+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dinosaurs - Anyone Know A 'Valid' Reason For Their Extinction?

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,212 times in 348 posts

Default Re: Dinosaurs - Anyone Know A 'Valid' Reason For Their Extinction?

Double take :-)

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Zampano For This Post:

Baby Steps (5th September 2018), DeDukshyn (5th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (4th September 2018), hermit (5th September 2018), meat suit (8th September 2018), Sunny-side-up (4th September 2018), what is a name? (5th September 2018)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,116 times in 3,440 posts

Quote Posted by Cardillac (here)
    all cartoons aside, reptiles are the one one species that have never, ever evolved; alligators and crocodiles are the remnants of dinosoars; should we also throw in snakes, iguanas. etc. into that category?

not only that but no primates, cats, dogs, etc. have evolved much over the millenia- none have learned how to speak among many other things-

only we homo sapiens sapiens have evolved-

Larry
    Hi Larry

I don't think we actually evolved Larry we where altered, manufactured to be of a level and self reliant.

Other hominids inhabit this globe as well, like the Bigfoot which seems to be able to hide in the fringes of our reality by means of paranormal means: Shape-shifting, invisibility and or frequency shifting and even use bio chemical defences like rancid smells that cause panic and flight responses in us.

All reptiles that we are aware of on this planet don't seem to have developed much apart from those that fly (Flying creatures are held in very high esteem by many more spiritual cultures and considered above us (no pun intended))

we Homo Sapien sapiens + how many MK levels more than that are not normal to this planet IMO

It us and the Dino's are all part of this mixed and amazing life show here ha
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (4th September 2018), Mari (6th September 2018), what is a name? (6th September 2018)

5. Link to Post #23
    UK Avalon Member Humblebrightfame's Avatar
    Thanks

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Humblebrightfame For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (5th September 2018), spade (7th September 2018), Sunny-side-up (6th September 2018), what is a name? (5th September 2018)

7. Link to Post #24
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,105 times in 1,376 posts

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    I actually have a bit of a hard time believing they didn't evolve into bipedal, reptilian versions of hominids - it would seem the natural progression of evolution.

Maybe the "reptilians" we refer to as "aliens" are actually our ancient ancestors. Maybe they are the famed "dragons" of ancient lore. Maybe they moved underground and off earth to avoid conflict with ancient humans - maybe the destruction of Atlantis happened as a result of this conflict.

There's a conspiracy theory for each of those, I just threw them altogether.
    Oh really! I thought I "conspired" those on my own (ha ha). Seems plausible to me too. I feel like there maybe a link with immortality too - for example crocodiles don't really die of old age, they just get to be so big that they can't sustain themselves any longer.

Quote Posted by what is a name? (here)
    Could this explain the reptilian influence from abductees testimonies?
    There's got to be a link - that's why I am reading this!

Quote Posted by what is a name? (here)
    Nothing happens by 'accident', did the dinosaur extinction (as we've been told) happen due to a natural disaster, or did they evolve beyond our 3d density/awareness?

If it was a (pre-planned) natural disaster, was this for the greater-good of the Universe, or was it from a negative/control standpoint?

To think that humanoids are the first life forms on Earth to reach this 'pinnacle' is a most human way to think, and of course all religions, education, governments would scoff at any suggestion otherwise - and I would say that is by design - but who's design?
    That's so complicated!
    Maybe we need to define evolution more. " did they evolve beyond our 3d density/awareness? "... I feel like I should Yes, but at the same time I don't think evolve is the right word. Does evolution end at being immortal? I really don't think that it does.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to petra For This Post:

what is a name? (6th September 2018)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

*We do need to define evolution.

Guided vs. non-guided.

Also, it's important to remember that these ideas are speculative/theoretical.

How much does a large vegetarian dinosaur eat? How much poop does a single dinosaur produce?

Jeese.....the tomatos I coulda grown with that kind of fertilizer.

So along the line of speculation! Suppose a small event created a situation in which the plant life that was thriving simply died/vanished? Consider today the massive amount of mega fires that are consuming forests at an alarming rate. Those conditions could exist hypothetically during normal changes in earth climatology, changes that are proported, or even some kind of a fungal infection/mould could take down key plant species. That would in theory create a serious slap in the food chain that would show up down the line as mass extinctions--except, of course, for species that were able to adapt (if you're going to accept one of several models of evolutionary theory).

You don't need the comet. It's a convenient "god of the gap".

Or is it?

Simples solution, even if it's the least interesting of speculations, is probably the most likely.

Time travel McDonald's. Clearly.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hermit For This Post:

petra (5th September 2018), what is a name? (6th September 2018)

11. Link to Post #26
    Great Britain Avalon Member Baby Steps's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 times in 1,347 posts

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    I actually have a bit of a hard time believing they didn't evolve into bipedal, reptilian versions of hominids - it would seem the natural progression of evolution.

Maybe the "reptilians" we refer to as "aliens" are actually our ancient ancestors. Maybe they are the famed "dragons" of ancient lore. Maybe they moved underground and off earth to avoid conflict with ancient humans - maybe the destruction of Atlantis happened as a result of this conflict.

There's a conspiracy theory for each of those, I just threw them altogether.
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Perhaps I listened to too much 'Lacerta' material.

The dinosaurs represented a huge evolutionary leap from other lizards (including Iguanas, Crocodiles etc). Something changed in their hip, that allowed them to stand upright. This frees the front arms to get into holding branches, prey etc. It is also the main change needed for them to move towards tool usage, which according to primate evolution was a driver of the rise of man.

Did the Dino's get that far? Well the iguanadon had a thumb, but it was not opposable, it was a slashing/stabbing weapon. However it DID have an opposable finger.

The next big change to the Dinos was at some point they moved from cold blooded-piokilothermic- (they needed to absorb heat from the environment like all reptiles, so were dependent on a warm environment or basking), to 'warm blooded' - homeothermic, whereby the animal maintains its own temperature within a narrow range in order to maintain body chemistry. This leap requires a much higher consumption of calories, but allows them to live in much colder environments. This leap gave us the mammals and the birds , who sprung from the dinos.

What natural history is a bit fuzzy on is whether there were 'warm blooded' dinosaurs, or was it just proto-birds.(like archeopteryx)

Feathers are the marker, and at the latter stages, there were feathered dinosaurs. Once you get a warm blooded pre-bird dinosaur, certain environments become livable, like the colder climes and caves. You could have had a cave dwelling Dinosaur.

Let's move back to today. If there was a huge asteroid strike - or nuclear war - which humans would survive? The ones who had access to underground refuges.

The Iridium in sediments from the time of the 'extinction' of the Dinosaurs is consistent with a meteor strike rather than a nuclear event. If there was a meteor created winter, the animals that would survive are those who can cope with the cold.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Baby Steps; 5th September 2018 at 18:59.
    we have subcontracted the business of healing people to Companies who profit from sickness.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

DeDukshyn (5th September 2018), hermit (5th September 2018), what is a name? (6th September 2018)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

Isn't there a theory out there that the greys are the result of what happens on earth (read nuclear war) and that they're actually what humans become, travelling backwards in time, for something or other?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to hermit For This Post:

Baby Steps (5th September 2018)

15. Link to Post #28
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,373 times in 2,953 posts

Good "visuals" on the video, Humble! One wonders how many Great Catastrophes there were on this planet?!
    The Great Flood was surely one of them, with so many cultures around the world retaining memories of it!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Baby Steps (6th September 2018), Sunny-side-up (6th September 2018)

17. Link to Post #29
    Great Britain Avalon Member Mari's Avatar
    Thanks

And all because she plucked that apple from the tree? I'm joking of course. Seems there have been many catastrophes & some say we are due another....

Though I've always felt that if it happens, it wont be man-made (we are protected) but rather Earth will 'cleanse' herself. What that may entail is anybody's guess!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mari For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (6th September 2018), what is a name? (6th September 2018)

19. Link to Post #30
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,165 times in 7,082 posts

Quote Posted by Baby Steps (here)
    ... This leap requires a much higher consumption of calories, but allows them to live in much colder environments. This leap gave us the mammals and the birds , who sprung from the dinos.
    One correction to this fine bit of dino history. Mammals did not evolve from Dinosaurs. Very early mammals actually started before dinosaurs, were nearly made extinct, then evolved into more modern mammals alongside the dinosaurs. They dinosaurs mysteriously vanished while the mammals continued to evolve.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Baby Steps (9th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (7th September 2018), hermit (7th September 2018), Sunny-side-up (7th September 2018), what is a name? (7th September 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2