+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Collective soul species?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,331 times in 2,365 posts

Default Collective soul species?

Wasps: My shed used to get explored by wasps and they would get caught. Shooing them out did no good. I found the only language they (the queen?) understood was killing them. After awhile they stopped coming.

Mice: My cat brought in some mice to the house. My attempt to kill them is proving difficult. First I put down a standard spring trap with peanut butter and quickly got two in the bedroom. Then I noticed the peanut butter was being licked off the trap without springing it. Then the oddest thing: A mouse woke me up to put more food on the trap so he could steal it. It started shaking things until I woke up and re-set the trap. It started teasing me so I would keep baiting the trap. It would approach the trap and, when I got up it would withdraw a short distance. Out of total luck I managed to clobber it with the edge of a flip-flop, which injured it enough to kill it. But now the trap in the hall closet is successfully raided of peanut butter or cheese every night, even when I superglued the cheese to the trigger. It seems like the mice just keep getting smarter!

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Arcturian108 (1st September 2018), Ba-ba-Ra (1st September 2018), DeDukshyn (31st August 2018), Flash (31st August 2018), gnostic9 (1st September 2018), Hervé (31st August 2018), onawah (2nd September 2018), william r sanford72 (1st September 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Ascension's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,106 times in 201 posts

Default Re: Collective soul species?

Hmm, if we are the mice, and population control is the objective, then we can expect to see more missing trillions being funneled into large weapons in the shape of flip-flops? Sorry, I could not resist the absurd notion of a huge flip-flop of mass destruction.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ascension For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (1st September 2018), DeDukshyn (31st August 2018), gnostic9 (1st September 2018), onawah (2nd September 2018), Orph (31st August 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Species do have collective consciousnesses - some species stronger than others, but there has been anecdote after anecdote of good evidence that it is pretty much indisputable.

Here is an MSM article on the subject: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ciousness.html

Quote Are we all PSYCHIC? Scientists believe that animals - including humans - have a collective consciousness

- Behaviours found to spread throughout species seemingly telepathically
    - These behaviours were adopted among groups that had never met
    - This led scientists to believe they're spread via a collective consciousness
    - Blue tits and macaques among species that share behaviours this way
    - Report in 2010 claimed to have proved humans have similar psychic skills
    - However, these claims have been dismissed some scientists in more recent reports
    Knowing this ... you can see the effects of mass advertising / propaganda have whole new dimension of effectiveness ... very dangerous.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (1st September 2018), gnostic9 (1st September 2018), NeedleThreader (31st August 2018), Sunny-side-up (1st September 2018), Wind (1st September 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,902 times in 15,481 posts

... the 100th mouse effect by the 1000s!

There is the pervasive, widespread contamination of minds by contagion;

or,

... there is also active teaching:
    Dolphin teaches mates how to walk on water after learning trick in captivity (VIDEO)

"La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (1st September 2018), gnostic9 (1st September 2018), NeedleThreader (31st August 2018), Valerie Villars (1st September 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,098 times in 155 posts

If interested, you should also read up a bit on 'the noosphere', or sphere or human thought, much like the atmosphere, and ionosphere.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noosphere

This whole idea is so legit, that Princeton University has a whole program on this called "The Global Consciousness Program". http://noosphere.princeton.edu

Just a snippet from their webpage:

"When human consciousness becomes coherent, the behavior of random systems may change. Random number generators (RNGs) based on quantum tunneling produce completely unpredictable sequences of zeroes and ones. But when a great event synchronizes the feelings of millions of people, our network of RNGs becomes subtly structured. We calculate one in a trillion odds that the effect is due to chance. The evidence suggests an emerging noosphere or the unifying field of consciousness described by sages in all cultures.

The Global Consciousness Project is an international, multidisciplinary collaboration of scientists and engineers. We collect data continuously from a global network of physical random number generators located in up to 70 host sites around the world at any given time. The data are transmitted to a central archive which now contains more than 15 years of random data in parallel sequences of synchronized 200-bit trials generated every second.

Our purpose is to examine subtle correlations that may reflect the presence and activity of consciousness in the world. We hypothesize that there will be structure in what should be random data, associated with major global events that engage our minds and hearts.

Subtle but real effects of consciousness are important scientifically, but their real power is more immediate. They encourage us to make essential, healthy changes in the great systems that dominate our world. Large scale group consciousness has effects in the physical world. Knowing this, we can intentionally work toward a brighter, more conscious future.

Explore the website using the main Menu, which is a compact sitemap. In the About section you will find basic information. The Data section provides access to the results including the highly significant bottom line. The Discussion links explain how the science is done. For philosophical and interpretive views, look to the Perspectives menu. Check the Community section for ways to interact."

Take Care

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NeedleThreader For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (1st September 2018), DeDukshyn (31st August 2018), gnostic9 (1st September 2018), Sunny-side-up (1st September 2018)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,123 times in 3,951 posts

On the whole I can guide Wasps and Bees away and out the window by holding my palm out towards them and mentally saying go.
    Dose not work on fly's though
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Valerie Villars (1st September 2018), william r sanford72 (1st September 2018)

13. Link to Post #7
    Australia Avalon Member banafrit's Avatar
    Thanks

i have issue with killing anything...I understand that this may be irrational to some, but I feel every living thing has a right to be alive, they, like us, like to live, we don't want our life taken especially if it is because it is an inconvenience to something else. I value life, so seeing something written about the only way to get a message across is annihilation, ie, death, or that a mouse should have its back and stomach or its head crushed, because its hungry, and your house (built on what was once an open place for any species) happens to have convenient food within it to sate said mouses hunger, then makes it a target to be murdered for no other reason than this tiny minuscule animal came in to get some food. It sounds kind of like we humans think its quite ok to obliterate another creature simply because it suits our needs....hmmm...humans suck to the max in our superiority complex and ego....Maybe Im a weirdo, but i think we should try to accommodate or humanely remove (without the obligatory death sentence) of these somewhat on occasion, unwelcome critters from our home....perhaps also gently or firmly tell them, 'please don't come back'.......

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to banafrit For This Post:

DeDukshyn (2nd September 2018), Sunny-side-up (2nd September 2018), what is a name? (7th September 2018)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,123 times in 3,951 posts

Your defiantly no 'weirdo' banafrit and well said

love you.
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

DeDukshyn (2nd September 2018)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by banafrit (here)
    i have issue with killing anything...I understand that this may be irrational to some, but I feel every living thing has a right to be alive, they, like us, like to live, we don't want our life taken especially if it is because it is an inconvenience to something else. I value life, so seeing something written about the only way to get a message across is annihilation, ie, death, or that a mouse should have its back and stomach or its head crushed, because its hungry, and your house (built on what was once an open place for any species) happens to have convenient food within it to sate said mouses hunger, then makes it a target to be murdered for no other reason than this tiny minuscule animal came in to get some food. It sounds kind of like we humans think its quite ok to obliterate another creature simply because it suits our needs....hmmm...humans suck to the max in our superiority complex and ego....Maybe Im a weirdo, but i think we should try to accommodate or humanely remove (without the obligatory death sentence) of these somewhat on occasion, unwelcome critters from our home....perhaps also gently or firmly tell them, 'please don't come back'.......
    Unless its ants ... ants don't listen very well.

But more seriously - you are right in the sense that we (humans) get carried away with our intolerance and "offendedness" by everything. I tend to leave certain spiders alone in my house - helps get rid of the smaller insects and then I don't have to kill those either. Jumping spiders get my blessing to stay if they wish (because they are cool and one of the very few "human aware" invertebrates); web builders get put outside because I don't need webs in my house.

And being a weirdo doesn't diminish one's ability to make a good point - I make good points all the time.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

18. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,331 times in 2,365 posts

Quote Posted by banafrit (here)
    The mouse agrees with you. As well as the plants you eat. I doubt your cat does, though. Or your body.

+ Reply to Thread