+ Reply to Thread

Thread: For those with eye floaters that are getting worse: I swear by MSM

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,050 times in 521 posts

Default For those with eye floaters that are getting worse: I swear by MSM

I've had floaters since my late 20s and now that I'm in my upper sixties they had gotten worse and getting darker .

I've been using MSM eye drops for half a year and the floaters are now regressing. Last month my supply ran out and the floaters started getting worse again. I got a new supply and within a week the floaters were regressing once again. IT WORKS

MSM is used and recognized in Europe as a healthy supplement for years but not so much in the US. I also put a drop in my ears as well as my eyes 3 times a day.

MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) also helps other ailments. The liquid form I use also has vitamin C in it.....

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ichingcarpenter For This Post:

astridmari (28th August 2018), Deux Corbeaux (26th August 2018), Foxie Loxie (26th August 2018), genevieve (26th August 2018), gs_powered (27th August 2018), holistic1 (26th August 2018), Lettherebelight (26th August 2018), Magnus (31st August 2018), RunningDeer (26th August 2018), samildamach (26th August 2018), Sunny-side-up (26th August 2018), thepainterdoug (26th August 2018), toppy (26th August 2018), Trisher (26th August 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,269 times in 3,170 posts

Default Re: For those with eye floaters that are getting worse: I swear by MSM

thanks iching c I have them, love to get rid of or minimize them, will look into it. whats the protocol ? diluted? and how etc?

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (26th August 2018), genevieve (26th August 2018), ichingcarpenter (27th August 2018), Sunny-side-up (26th August 2018), toppy (26th August 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,071 times in 456 posts

Yes, floaters here as well.

MSM, other than in capsules, is difficult to buy in Europe. One can order liquid MSM from Texas, USA by Amazon, but then the shipping ($19) costs more than the bottle.

So I ordered MSM powder and contact lens liquid. Also a pipette bottle of 10 ml at the pharmacy.

What I will do is this.
    Mix the liquid with half a teaspoon of MSM and let the MSM dissolve.
    One will have to experiment with how much MSM I guess.
    If the concentration is too high, it will be a huge prick in my eye I suppose.

I'll drip 1 or 2 drops twice a day in both eyes. I think that will do ???

If I notice no improvement at all, it is not for me, but at least I tried.
    Last edited by Deux Corbeaux; 26th August 2018 at 12:58.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Deux Corbeaux For This Post:

ichingcarpenter (27th August 2018), Sunny-side-up (26th August 2018), Tam (28th August 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Quote Posted by thepainterdoug (here)
    thanks iching c I have them, love to get rid of or minimize them, will look into it. whats the protocol ? diluted? and how etc?
    I have tried three brands of liquid MSM so far and the brand that gives one the most bang for the money is ''dexterity health'' out of NY in a 4oz a bottle .... I got two bottles including shipping for $35 from Amazon. Just got an email from them which said this

''For usage as eye drops, the recommended usage is 3-5 drops applied 3-5 times per day. The reason for a range is because how many drops to use, and how often, depends on how you respond to the drops. Our recommendation is to start with a smaller number of drops and smaller frequencies, usually 1-2 drops applied 1-2 times per day, and then work your way up until you receive the desired results.

You will notice that the label does not contain these instructions for usage as eye drops. When we first designed this product, we had in mind for internal consumption. Over time, we found that most of our customers were using it as eye drops – and with great results! When we reprint the labels, we plan to update the label to indicate usage as eye drops.''

I'm getting great results already and yes the first two companies I dealt with were very expensive including shipping and only contained 1 oz. I was able to get MSM eye drops in Denmark at the apoteck without a prescription but they were expensive too...don't know much about France's availability Deux Corbeaux.... maybe you can find them at the european amazon store.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ichingcarpenter For This Post:

Deux Corbeaux (26th August 2018), Pieman (2nd September 2019), RunningDeer (26th August 2018), Sunny-side-up (26th August 2018), thepainterdoug (26th August 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,706 times in 8,941 posts

Eye floaters are the eye’s kind of gelatine that has detached and floats around, mainly found in very myopic people. I wonder by which mecanism eye floaters could decrease since this gelatine like substance is pretty stable in quantity in the eye

In fact, I wonder about the risks involved - does the MSM dries the gelatine? In which case there might be unforeseen consequences? Or does it in fact works on developing catarats, which would be wholly beneficial, but mistaken for increasing floaters?

Anyone knows how it works on floaters, in a biochemical way and why it gives results?
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Sunny-side-up (26th August 2018)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks

Some information on MSM (METHYLSULFONYLMETHANE)

OTHER NAME(S): Crystalline DMSO, Dimethylsulfone, Diméthylsulfone, Dimethyl Sulfone MSM, DMSO2, Methyl Sulfone, Methyl Sulfonyl Methane, Methyl Sulphonyl Methane, Méthyle Sulfonyle Méthane, Méthyle Sulphonyle Méthane, Méthylsulfonylméthane, Metilsulfonilmentano, MSM, Sulfone de Diméthyle MSM, Sulfone de Méthyle, Sulfonyl Sulfur.

Overview Information

Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) is a chemical found in green plants, animals, and humans. It can also be made in a laboratory. MSM has become popular because of the book The Miracle of MSM: The Natural Solution for Pain. But there is little published scientific research to support its use. Contrary to some literature that promotes MSM, there is no Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) for MSM or sulfur, which is in MSM. Sulfur deficiency has not been described in the medical literature.

People take MSM by mouth and apply it to the skin for chronic pain, osteoarthritis, joint inflammation, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, inflammation around the joints (bursitis), tendinitis, swelling around the tendons (tenosynovitis), musculoskeletal pain, muscle cramps, hardened skin condition called scleroderma, scar tissue, stretch marks, hair loss, wrinkles, protection against sun/wind burn, eye inflammation, oral hygiene, gum disease, wounds, cuts, and abrasions/accelerated wound healing.

People also take MSM by mouth for relief of allergies, chronic constipation, "sour stomach", ulcers, a bowel disease called diverticulosis, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), mood elevation, obesity, poor circulation, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol. It is also taken by mouth for type 2 diabetes, liver problems, Alzheimer's disease, to control snoring, lung disorders including emphysema and pneumonia, chronic fatigue syndrome, autoimmune disorders (systemic lupus erythematous), HIV infection and AIDS, and cancer (breast cancer and colon cancer).

MSM is also taken by mouth for eye inflammation, mucous membrane inflammation, temporomandibular joint (TMJ) problems, leg cramps, migraine, headaches, hangover, parasitic infections of the intestinal and urogenital tracts including Trichomonas vaginalis and Giardia, yeast infection, insect bites, radiation poisoning, and to boost the immune system.

How does it work?

MSM might supply sulfur to make other chemicals in the body.

Uses & Effectiveness

Muscle damage caused by exercise. Research shows that taking MSM daily beginning 10 days before a 14 km running exercise can help reduce muscle damage.

Hemorrhoids. Research shows that applying a specific gel containing MSM together with hyaluronic acid and tea tree oil (Proctoial, BSD Pharma, Italy) for 14 days can reduce pain, bleeding, and irritation in people with hemorrhoids.

Osteoarthritis. Research shows that taking MSM by mouth in two to three divided doses daily, either alone or together with glucosamine, can slightly reduce pain and swelling and improve function in people with osteoarthritis. But the improvements might not be clinically significant. Also, MSM might not improve stiffness or overall symptoms. Taking an MSM product (Lignisul, Laborest Italia S.p.A., Italy) together with boswellic acid (Triterpenol, Laborest Italia S.p.A., Italy) daily for 60 days might reduce the need for anti-inflammatory drugs but does not reduce pain. Also, early research suggests that taking a combination product containing MSM (AR7 Joint Complex, Robinson Pharma, Orange County, CA) by mouth for 12 weeks improves rating scores for joint pain and tenderness in people with osteoarthritis, but does not improve the appearance of joints.

Possibly Ineffective for

Varicose veins and other circulatory problems (chronic venous insufficiency). Research shows that applying MSM and EDTA to the skin can reduce swelling in the calf, ankle, and foot in people with chronic venous insufficiency. But applying MSM alone seems to actually increase swelling.

Exercise performance. Research shows that taking MSM daily for 28 days does not improve exercise performance. Also, applying a specific cream containing MSM (MagPro, Custom Prescription Shoppe, Augusta, GA) before stretching does not seem to improve flexibility of endurance.

Insufficient Evidence for

Hay fever
    . Early research suggests that taking MSM (OptiMSM 650 mg) by mouth for 30 days can relieve some symptoms of hay fever.

Shoulder surgery. Early research suggest that taking a specific combination product containing MSM (Tenosan, Agave s.r.l., Prato, Italy) for 3 months can reduce pain after surgery and slightly improve healing. But it does not seem to help the overall function of the shoulder after surgery
    Joint pain. Research shows that taking a specific combination product (Instaflex Joint Support, Direct Digital, Charlotte, NC) containing MSM daily for 8 weeks reduces joint pain. But this product does not seem to improve stiffness or function.

Rosacea. Research shows that applying an MSM cream to the skin twice daily for one month can improve redness and other symptoms of rosacea.

Tendon pain due to overuse. Early research suggests that taking a specific combination product containing MSM (Tenosan, Agave s.r.l., Prato, Italy) might improve the outcomes of extracorporeal shock wave therapy (ESWT) in people with tendon pain. But it is not clear if the benefits are from MSM or other ingredients in this product.

Allergies.
    Alzheimer's disease.
    Asthma.
    Autoimmune disorders.
    Cancer.
    Chronic pain.
    Constipation.
    Dental disease.
    Eye swelling.
    Fatigue.
    Fatigue.
    Hair loss.
    Hangover.
    Hangover.
    Headaches and migraines.
    High blood pressure.
    High cholesterol.
    HIV/AIDS.
    Insect bites.
    Leg cramps.
    Liver problems.
    Lung problems.
    Mood elevation.
    Muscle and bone problems.
    Obesity.
    Parasite infections.
    Poor circulation.
    Premenstrual syndrome (PMS).
    Protection against sun/wind burn.
    Radiation poisoning.
    Scar tissue.
    Snoring.
    Stomach upset.
    Stretch marks.
    Type 2 diabetes.
    Wrinkles.
    Wounds.
    Yeast infections.
    Other conditions.

More evidence is needed to rate MSM for these uses.

Side Effects & Safety

MSM is POSSIBLY SAFE for most people when taken by mouth for up to 3 months or when applied to the skin in combination with other ingredients, such as silymarin or hyaluronic acid and tea tree oil, for up to 20 days. In some people, MSM might cause nausea, diarrhea, bloating, fatigue, headache, insomnia, itching, or worsening of allergy symptoms.

Special Precautions & Warnings:

Pregnancy and breast-feeding: There is not enough reliable information about the safety of taking MSM if you are pregnant or breast feeding. Stay on the safe side and avoid use.

Varicose veins and other circulatory problems (chronic venous insufficiency): Applying a lotion that contains MSM to the lower limbs can increase swelling and pain in people with varicose veins and other circulatory problems.

https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/in...ulfonylmethane

This site gives no information about liquid eye/ear treatment with MSM.
    Last edited by Deux Corbeaux; 26th August 2018 at 15:59.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Deux Corbeaux For This Post:

ichingcarpenter (26th August 2018), Pieman (2nd September 2019), RunningDeer (26th August 2018), Tam (28th August 2018)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by Deux Corbeaux (here)
    Yes, floaters here as well.

MSM, other than in capsules, is difficult to buy in Europe. One can order liquid MSM from Texas, USA by Amazon, but then the shipping ($19) costs more than the bottle.

So I ordered MSM powder and contact lens liquid. Also a pipette bottle of 10 ml at the pharmacy.

What I will do is this.
    Mix the liquid with half a teaspoon of MSM and let the MSM dissolve.
    One will have to experiment with how much MSM I guess.
    If the concentration is too high, it will be a huge prick in my eye I suppose.

I'll drip 1 or 2 drops twice a day in both eyes. I think that will do ???

If I notice no improvement at all, it is not for me, but at least I tried.
    Eyedrops need to be just slightly acidic to be absorbed into the eye - which would be needed to help with floaters. This is why Iching's brand he is using has vitamin C in it - the Vitamin C is an acid that will lower the PH. You want just slightly lower PH than they eye itself - too much acid will burn the heck out of you eyes. You may need a PH tester and find out what the exact PH of the human eye is to get the formula just right. Also make sure it's sterile if possible - bacteria and such love the eyes as it's the easiest point of entry into the body. Personally, I probably wouldn't make my own for this reason.

I can vouch that MSM is an amazing supplement, by supplying large amounts of organic sulfur, it just makes everything work better. The trick with it though is that it only does it's job as cells are replicating - so faster cell growth areas in the body such as skin, hair, eyes, and digestive all reap the initial benefits of taking MSM, with other parts following suit later. most cells in the human body are replaced within 10 years, surface skin, eyes and digestive, a couple months, and deeper skin up to a year or more. Therefore MSM is a supplement that works best when taken long term. As an eyedrop, it should work fairly quickly as your eye cells are constantly replicating.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Deux Corbeaux (26th August 2018), ichingcarpenter (26th August 2018), RunningDeer (26th August 2018)

15. Link to Post #8
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks

DeDukshyn, I can add some vitamin C powder, or perhaps lemon essential oil drops?
    Of course the contact lens liquid is sterile.

16. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,557 times in 20,694 posts

I read somewhere (maybe here) that MMS helps reduce the damage done in the digestive system by glyphosate.
    I wonder if it could be mass produced and effective in getting rid of algae blooms in our lakes and rivers, which seem to be getting worse, possibly because of all the Roundup being sprayed everywhere.
    Here in Arkansas the Buffalo River is being made toxic by a combination of hog feces and algae blooms, and even the Great Lakes are having problems with the latter:
    http://undergroundreporter.org/round...-algae-blooms/
    update Correction:I should have read this thread more carefully before posting.I thought it was about MMS or what Jim Humble calls Miracle Mineral Supplement (chlorine dioxide) which has been found by Dr. Stephanie Senoff to be effective in ridding the body of glysophate. See: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1244740
    More apolgies!
    Last edited by onawah; 31st August 2018 at 17:55.
    Each breath a gift...

17. Link to Post #10
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,902 times in 15,481 posts

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    I read somewhere (maybe here) that MSM helps reduce the damage done in the digestive system by glyphosate.
    [...]
    To clarify a little confusion between all these acronyms:

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ms#post1242552

Where Stephanie Seneff talks about CD (chlorine dioxide = Jim Humble's MMS AKA Miracle Mineral Solution)

MSM in this case is not Main Stream Media but Methylsulfonylmethane
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

onawah (26th August 2018), Pieman (2nd September 2019), RunningDeer (26th August 2018)

19. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,557 times in 20,694 posts

Apologies. Corrected that.
    Each breath a gift...

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Hervé (26th August 2018), RunningDeer (26th August 2018)

21. Link to Post #12
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by Deux Corbeaux (here)
    DeDukshyn, I can add some vitamin C powder, or perhaps lemon essential oil drops?
    Of course the contact lens liquid is sterile.
    Vitamin C powder would be best, as it would be much more pure. Just don't do too much or it will hurt.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Deux Corbeaux (26th August 2018)

23. Link to Post #13
    Portugal Avalon Member gs_powered's Avatar
    Thanks

Very interesting, definitely looking into this. I have a few floaters on my right eye, and when reading it tends to hoover always on the words I'm reading, very annoying

24. The Following User Says Thank You to gs_powered For This Post:

ichingcarpenter (27th August 2018)

25. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

This is the only place I talked about msm in the last two years on the net. Guess what? Youtube shows me 3 MSM videos within 24 hours after I post this on my home youtube channel... that's getting creepy now it wasn't that bad years ago

+ Reply to Thread