Thread: The strangeness of the California Fires

1. Link to Post #321
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,529 times in 20,693 posts

Default Re: The strangeness of the California Fires

Rosa Koire has a good explanation, and other genuine researchers who have been focusing on Agenda 21 and Agenda 2030.

Quote Posted by Denise/Dizi (here)

While all of this is going on, a whole bunch of new laws are being signed into effect when no one is able to watch the news to see it happening. Welcome to the nightmare that is California. They're deliberately trying to drive people out of the area. Not exactly sure why but there is a lot of speculation going around. None of it is good.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 18th January 2020 at 23:39. Reason: fixed quote formatting
    Each breath a gift...

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th October 2019), Bluegreen (29th October 2019), Franny (29th October 2019), Hervé (29th October 2019), Ivanhoe (29th October 2019), raregem (30th October 2019), RogueEllis (29th October 2019), RunningDeer (29th October 2019), sllim11 (29th October 2019), Valerie Villars (29th October 2019)

3. Link to Post #322
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,302 times in 18,139 posts

Wowzer! If you're short on time, check out the first minute.

Tesla's Technology Secretly In Use Right Under Our Noses.
    Extended Trailer: Who Stole Our Future?
    (7:41 minutes)

LogicBeforeAuthority
    January 22, 2019

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th October 2019), Blacklight43 (29th October 2019), Bluegreen (29th October 2019), conk (29th October 2019), Delight (29th October 2019), Franny (29th October 2019), Hervé (29th October 2019), Ivanhoe (29th October 2019), Krist (29th October 2019), onawah (29th October 2019), raregem (30th October 2019), RogueEllis (29th October 2019), sllim11 (29th October 2019), Valerie Villars (29th October 2019)

5. Link to Post #323
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,124 times in 2,678 posts

PG and E. Simple. Think like a pyschopath. Have they declared bankruptcy after failing to do appropriate maintenance causing massive fires? Deferred or ignored maintenance would have boosted their profits while padding the incomes of senior managements and the board, whose incomes are derived, in large part, from shares in the company.

In the event of a disaster, they can declare bankruptcy and then lean on the government to provide funding to get it fixed and make them 'whole' again. Look to the Tarp program that bailed out banks that were too big to fail. Same thing will happen here. They are too big to fail.

Look for more of this in the future across all infrastructure sectors. Things will crumble and private industry will walk while you pick up the bill. It's privatizations of profits and socialization of costs through your tax dollars.

Doesn't seem to be an esoteric type of conspiracy or intentional setting of fires, just good old greed. Of course the alt right media, through the University of YOutube videos would have you think otherwise.

Deborah Tavares isn't a reliable source.
    Last edited by AutumnW; 29th October 2019 at 00:19.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Arcturian108 (29th October 2019), Bill Ryan (29th October 2019), Franny (29th October 2019), Hervé (29th October 2019), onawah (29th October 2019), raregem (30th October 2019), RunningDeer (29th October 2019)

7. Link to Post #324
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Quote The power shut-offs were imposed after PG&E electrical equipment was blamed for several blazes in recent years that killed scores of people and burned thousands of homes.

However, PG&E said Thursday it didn’t de-energize a 230,000-volt transmission line near Geyserville that malfunctioned minutes before the fire erupted. The company reported finding a “broken jumper” wire on a transmission tower Wednesday night.

AP article below.

I saw this article in Saturday's paper. It's just a piece of the story. I thought it strange they would admit liability after so much destruction and death. My heart goes out to all affected.

https://www.thetimesnews.com/zz/news...e-ignited-fire
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

AutumnW (29th October 2019), Bill Ryan (29th October 2019), Franny (29th October 2019), Hervé (29th October 2019), onawah (29th October 2019), raregem (30th October 2019), RunningDeer (29th October 2019)

9. Link to Post #325
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,379 times in 5,725 posts

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    Wowzer! If you're short on time, check out the first minute.

Tesla's Technology Secretly In Use Right Under Our Noses.
    Extended Trailer: Who Stole Our Future?
    (7:41 minutes)

LogicBeforeAuthority
    January 22, 2019
    WOW is what I said too.... a must watch....

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

AutumnW (29th October 2019), Bill Ryan (29th October 2019), Franny (29th October 2019), Hervé (29th October 2019), onawah (29th October 2019), raregem (30th October 2019), RunningDeer (29th October 2019), Valerie Villars (29th October 2019)

11. Link to Post #326
    Thanks

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    PG and E. Simple. Think like a pyschopath. Have they declared bankruptcy after failing to do appropriate maintenance causing massive fires? Deferred or ignored maintenance would have boosted their profits while padding the incomes of senior managements and the board, whose incomes are derived, in large part, from shares in the company.

In the event of a disaster, they can declare bankruptcy and then lean on the government to provide funding to get it fixed and make them 'whole' again. Look to the Tarp program that bailed out banks that were too big to fail. Same thing will happen here. They are too big to fail.

Look for more of this in the future across all infrastructure sectors. Things will crumble and private industry will walk while you pick up the bill. It's privatizations of profits and socialization of costs through your tax dollars.

Doesn't seem to be an esoteric type of conspiracy or intentional setting of fires, just good old greed. Of course the alt right media, through the University of YOutube videos would have you think otherwise.

I think the same way and yet, I wonder if there may be some esoteric aspects in there too? I especially think that there has been some major ignorance regarding natural processes like the Santa Ana winds and the fact that California has always had fires but now have lots of permanent buildings and people. UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES + INTENDED CONSEQUENCES- PEOPLE MAKING INFORMED DECISIONS- LIABILITY = HELL ON EARTH.

Who benefits is always the best first question to me.

What is seeming to be true is that there is a push on to just completely destroy the ability to live in California. That goes way beyond just greed. From Valeries post above was this quote:

Quote In shutting off the electricity, PG&E cut power to the distribution lines that supply homes, but not to its long-distance transmission lines.
    Say WHAT? Who made that decision....
    Last edited by Delight; 29th October 2019 at 01:23.

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Arcturian108 (29th October 2019), AutumnW (29th October 2019), Bill Ryan (29th October 2019), earthdreamer (30th October 2019), Franny (29th October 2019), Hervé (29th October 2019), onawah (29th October 2019), raregem (30th October 2019), RunningDeer (29th October 2019), Sunny (30th October 2019), Valerie Villars (29th October 2019)

13. Link to Post #327
    United States Avalon Member James Newell's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,912 times in 340 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by James Newell (here)
    MASSIVE EXPLOSION Strikes N. CA 50 miles wide!
    I'd like to better understand what we're being shown here. For instance:
    • How speeded up is this?
    • What's the time lapse between images?
    • What program is he using to generate the images?
    • Can this be examined retrospectively/historically?
    • If so, what's the link?
    An 'explosion' is something that happens in seconds. Something unusual may be happening, for sure, but there's almost certainly some hyperbole here. All clarifications are more than welcome.
    It is difficult to tell if there is any speed up of images, but if you look closely you can see the clouds moving at a standard rate of speed so from that it appears not doctored. I believe he got it by going through the weather data satellite at that time period. Which means anyone should be able to retrive that data and verify it.I will see if I can locate the weather satellite link.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to James Newell For This Post:

AutumnW (29th October 2019), Bill Ryan (29th October 2019), Franny (29th October 2019), Hervé (29th October 2019), onawah (29th October 2019), raregem (30th October 2019), RunningDeer (29th October 2019)

15. Link to Post #328
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Delight (here)

I think the same way and yet, I wonder if there may be some esoteric aspects in there too? I especially think that there has been some major ignorance regarding natural processes like the Santa Ana winds and the fact that California has always had fires but now have lots of permanent buildings and people. UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES + INTENDED CONSEQUENCES- PEOPLE MAKING INFORMED DECISIONS- LIABILITY = HELL ON EARTH.

What is seeming to be true is that there is a push on to just completely destroy the ability to live in California. That goes way beyond just greed. From Valeries post above was this quote:

Quote In shutting off the electricity, PG&E cut power to the distribution lines that supply homes, but not to its long-distance transmission lines.
    For those who are afraid of how this plays into Agenda 21, I think it works like this. There are massive fires, so insurance companies hike insurance rates. If the fires continue in fire prone areas they withdraw coverage completely. Utilities in the U.S. will provide service if government basically gives them the money. Otherwise, they won't. People are then forced to move to the big cities. I suppose if the military wants to test out new weapons they could use fires as a cover, I just don't see them starting a fire, because they don't have to. Mother Nature, who is becoming Mommie Dearest, together with psychopathic utility companies are providing all the fire they need.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Arcturian108 (29th October 2019), Bill Ryan (29th October 2019), Franny (29th October 2019), Hervé (29th October 2019), onawah (29th October 2019), raregem (30th October 2019), RunningDeer (29th October 2019)

17. Link to Post #329
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Not just through fires, but by changing zoning laws, eliminating or not maintaining roads or not building new ones, lots of ways they can make it impossible for people to stay on their land. Through more and more uninformed, controlled, unelected official puppets willing to do the bidding of the elites.
    Quote Posted by Delight (here)

For those who are afraid of how this plays into Agenda 21, I think it works like this. There are massive fires, so insurance companies hike insurance rates. If the fires continue in fire prone areas they withdraw coverage completely. Utilities in the U.S. will provide service if government basically gives them the money. Otherwise, they won't. People are then forced to move to the big cities. I suppose if the military wants to test out new weapons they could use fires as a cover, I just don't see them starting a fire, because they don't have to. Mother Nature, who is becoming Mommie Dearest, together with psychopathic utility companies are providing all the fire they need.
    Each breath a gift...

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

AutumnW (29th October 2019), Bill Ryan (29th October 2019), Franny (29th October 2019), Hervé (29th October 2019), raregem (30th October 2019), RunningDeer (29th October 2019)

19. Link to Post #330
    Thanks

The power being shut off is making the fire response teams slow to arrive, and causing havoc for those that need to know what is going on. It's a mess... i have been without power off and on for weeks, and just got it back on this afternoon, only to lose it again sometime before tomorrow, and we are also having fires "Appear" out of nowhere near my house. NONE of this is normal and according to PG&E this is going to be happening for the next 10 years. Many of the wifi providers are down with the loss of power as well, causing the cell towers to not function properly either, so many calls aren't going through. It's a mess.

While all of this is going on, a whole bunch of new laws are being signed into effect when no one is able to watch the news to see it happening. Welcome to the nightmare that is California. They're deliberately trying to drive people out of the area. Not exactly sure why but there is a lot of speculation going around. None of it is good.

I just want to note that we had a fire in our area that took off yesterday and I couldn't help but note it started near low income housing and an elderly community. Seems many of these are taking out mobile home parks, and the less able to manage situations. The rest are being taken out financially, by a loss of revenue and their products become waste. They're hitting everyone on a multi front. Making sure if the fires don't get you, the loss of work, and power does. Its a no win situation with many planning to leave California as a result. (Or they're threatening to).. The recovery from this thus far is going to be insane, if this lasts for ten years, there won't be a California...

This has to be bigger than just a few wildfires. Just saying, I don't buy it.
    Bumping your post and sending best wishes for safety and clarity and peace. I can't really imagine what it must be like there for you and everyone with the fire threat and black outs.

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

AutumnW (29th October 2019), Bill Ryan (29th October 2019), Denise/Dizi (29th October 2019), earthdreamer (30th October 2019), Franny (29th October 2019), Hervé (29th October 2019), onawah (29th October 2019), raregem (30th October 2019), RunningDeer (29th October 2019), Valerie Villars (29th October 2019)

21. Link to Post #331
    United States Avalon Member Denise/Dizi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,494 times in 1,695 posts

Thank You, we are fine and we were prepared... (I am a member of Avalon hahaha)... But many were not...

This can happen anywhere at any time. People need to be prepared. I hope people are paying attention to what is going on here. (For whatever reason it is truly happening).. Not only do people need to stock up on supplies, they need to have a nest egg for when their employers can't afford to have them return for weeks, due to losses the business suffered as well. It's a MESS...

This would be a good time to remind people of what they should stock up on for such an emergency.. Can someone type that out? I will be without power again very soon. Sadly many people are losing their jobs as businesses are losing so much... so this is far more devastating than many could imagine. People will default on loans, possible mortgages if it continues, etc. Add to that people are losing houses, This is far more devastating than just a few days without power here and there. They're saying they are planning to do this for TEN YEARS.

I do appreciate that this thread is here.. Thank You.

22. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

AutumnW (29th October 2019), avid (29th October 2019), Bill Ryan (29th October 2019), earthdreamer (30th October 2019), Franny (29th October 2019), Hervé (29th October 2019), Ivanhoe (29th October 2019), muxfolder (30th October 2019), onawah (29th October 2019), raregem (30th October 2019), Ron Mauer Sr (29th October 2019), RunningDeer (29th October 2019), Sunny (30th October 2019), SunSea (30th October 2019)

23. Link to Post #332
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,260 times in 2,136 posts

There are many ideas on my blog useful for creating your own plan for whatever may come next.
    It began with the idea that I needed to make notes about what I needed to learn.
    Then I thought, share these ideas with others by creating a blog.
    Some people have said it is very valuable.

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

AutumnW (29th October 2019), Bill Ryan (29th October 2019), Denise/Dizi (4th November 2019), earthdreamer (30th October 2019), Franny (29th October 2019), Hervé (29th October 2019), onawah (29th October 2019), raregem (30th October 2019), RunningDeer (29th October 2019)

25. Link to Post #333
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,302 times in 18,139 posts

This would be a good time to remind people of what they should stock up on for such an emergency.. Can someone type that out?
    You’re in my thoughts, Denise. I take solace in knowing you’re a gutsy woman with numerous skill sets.

Here’s two of the threads in Living Off the Grid section, plus two more:

I’ve stocked freeze dried kale, spinach, broccoli, and corn from ThriveLife.com:
    • certified
    • gluten-free
    • NO GMOs: no bioengineered ingredients
    • NO artificial colors or flavors
    • shelf life of 25 yrs. (unopened)

It’s a bit pricey. Another way I look at it is if inflation hits, I won’t need a wheelbarrow full of money to purchase a head of lettuce because I've stockpiled for 7+ years. It’s also convenient to have these products during inclement weather. It's cost effective during the winter season when vegetable prices are high. I toss in handfuls of three veggies into an instant pot with brown rice/barley/lentils.

UPDATE: added one more link
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 29th October 2019 at 18:59.

26. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Alecs (30th October 2019), AutumnW (29th October 2019), Bill Ryan (29th October 2019), Bluegreen (29th October 2019), Denise/Dizi (4th November 2019), earthdreamer (30th October 2019), Franny (29th October 2019), Ivanhoe (29th October 2019), onawah (29th October 2019), raregem (30th October 2019), Ron Mauer Sr (29th October 2019)

27. Link to Post #334
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,246 times in 32,909 posts

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    This would be a good time to remind people of what they should stock up on for such an emergency.. Can someone type that out?
    You’re in my thoughts, Denise. I take solace in knowing you’re a gutsy woman with numerous skill sets.

Here’s two of the threads in Living Off the Grid section, plus one more:

I’ve stocked freeze dried kale, spinach, broccoli, and corn from ThriveLife.com:
    Wonderful!

And don't forget the cheap and simple things. Candles, matches, toilet paper, soap, toothpaste, iodine (for purifying water as well as cleaning wounds), batteries (or better still, a little solar-cell battery charger), flashlights, rice, oats, flour, oil, salt, sugar, needles-and-thread, string, duck tape (for 1001 things), plastic bags, pocket knife, and a simple first aid kit including gauze which can be used for filtering as well.

28. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alecs (30th October 2019), AutumnW (29th October 2019), Denise/Dizi (4th November 2019), earthdreamer (30th October 2019), Franny (29th October 2019), Ivanhoe (29th October 2019), onawah (29th October 2019), onevoice (29th October 2019), raregem (30th October 2019), Ron Mauer Sr (29th October 2019), RunningDeer (29th October 2019), Satori (29th October 2019)

29. Link to Post #335
    Language
    English
    Thanks

True, Tavares isn't a reliable source, but please don't stop there. See: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1320329 as follows:
    Quote Posted by xylo (here)
    Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    I happened to see the post above on the Forum's list of new posts, checked it out, and was surprised to see my name come up.
    I certainly do see more clearly now why Tavares's activities are of such concern.
    But I never would have had so much trouble understanding why when I first began reading the thread if one crucial factor hadn't been lost in the shuffle (for me, at least).
    Which is why, since it appears that Tavares might well be part of a planned (perhaps by the CIA, as it certainly seems to display their stamp of nefariousness) agenda to have an easily debunked source like Tavares ready to exploit in the event that enough people begin to seriously question various Agenda 21/2030 activities... WHY was that aspect barely mentioned on the thread?
    We know that Agenda 21/2030 activities, which info sources other than Tavares ( credible ones, such as Rosa Koire) are documenting a lot of the same material as well, although without the lies and forgeries.
    Initially I thought Tavares was just doing a lousy job of exposing things that needed to be exposed, but of course, as time went on and the lies and forgeries became more numerous and blatant, it seemed clear that she must be part of some bigger and even darker agenda.
    (Although the truth is horrible enough without such embellishments.)
    Why that wasn't emphasized on the thread but actually downplayed or ignored made me wonder if there was something even more complicated and secretive under way and if this forum is being used as a tool.
    And that is the reason why I simply abandoned this thread, having voiced those concerns.
    And if there have still been no successful attempts to expose Tavares publicly, then I have to wonder if she is going to be protected until there are actually riots.
    Which is just what she seems to be trying to instigate.
    Rioting would give the "authorities" a perfect reason to discredit ALL reports about the Agendas and make people even more fearful, which is always to their supposed advantage, of course.
    And if at that time, might she just be given a slap on the wrist or ...?? perhaps a staged "suicide" or something similar that smacks of CIA tactics.
    That would be proof sufficient for me that it was planned from the beginning, and she was just hired on to be on the stage of a very staged event.
    The REAL challenge, in my view, is not to prove that Tavares is a hoax, but to uncover WHY she is distorting the truth about the issues which really SHOULD be in the public's awareness, and WHO is behind that.
    It seems obvious to me that it's much too fishy an operation to have been created solely by her and her cohort.
    Thanks onawah!

Your perspective and theories match my own. There is value in contributing to the destabilization of society, precisely for the reasons you mention. It’s a form of psyop and false flag, or at least manufactured crisis. I too have come to believe that Tavares is sponsored. Her channel has been monetized throughout the period of time when far less radical channels were demonetized, censored and sometimes taken down. Although she’s spread a rumor that she’s now demonetized, I don’t believe it. The amount of advertising placed around her presentations has only grown. YouTube’s “hate speech” policies do not apply to Tavares. At first because it ticked me off, and later as an experiment, I started reporting comments that call for violence and murder, or are blatant epithets both racial and cultural. Obscene stuff. All of it was left standing. There’s more but bottom line YouTube likes her. Her channel has become (at times) a hate platform, some presentations worse than others. Her listeners adore her. “Awake” in Tavares world means several things. (A) agree that there’s no hope (B)memorize Deborah’s control mantras and reiterate them on cue (C) discourage independent research and vetting “Deborah tells us what we need to know.” (D) questioning her stories or merely requesting substantiation labels one as “a paid government troll” or “MSM shill”. If “evil’s first weapon is fear”, then evil loves Deborah Tavares. She’s even stopped manufacturing “documents” as her listener base and grapevine is now substantial enough that no documentation is necessary. “Rothschild is facilitating youth seminars worldwide to condition young people into cannibalism” and it’s all decreed by “executive orders”. having a solar panel electricity generating system is now “the equivalent of letting suicide bombers sleep in your garage.” It goes on and on and in. Sure enough, listeners accept it as verbatim verified truth. Ask for examples or substantiation of any such events or an executive order number? “TROLL!” attacked by Tavares worker drones. The effect of her work is fear and hate based dogma, really no different than the kkk or any devout order of hate.

One thing which continues to stand out for me is that she often plays the victim card, to include her kids and grandkids. She’s certainly aware that if the wrong toes are stepped on too many times, activists may be disappeared, and the way to really shut someone up is to target a child or grandchild. And yet, Deborah boldly goes about her work, only increasing in radical instigating tone, with apparently no concern for the well being of her family. I think she’s nuts, but I do not think she would put a child or grandchild at risk.

It’s occurred to me that there’s no better way to hide a real conspiracy than to bury it amidst a plethora of fake conspiracies. It becomes a room full of mirrors, no one knows what’s real and what’s not. If some of that is going on, Deborah’s value becomes even more apparent. She’s manufacturing allegations cross-referenced with other allegations so quickly and prolifically right now that it’s impossible to keep up. Sometimes I’ll write out her words because seeing it in writing makes the craziness much more apparent. I can’t keep up anymore, she’s rattling stuff off so fast. 50-100 new conspiracies per talk. “The blind are now our enemies” “firefighters are costumed imposters who organize busloads of homeless looters” (some fans run with that one into characterizing these supposed looters as “black” except that’s not the word they use.) so it’s no longer just “the jews.”

Ok, that’s my 3 cents du jour, and thanks onawah, I really appreciate your update,

Best

xylo

Rosa Koire, however, is the real deal, imho. See: https://www.democratsagainstunagenda21.com/

I REALLY hope that more Avalonians will start paying more attention to the credible sources of info about Agenda 21 and 2030. The elite are wasting no time in implementing them!
    Each breath a gift...

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

AutumnW (29th October 2019), Denise/Dizi (4th November 2019), Hervé (29th October 2019), raregem (30th October 2019), Ron Mauer Sr (29th October 2019), RunningDeer (29th October 2019)

31. Link to Post #336
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,320 times in 2,100 posts

May I also add baking soda which can replace such things such as toothpaste and deodorant to putting out small stove fires, cleaning and neutralizing an acidic stomach.

Baking Soda Uses

Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE) can be used for water purification and internally for infections and more.

GSE for Giardia

Grapefruit Seed Extract

True story: I was at the library and got to talking to a librarian who had been infected with Giardia while hiking the Himilayan mountains about 8 weeks prior. I mentioned that many hikers take GSE with them for Giardia and other infections.

The next time I saw her she had stopped taking the fluoride based Cipro after four or five days and continued with the GSE for about two more weeks. She was declared free of Giardia after less than three weeks of use. The Cipro had barely contained the infection during her 8 weeks or so of use, GSE eradicated it in less than half the time with no damaging side affects.
    Last edited by Franny; 29th October 2019 at 20:45.
    A million galaxies are a little foam on that shoreless sea. ~ Rumi

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Franny For This Post:

AutumnW (29th October 2019), Denise/Dizi (4th November 2019), earthdreamer (30th October 2019), Hervé (29th October 2019), Ivanhoe (29th October 2019), raregem (30th October 2019), RunningDeer (29th October 2019)

33. Link to Post #337
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Thank You, we are fine and we were prepared... (I am a member of Avalon hahaha)... But many were not...

This can happen anywhere at any time. People need to be prepared. I hope people are paying attention to what is going on here. (For whatever reason it is truly happening).. Not only do people need to stock up on supplies, they need to have a nest egg for when their employers can't afford to have them return for weeks, due to losses the business suffered as well. It's a MESS...

This would be a good time to remind people of what they should stock up on for such an emergency.. Can someone type that out? I will be without power again very soon. Sadly many people are losing their jobs as businesses are losing so much... so this is far more devastating than many could imagine. People will default on loans, possible mortgages if it continues, etc. Add to that people are losing houses, This is far more devastating than just a few days without power here and there. They're saying they are planning to do this for TEN YEARS.

I do appreciate that this thread is here.. Thank You.
    Oh Denise,

My heart goes out to you! I hope you manage to hold on to your home and that you are safe. I appreciate what you said about being prepared. People think 'preppers' are a bit loopy, and yet, we are more likely to be prepared because we know, it CAN happen to us.

I have had to move twice in the last three years. The second time because my house was located at the top of a ridge, fully exposed to freak windstorms/hurricanes and also in a fire zone with one narrow winding road chiseled into a steep hillside. One way in and one way out. A real fire trap.

When I moved in I told someone that I was somewhat concerned for my safety but also worried that insuring my place would become expensive or impossible. They laughed. Uh huh...fast forward a couple of years after a few more summers of intense fire activity and dangerous storms in the winter ---there was an item in the newspaper quoting insurance companies warning people of exactly that.

You don't need Agenda 21 to drive people out of rural areas. All you need is a withdrawal of essential services, sky high insurance rates and real fear of loss of life. I moved to town, in the same area, 5 minutes from an ocean cove that is somewhat sheltered. If there is an out of control fire, I can run!

I am so happy that you have prepared for this. Relieved for you. I pray the winds die down.

34. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Delight (30th October 2019), Denise/Dizi (4th November 2019), earthdreamer (30th October 2019), Franny (29th October 2019), Hervé (29th October 2019), Ivanhoe (29th October 2019), onawah (29th October 2019), raregem (30th October 2019), RunningDeer (29th October 2019)

35. Link to Post #338
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Onawah, I will watch the video! Thanks

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (4th November 2019), Franny (30th October 2019), onawah (29th October 2019), raregem (30th October 2019), RunningDeer (29th October 2019)

37. Link to Post #339
    Language
    English
    Thanks

More about Rosa Koire and Democrats Against U.N. Agenda 21.
    ( I would not be surprised if Rosa and her associates are a big reason why Deborah Tavares is so busy falsifying info about the very real conspiracies behind Agenda 21 and Agenda 2030 in order to make it look like it's all tin foil hat lies. She is lecturing all over the world now about these agendas, as they aren't just being applied in the US. )

The Right Side - Rosa Koire and One Bay Area
    Jun 14, 2013
    KMVT
    "Chris Pareja interviews Rosa Koire, Executive Director of Post Sustainability Institute. (https://www.postsustainabilityinstitute.org/ ) As a liberal Democrat she has been a district branch chief for the California Dept. of Transportation, commercial appraiser and avid foe of Agenda 21."

Rosa Koire #WalkAwaySFBay
    Jun 15, 2019
    "Rosa Koire, Democrats Against UN Agenda 21, author of Behind The Green Mask, is part of the Walk Away Movement. She’s starting #WalkAwaySFBay because it’s time. Let’s get together and support each other in the San Francisco Bay Area."

https://www.postsustainabilityinstitute.org
    "ANTI-AGENDA 21 LAWSUIT APPEAL FILED! THANK YOU FOR YOUR DONATIONS...PLEASE CONTINUE TO ASSIST WITH THE LEGAL FEES LAWSUIT INFO (CLICK HERE)https://www.postsustainabilityinstit...agenda-21.html
    OUR MISSION
    Post-sustainability: the condition of environmental, political, social, and economic systems after the imposition of Communitarianism.

The Post Sustainability Institute was established to study the impacts that United Nations Agenda 21/Sustainable Development and Communitarianism have on liberty. Our intent is to track the progression of the Sustainability movement and to forecast the most likely outcomes if it proceeds unchecked.

We are a non-partisan, non-governmental think tank based in the United States. It is our intention to provide a clearing house for information on United Nations' alliances with non-governmental and governmental groups seeking to erect Communitarianism as the dominant form of world governance, and to serve as a rallying point for those who oppose the dismantling of liberty. We welcome your participation and assistance.

BEHIND THE GREEN MASK: U.N. AGENDA 21, the new book by Rosa Koire, is available now. Please click here to purchase your copy.

Our partner website: DemocratsAgainstUNAgenda21.com
    explains the basics of how UN Agenda 21 has affected Americans in their towns and counties, and describes what methods are being utilized to impose it upon unwitting citizens.

On that site you'll find discussion and links to UN documents, ICLEI, and various non-governmental organizations with policy making and influencing powers, as well as anti-Communitarian sites, the US Constitution, Bill of Rights, and grassroots whistleblower groups.

The Post Sustainability Institute is a 501 (c)(4) non-profit organization registered in California, United States. "
    Each breath a gift...

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Cara (30th October 2019), Denise/Dizi (4th November 2019), Franny (30th October 2019), Hervé (29th October 2019), Philippe (31st October 2019), RunningDeer (30th October 2019), Satori (30th October 2019)

39. Link to Post #340
    Thanks

Latest information on PG&E power shutoffs, Kincade Fire and other wildfires burning in California.... Live as of this posting

Governor Newsom blamed utility companies for the multiple fires across California.

"It's about corporate greed meeting climate change," Governor Newsom said, connecting wildfires with decades of mismanagement from utility companies.

PG&E gives live update on power shutoffs across northern California 10/29/2019

Quote Stronger winds whip California fires as power cut and homes evacuated
    by Reuters
    Tuesday, 29 October 2019

Thousands of residents have already fled
    LOS ANGELES, Oct 29 (Reuters) - Wind-driven wildfires burned largely uncontrolled in tinder-dry California early on Tuesday, as firefighters battled blazes threatening thousands of homes in a race against time with even stronger gusts expected later.

Thousands of residents have already fled and hundreds of thousands of others were left in the dark with power companies cut off electricity to try to prevent more fires being sparked by snapped cabling in the brushland.

"I know this moment generates a tremendous amount of anxiety," California Governor Gavin Newsom said on Monday about the two major blazes burning at opposite ends of the state.

The latest fire broke out near the Getty Center museum, housing priceless artworks, on the west side of Los Angeles, hundreds of miles from where crews were fighting the biggest and most destructive fire, the Kincade, north of San Francisco.

Los Angeles Lakers basketball great LeBron James, "Terminator" actor and former California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, as well other celebrities, said on Twitter they had been forced to leave their homes.

Weather forecasters are forecasting there could be worse to come.

"The worst of this (weather) is coming later today and tonight," Marc Chenard, a forecaster with the National Weather Service's Weather Prediction Center, said early on Tuesday.

"The winds in the south will really pick up, 50-to-70 mph with some gusts up to 80 mph in the Los Angeles mountain area."

The so-called Santa Ana winds in the south could hit their worst levels of the season and last into late Thursday, Chenard said, adding that northern California will not be spared either.

Until at least Wednesday, in the bone-dry wine country about 70 miles north of San Francisco, winds will hit up to 65 mph in the mountain areas and 35 mph in the valleys and coast, he said.

POWER CUTS

Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) said early on Tuesday that almost 600,000 more electric customers would have their power shut off, starting early in the day, as a fire prevention measure ahead of the wind storms.

This is on top of the 970,000 customers already shut off, although about half of those were restored by Monday night, the company announced.

As of early Tuesday, the Kincade fire had scorched more than 74,000 acres, destroyed 123 homes and other structures and was 15 percent contained as it burned across parts of Sonoma County's picturesque wine country, state fire officials said.

The governor said he was confident that firefighters had secured enough perimeters around the Kincade fire that it no longer posed an imminent threat to two communities north of Santa Rosa, although he conceded the fight was not over.

The so-called Getty fire covered more than 600 acres in the scrub-covered hills around Interstate 405, near some of the city's most expensive homes.

It destroyed eight structures and was 5 percent contained, officials said.

The Getty fire prompted the University of California at Los Angeles, about 2 miles (3 km) from the Getty Center, to close for the day, along with a number of public schools.

Los Angeles Fire Chief Ralph Terrazas said his firefighters had told him "they were literally overwhelmed" in the early hours of the Getty fire. "They had to make some tough decisions on which houses they were able to protect."

Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti told a news conference property losses could rise, urging residents in the mandatory evacuation zone, which encompasses more than 10,000 homes and businesses, to get out quickly.

The cause of the Kincade fire in Sonoma County, where 190,000 people were ordered to evacuate, remained under investigation.

(Reporting by Rich McKay in Atlanta; additional reporting by Lisa Richwine in Los Angeles; Steve Gorman and Dan Whitcomb in Los Angeles, and Jonathan Allen in New York and Noel Randewich in San Francisco; Editing by Alison Williams)
    Quote Anger mounts as utility imposes more blackouts in California
    By JANIE HAR and JOCELYN GECKER

SAN RAFAEL, Calif. (AP) — With no electricity for the fourth straight day Tuesday, chef and caterer Jane Sykes realized she would have to throw out $1,000 worth of food, including trays of brownies, cupcakes and puff pastry.

She also had little hope of getting a good night’s sleep — there was no way to run the machine she relies on to counter her apnea.

“I don’t think PG&E really thought this through,” she lamented.

Frustration and anger mounted across Northern California on Tuesday as the state’s biggest utility, Pacific Gas & Electric, began another round of widespread blackouts aimed at preventing its electrical equipment from sparking wildfires in high winds.

Millions of people have been without power for days as fire crews race to contain two major wind-whipped blazes that have destroyed dozens of homes at both ends of the state: in Sonoma County wine country and in the hills of Los Angeles.

Across Northern California, people worried about charging cellphones and electric vehicles, finding gasoline and cash, and keeping their food from spoiling and staying warm. They donned headlamps at home and parked their cars outside inoperable automatic garage doors.

Some ended up at centers set up by PG&E where people could go to power their electronics and get free water, snacks, flashlights and solar lanterns.

Los Angeles braces for more wind-driven fires
    Oct 29, 2019

Wildfire fight continues as high winds approach
    Oct 29, 2019

“There’s a hidden cost,” Sykes said. “Absolutely public safety above all else, but there’s a big financial loss for my profession, having to throw away a lot of hard work.”

PG&E said Tuesday’s blackouts — the third round in a week — would affect about 1.5 million people in 29 counties, including 1 million still without power from a shut-off over the weekend.

The outages have made people like Linda Waldron, a mother of two who lives north of San Francisco in San Rafael, realize the things we take for granted.

She discovered she was low on gas and began to panic as she drove around looking for an open gas station. She wound up driving to San Francisco, about 20 miles (32 kilometers) away, before she found one. She also stocked up on cash after realizing she had only $1 in her wallet.

“What if we needed to evacuate and I had no gas in the car?” she said as her 5-year-old daughter and 3-year-old son cavorted at a playground. “I didn’t even think about gas and cash because I’m too busy with these guys.”

In Placer County, Angel Smith relied on baby wipes and blankets to keep her 13-month-old son Liam warm and clean. The family has been without power since Saturday night and cannot draw well water without electricity.

She ran a cord from her neighbors’ generator to keep her phone and tablet charged so the two could watch movies. Temperatures were expected to drop below freezing overnight in parts of Northern California.

“The hardest part about this for me has been making sure I keep my son warm as it gets cold here,” Smith said.

In Mendocino County, officials say they are struggling to keep the public informed because they can’t trust the information they’re getting from PG&E.

“The issue isn’t even all of the power shutoffs,” said Carmel Angelo, the county’s chief executive. “It’s the lack of communication. It’s letting people think they’re getting their power back.”

After the weekend shutoff, some people were led to believe the power would come back Monday and that the next round of outages would avoid Mendocino’s most populous areas. But Angelo said she learned Tuesday that the outage was still in effect because of two damaged transmission lines dozens of miles away Marin County.

If people knew the lights would be out for a week they could’ve planned accordingly, she said. It’s been especially troublesome for those who need oxygen. Some of the trucks that resupply oxygen have been caught in long delays for gas, and some patients have been admitted to the emergency room as a precaution, she said.

Mendocino residents Suzanne Lemley Schein and her husband, Glenn, lost power on Saturday and have been spending the time since playing backgammon by candlelight and going to bed early.

They haven’t been able to rent out a studio on their property, or even offer it to wildfire evacuees, because it has no power or water.

She said she doesn’t like “the power that PG&E has over all of us,” she said. “This has crippled us in a lot of ways.”

Sykes, the caterer, is among some people in well-to-do Marin County, north of San Francisco, who have been without power since Saturday.

She lives in San Rafael but works in San Francisco, so she has “civilization during the day,” but she said it is eerie to drive along darkened highways. She hasn’t opened her freezer since the outage and is not looking forward to it.

“I’m pretty sure it’s not going to be salvageable,” she said.

PG&E, which is in bankruptcy after its equipment was blamed for a string of disastrous fires over the past three years, including a blaze that all but destroyed the town of Paradise and killed 85 people, has said its foremost concern is public safety.

But Gov. Gavin Newsom and top utility regulators have accused the company of mismanaging its power system and failing for decades to make the investments needed to make it more durable. He and others have also complained that the utility has botched the outages by not keeping the public adequately informed.

PG&E said Monday its power lines may have started two smaller wildfires over the weekend in a part of the San Francisco Bay Area, where the utility had kept the lights on because it was not designated a high fire risk.

Lafayette resident Vicki McCaslin, 60, was evacuated during one of those fires and wasn’t happy to have the power back on Tuesday morning.

“I’m scared to death,” she said at a Starbucks in Lafayette, where people have gathered to charge phones over the past few days. “I don’t want it on if there’s strong winds tonight.

The California Public Utilities Commission plans to open an investigation that could result in fines against PG&E.

The commission said it also plans to review the rules governing blackouts, will look to prevent utilities from charging customers when the power is off and will convene experts to find grid improvements that might lessen shut-offs next fire season.

The state can’t continue experiencing such widespread blackouts, “nor should Californians be subject to the poor execution that PG&E in particular has exhibited,” PUC President Marybel Batjer said in a statement.

___

Gecker reported from Orinda, California. Associated Press writer Stefanie Dazio contributed from Los Angeles.
    Last edited by Delight; 30th October 2019 at 01:05.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (4th November 2019), Franny (30th October 2019), onawah (30th October 2019), RunningDeer (30th October 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst 1 7 17 23 LastLast