+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 3 5 LastLast

Thread: 12 Nuclear Plants in Path of Hurricane Florence

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,050 times in 521 posts

Default Re: 12 Nuclear Plants in Path of Hurricane Florence

the measurement of Ice cores have nothing do with the conspiracy of a cabal controlled hurricanes.. ice cores do reveal climate fluctuations
    Yes I have studied the science and results of ice cores

How much energy in a hurricane?

Well, that depends on how you measure it, but any way you slice it, hurricanes release a phenomenal amount of energy. If we start by looking at just the energy generated by the winds, we find that for a typical mature hurricane, we get numbers in the range of 1.5 x 10^12 Watts or 1.3 x 10^17 Joules/day (this is according to the Atlantic Oceanographic and Meteorological Laboratory.)

This is equivalent to about half of the total electrical generating capacity on the planet! For a single hurricane!

But that's not all, we're just getting started. A hurricane also releases energy through the formation of clouds and rain (it takes energy to evaporate all that water). If we crunch the numbers for an average hurricane (1.5 cm/day of rain, circle radius of 665 km), we get a gigantic amount of energy: 6.0 x 10^14 Watts or 5.2 x 10^19 Joules/day!

This is equivalent to about 200 times the total electrical generating capacity on the planet! NASA says that "during its life cycle a hurricane can expend as much energy as 10,000 nuclear bombs!" And we're just talking about average hurricanes here, not Katrina.

Think about controlling that

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ichingcarpenter For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (13th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (15th September 2018), onawah (13th September 2018), RunningDeer (13th September 2018), wnlight (15th September 2018)

3. Link to Post #42
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,640 times in 8,117 posts

Power steering on a battle tank seems to work ok.

It's not steering, it's renegineering the forces.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (13th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (13th September 2018), justntime2learn (13th September 2018), RunningDeer (13th September 2018)

5. Link to Post #43
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,827 times in 1,436 posts

ya...sorry ichingcarpenter....that's not enough to convince me...you are welcome to your opinion on the matter.

EDIT TO ADD: My comment on the ice cores was pertaining to your remark:
    Quote Posted by ichingcarpenter (here)
    Maybe some here ignore global climate change where we were warned two decades ago that there will be much stronger unpresidented storms in our future because of what's happening to the planet."
    You suggested 'some here' are ignoring climate change....and my point was, I'm not ignoring it, as I understand climate change to be cyclical thanks to the data obtained via ice cores.
    Last edited by we-R-one; 13th September 2018 at 17:51.

6. Link to Post #44
    Moderator (on Sabbatical) Joe from the Carolinas's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,955 times in 995 posts

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    The placement of nuclear power plants (not just near oceans and other water sources, but near people), and the fact that they will melt-down if the cooling fails (and they don't have any or enough water stored in tanks for a gravity-feed failsafe), shows the utter contempt of the Big Energy Mafia corporations for all of us. With all the corporatist cries for "deregulation!", and the bought-off and anti-science legislators giving them what they want, I assume that the Nuke Mafia is operating with minimal safety and vulnerable to major weather events from earthquakes to hurricanes to CMEs.

Hey Joe from the Carolinas, and your family and loved ones: be safe. May there be minimal damage.
    Thank you Dennis, very much. It appears we're in a good place right now, sunny, warm, light wind, doesn't appear that the hurricane is anywhere close to me Yay!

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Joe from the Carolinas For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (13th September 2018), Dennis Leahy (13th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (13th September 2018), justntime2learn (13th September 2018), Noelle (13th September 2018), RunningDeer (13th September 2018), Valerie Villars (13th September 2018)

8. Link to Post #45
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,656 times in 8,694 posts

Looks pretty intense here
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

9. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (13th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (13th September 2018), Ivanhoe (13th September 2018), justntime2learn (13th September 2018), mountain_jim (13th September 2018), Noelle (13th September 2018), norman (13th September 2018), RunningDeer (13th September 2018), Sunny (15th September 2018), we-R-one (13th September 2018)

10. Link to Post #46
    Thanks

This is equivalent to about 200 times the total electrical generating capacity on the planet! NASA says that "during its life cycle a hurricane can expend as much energy as 10,000 nuclear bombs!" And we're just talking about average hurricanes here, not Katrina.

Think about controlling that
    Yes, the US Government Has Experimented With Controlling Hurricanes

"It seems likely that various agencies of the U.S. government began heavily investing in studying weather modification following the destructive hurricane seasons of 2005 and 2008. The idea that the U.S. government could be experimenting with controlling or steering hurricanes may sound like fantasy, but the fact of the matter is the government continues to invest in hurricane modification research. Is it possible that the U.S. government, under the direction of the CIA or the DOD, is working with private industries like General Electric to continue experimenting with weather modification technology? Should the public trust that government officials would fess up to secret experiments?"

Source: https://theantimedia.com/us-governme...ng-hurricanes/

Read article for more info, I think you are missing information.
    Last edited by we-R-one; 13th September 2018 at 18:15.

11. Link to Post #47
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,880 times in 2,121 posts

Quote Posted by Joe from the Carolinas (here)
    Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    The placement of nuclear power plants (not just near oceans and other water sources, but near people), and the fact that they will melt-down if the cooling fails (and they don't have any or enough water stored in tanks for a gravity-feed failsafe), shows the utter contempt of the Big Energy Mafia corporations for all of us. With all the corporatist cries for "deregulation!", and the bought-off and anti-science legislators giving them what they want, I assume that the Nuke Mafia is operating with minimal safety and vulnerable to major weather events from earthquakes to hurricanes to CMEs.

Hey Joe from the Carolinas, and your family and loved ones: be safe. May there be minimal damage.
    Thank you Dennis, very much. It appears we're in a good place right now, sunny, warm, light wind, doesn't appear that the hurricane is anywhere close to me Yay!
    Hi Joe, my cousin in Virginia Beach reported the same thing and sent me some video. he also added light rain.

Looks like the hurricane is moving Northwest at 10 miles per hour and is expected to remain on that course for the duration of the day according to the weather channel.
    “To develop a complete mind: Study the art of science; study the science of art. Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else” – Leonardo Da Vinci

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (13th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (13th September 2018), Joe from the Carolinas (13th September 2018), RunningDeer (13th September 2018), Sunny (15th September 2018)

13. Link to Post #48
    Thanks

I'm not buying the David Wilcock's conspiracy on this storm being manufactured that it will attack Washington DC let alone the Carolinas for pure spite. Yeah they are just going after Joe from Carolina's home for what reason god only knows
    Maybe some here ignore global climate change where we were warned two decades ago that there will be much stronger unpresidented storms in our future because of what's happening to the planet.

OK maybe its like the movie 'they live' or the TV show ''V'' where aliens are messing with the planet for their own devices but even that is questionable.
    LOL yep wilcock spun that yarn, these people discredit themselves. Anything coming for my home will be met with a few surprises.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Joe from the Carolinas For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (13th September 2018), ichingcarpenter (13th September 2018), justntime2learn (13th September 2018), onawah (13th September 2018), RunningDeer (13th September 2018)

15. Link to Post #49
    Thanks

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, (pig farm maybe) there's a crisis developing.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (13th September 2018), Joe from the Carolinas (14th September 2018), justntime2learn (13th September 2018), RunningDeer (13th September 2018)

17. Link to Post #50
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Joe from the Carolinas (here)
    I'm not buying the David Wilcock's conspiracy on this storm being manufactured that it will attack Washington DC let alone the Carolinas for pure spite. Yeah they are just going after Joe from Carolina's home for what reason god only knows
    Maybe some here ignore global climate change where we were warned two decades ago that there will be much stronger unpresidented storms in our future because of what's happening to the planet.

OK maybe its like the movie 'they live' or the TV show ''V'' where aliens are messing with the planet for their own devices but even that is questionable.
    LOL yep wilcock spun that yarn, these people discredit themselves. Anything coming for my home will be met with a few surprises.
    Just to be clear, ichingcarpenter brought that scenario into the picture, this angle was not something being suggested initially(information provided by David Wilcock) on this thread.

18. Link to Post #51
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,292 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    120,240 watching now @ Explore Oceans

This was streamed 6 hours ago - 95,979 views (at posting)

LIVE BEACH CAMS - Big waves approaching NC coast - PIER being ROCKED *CAMS ONLY*

LIVE Atlantic Beach, North Carolina
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 13th September 2018 at 20:27.

19. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (14th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (13th September 2018), ichingcarpenter (13th September 2018), Ivanhoe (13th September 2018), justntime2learn (13th September 2018), norman (13th September 2018), Sunny (15th September 2018), tessie999 (14th September 2018), we-R-one (13th September 2018)

20. Link to Post #52
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,050 times in 521 posts

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    120,240 watching now @ Explore Oceans

This was streamed 6 hours ago - 95,979 views (at posting)

LIVE BEACH CAMS - Big waves approaching NC coast - PIER being ROCKED *CAMS ONLY*

LIVE Atlantic Beach, North Carolina
    The ocean cam is 34 miles offshore the flag is gone now.....yikes

NOAA was reporting 88 foot waves near the center

I've been in 3 in my life and a catagory 2 at sea on a freighter, we had 60ft waves
    battling the ship....

''This storm will be incredibly big and incredibly wet''....... to quote someone.

but I'm gonna say seek shelter and head for the hills.

Impressive videos thanks

21. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ichingcarpenter For This Post:

avid (13th September 2018), Ba-ba-Ra (14th September 2018), Deux Corbeaux (14th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (13th September 2018), Joe from the Carolinas (14th September 2018), justntime2learn (13th September 2018), RunningDeer (13th September 2018), Sunny (15th September 2018), TargeT (13th September 2018)

22. Link to Post #53
    Thanks

This was just reported by ABC News and 1 hour later raised to 16.

Not my go to news source, but there seems to be confirmation of plants being shut down, probably leaving little if any power for some who stayed.

Quote Florence's projected path includes half a dozen nuclear power plants. Duke Energy told AP operators would begin shutting down those plants at least 2 hours before hurricane force winds arrive.
    "Duke Energy starts shutdown of NC nuclear plant as Hurricane Florence nears"

Quote RALEIGH
    With Hurricane Florence approaching, Duke Energy has started the process of shutting down its nuclear power plant on the southeastern coast of North Carolina.

Duke is powering down the Brunswick nuclear plant in Southport to comply with standards set by the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, which require shut downs in the face of winds stronger than 73 miles per hour.

The utility’s meteorologists expect Hurricane Florence to bring 100-mph winds to Brunswick County, said Karen Williams, Duke’s spokeswoman for the plant. Florence will be only the 10th hurricane to come within 50 miles of the plant since 1970, she said.

“We haven’t been forced to shut down for a hurricane in some time,” Williams said, adding that the shut down is standard procedure and plant staff is highly-trained. “We run them through mock scenarios.”
    BY JOHN MURAWSKI AND PAUL A. SPECHT
    September 13, 2018 02:00 PM

Link: https://www.newsobserver.com/news/bu...218330060.html
    Last edited by justntime2learn; 14th September 2018 at 00:53. Reason: Added Link
    “To develop a complete mind: Study the art of science; study the science of art. Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else” – Leonardo Da Vinci

23. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

Arcturian108 (14th September 2018), avid (13th September 2018), Ba-ba-Ra (14th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (14th September 2018), Ivanhoe (14th September 2018), Joe from the Carolinas (14th September 2018), RunningDeer (14th September 2018), Sunny (15th September 2018), we-R-one (14th September 2018)

24. Link to Post #54
    Thanks

Dang, can no longer get a hold of my friend, he's gonna be right in the thick of it....I'm heading out of town today, but offered to help with communications since they know they'll likely be loosing power...I'm not going to have much fun on this trip as all I can think about is what's going on over there...oooh he just sent me a message, thank goodness:

"At present we still have power and no rain. The wind speed here at our house has picked up as Florence slowly makes her way in our direction."

25. Link to Post #55
    United States Avalon Member Arcturian108's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,326 times in 930 posts

At noon in far western North Carolina on Friday, September 14th, absolute clear blue skies, only marred by the occasional chemtrail.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Arcturian108 For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (14th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (14th September 2018), justntime2learn (14th September 2018), Noelle (14th September 2018), onawah (14th September 2018), RunningDeer (14th September 2018), we-R-one (15th September 2018)

27. Link to Post #56
    Thanks

It looks like the sting has been taken out of the core hurricane now. The purple color has gone, indication the wind speed/pressure gradient has backed off.

https://earth.nullschool.net/#curren...4.40,36.23,792

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

avid (14th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (14th September 2018), Joe from the Carolinas (14th September 2018), justntime2learn (14th September 2018), Noelle (14th September 2018), onawah (14th September 2018), RunningDeer (14th September 2018), Sunny (15th September 2018), we-R-one (15th September 2018)

29. Link to Post #57
    Thanks

overcast skies, wind continues off & on, no rain.

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Joe from the Carolinas For This Post:

avid (14th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (14th September 2018), ichingcarpenter (14th September 2018), justntime2learn (14th September 2018), Noelle (14th September 2018), onawah (14th September 2018), RunningDeer (14th September 2018), we-R-one (15th September 2018)

31. Link to Post #58
    Thanks

Dearest Avalonians,

I wish our Collective Consciousness could be measured.

Can our positive intentions have an effect ?

I believe so !

I believe in the Elohim, but that's another thread.

My cousin from Virginia Beach reported light wind and rain.

I'm offering my highest intentions for the Carolinas.

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (14th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (14th September 2018), onawah (14th September 2018), RunningDeer (14th September 2018), Sunny (15th September 2018), Valerie Villars (14th September 2018), we-R-one (15th September 2018)

33. Link to Post #59
    Ecuador Honored, Retired Member. Warren passed on 2 July, 2020.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,540 times in 864 posts

In Salisbury NC, one hour east of Charlotte, was some light rain this evening with up to 30mph wind. Both have backed off tonight. I suspect that a lot of people have been praying for those folks in the Carolinas. Please keep it up!

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wnlight For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (15th September 2018), justntime2learn (15th September 2018), RunningDeer (15th September 2018), we-R-one (15th September 2018)

35. Link to Post #60
    Thanks

Well, mini update since I'm on a tablet...My friend is west of Lumberton and shortly after my last post his power went out......just talked to him briefly and he said the wind has been a bit scary. He's not sure how many trees they've lost because its dark, however he said right when he was looking out his window he saw the shadow of one going down. So far they havent flooded, but they have a creek behind their property which during Hurricane Matthew flooded and brought the water to the back of their porch. The good news is the creek was dry before the storm hit, so that will help, but the bad part is this storm is going super slow, like 3 miles per hour slow, allowing it to dump more rain in concentrated areas. It appears the bulk of the rain hasn't hit them yet so the next two days could be interesting. For now they're doing o.k.......

Hope the rest of u in the Carolinas are staying safe, keep checking in with us!
    Last edited by we-R-one; 15th September 2018 at 05:10.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 3 5 LastLast