+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: When will ascension happen?

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,361 times in 677 posts

Default Re: When will ascension happen?

Quote Posted by what is a name? (here)
    Unless you yourself actually experience something, you cannot say that it is 'truth' - which is as it should be.

No amount of reading, talk or anything else will give you YOUR truth, only somebody elses - unless you experience it.

Bill has mentioned that he's had an ET experience and if he published that in any mainstream outlet you know what the majority reaction would be - but Bill experienced that himself and that is HIS truth and no amount of coercion would make him change his mind.
    Yes! When something happened to me, I made a vow to myself not to "write it off" or "discount it" in my head, as I had done so many times before. It was simply too profound to ignore. But it's also very personal, and no one else would understand. A bit of an "inside joke" if you will. Joke's on me... no one can understand me (ha ha...)

Quote Posted by what is a name? (here)
    The whole subject of 'ascension', or however you want to label it, is intrinsically linked to just about everything else put forward on this forum, it's just that the 'connections' haven't been fully shown - YET.

Can you guess what side of the fence i'm on? Neither, i'm trying to balance ON the fence.
    Same here. Might I add though, in my case that word "ascension" is extremely off putting. As in, it kind of makes me want to throw up. The idea of "soul evolution" sounds nice to me, but the idea of "ascension" does not. I guess this is why it's called ascension.... from Google Definition Search:

Quote noun
    the act of rising to an important position or a higher level.
    "his ascension to the ranks of pop star"
    the ascent of Christ into heaven on the fortieth day after the Resurrection.
    noun: Ascension

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

greybeard (12th September 2018), what is a name? (13th September 2018), wondering (16th September 2018)

3. Link to Post #42
    Great Britain Avalon Member Mari's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by petra (here)
    Quote Posted by Ernie Nemeth (here)
    Too much DW? If there is an ascension, whatever that may actually mean, 'cause I don't know, then it will happen a long time hence. No one gets a free pass. You don't just wait around for the ascension process to happen. That much I am certain.
    I'm certain too, but I'm also certain that linear time is not what we think it is. In my mind, the end has already happened, and my existence now is akin to watching an old movie. I think that's where the apathy is coming from, and I'm just weary.

I'm not really sure what I am trying to say here, I'd just like to point out that "trying to learn" or "trying to understand" does NOT always work! The key for my understanding seems to be "just keep observing" and "wait and see".

UPDATE: I recall my friend compared "time seeming to speed up" to a runaway train we just can't control, that's kind of how I see it
    It is said that there really is no 'time', that the concept of 'time' only exists here in our linear 3D existence, for our personal experiences to play out. Yes, 'everything' has already happened, according to higher teaching, & I'm not even going to try to get my head around that.

Trying to learn/trying to understand leads us no-where, as the mind cannot comprehend many of the deeper mysteries. I'm giving up trying to figure it all out & am going with the wisdom of not knowing anything. So much easier!
    Agreed, 'time' (our concept of it) is speeding up - no idea of the how & why, but we all feel it playing out as a 'hardly any hours in the day to get things done' feeling.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mari For This Post:

greybeard (12th September 2018), petra (14th September 2018), what is a name? (13th September 2018), wondering (16th September 2018)

5. Link to Post #43
    United States Avalon Member Arcturian108's Avatar
    Thanks

The concept of ‘ascension’ is a logical development in Western history because through Christianity we learned that Christ ascended on the third day following his crucifixion. The Catholic Church prevented its many followers from reading biblical accounts for about a thousand years, as only the clergy were allowed to read until the Protestant Reformation. After that commoners slowly learned to read and write, and the original texts of the Bible were pored over, debated and parts were committed to memory.

By previously having biblical knowledge unavailable to the masses made such knowledge all the more mysterious, and its central figure appear all-powerful, while ordinary folk were made to feel powerless, as well as sinful. This travesty had to be reversed, and with the New Age movement of the 20th-21st centuries there has been an attempt to raise us up to the level of ‘God’ in such statements as “We are all the children of ‘God’” and thus Christ-like, or god-like. The natural result of that idea is to start the talk of ‘ascension’ if we are indeed like Christ.

Since I direct an international spiritual organization that includes Muslims and Buddhists, as well as Christians, I never hear the concept ‘ascension’ from these other cultures, only from Christians. And although my own personal knowledge of other dimensions has made those real for me, I don’t pretend to want to enter those realms, as I don’t regard beings in those realms as necessarily more spiritual than beings in our own dimension. It still depends upon the individual's development.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Arcturian108 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th September 2018), ClearWater (16th September 2018), greybeard (14th September 2018), Hervé (13th September 2018), petra (14th September 2018)

7. Link to Post #44
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,361 times in 677 posts

I've never heard the term 'ascension' before visiting Avalon, and that's probably due to lack of bible study
    I've heard of Christ coming back from the dead of course, just never thought much of it. Sounds like a misunderstanding to me
    In regards to God bringing Jesus back, I don't think so because the God I believe in wouldn't bring people back from the dead... that's just gross

8. Link to Post #45
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,767 times in 641 posts

considering the option that we live in a virtual reality, ascension would be a system upgrade to a higher bandwidth mode of operation.
    inherent to a computer generated environment would be the assumtion that there is 'copy and paste'.... ie. the guys running the show here could copy and paste the existing earth environment and upgrade it with keeping the old one in place. probably that would have been done many times already...

I often think that we are sitting on a planet that had once a totally different gravity and mass ie. suited to dinosours etc. and it has been upgraded to accomodate a different setting like the one we are in.

I have one foot firmly in a much higher frequency world thanks to my work with the sacred plant medicines, I would really appreciate an upcoming upgrade to be fully integrated with both feet in a higher bandwidth world.

if the idea of virtual reality is new to you look into Tom Campbell...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to meat suit For This Post:

DeDukshyn (15th September 2018)

10. Link to Post #46
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 42,415 times in 6,788 posts

Quote Posted by meat suit (here)
    considering the option that we live in a virtual reality, ascension would be a system upgrade to a higher bandwidth mode of operation.
    inherent to a computer generated environment would be the assumtion that there is 'copy and paste'.... ie. the guys running the show here could copy and paste the existing earth environment and upgrade it with keeping the old one in place. probably that would have been done many times already...

I often think that we are sitting on a planet that had once a totally different gravity and mass ie. suited to dinosours etc. and it has been upgraded to accomodate a different setting like the one we are in.

I have one foot firmly in a much higher frequency world thanks to my work with the sacred plant medicines, I would really appreciate an upcoming upgrade to be fully integrated with both feet in a higher bandwidth world.

if the idea of virtual reality is new to you look into Tom Campbell...
    Experiments were done--I cant remember the specifics--a long time ago.
    I seem to remember it was in a controlled vacuum.
    Anyway the scientists could affect enviroment this way --it might have been density.
    The outcome was that species that could not fly in current environment could fly in that environment.
    Could also explain giant humans being a norm.
    Who knows what went before!!

Ascension seems to have been promoted by Dolores Cannon and others, not as a religious thing--more New age perhaps.
    Good guys ascend--bad guys left behind. (not my belief)
    Anything is possible in this illusion---as in, things are not what they seem to be.
    Consciousness condensed into matter.

Chris
    A charity to help African Children become self sufficient. :attention:

http://www.learningtoolsforselfdevelopment.co.uk/

Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

DeDukshyn (15th September 2018)

12. Link to Post #47
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

I have read all the posts up to this point and am happy to be in full agreement with theme of the majority of the posts.

The primary theme appears to be that we should not use the concept of a savior or a savior like event as an excuse to avoid the most arduous pursuit of self realization, as this is the most effective way we can individually and collectively bring about a better world and or a possible ascension event.

The following quote from Indigris' post is where I am drawing from to make what I believe to be a relevant point:

U]
    It's all delusion. Like Ascension nonsense, or now this crap about The Alliance saving us from The Bad Guys. Stupid. There is literally no evidence beyond Wilcock and his ragtag team of cronies telling us this is all happening.
    [/U]

I very respectfully believe Bill and Indigris are painting with too wide of a brush here:

The fact is - there is a plethora of evidence to support the idea that an Ascension could happen. Now, granted, there is no direct evidence (because it has obviously has not occurred - yet) but there is solid scientific, albeit circumstantial, evidence that it may occur.

Hell DW has written 1/2 of entire book and dedicated several gaia wisdom teachings episodes to the scientific evidence and correlative religious teachings on the subject.

My points are this:

1. I believe it is foolish to cognitively commit to the notion that Ascension is nonsense and will not occur when there is a trove of evidence to support the contrary.

2. There is as much (of not more) evidence to support the concept of Ascension occurring as there is for it not occuring, therefore: isn't it better to leave the mind open for the possibility - while using it as motivation in the performance of activities necessary to becoming self realized.

3. By incorporating the above concepts into practice along with possessing an overarching mind pattern/core belief of being in service to others; one will be doing all they can to create a better world -which may in fact bring about a planet wide Ascension event.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Luke Holiday For This Post:

Valerie Villars (16th September 2018), what is a name? (17th September 2018), wondering (16th September 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3