Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst 1 10 20 28 LastLast

Thread: YouTube, Facebook, Apple and Spotify all ban Alex Jones & Infowars

1. Link to Post #181
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,298 times in 18,139 posts

Default Re: YouTube, Facebook, Apple and Spotify all ban Alex Jones & Infowars

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Similarly, groups, communities, teams, villages, nations, businesses, web forums, and sundry other organizations get to set "community standards" ... what will be welcome, what will be tolerated, what will be discouraged, what will be rejected, and what will be punished.

But ... "architects of society" don't get to use nefarious and covert means, at times leveraging our built-in capacity to distinguish and categorize others, in order to radically alter a community's standards, for their nefarious and covert purposes. When we notice that happening, we have a right, sometimes even a duty, to object, resist and oppose.
    Tall Women Punished in China

While reading your post, it reminded me of this photo in a video I watched yesterday: “In China, women were only suppose to grow so tall. Those who grew tall were punished by spending their day standing with a door with holes over their head and through their shoulders.”

PS Great thread. I've saved a lot of posts. Thanks, Everyone.

Photos Of Slavery From The Past That Will Horrify You

Last edited by RunningDeer; 10th August 2018 at 19:47.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (10th August 2018), avid (10th August 2018), Bill Ryan (10th August 2018), Bob (10th August 2018), Fellow Aspirant (11th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (11th August 2018), KiwiElf (11th August 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (11th August 2018), Michelle Marie (11th August 2018), mojo (11th August 2018), ThePythonicCow (11th August 2018), Valerie Villars (10th August 2018)

3. Link to Post #182
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,429 times in 21,488 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    Corbett talks about what this whole situation is probably REALLY about (legislation that will in effect make the monopolies in social media even bigger).

Quote Don't be an idiot! The government is NOT going to be the neutral arbiters of the internet and the big tech companies are NOT monopolies unless YOU forfeit your responsibility and use their controlled platforms. The answers to the social media crackdown are already here and it is your choice whether the alternatives that already exist thrive or die. It's up to you. Choose wisely.
    ~~~~~~~~

Yes, yes, yes.

James Corbett says what I've been trying to say, in my too many, too long, text posts on this thread.

He's a far better communicator, and he's spot on here.

Have a listen.

(I've been making my choice, gladly giving many hours a day, for many years, to one modest alternative forum on the web .)
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (10th August 2018), Bill Ryan (10th August 2018), Bob (10th August 2018), Deux Corbeaux (14th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (11th August 2018), KiwiElf (11th August 2018), kudzy (11th August 2018), Michelle Marie (11th August 2018), mojo (11th August 2018), mountain_jim (10th August 2018), PurpleLama (10th August 2018), Sir Eltor (11th August 2018), TargeT (10th August 2018)

5. Link to Post #183
    United States Avalon Member bobme's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,817 times in 234 posts

Excuse me as I have no referances for you to look at. I may well also, misspell some words.

This is only my words from observing.

I understand the thread of the banning of Alex Jones as a reaction to the unjust reason, of him being him.

But this is hardly new.

In my understaning of all things, this is just a
    test of what whoever is in controll can get away with.

For instance, what about drug screening for a requirment for getting a job?

I have read a statement here, that when someone comes into your home, that that is a violation, or an intrusion, on your rights. I agree.

What is your home? Is it the residance you rent from the government by paying property taxes?

Who can tell you what is right for you, as long as you do not harm another physically, financially, or even mentally? {The latter being perhaps worse}.

Let us go farther into controll, if we must.

You cannot vote unless you do it properly, by registering. The government knows you were born here. Or if you were not.

Health care. You have no choice if you can have it or not. You must, or we will take even more money from you.

Now for a little twist. bear with me please. A bit off topic,maybe not.

Remember when the talk of unions were the enemy of corperations?

How these workers would band together to under mind the well being of whatever corperation?

The unions were destroyed, somewhat.

Now the corparatios, are doing the exact same thing as the unions did.

Do not think so? Facebook, You tube, whatever media chain, now doing exactly that.

One corp drug testing what you do at home, now all doing it.

Bottom line is, (amost), This has been going on for quite some time.

You are not free, unless you stand up now, for all others.

As It stands now, only those in power are free to do as they wish.

do not give them yours.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bobme For This Post:

dynamo (11th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (11th August 2018), KiwiElf (11th August 2018), Michelle Marie (11th August 2018), mojo (11th August 2018)

7. Link to Post #184
    Canada Avalon Member Fellow Aspirant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,595 times in 1,002 posts

Quote Posted by A Voice from the Mountains (here)
    Quote Posted by Fellow Aspirant (here)
    My hope is that it's everybody online who makes hate filled claims about parents whose children have been murdered, saying that the grieving parents are being "actors" involved in a hoax.

B.
    JFK's mom was still alive when he was assassinated. Should no one have questioned his assassination either, to avoid hurting his mom's feelings?
    Come on, Voice. You know better than to argue with this example. Questioning the circumstances of a murderer is not the same as saying that Kennedy's mother was a crisis actor.

B.
    A human being is a part of the whole, called by us "Universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest—a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

Albert E.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fellow Aspirant For This Post:

mojo (11th August 2018)

9. Link to Post #185
    Canada Avalon Member Fellow Aspirant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,595 times in 1,002 posts

Bobme
    I like this: "You are not free, unless you stand up now, for all others."

It's a strong belief of mine, and goes to the core of my attitude towards bullies.

(And please don't ever think that one needs perfect spelling (or grammar) to post around here. Engage!)

B.
    A human being is a part of the whole, called by us "Universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest—a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

Albert E.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fellow Aspirant For This Post:

Michelle Marie (11th August 2018), mojo (11th August 2018)

11. Link to Post #186
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,635 times in 20,811 posts

No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (12th August 2018), James Newell (17th August 2018), Michelle Marie (11th August 2018), mojo (11th August 2018)

13. Link to Post #187
    Thanks

Again Exo, for short. Repeat.

Bowie song, this is not america.

old news.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bobme For This Post:

mojo (11th August 2018)

15. Link to Post #188
    United States Moderator (on Sabbatical) Deborah (ahamkara)'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,795 times in 417 posts

The tenor of this debate brings to mind the Middle Ages, when any criticism of the Church, or religious ideas or dogma was considered "heresy" - with very nasty consequences. (I believe it took the horror of the Black Plague to break the power of the church.....) Once again, fear in its many forms is being used to silence those whose observations may strike to close to truths better kept hidden by those in control.

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Deborah (ahamkara) For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (12th August 2018), Bill Ryan (11th August 2018), dynamo (11th August 2018), Fellow Aspirant (15th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (11th August 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (11th August 2018), Michelle Marie (11th August 2018), mojo (11th August 2018), PurpleLama (11th August 2018), ThePythonicCow (11th August 2018), Valerie Villars (11th August 2018)

17. Link to Post #189
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,082 times in 4,764 posts

https://www.infowars.com/confirmed-m...-ban-infowars/

Quote As Jones himself tweeted today, “Should billionaires & huge corporations get to decide what we can say and read?”
    Should governments decide what can and cannot be controlled by internet platforms, then a new dark age is upon us. I agree mostly with the sentiment to minimize our interactions with apple, google, etc, out of protest, rather than allowing for government intervention. AJ seems uncomfortably close to advocating the very thing that would prove far more disastrous than what's been done to him.
    Last edited by PurpleLama; 11th August 2018 at 14:30.

18. Link to Post #190
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks

Quote Reality 3: The mainstream establishment for whatever reason allows Alex to live. This means his meaning and mantra is irrelevant or supportive of their cause. As Alex points out on his website, if you point out something extremely negative against the establishment, they will kill you. This is all fine but why is Alex alive? We can see hundreds of intellectual and business people who died of weird circumstances not to mention just a few Paul Wellstone, Hunter S Thompson, Matt Simmons, more recently Andrew Breitbart, founder of Reddit Aaron Schwartz, and others.. not to mention John Kennedy, Frank Olsen, and countless others too many to name here, all who have deaths which speaking forensically are not conclusive based on evidence. But Alex is allowed to bash the establishment and expose the wrongs and so on and he has a bullhorn outside of Bilderberg “we are not your slaves” – Obviously he’s either working with them consciously or unwittingly OR what he’s promoting is completely irrelevant to their agenda, OR is some sort of smokescreen for something much deeper. In any event, his life and existence based on circumstances is proof that his views are either wrong, irrelevant, or serve the agenda of the elite. Breitbart, and others with damaging evidence, such as Simmons after the BP gulf spill, were immediately disappeared when it was learned they had damaging information. Alex promulgates a wide variety of information. Are we to believe based on his living that all his information is invalid? Matt Simmons was as those in the Oil community will attest one of the top minds in the field and once he explained what he knew about the BP spill he ended up killing himself in a bathtub. So is all of Alex information invalid, or is he just a puppet for the establishment, or is he irrelevant? (If he want to comment about this he should write about it he’s done enough speaking into megaphone).
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...lem-alex-jones

While I don't agree with every expression in this article, the quoted part does somewhat echo my underlying concerns as stated above.
    Last edited by PurpleLama; 11th August 2018 at 15:41.

19. Link to Post #191
    Thanks

I have a question. Maybe someone can help me to understand what I am missing.

The statement of alex jones being alive, while being a part of the establishment, and allowed to continue, makes a little sense to me. I do not feel he is irrelevant, nor anyone here.

My question is, Does the government not already have a hand in this?

That leads to many more Questions. Who, or what controls the youtube, facebook, or the government?

I do not think it is us.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bobme For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (11th August 2018), mojo (11th August 2018), PurpleLama (11th August 2018)

21. Link to Post #192
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,008 times in 8,166 posts

Quote Posted by PurpleLama (here)

Quote As Jones himself tweeted today, “Should billionaires & huge corporations get to decide what we can say and read?”
    Should governments decide what can and cannot be controlled by internet platforms, then a new dark age is upon us. I agree mostly with the sentiment to minimize our interactions with apple, google, etc, out of protest, rather than allowing for government intervention. AJ seems uncomfortably close to advocating the very thing that would prove far more disastrous than what's been done to him.

Government can intervene without having to get into deciding what people can and can't say.

A nation state can make a corporation abide by it's rules [ That was almost lost in the trade deal Trump scrapped ] within the borders of that nation state. A government can make a corporation operate a perfectly flat/level platform within the jurisdiction of that government. The corporation can only choose to abide by that or choose to not operate within that nation state at all.

For America, it's a fairly easy call because it has a perfectly distinct bill of rights and constitution. Other nation states would have to work on that a bit.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (11th August 2018), Michelle Marie (11th August 2018), mojo (11th August 2018), PurpleLama (11th August 2018)

23. Link to Post #193
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks

Quote Posted by norman (here)

Government can intervene without having to get into deciding what people can and can't say.

A nation state can make a corporation abide by it's rules [ That was almost lost in the trade deal Trump scrapped ] within the borders of that nation state. A government can make a corporation operate a perfectly flat/level platform within the jurisdiction of that government. The corporation can only choose to abide by that or choose to not operate within that nation state at all.

For America, it's a fairly easy call because it has a perfectly distinct bill of rights and constitution. Other nation states would have to work on that a bit.
    So, do you mean something like a corporate bill of rights should be introduced? How does a government get involved without legislation, or worse, executive orders, any of which are almost guaranteed to bite the people in the butt on down the line?

24. Link to Post #194
    Thanks

Quote Posted by norman (here)

So, do you mean something like a corporate bill of rights should be introduced? How does a government get involved without legislation, or worse, executive orders, any of which are almost guaranteed to bite the people in the butt on down the line?

It's really very simple. There is no need to add more legislation. The only tuff bit is extricating the American mind out of the "divine rights of commercial entities" vortex.

We are not commercial entities, we are human beings.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (12th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (11th August 2018), Michelle Marie (11th August 2018), mojo (11th August 2018), PurpleLama (11th August 2018)

26. Link to Post #195
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,517 times in 32,788 posts

Quote Posted by PurpleLama, quoting Zero Hedge (here)
    ...why is Alex alive?
    I'd suggest they're wanting to humiliate and disempower him, not make him a martyr. (But the tactic is risky, because this may be making him a martyr anyway.)

And if they DID kill him, then that might well propel into action a very large number of gun-toting patriots. If they wanted to trigger a civil war, that'd be one of the things they'd surely do. This might imply, interestingly, that a civil war might NOT be what they're trying to achieve right now... or, at least, not in this form.

27. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (12th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (11th August 2018), gaiagirl (11th August 2018), Michelle Marie (11th August 2018), mojo (11th August 2018), norman (11th August 2018), PurpleLama (11th August 2018), Valerie Villars (11th August 2018)

28. Link to Post #196
    Morocco Unsubscribed
    Language
    Discordian
    Thanks

The tough bit reminds me of the underpants gnomes of Southpark fame. Steal underpants --> .... --> Profit!

I agree that corporate personhood and the lack of accountability that goes with it lies at the heart of this, and likewise is central to most of what is wrong in the modern world. With the influence of such upon the government and its people, what would it take to actually raise the ire of the majority to actually repeal such a policy?

29. Link to Post #197
    Thanks

. . . .what would it take to actually raise the ire of the majority to actually repeal such a policy?

A clear path alternative.

Easier said than done, but we won't get there by arguing the wrong arguments within the wrong framwork set up by, of all people, corporate lawyers.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (12th August 2018), dynamo (11th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (11th August 2018), Michelle Marie (11th August 2018), PurpleLama (11th August 2018)

31. Link to Post #198
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,635 times in 20,811 posts

No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (12th August 2018), Michelle Marie (11th August 2018)

33. Link to Post #199
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,097 times in 2,584 posts

Censorship + targeting with bully tactics.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	38731

Views:	105
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	38732

Views:	105
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	38733

Views:	100
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	38734

It's interesting that the lawless ones attempt to create laws to control other people.

It's not like the laws matter to techno-bullies.

MM

ADD: Max Egan speaking to the same issue in above video.
    Accuses government of causing harm and not respecting law, and should be held accountable.
    Our job is to hold THEM accountable and prevent them from distorting laws to serve their own ends.
    That's what they are up to...using the "Delphi technique" to channel a group of people to accept a point of view (or law to give them more control) that is imposed upon them while convincing them it was their idea. More mind control through manipulation/deception.

NOT BUYING INTO IT!
    Last edited by Michelle Marie; 11th August 2018 at 19:57.
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (12th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (11th August 2018), norman (11th August 2018)

35. Link to Post #200
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,429 times in 21,488 posts

Quote Reality 3: ... ended up killing himself in a bathtub ...
    Clearly, bathtubs should be licensed, just as firearms are .

Interesting article - thanks for the link.

While I don't agree with every expression in this article, the quoted part does somewhat echo my underlying concerns as stated above.
    Yes ... I have concerns similar to the ones you quote, regarding Alex Jones.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (12th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (11th August 2018), gaiagirl (12th August 2018), Michelle Marie (11th August 2018), PurpleLama (11th August 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst 1 10 20 28 LastLast