+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Duality V Polarity

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,247 times in 2,174 posts

Default Duality V Polarity

I have for some time now been drawn to explore the concept of duality.

Is it duality that creates, and keeps us trapped in this dream of illusory reality, or is duality actually just a by-product of this low vibrational, material plane?

My understanding is that duality is only in effect in this reality, not outside it. Duality is imo a product of the low vibrational material 3D world. Imagine a coin spinning fast on it's side, can you distinguish the two different sides of the coin? No, because the spin (vibration) is so fast that the two distinct sides merge into one.

Now imagine the same coin spinning slowly just about to topple over, now both sides of the coin can be distinguished...this is how we end up with duality. Yes, it is only a difference in perception, but it is a difference that ultimately shapes and creates our own reality. We perceive good and evil, dark and light, right and wrong and so we believe in their existence as separate and distinct from each other, when in fact these concepts are just that, concepts with no substance in reality.

Polarity (the coin spinning fast) is the natural order of things outside this madhouse. There is no good and evil, dark and light, right and wrong, only the synthesis of those opposing poles, now, neither good nor evil can be said to exist, they exist only as abstract concepts.

The implications of this understanding are massive imo and I feel I have only pushed the door of understanding open a crack. Can anyone shed more light (and/or dark) on this?

Quote Duality and Polarity - There's a Big Difference

One of these is essential to the way the physical realm works, the other is nothing more than a two-dimensional belief system. Some people use the terms duality and polarity interchangeably, but I'm going to make a strong distinction between the two for the sake of clarity.

The first thing to understand about duality is that it divides, it's either one thing or the other. Black or white, right or wrong, good or evil. It does this through judgement, separating things and creating conflict. Duality is how human beings, who have much more in common than not, are convinced to fight with and even kill each other. Duality is used to create an "us versus them" mentality.

Now polarity is something else entirely. Where duality has a positive and negative that conflict with each other, polarity has a positive and negative that attract each other. In the case of what recently happened with our Sun's poles, they can even switch places. Polarity is complimentary forces that work together to create balance, duality is the belief in opposing forces that conflict with each other and create chaos.

In duality one is "better" or "above" another, and this is responsible for so much suffering on the Planet. Some people believe they're more worthy, more deserving than others, and they take far more than they need. People compare themselves to others, and judge themselves as being "better" or "worse", which leads to an inflated ego or hating oneself. If you really want peace in your life, I recommend letting go of duality altogether.

Where duality divides things into black or white, polarity includes the full spectrum, it's all inclusive. Duality takes the spectrum and draws a line somewhere, cutting it in half. Duality really only exists in the mind, it doesn't directly relate to the physical realm. What people call "evil" is only the product of not seeing clearly, it's human judgement, not something inherent to the Universe itself. What is "evil" varies from culture to culture, and also between individuals. It changes over time, as people minds and opinions change.

The only darkness is that which you can't see, what you don't know. It's the fear of the unknown that makes darkness menacing and "evil". Your eyes only see a tiny fraction of the full spectrum of light, and yet all the light you cannot see you call "darkness". This is a perfect example of why people believe in duality, it's a product of limited perception. It's a judgement based upon limited senses, people see only a tiny fraction of Reality and make assumptions about the whole thing.

Understanding vibration is key to understanding polarity. Take a guitar string for instance, is a low pitch "bad" and a high pitch "good"? That's a lot like how duality interprets things. With polarity, you go up and down the full scale to make a beautiful song, the low notes complimenting the high notes. This is a "secret" to how Creation works, not through opposing forces, but Everything coming together to create a beautiful song.

The Galactic Free Press
    No copyright, share/edit freely
    http://soundofheart.org/galacticfree...big-difference

2. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

annacherie (26th September 2018), astridmari (13th September 2018), Ba-ba-Ra (26th September 2018), Ben (17th October 2020), Bruno (13th September 2018), Davenir (13th September 2018), Eagle Eye (13th September 2018), Ernie Nemeth (29th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (13th September 2018), greybeard (13th September 2018), hermit (13th September 2018), Magnus (13th September 2018), Metaphor (1st October 2018), Nasu (13th September 2018), Noelle (13th September 2018), petra (1st October 2018), shaberon (14th September 2018), Sue (Ayt) (17th October 2020), thepainterdoug (29th September 2018), Trail (26th September 2018), Valerie Villars (13th September 2018), what is a name? (13th September 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Duality V Polarity

Wow. Love this explanation/metaphor.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bruno For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (26th September 2018), Ben (17th October 2020), Foxie Loxie (13th September 2018), Magnus (13th September 2018), Nasu (13th September 2018), pueblo (13th September 2018), shaberon (14th September 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Ireland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Thank you for your post Pueblo.

I've been pondering your recommendation that of "letting go of duality altogether".

To my mind the duality which is evident everywhere is a fundamental function of creation itself - from "let there be light" onward it is inherent in the energy and expression of creation itself. To be alive at all is to experience "contrast"; to experience heat but not cold requires that I experience creation as a timeline (first one thing, followed by another - and not all things simultaneously, or at least not right now). This is not to negate the validity of "non-duality" in the Hindu sense of "oneness" or "unity" which I interpret as a universal connectedness. Duality may be illusory but only in the sense that existence and creation itself is.

You ask - Is a low pitch "bad" and a high pitch "good"? Possibly. But its moral charge is unrelated to its tonal height or depth. I've seen paintings contain marks of despair and others contain touches of deep love and tenderness. These are moral interpretations of the energy with which something is "charged" and actually unrelated to its location on a dualistic spectrum. I'm not convinced this equates to the assertion that "neither good nor evil can be said to exist, they exist only as abstract concepts". My big toe is both an abstract concept and it exists. They are not mutually exclusive.

It can be said that good (and its absence evil) "exist" and are abstract concepts but I can't buy that they are a duality which can be so easily dismissed. Goodness/love being the atmosphere in which we all exist would appear to suspend and sustain all contrast, activity and duality with evil being an attempt to (spiritually speaking) hold our breath and withdraw our being from this atmosphere. There is no question of opposites here; there is something and then its lack. Good can exist without evil while evil is wholly dependent and is in a real sense sustained by good. That they are opposites or even illusory is in many ways appealing certainly, but always feels like sophistry to me. Would love to know what others think.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Davenir For This Post:

annacherie (26th September 2018), Ba-ba-Ra (26th September 2018), Ben (17th October 2020), Bruno (13th September 2018), Magnus (13th September 2018), Nasu (13th September 2018), pueblo (13th September 2018), shaberon (14th September 2018), Sue (Ayt) (17th October 2020)

7. Link to Post #4
    Albania Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    Albanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,899 times in 467 posts

Great topic Pueblo.
    Duality the ultimate conflict to resolve in this world. When you start to understand the first circle and you think you made it , that precise moment it opens a greater circle of conflicts.
    Making a distinction between duality and polarity is a great start of understanding that those conflicts are not paradoxes, but that it exists a connection in a strange way, yet to be fully understood.
    From duality we understand the balance and from the balance we understand the right path.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Eagle Eye For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (26th September 2018), Ben (17th October 2020), Magnus (13th September 2018), pueblo (13th September 2018), shaberon (14th September 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Why stop at binary?
    cordibus nostris non quiesceret donec requiescat in te

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hermit For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (26th September 2018), Ben (17th October 2020), Magnus (13th September 2018), pueblo (13th September 2018), shaberon (14th September 2018)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,506 times in 352 posts

Great quality information, I'm delighted!

Binary vs pure conscioussness / singularity?

Binary as a vehicle of scientific understanding, grinds to a halt before the event horizon.

Only conscioussness of high order is allowed to reach (or retract?) beyond the event horizon, and beyond, nothing from this reality applies.

A dull proposal would read: "We need to invent a new paradigm superseding the antiquated binary understanding."
    Last edited by Magnus; 13th September 2018 at 21:43.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Magnus For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (26th September 2018), Ben (17th October 2020), pueblo (13th September 2018), shaberon (14th September 2018)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Quote Posted by hermit (here)
    Why stop at binary?
    Can you expand on that? I'm not much of a mathematician

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (26th September 2018), Ben (17th October 2020), Magnus (13th September 2018), shaberon (14th September 2018)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,666 times in 638 posts

I have studied this topic for a while, but the best source I ever found was this documentary. Enjoy!

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sunwings For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (26th September 2018), Ben (17th October 2020), greybeard (14th September 2018), Magnus (13th September 2018), pueblo (14th September 2018), shaberon (14th September 2018)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member halcyon026's Avatar
    Thanks

Here's another way to consider the role duality could play. I don't offer this concept to suggest this is how it really works...

Imagine you are an intelligence, an awareness, no body, no time, no objects, etc.

Now imagine you want to explore any and all possible versions of yourself, experiencing all possible experiences...

So you create a sort of holographic fractal reality, like a super high tech virtual reality, were countless versions of you can "play" at one time.

In this place, it's just you, and it's perfectly safe, no matter what happens to the virtual 3D you, the real you is perfectly safe.

Now if you're in your VR game and one version of you wants to experience death, and another version of you wants to experience anger and murder.
    So one of you kills the other of you... Perfect! The experience is had, as by design.

Do you think the one who did the killing is a bad guy? Is that version of you evil? Should it be punished?

Should the experiences be stopped because you suffer, even though it's perfectly safe to suffer and die in your VR, and when you shed your VR body you wake up on the othet side as the real you?

Is there any duality actually happening, or is it more like a computer program creating gravity, creating nerves that rely "pain" to a "brain", and it's just one actor in the play.

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to halcyon026 For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (26th September 2018), Ben (17th October 2020), Davenir (14th September 2018), David Trd1 (27th September 2018), Ernie Nemeth (29th September 2018), greybeard (14th September 2018), Magnus (14th September 2018), pueblo (14th September 2018), shaberon (14th September 2018)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,505 times in 4,009 posts

In the East called the condition of Maya.

Though illusory, all beings are caught in it, some, worse than others.

The point of meditation is non-duality. Duality is the first state of universal consciousness awakening from its slumber and maya is all, in this world, anyway. It is removed by grosser and finer degrees.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (26th September 2018), Ben (17th October 2020), greybeard (14th September 2018), Magnus (14th September 2018), pueblo (14th September 2018), sunwings (8th October 2018)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by halcyon026 (here)
    Here's another way to consider the role duality could play. I don't offer this concept to suggest this is how it really works...

Imagine you are an intelligence, an awareness, no body, no time, no objects, etc.

Now imagine you want to explore any and all possible versions of yourself, experiencing all possible experiences...

So you create a sort of holographic fractal reality, like a super high tech virtual reality, were countless versions of you can "play" at one time.

In this place, it's just you, and it's perfectly safe, no matter what happens to the virtual 3D you, the real you is perfectly safe.

Now if you're in your VR game and one version of you wants to experience death, and another version of you wants to experience anger and murder.
    So one of you kills the other of you... Perfect! The experience is had, as by design.

Do you think the one who did the killing is a bad guy? Is that version of you evil? Should it be punished?

Should the experiences be stopped because you suffer, even though it's perfectly safe to suffer and die in your VR, and when you shed your VR body you wake up on the othet side as the real you?

Is there any duality actually happening, or is it more like a computer program creating gravity, creating nerves that rely "pain" to a "brain", and it's just one actor in the play.
    Interesting, thanks.

I have always felt strongly that no real harm can come to us here. After all, these meat suits, these personalities are not even us. There is perhaps no us at all.

Are we more like tendrils of consciousness that extend out from the One?

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (26th September 2018), Ben (17th October 2020), Davenir (14th September 2018), greybeard (14th September 2018), Magnus (14th September 2018)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Quote Posted by pueblo (here)
    I would like to believe all life and everything that is, is mere fragments of singular consciousness.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Magnus For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (26th September 2018), Ben (17th October 2020), greybeard (26th September 2018), pueblo (15th September 2018)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Magnus (here)
    I would like to believe all life and everything that is, is mere fragments of singular consciousness.
    Fragments yes, but not mere. As fragments which are from and connected to the one, we are the one.

Do you feel that there is a push by the one to reunite with it's fragments, to draw back the tendrils of consciousness again into one whole glorious one?

...or, will the one be forever splitting, subdividing, extending outwards it's knowledge of the one through infinite exploration and creation (though still always remaining one)?

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pueblo For This Post:

annacherie (27th September 2018), Ben (17th October 2020), earthdreamer (28th September 2018), greybeard (26th September 2018)

27. Link to Post #14
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Fragments yes, but not mere. As fragments which are from and connected to the one, we are the one.

Do you feel that there is a push by the one to reunite with it's fragments, to draw back the tendrils of consciousness again into one whole glorious one?

...or, will the one be forever splitting, subdividing, extending outwards it's knowledge of the one through infinite exploration and creation (though still always remaining one)?
    Millions are now becoming interested in spirituality --look at the book sales and followers on u tube of Eckhart Tolle Mooji and Adyashanti but to name three.
    Consciousness is evolving to know itself--nothing happens by accident.
    So we may be moving to a great awakening--there are cycles called Yugas--worth investigating.

You could say we are a holograph --not quite accurate--but everything is contained in each atom.
    We are described by sages as "Form --formless both and neither.
    One without a second (non-duality}
    The fully realized Self is beyond definition--not an idea --not a concept but That which is.
    You in Truth are That.
    A great book is "I am That" by Nasargadatta Maharajh.
    Not an easy book to read unless some study has been done already.
    A look at Tim's thread in the spiritual section may be of use.
    Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

annacherie (27th September 2018), Ba-ba-Ra (26th September 2018), Ben (17th October 2020), earthdreamer (28th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (26th September 2018), Jayke (26th September 2018), Magnus (30th September 2018), pueblo (26th September 2018), Wind (26th September 2018)

29. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member Ba-ba-Ra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,315 times in 1,567 posts

Words, words, words. I love them. I'm an avid reader and an author, but sometimes I get lost in the semantics. Something like not being able to see the forest for the trees. That's what's happening to me on this thread. Maybe that's just me, but I try to simplify.

Duality = seeing heads and tails on a coin - or night and day in a 24hr period as separate from each other,rather than recognizing it is the other half of the same thing.

Polarity = judging the duality. As in: I like heads, but not tails. I like day but not night.

Our planet is very polarized at the moment. Lots of judgment.
    Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light!

30. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ba-ba-Ra For This Post:

annacherie (26th September 2018), Ben (17th October 2020), Bo Atkinson (27th September 2018), Ernie Nemeth (29th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (26th September 2018), greybeard (26th September 2018), Jayke (26th September 2018), Magnus (30th September 2018), sunwings (27th September 2018), Wind (29th September 2018)

31. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member annacherie's Avatar
    Thanks

Isn't it interesting that this conversation emerges circa the fall equinox. In this talk Adam speaks to the planet Venus (planetary ruler of Libra and Taurus) having a "phosphorous" essence therefore able to source its own light made more evident in the dark space (placing it in a very difficult position of serving as the scales to weigh hearts against a feather). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzULLrCLeOI

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to annacherie For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (26th September 2018), Ben (17th October 2020), Foxie Loxie (27th September 2018), Jayke (26th September 2018), pueblo (26th September 2018)

33. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member Bo Atkinson's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,499 times in 828 posts

That sort of duality does hold us down, but also provides the work we can choose to do, to advance our purposes of existence. There are the sore conflicts around what advancement really is. At each incarnation, we were largely set back, having to grow up through the given circumstance, the natal world, with it’s assorted settings, whatever these may have been. The masses generally accept defaults and resist any real advancement. Some even claim that this arrangement is best, let the zeitgeist control it all.

Yet the world demise is pumped up with badly managed ecology largely the result of engineered war economies, trashing nature. The disposable economies are tacitly accepted, the sowing and reaping is very poor. Such low vibrational qualities withhold advancement.

We may see so many enforced or entrained habits, which bring people down. Modern life has it’s crowd pleasers and it’s back country, nature dwellers struggling unproductively too, (in terms of advancing culture, of advancing civilization). Really-real truth seeking gets nailed, as proven by Christ and the authoritarian suppressions. Proven through long ages, but today we may see a break in the gloomy clouds, with some needed showers, to improve the parched landscape.

Yet the beginner and novice face chance, face a dual choice: will the coin land heads or tails? The purer scientist or the spiritual mystic, (both through specialization), build bounded limitations; however, vetted together, advance life-purpose the most. Advance consciousness, to advance existence the most. In this sense dual forks of knowledge are more than the sum of one forked branch alone.
    Last edited by Bo Atkinson; 27th September 2018 at 08:44. Reason: wording

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bo Atkinson For This Post:

annacherie (28th September 2018), Ba-ba-Ra (27th September 2018), Ben (17th October 2020), Foxie Loxie (27th September 2018), greybeard (27th September 2018), Magnus (30th September 2018)

35. Link to Post #18
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

When an entity has its memory wiped, its essence hidden, its powers revoked, and its purpose removed, what can be the result? There remains only chance, only probability, only blind luck.

If in that scenario, is such an entity beholden to a certain mode of behavior, a proper motivator, a worthy goal? And can said entity be right or wrong? Can they be accountable, accused of sin, or worse?

If we, as such entities, label an action or another entity as evil, is this merely opinion? If we call another event good, does that make it so?

Are there intrinsic qualities, themselves created, that mediate reality in such a world of spiritual amnesiacs? Is there intrinsic good? Can evil exist without the possibility having first been accommodated?

If such qualities were created so that beings of pristine experience could dip their toes in evil or good as is their wont, can their experience be anything but transitory and meaningless?

Is there parity of reality? Is it symmetrical? Or does it have an asymmetric pattern? Does reality want war? Does reality intend saints?

I suggest, as one such entity, that we are innocent, never guilty, and free to act as we please. Nothing will be held against us because we are blank slates that we color any way we want.

When we die our slates are wiped clean, our memories return, and we no longer wander in the dark without knowledge or guidance.

Duality and polarity are simplistic dictums of a fundamental logical sequence. They are the first stop on the long journey of truth.

There are as many levels of reasoning as there are entities seeking.

In the end it all blends together as we will again realize all this commotion has been created simply by the transition of Totality, as it counts its blessings and cherishes its essence, from one to many to One again, and forever.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (29th September 2018), Ben (17th October 2020), Magnus (30th September 2018)

37. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

• Yes I do think that, maybe not so much in a push but rather advancement coming to fruition, in other words, consciousness is continually working its way, going around and, eventually coming around, full circle. We can't possibly apply any form of scales or measurement when we engage our cognitive processes in this matter. Even the word "circle" which I used above, is nowhere near as omnipotent a descriptor as would be needed to grasp even a nuance of the totality of the subject we are trying to understand.

• The words "forever", "infinite" and "always" are useful descriptors in this reality we now share, in other realities those descriptors probably couldn't even exist, and our reality is a very confined one. The first thing we need to do in order to somewhat better understand this subject, is to think forcefully, outside the box we are in, impeccably scrutinizing our processes in minute detail. Any insights we gain will still fall short of satisfactory answers. We are it, it are we, yet we are faint fragments, evolving, reaching. There is only one way to truly find what we are looking for, follow the path we are on, until we graduate, from the earth experience and other experiences that may lay beyond.

Meantime, let us entertain ourselves with unimaginable wonders, dreams saturated by unconditional love, sprinkled with flickering stars.

We may be the constituents of a thought the oneness are working to shape.
    Last edited by Magnus; 1st October 2018 at 00:17.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Magnus For This Post:

Ben (17th October 2020)

39. Link to Post #20
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by shaberon (here)
    In the East called the condition of Maya.

Though illusory, all beings are caught in it, some, worse than others.

The point of meditation is non-duality. Duality is the first state of universal consciousness awakening from its slumber and maya is all, in this world, anyway. It is removed by grosser and finer degrees.
    Changing "one's" point of view changes everything. Just wake up and live life as a lucid Dream. Okay, waking up is the hard part...it can be done though!

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alanantic For This Post:

Ben (17th October 2020), Ernie Nemeth (7th October 2018), Magnus (3rd October 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast