Thread: Take Back Your Power - 2017 smart meter documentary

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,026 times in 8,167 posts

Default Take Back Your Power - 2017 smart meter documentary

Take Back Your Power 2017 (Official) - smart meter documentary

Josh del Sol
    Published on 23 Aug 2018

The award-winning documentary TAKE BACK YOUR POWER 2017 uncovers the shocking story behind why hundreds of local governments and millions of ratepayers are standing against the multi-billion dollar rollout of 'smart’ utility meters. Take a journey of revelation, examining evidence of in-home surveillance, hundreds of home fires and several fatalities, systemic over-billing, health risks, unprecedented hacking vulnerability, and even extortion.

The insightful and often astounding new material in this 2017 final cut exposes the agenda behind smart meters with even more clarity. And the way to solution is also opened, as the forthcoming sequel – the InPower Movement – is introduced.

With compelling insight from whistleblowers, government agents, lawyers, doctors, researchers and environmentalists, Josh del Sol’s TAKE BACK YOUR POWER investigates the claimed benefits and emerging risks of a profit-based global initiative that seeks to change the way we live. What you’ll discover will surprise, unsettle and ultimately empower you.

WINNER: Leo Award, Best Feature Documentary Program in British Columbia

WINNER: AwareGuide Transformational Film of the Year

WINNER: IndieFest Annual Humanitarian Award

WINNER: NaturalHealth365 Film Of The Year
    Last edited by norman; 25th August 2018 at 23:10.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

2. The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Art (25th August 2018), avid (25th August 2018), Blacklight43 (24th August 2018), BMJ (4th September 2018), chancy (24th August 2018), Flash (24th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (24th August 2018), happyuk (25th August 2018), ichingcarpenter (24th August 2018), Jad (24th August 2018), Jayke (24th August 2018), jjjones (25th August 2018), justntime2learn (24th August 2018), Kate (25th August 2018), Mari (24th August 2018), meeradas (13th November 2018), Melinda (24th August 2018), Michelle Marie (25th August 2018), Pam (17th October 2018), Sadieblue (25th August 2018), selinam (24th August 2018), Sunny-side-up (25th August 2018), tcjim1 (24th August 2018), Tintin (25th August 2018), toppy (25th August 2018), Wansen (4th September 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Great Britain Avalon Member Mari's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,290 times in 672 posts

Default Re: Take Back Your Power - 2017 smart meter documentary

Thank you Norman, well worth watching. I smelled a rat when these were first proposed & vowed never to have one.
    Here's a good UK site for those 'new' to the controversy, although there are others....

http://stopsmartmeters.org.uk/

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mari For This Post:

avid (25th August 2018), BMJ (4th September 2018), chancy (24th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (24th August 2018), happyuk (25th August 2018), jjjones (25th August 2018), Kate (25th August 2018), Melinda (24th August 2018), Michelle Marie (25th August 2018), norman (25th August 2018), Pam (17th October 2018), toppy (25th August 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 times in 699 posts

Hello Everyone:

I hate my smart meter BUT you won't have power in Alberta if you don't accept the smart meter. You don't get to say yes or no. You get home and it's installed.
    Anyone in Alberta know how to get the smart meter removed?
    chancy

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to chancy For This Post:

BMJ (4th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (25th August 2018), jjjones (25th August 2018), Kate (25th August 2018), Michelle Marie (25th August 2018), norman (25th August 2018), Pam (17th October 2018), toppy (25th August 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,097 times in 2,584 posts

You could get involved in the InPowerMovement.

Here's a thread about it:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1243553

Direct link to their website:
    www.inpowermovement.com

We show the movie posted above at our informational events. We just had one last night.

MM
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

BMJ (4th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (25th August 2018), jjjones (25th August 2018), norman (25th August 2018), Pam (17th October 2018), Tintin (25th August 2018), toppy (25th August 2018), Valerie Villars (26th August 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,050 times in 521 posts

I find this control like what they are doing with the internet.... Please see my post on that.
    Its control over the one's that don't either have a clue or a choice. Hell ... Florida makes it almost illegal to go off the grid and supply your own electricity. If I had a house I would have one of Musk's wall and solar roof thing he does.

I live full time in a 28' RV 96 safari trek with 400 watts of solar panels and all led for my lighting, almost finished with that.
    I stay at a RV park right now that costs me $350 a month which includes water sewage, trash and internet then plus electric power which is now running me $18 a month after improving my RV self capabilities.. This works for me on my meger SS. Don't travel much because these things are gas hogs. I also have an electric mountain bike that gets me around town which I can power off my panels. It cost me $225 plus shipping. My fridge goes either electric or LP gas... LP gas runs me 1/3 price of electric. I plan on buying better lithium batteries for my RV when I save up in 3 months if I save..

If I owned land and had access to a running stream there are some really good mini turbines that can help with your energy load.

Very important video.......they want to throttle your energy just like the internet and make you more dependent on the energy companies.

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ichingcarpenter For This Post:

BMJ (4th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (25th August 2018), happyuk (25th August 2018), Hym (25th August 2018), jjjones (25th August 2018), Mari (25th August 2018), Michelle Marie (25th August 2018), Pam (17th October 2018), toppy (25th August 2018), Valerie Villars (26th August 2018), Wansen (4th September 2018)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

You're on the right track--diminish, then eliminate the dependence on the power grid.

We were deceived from the beginning. Tesla technology could have been used for free energy for all. Instead, technology was usurped and weaponized.

We can set a collective intention to make the usurpers (power & tech companies) obsolete and implement innovative solutions. In my cosmology, this is where we are headed.

No fight. No conflict. Just walk away.

We will figure this out and do it.

I had some friends that made a homemade little wood stove for their RV. I've always loved that idea. I had a wood stove in my cabin. Sometimes I used it for cooking, even though I had a gas stove. It was great for heat. I used my oil lamps when the electricity went out. There was a creek next to the cabin. For short periods of time, I was off the grid, and it felt so good.

Even now, once having had that experience, I know We don't really NEED the power companies. Soon, they will be gone. Especially when people realize they are weaponizing our homes with Smart meters, Smart Grids, the Internet of Things, fusion centers, and their integrative systems using Directed Energy Weapons.

That's why this film is so important. We need to realize what's really going on here.

MM
    Last edited by Michelle Marie; 26th August 2018 at 01:32.
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

BMJ (4th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (25th August 2018), ichingcarpenter (25th August 2018), jjjones (25th August 2018), Mari (25th August 2018), Pam (17th October 2018), Tintin (25th August 2018), Valerie Villars (26th August 2018)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Sounds like you have a pretty good set up, itchingcarpenter! Nice to have a family like Avalon, isn't it?!

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

BMJ (4th September 2018), ichingcarpenter (25th August 2018), jjjones (25th August 2018), Mari (25th August 2018), Michelle Marie (26th August 2018), Pam (17th October 2018), Tintin (25th August 2018)

15. Link to Post #8
    Indonesia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,615 times in 274 posts

this is so sad, we live in an apartment block and can't do anything about it... I now have a hunch why my health took a turn when these things were installed this year...

I've cut and pasted this below from : https://www.globalhealingcenter.com/...ter-radiation/

How to Protect Yourself from Smart Meter Radiation

Smart meters have become increasingly prevalent in homes across the world. Their advertised intent is to provide an accurate and concise measurement of home energy usage. However, concerns plague the minds of researchers and everyday individuals over the safety and health effects of these measurement systems. Are smart meters safe? According to the FCC, the World Health Organization, and the FDA, the broadcasting frequencies emitted by smart meters are safe and do not pose a significant concern to human health.

Of course, the WHO also notes that the same radio frequencies used by smart meters may be a potential carcinogen. [1] In other words, the WHO recognizes smart meters as safe, yet recognizes the potential to cause cancer. Does anyone understand the logic behind these two contradictory statements?

How Do Smart Meters Work?
    Smart meters work with two types of radio frequencies: 900MHz and 2.4 GHz. Unlike a cell phone, laptop, or wireless network, you can’t turn off a smart meter. Radiation from this device is being projected through your environment every second of the day.

Many people have complained of unexplained health issues and troubling symptoms following the installation of smart meters in their home. Some of these symptoms include insomnia, fatigue, problems focusing, disorientation, neuropathy, sinus issues, thyroid problems, hyperactivity, and more.

To reduce or eliminate this potent source of RF radiation, you either have to remove the smart meter from your premises or protect yourself from the effects of its high-frequency radiation. Since the first option can be costly and may not be practical, there are a few products on the market that may help protect against the harmful effects smart meter radiation has on the body and mind.

1. Smart Meter Guard (Faraday Cage) – $130.
    This aluminum-mesh cage almost seems too simple to work. To use, all you need to do is place the guard over the smart meter, completely encapsulating the device. That’s it. If needed, you can tighten one of the bolts to provide a better fit. Tests have shown this guard reduces smart meter radiation by 98%. While the guard is steeper in price compared with other options, the upside is that it’s effective, simple, and hassle free. For more information, visit their website. Also, check out these video tests:

Outside the Home
    YouTube Video
    EMF Radiation Blocked! Smart Meter EMF Radiation Protection

Inside the Home

Length: 2 minutes

2. Smart Meter Block by Smart Meter Shields, Inc. – $89
    Similar in concept to the Smart Meter Guard, this economical shield also fits over any smart meter. Made of nickel-coated copper, the Smart Meter Block offers a durable structure designed to endure the elements. The product comes with size-adjusting inserts and a Velcro tension strap to secure the meter. In tests, the shield demonstrates a 99% effectiveness for blocking smart meter radiation. You can also purchase metallic mesh sheets to attach to the wall inside the house for additional shielding. For more information, check out their website.

3. DIY Smart Meter Shield – $55
    Instead of purchasing a ready-made shield, why not make your own? All you need is Reflectix double-sided bubble insulation and aluminum foil tape. Once you’ve gathered these tools, simply follow the YouTube instructional guide (see below). Compared with three different smart meters, this DIY smart meter shield reduced radiation by 90%.

DIY Smart Meter Shield Instructional Video
    YouTube Video
    DIY Smart Meter Shield: light-duty, temporary, portable

Length: 3 minutes

4. RF/EMF Smart Meter Wall Absorbers/Reflectors by LessEMF, Inc.
    Wall shielding materials from LessEMF have been shown to reduce smart meter radiation by up to 95% and are available in many different forms. These forms include wall fabric reflectors (RipStop Silver or Ni/Cu RipStop), wall paints (YShield and CuPro-Cote), and drapes for windows (VeilShield and High Performance Silver Mesh). To maintain protective effects, make sure to protect all shielding materials from moisture, flexing, and abrasion. To learn more, click here.

5. Just Say NO!
    If you prefer not to have a smart meter installed, make your decision known. “Say No to Smart Meters” labels can be purchased from RefuseSmartMeters.com. These labels are meant to demonstrate public opinion over the right to choose against smart meter installation.

According to Refuse Smart Meters, you have the right to:

SAY NO to the Health Effects of Radiation
    SAY NO to Increased Utility Costs
    SAY NO to Required Appliance Replacements
    SAY NO to Invasion of Privacy
    SAY NO to Remote Shut Downs
    SAY NO to Uninsurable Consequences
    One Final Thought
    If anyone chooses to get a cell phone with an RF of 2.4 GHz and hold it against his or her head, that’s their choice. Smart meters, however, are quickly becoming mandatory. They are being placed by power companies (typically with government support) in our homes and places of business. According to these organizations, we don’t have a choice in being bombarded with smart meter radiation. It’s becoming increasingly forced on us, our family, and those around us.

It’s up to us, as individuals, to take responsibility for our health, our family’s health, and the health of our community. To learn more about smart meter concerns, take a look at the complaints and frequently asked questions over at EMF Safety Network.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to spade For This Post:

BMJ (4th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (26th August 2018), Mari (26th August 2018), Michelle Marie (26th August 2018), onawah (26th August 2018), Pam (17th October 2018), Valerie Villars (26th August 2018)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Thanks, Spade!

#5 is most important because the power companies are operating through "Tacit Agreement".

If you don't SAY NO, they are assuming you say yes.

The more people that say NO, the more powerful our voice becomes.

MM

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

BMJ (4th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (26th August 2018), Pam (17th October 2018), Valerie Villars (26th August 2018)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Michelle Marie (here)
    Thanks, Spade!

#5 is most important because the power companies are operating through "Tacit Agreement".

MM

I was called, by a dutifully faithful phone sales rep of a subcontractor of the company I buy my phone, broadband, gas and electric from. That was a couple of months ago.

I had a 5 minute defencive rant at her with not no but hell no ( smart meter ).

She said they might add a fee if I refuse to have one. All I could say, at the time, was, "Yea, that's probably the way they will go about it".

Anyway, I told her I didn't want a smart meter anywhere near me.

There's another factor, in my case. There is almost zero cell tower signal at my house. A smart meter would be cranking away at full power 24/7 trying to handshake with a cell tower. She had almost no idea what I was talking about and definitely nothing to say about it.

I hope the call was recorded and listened to at the highest level.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

BMJ (4th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (26th August 2018), Michelle Marie (26th August 2018), Pam (17th October 2018), Valerie Villars (26th August 2018)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by norman (here)
    Thanks, Spade!

MM

I was called, by a dutifully faithful phone sales rep of a subcontractor of the company I buy my phone, broadband, gas and electric from. That was a couple of months ago.

I had a 5 minute defencive rant at her with not no but hell no ( smart meter ).

She said they might add a fee if I refuse to have one. All I could say, at the time, was, "Yea, that's probably the way they will go about it".

Anyway, I told her I didn't want a smart meter anywhere near me.

There's another factor, in my case. There is almost zero cell tower signal at my house. A smart meter would be cranking away at full power 24/7 trying to handshake with a cell tower. She had almost no idea what I was talking about and definitely nothing to say about it.

I hope the call was recorded and listened to at the highest level.

There are many minions like her that don't know what they are doing or talking about.

It's a daunting task, but I intend to help wake up the minions. I'll share a few articles I wrote about this a little later today.

Good for you!

"Hell no!!!!" LOL

MM

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

BMJ (4th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (26th August 2018), ichingcarpenter (26th August 2018), onawah (26th August 2018), Pam (17th October 2018), Valerie Villars (26th August 2018)

23. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,091 times in 20,639 posts

See: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1244133

There are many minions like her that don't know what they are doing or talking about.

It's a daunting task, but I intend to help wake up the minions. I'll share a few articles I wrote about this a little later today.

Good for you!

"Hell no!!!!" LOL

MM
    Each breath a gift...

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

BMJ (4th September 2018), Michelle Marie (26th August 2018), Pam (17th October 2018), Valerie Villars (26th August 2018)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

How Your Constitutional Right to Privacy Just Became a "Privilege" in the Eyes of Courts

Friday, August 31st 2018 at 10:30 am Written By:
    Josh del Sol Beaulieu

A Federal Appeals Court in Illinois has ruled that “smart” meters facilitate government search – but called this practice “reasonable”. This story involves a collusion between big corporations, courts and a fake-grassroots organization

Sometimes, trusting the wrong people can hurt. Betrayal is one of the worst feelings. Especially when it comes to those who are supposed to be protecting you and your family's rights.

Over the past couple weeks, I've been hearing from several sources about this supposed “win” against utilities pushing “smart” meters. This report, disseminated by Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF), is about a recent Federal Appeals Court ruling on “smart” meter surveillance, in Naperville, Illinois. This so-called journalism by EFF is titled, “Win! Landmark Seventh Circuit Decision Says Fourth Amendment Applies to Smart Meter Data.”

But having seen how it was positioned exactly polar opposite of this report from K.T. Weaver - who lives in Naperville and has been reporting independently on “smart” meter harm for several years - I needed to figure out just what the hell is going on. The title of K.T.'s article is “Federal Court Rules against Consumers on Smart Meters and Privacy Rights.” So, why are the reports so different?

My "aha!" moment on EFF came when, in corresponding with K.T., he sent me this Brasscheck interview with Yasha Levine, a respected truth-teller and author of Surveillance Valley. I have been following some of Yasha's work for several years with great interest.

Before we get into examining Yasha’s claim that the EFF is a giant piece of astroturf, let's dive straight into the facts of the recent court ruling on “smart” meters and privacy.

This development has everything to do with our basic human rights, how legal strategies are being implemented to work against the people, and whom we can and cannot trust when seeking justice.

On August 16, 2018, your 4th Amendment right to privacy in your home just became a "privilege"

continue reading here . . . . . . . . .

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/how...ge-eyes-courts

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

BMJ (4th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (4th September 2018), Pam (17th October 2018)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

"Smart" Meters are becoming a horror story

A smart Corporatocracy

This is about a lot more than just smart meters. I can't recommend it highly enough. It's about the "smart" corporatocracy takeover. Think China, rolled out across the planet.

Question: what's the difference between a politburo at the head of a Communist state and the boardroom at the head of a global corporation?

Answer: Nothing.

Rick D. Hallbeck (Trick D)
    Published on 23 Feb 2017
    Last edited by norman; 17th October 2018 at 13:18.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Alecs (31st October 2019), Pam (17th October 2018)

29. Link to Post #15
    Finland Avalon Member muxfolder's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,851 times in 668 posts

I saw the documentary yesterday and thought I'd post it here but it seems it's already been posted. So I'm bumping this up instead.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to muxfolder For This Post:

Tintin (30th October 2019)

31. Link to Post #16
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

Yes, a very good video.

The old analogue meter gave a physical reading on a number of dials on the front of the unit. It was constructed in such a way that any power used would turn the dials accordingly. It could be bypassed, but it could not be tampered with. In other words, it was completely reliable as a real and true indicator of power consumption that could be trusted by both the consumer and the power company.

Problem is the turning dials take power to turn and multiplied over millions of meters it is a fixed cost to the power company. And this compounded by the army of meter readers is the 4% energy waste the power companies claim they now save with this new smart meter.

The trade-off is that the new meter is electronic and subject to an alterable program. That is, the power consumption is interpreted by a program that cannot be verified as accurate, routinely or otherwise, by the consumer.

Add to this the ability to physically turn off power to the home it is connected to (which makes it a fire hazard due to mechanical moving parts), ability to communicate both peer-to-peer and directly to the control tower (health issues attributed to RF radiation), the issue of right to access, and the fact that the cost of driving the meter has been transferred to the consumer side of the power link, has caused a great deal of contention between the public on the one side and government and the corporations that are pushing this technology through via often questionable practices on the other.

These are some of the issues discussed (paraphrased, some personally expounded upon):

- installers are not electricians, take a 2 week course

- there is no legal requirement to comply

- this seems to be an issue of corporatocracy - the systematic divestment of the public trust to companies not fully liable under international law

- no privacy - capable of tracking all household activities

- money-maker - selling this personal data to third parties - and protected by legislation

- all data stored - can be mined to assemble very accurate personal profiles

- seems based on a scarcity principle, although not well explained why

- health effects - standards set too high while studies from 1960s shows ill effects from 1/10th the exposure, personal testimonies

- 'dirty' electricity - cause most of the ill effects - although claimed otherwise, electricians do not know about this and if they do they cannot explain it or mitigate its effects without further training

- tied to fascism...

- seems to be an organized cover-up from a very high level

- the whole scam works on implied consent and the fear of the uninformed

- is a symptom of the disease and not the disease itself

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

muxfolder (30th October 2019), Trisher (31st October 2019)

+ Reply to Thread