stands, is nothing to do with what I'm going to say next, but;

Roads are one of the main causes of negative impact on wildlife. Roads are everywhere.

One of the things we can expect in the future, when secret technology comes out, is a nearly roadless environment.

Meanwhile, 'smart' transport is going to dictate where we can go.

The conversion of the roads to single lanes plus shared overtaking lanes are a human driver nightmare, but in the technological near future, a shared overtaking lane is something the software can control by making sure only one vehicle uses the lane at a time.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

astridmari (7th August 2018), BMJ (7th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (5th August 2018), Michelle Marie (5th August 2018)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,702 times in 8,941 posts

Interesting, I did not know it was a pan american policy. It is however definitely a Montreal and Quebec one. Reducing lanes in towns and cities, large aeras planning reserving farming lands, planning large 41/2 rooms apoartments or glued town houses in whole neighbohoods, all the same size, restricted circulation, promoting bikes which have no idea of road codes, overwhelming the traffic (we are forced to folkow bikes in the middle of the roads) , etc
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Arcturian108 (6th August 2018), astridmari (7th August 2018), BMJ (7th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (5th August 2018), Michelle Marie (5th August 2018)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Blocking roads in London...

http://tapnewswire.com/2015/10/agend...-private-cars/

This was from 3 years ago. I didn't "get" this part of their agenda until recently...that they want us out of cars, to restrict our movement, and to contain us somehow.

MM

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

astridmari (7th August 2018), BMJ (7th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (5th August 2018), norman (5th August 2018), Siphonemis (8th August 2018)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 times in 1,011 posts

Thanks so much Michelle. This one is news to me but not surprising.

On the Science cable channels they put many things on about AI and robotics I would say for the most part are positive so we can oooh and ahhh and be impressed. They leave out or minimize the remote control technology aspect, or it's done in such a way that the analogy to controlling us is not caught. When I watch the Science channel I don't get a hint that there is an agenda involved. It all seems to be natural inquisitive science, some natural organic process and progress going on.
    But that's what it's all about isn't it, remotely controlling our thinking, behavior and movement from afar?

I look at the great crowds gathered at trump rallies, cheering on for their guy while just a short distance away smart lanes to restrict and frustrate them are being built. And I wonder - Who is giving these orders? We seem to have a Pres that I read is 'trying' to do all these good things, stop illegals, make peace, bring companies back, etc, etc. BUT the globalists seem to be actually DOING not 'trying'. He talked a lot about fixing infrastructure on his campaign, hopefully this isn't what he meant!!! Building these roads is doing, making speeches is not doing.
    More dissonance that is difficult for me to register...

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

Arcturian108 (6th August 2018), BMJ (7th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (5th August 2018), Justplain (6th August 2018), Michelle Marie (5th August 2018)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Helene West (here)
    Thanks so much Michelle. This one is news to me but not surprising.

On the Science cable channels they put many things on about AI and robotics I would say for the most part are positive so we can oooh and ahhh and be impressed. They leave out or minimize the remote control technology aspect, or it's done in such a way that the analogy to controlling us is not caught. When I watch the Science channel I don't get a hint that there is an agenda involved. It all seems to be natural inquisitive science, some natural organic process and progress going on.
    But that's what it's all about isn't it, remotely controlling our thinking, behavior and movement from afar?

I look at the great crowds gathered at trump rallies, cheering on for their guy while just a short distance away smart lanes to restrict and frustrate them are being built. And I wonder - Who is giving these orders? We seem to have a Pres that I read is 'trying' to do all these good things, stop illegals, make peace, bring companies back, etc, etc. BUT the globalists seem to be actually DOING not 'trying'. He talked a lot about fixing infrastructure on his campaign, hopefully this isn't what he meant!!! Building these roads is doing, making speeches is not doing.
    More dissonance that is difficult for me to register...
    I was on a conference call about 5G and these Smart Grid technologies they are deploying. They said that both Democrat and Republicans have these things on their platforms. We need to get involved, be aware of what's going on at our local levels, and start raising our voices.

I'm attending more and more community awareness meetings and writing more letters. It is astounding how much I'm learning so rapidly. This is the awakening that is happening globally.

Those who unscrupulously try to control us through deceptive means are being exposed. We are recognizing their methods of deception, like the Delphi technique, propaganda, using words that sound good, but don't reveal the true intentions and motives, funded/fake/biased "science" that support their schemes, etc.

The troops of Justice and freedom within the rank and file of the general population are rallying. The masses will generate the changes. The politicians and media will have to follow along...or they will be ousted.

The sleeping lion has awoken! ...Raaaaaaaaarrrrrrr!!! LOL

MM
    Last edited by Michelle Marie; 5th August 2018 at 17:49.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

angelfire (5th August 2018), BMJ (7th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (5th August 2018)

23. Link to Post #12
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,644 times in 21,530 posts

We're still widening, and adding, roads down here in Texas.

What was, just a few years ago, just two country roads, one lane each way, on two sides of the trailer park I live in has or will soon become three suburban roads, four land divided highways, on three sides of the park, with new nice shops, homes and schools where cattle, sheep and horses grazed not long ago.

Yes - two sides became three, with an entirely new road carved out of the land.

That new road goes in an almost perfect straight line to the Dallas Fort Worth airport, 30 miles south of me. I now have a direct path to the airport, on all new, lightly traveled, quality streets, with multiple, elaborate, freeway interchanges near the airport, where a variety of other surface streets arrive from all sides to a major air hub.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

BMJ (7th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (5th August 2018), Michelle Marie (5th August 2018)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,404 times in 32,917 posts

A couple of months ago, we had one of these...

...newly painted for a few miles on the main highway just outside the nearest city to where I live in Ecuador.

The local drivers were all bewildered, and so was I. "This can't last", I thought.

And sure enough, I was right. It lasted just 4 days, before all the expensive new paint was removed again. The road is now exactly as it was before... with no lines on it at all, which the locals all know how to navigate expertly.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (7th August 2018), BMJ (7th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (7th August 2018), Michelle Marie (7th August 2018), ThePythonicCow (7th August 2018)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    A couple of months ago, we had one of these...

...newly painted for a few miles on the main highway just outside the nearest city to where I live in Ecuador.

The local drivers were all bewildered, and so was I. "This can't last", I thought.

And sure enough, I was right. It lasted just 4 days, before all the expensive new paint was removed again. The road is now exactly as it was before... with no lines on it at all, which the locals all know how to navigate expertly.

That's good news! I hope they put ours back.

I feel like we're being herded like cattle.

Moo.

MM

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

BMJ (7th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (7th August 2018)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,343 times in 8,331 posts

Quote Posted by Michelle Marie (here)

I feel like we're being herded like cattle.

Moo.

MM
    I think it's even worse than that. This isn't a cattle pen they are cramming us into, it's the feeeder spout of a mincer.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

BMJ (7th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (7th August 2018), Michelle Marie (7th August 2018)

31. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Once I went to a city council meeting and happenstance listened to a person boasting about transforming the city roads into bike friendly routes. They made all kind of weird road partition and turns and signs and signals on the street that was not friendly and yes, less lanes for cars as well. They setup loan bike racks everywhere in the city. This was in Minneapolis, Minnesota, a few years back. Not too sure if the project still goes on. But anyway, I found this article about advocating using bikes in China (just like the old days) and how epic it had failed. My apology if out of topic: https://www.theatlantic.com/photo/20...eyards/566576/

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AuCo For This Post:

BMJ (7th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (7th August 2018), Michelle Marie (7th August 2018)

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 78,285 times in 8,660 posts

I can sort of understand that change in the graphic above in areas where the a lot of accidents occur due to left turns from the fast lane causing fast drivers to hit them from behind, in places where lots of left turn usage exists.

Not saying all of the above is not happening, and it would be better to widen and add a left-turn area in middle, but much more costly.
    Last edited by mountain_jim; 7th August 2018 at 15:16.
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

BMJ (7th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (8th August 2018), Michelle Marie (7th August 2018)

35. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,389 times in 1,715 posts

Quote Posted by Cardillac (here)

here in SW Germany we are seeing Agenda 21 unfolding in front our very eyes (no, roads are not being narrowed- theye're being expanded- probably to herd one more effectively into urban areas): but: new prison look-alike rental appt./condo buildings (calling them barracks would be an insult to barracks) are springing up everywhere in major cities/large towns (no bars but therefore balconies); they all look alike and have the same floor patterns and look all the same; nothing artistic/aesthetic about them- but they all look solididly built- (!)

Larry
    In this case the goal is moving away from private transport to public transport and then down the track restricting movement to public transport and eventually total confinement to city living.

The overall agenda is Micro management of every aspect of your life, so that when people are completely reliant on the government they will be completely at the mercy and control of the government.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BMJ For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (8th August 2018), Michelle Marie (7th August 2018)

37. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Quote Posted by AuCo (here)
    Once I went to a city council meeting and happenstance listened to a person boasting about transforming the city roads into bike friendly routes. They made all kind of weird road partition and turns and signs and signals on the street that was not friendly and yes, less lanes for cars as well. They setup loan bike racks everywhere in the city. This was in Minneapolis, Minnesota, a few years back. Not too sure if the project still goes on. But anyway, I found this article about advocating using bikes in China (just like the old days) and how epic it had failed. My apology if out of topic: https://www.theatlantic.com/photo/20...eyards/566576/
    Oh, wow. We have the loan bike racks, too.

Hmmm...
    MM

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by mountain_jim (here)
    I can sort of understand that change in the graphic above in areas where the a lot of accidents occur due to left turns from the fast lane causing fast drivers to hit them from behind, in places where lots of left turn usage exists.

Not saying all of the above is not happening, and it would be better to widen and add a left-turn area in middle, but much more costly.
    It's the underlying objective that is the most concerning.

We are being socially engineered and our freedoms are diminishing. We are not having our say in the matter.

I do believe the awakened masses will be a force to be reckoned with.

MM

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by BMJ (here)
    Quote Posted by Cardillac (here)

Larry
    In this case the goal is moving away from private transport to public transport and then down the track restricting movement to public transport and eventually total confinement to city living.

The overall agenda is Micro management of every aspect of your life, so that when people are completely reliant on the government they will be completely at the mercy and control of the government.
    Right. That's the underlying objective that we will not stand for.

MM

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

BMJ (10th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (8th August 2018), Valerie Villars (7th August 2018)

+ Reply to Thread