Thread: 'Meaning of Life'

1. Link to Post #1
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,717 times in 20,824 posts

Lightbulb 'Meaning of Life'

When you deprive yourself to give meaning to live... you are most likely to shift your attention outside yourself ... hoping to find more meaning you took away from yourself to begin with... by doing that you always can blame the other when they "fooled" you ... at the end it was you FOOLING YOURSELF thinking that meaning to life will be found outside yourself. This external search is not only a mind-trap & endless distraction ... it can also become your eternal disconnection who you truly are.

When Prime-Creator (that can not be fully "understood" by any name or label) created everything, everything that comes from it is off it ... like sparks of a fire. In short you are your own unfiltered spiritual connection to Source but assumes it can not be.

There is no monopoly on genuine spirituality ... those who claim there is, are control-freaks which is the opposite of spirituality. Our disconnection with what we really are is carefully managed by those who needs your attention & consent. "Free will" to serve them and their beLIEve-systems! ... The moment you, me or anybody else do not need them anymore, all artificial created parasitical (authoritative) constructs will implode in its own footprint. The "Meaning of Life" is to GIVE life meaning, and by doing that you will find your own flow your own vibes that resonates what you suppose to do. Most of us lost that because we assumed the answer lies outside ourselves.

The only way out ... is ... in ...

Cheers,
    #John Kuhles 8-8-2018
    aka 'ExomatrixTV' (Near Death Experiencer).

ps. about above video, I met Alex Grey personally in Amsterdam (Artis) 1998 when I attended a workshop 20 years ago, he was "channeling" music through his keyboard live, I felt at "home" immateriality
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 8th August 2018 at 18:42.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th March 2019), Bluegreen (8th August 2018), Bo Atkinson (19th August 2018), Jad (18th March 2019), Jayke (20th August 2018), liderr (9th August 2018), Mercedes (8th August 2018), Nasu (8th August 2018), O Donna (8th August 2018), Orph (8th August 2018), petra (20th August 2018), Rich (18th March 2019), uzn (8th August 2018), Valerie Villars (8th August 2018), what is a name? (20th August 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,717 times in 20,824 posts

Default Re: 'Meaning of Life'

Anthony Hopkins - What's The Meaning Of Life | One Of The Most Eye Opening Speeches
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 14th March 2022 at 14:13.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th March 2019), Bo Atkinson (20th August 2018), Jayke (20th August 2018), Pam (18th March 2019), Sunny-side-up (20th August 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Bo Atkinson's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,500 times in 829 posts

If Pythagorean ideas are welcome here:

"The meaning of life is consciousness development. We are here to have experience and to learn from it. Everybody has experience. But very few there are who learn from it. Often they do not even realize that they have experience, do not surmise that the simplest experience may be vitally important. Of course a certain power of observation, of individual reflection, individual elaboration is required. Experience is efficient only when one has stopped parroting what other people have said or written, stopped using the expressions of public opinion, slogans, proverbs, stopped quoting and is capable of independent thought, individual thought."

This is from:

http://www.laurency.com/L5e/L5e21.pdf

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bo Atkinson For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th March 2019), ExomatrixTV (21st August 2018), greybeard (20th August 2018), Jayke (20th August 2018), Johan (Keyholder) (18th March 2019), Pam (18th March 2019), petra (20th August 2018), what is a name? (20th August 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Yes, you have to give it meaning, that's the "magic ingredient" for meaning (he he)

Life is going to mean whatever you want it to as a matter of perspective. Searching for meaning is kind of like searching for the nose on your face in that respect.

I for one don't need meaning for my life in order to be happy. I thought I did.... but now... "meaning" just seems incredibly unimportant. To me it's understanding that's important - the only thing that will "satisfy" me isn't meaning, it's understanding.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th March 2019), ExomatrixTV (21st August 2018), Jayke (20th August 2018), Pam (18th March 2019)

9. Link to Post #5
    Sweden Avalon Member
    Language
    Swedish
    Thanks

Professor in clinical psychology, Jordan Peterson, is saying that taking responsibility and acting in responsible ways, is what gives a human life meaning. One responsibility we all have is to not make the world worse, or life more harder than it already is (existentialism, which is quite similiar to buddhism).

I think prof. Peterson's suggestion on "responsibility" as a starting point to find "meaning" - and "purpose/direction" - is a good one.

How to find direction in your life? Meaning?

Ask yourself what kind of activity are you prepared to suffer for? To make sacrifices for? If you can find an answer to those questions, then you may very well have found a direction, a purpose that will give your life a meaning.

The experience of meaning, of doing something meaningful, makes you more resilient to all the **** that sooner or later will happen to you, than happiness ever will.

The Only universal principle is that everything changes, ,nothing stays the same. Happiness changes to sadness and sadness changes to happiness (this is me talking, not prof. Peterson).

Even if "meaning" and "direction" also change, they are more robust and sustainable than happiness or sadness.

What do you want to do with your life? Because "action", "doing" and "movement" is necessary in finding, creating and living a meaningful life.

And action, doing and movement means exposing yourself, being vulnerable and taking risks. But it is the only way to make things happen, to change something.

To create "something" out of "nothing."

What are you prepared to suffer for, to make sacrificies for? How much and how long are you prepared to suffer? What kind of sacrificies are you prepared to make? Do you understand that suffering and sacrificies are going to be necessary for you to undergo and make in order to find, create and live a meaningful life?

Then begin with taking responsibility for what you can do here and now to make your life a little better. Down the road you may end up making the world a better place for us all.

Something like that, according to prof. Peterson. And I agree.

"I'll start with the small things." - Vincent van Gogh
    Last edited by validatedmystery; 18th March 2019 at 00:18.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to validatedmystery For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th March 2019), ExomatrixTV (27th July 2022), Jax_realm (18th March 2019), petra (18th March 2019), Valerie Villars (18th March 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

While I haven’t read much into various philosophies and ideologies, I have thought a lot about this subject. I believe every answer to your questions would hinge on a person’s world view. If they (like me) believe in an infinite afterlife, from a numbers stand point aligning yourself with the values that help you achieve a favorable afterlife position are worth much more then achieving fame or fortune and should take first priority. 1 billion dollars corner office and private island? No thanks

This of course sets the onus on making sure you have the correct ideas about an afterlife so as to align yourself correctly. Naturally, this would include research, an open mind, discipline (as to follow the dictates of said belief) and deep introspection (for most this would have happen while balancing responsibilities of daily life). This could be the work of a lifetime.

If however a person has no belief in an afterlife (say an atheist), value and satisfaction in life I imagine are still possible though it would have to come from a much different place, likely as varied as the situations people find themselves in. Family, living a life of service to others, country, sense of morality would seem most common as willing to sacrifice for though the list tends to drop off after that (at least in my mind). This is why I’m not as hard on IV drug users as I could be (I work in medical) The euphoria these people are addicted to can (possibly) be indicating that hedonism is their belief and that if we are be nothing more than dust, then enjoying the here and now is the order of the day and could potentially be better then living 70 years of less than satisfying (potentially miserable) existence.

Search for the good stuff.
    Last edited by Jax_realm; 18th March 2019 at 04:08.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jax_realm For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th March 2019), ExomatrixTV (27th July 2022), petra (18th March 2019), validatedmystery (18th March 2019)

13. Link to Post #7
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Quote Posted by validatedmystery (here)
    How to find direction in your life? Meaning?

Ask yourself what kind of activity are you prepared to suffer for? To make sacrifices for? If you can find an answer to those questions, then you may very well have found a direction, a purpose that will give your life a meaning.
    Well gosh. What kind of activity would I be prepared to suffer for? Now THAT is a very tough question!

At this point in time, there's really only one thing I can think of which I'd be prepared to suffer for. I want to "banish the evil", FOREVER. The way I feel now, the only way I'd agree to suffering, is if it meant nobody else had to suffer - ever. I guess it's a case of "Go big, or go home"... (ha ha)

Thanks for the thread, it's really thought provoking and the quote from Van Gogh is really reassuring. "Baby Steps..."!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (27th July 2022), Valerie Villars (18th March 2019), validatedmystery (18th March 2019)

15. Link to Post #8
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Van Gogh --was that the painter--ear today -gone tomorrow?
    Life has any meaning you care to put on it.
    I prefer humour.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (27th July 2022), validatedmystery (18th March 2019)

+ Reply to Thread