Thread: Abomination!

1. Link to Post #1
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,497 times in 4,310 posts

Default Abomination!

A giant statue of Baphomet has been hauled into position in front of the state capital building in Little Rock, Arkansas.

This is not a joke.

I definitely tolerate freedom of religion and worship. I believe this is everyone's fundamental right. But not evil, and not out in the open like this. This makes a mockery of God and the good in the vast majority of us.

Will more cities follow?

I wouldn't be surprised if criticising satanic monuments in public spaces is considered hate speech. Lol, God help us!

They say it's temporary, but we'll see...

But if that's what liberalism has come to, I want out. I used to have a very liberal, tolerant point of view. But that is starting to change. Because I never signed up for this.

I am truly sorry for the people of Little Rock. But they really do need to stand up and stand tall. Everyone needs to stand up, Christian or not, and fight this. This is a representation of evil in our midst and gloating about it. It cannot be permitted to remain. Look at it! It even features little kids looking up at the thing lovingly. That should turn anyone's stomach.

This is not about how it looks, not even even what it is. It's about what it represents. And that isn't the 'Church of Satan', no matter what they say. That's just the 'acceptable' public front. This goes way deeper than that, and to very dark places.

Call it intolerance or hate speech, I don't care. But I hope this effing thing gets vandalized and torn down. For me, enough is enough!

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/satanic...-jason-rapert/

Last edited by Mark (Star Mariner); 17th August 2018 at 23:23.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (18th August 2018), Antagenet (20th August 2018), Baby Steps (18th August 2018), BMJ (18th August 2018), drneglector (20th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (18th August 2018), Franny (18th August 2018), gaiagirl (23rd August 2018), Ivanhoe (18th August 2018), Jayke (19th August 2018), Michelle Marie (18th August 2018), mountain_jim (18th August 2018), muxfolder (19th August 2018), Noelle (17th August 2018), Spellbound (17th August 2018), Star Tsar (21st August 2018), Valerie Villars (18th August 2018), yelik (18th August 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Default Re: Abomination!

What about separation of church and state? WTF?

Oh I see, after reading the article. What perversion of beautiful ideals. Just another day on Planet Earth.

We can do this.
    Last edited by Valerie Villars; 17th August 2018 at 23:35.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (18th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (18th August 2018), gaiagirl (23rd August 2018), Inaiá (18th August 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (18th August 2018), Michelle Marie (18th August 2018), Spellbound (17th August 2018), Star Tsar (21st August 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Canada Avalon Member Spellbound's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,254 times in 1,040 posts

Quote Posted by Valerie Villars (here)
    Henry VIII says "hi!".

Dave - Toronto

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (18th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (18th August 2018), Kryztian (19th August 2018), Michelle Marie (18th August 2018), Star Tsar (21st August 2018), Valerie Villars (18th August 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

You mean it's the Obamanation.

Quote Posted by Valerie Villars (here)
    Personally, I think (after due process of course) we should tie the baby murderers around that statue and use it as the biblical millstone to cast them into a very deep sea.

But having said that...

The Bill of Rights originally only limited the national government and not the state governments. There were some New England states which didn't separate religion from their governments until around the 1820's if I remember correctly.

The secular tradition of the states is more of a Jeffersonian thing that was based in the South. Jefferson was so proud of himself for his religious freedom doctrine in Virginia that he had it put on his tombstone.

Only 3 accomplishments listed there. In Jefferson's mind, these were the most important.

(He would be disgusted to see what UVA has become today.)

8. Link to Post #5
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,497 times in 4,310 posts

An appropriate new meme is doing the rounds.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

9. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (20th August 2018), Antagenet (20th August 2018), avid (20th August 2018), BMJ (23rd August 2018), Debra (20th August 2018), drneglector (20th August 2018), gaiagirl (23rd August 2018), Inaiá (21st August 2018), Jayke (19th August 2018), Lettherebelight (20th August 2018), Michelle Marie (19th August 2018), mountain_jim (20th August 2018), muxfolder (20th August 2018), Star Tsar (21st August 2018), Valerie Villars (19th August 2018)

10. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,501 times in 4,009 posts

What is evil about statuary based from an Eliphas Levi drawing? 19th century not 14th as stated in article. Inaccurate as it was androgynous, having breasts. They also skipped the magic words.

I sense the old fear mongering campaign still at work. This figure has the nature of a mirror, mostly just reflecting whatever is presented to it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

leavesoftrees (21st August 2018)

12. Link to Post #7
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

I rejected (mainstream) Christianity as a teenager and dived straight into occult and Satanic literature to see what the "other side" was saying. I dismissed Satanism very quickly as a bunch of nonsense that was predicated on the sort of Christianity that I had just rejected, but the general occult literature I've always had some interest in ever since then.

At this point, I have to say it's more than just fear mongering. The upside-down pentagram and other symbolism is referencing very nihilistic and chaotic ideas about reality. It's just the sort of philosophical justification you'd resort to if you were ritually murdering people, for example. Saying that it's 'just a mirror' or a matter of interpretation fits perfectly with the kind of "do as thou wilt" attitude that underlies the ruthlessness of psychopathic power-brokers.

The opposite of that is a very ordered and hierarchical system. Scientists believe the universe is ordered and hierarchical, for example, and for all of modern science's flaws, look at the wonders that this philosophy has produced as opposed to one based on purely subjective and lawless interpretations of reality.

Whether you believe in God or the unified field theory or whatever, recognizing the existence of orders and powers greater than yourself, and modifying your own behavior so as to better serve that greater cosmic order, is the "white magic" path.

The people who put this statue up are not likely to fit that description, and the symbolism is indicative of that. An upside-down pentagram represents the 4 elements of nature ruling over the 5th element ("quintessence") of consciousness. It represents chaos and disorder. These are self-serving people.

13. Link to Post #8
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,690 times in 13,806 posts

And that is exactly Mark Passio's definition of Satanism devotion of the self, ignoring one's conscience, @ cost of fellow humans!
    I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (22nd August 2018), BMJ (23rd August 2018), gaiagirl (23rd August 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (21st August 2018)

+ Reply to Thread