+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 5 LastLast

Thread: China

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,046 times in 8,169 posts

Default Re: China

Quote Posted by Foxie Loxie (here)

It seems obvious the "elite" global controllers decided it was "China's time".

There are clues that it's not as simple as that. They may have wanted to form a Chinese system they could later roll out planet wide but needed full agreement from all factions to make it work. When they failed to get that full agreement ( probably from Russian elite ) they had to abandon the plan. China, by that time, was on the brink of being able to go it alone without agreement and refused to stop. THAT, I suggest, is where we are with it right now.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (16th September 2018), Baby Steps (15th September 2018), Basho (18th September 2018), Bubu (16th September 2018), Ernie Nemeth (15th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (15th September 2018), Zanshin (15th September 2018)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Thank you, Baby Steps, for your most excellent summary!! Looks like you were writing it as I was posting my notes on James Corbett's report!

I keep thinking about the Chinese Emperor who recalled all their huge ships that were sailing the world....can't remember what year that was.

I do hope more members will weigh in on what they think is going on with China!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Baby Steps (15th September 2018), Basho (18th September 2018)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,509 times in 4,009 posts

China has gone back and forth with respect to foreigners.

The Ming Empire kicked most of them out and was unfavorable to European technology, although one could say China was a leader until industrialization, which they resisted. They decided to stick to their borders because one day the rest of the world will come to them.

On their own, they raked in all the silver from international trade, which caused the British to raise the Opium War against them. Foreign influence started coming in again, and then it was mainly Sun Yat Sen who stood against it.

On one hand, the good stuff's not for export.

Another thing is that they do have a stock market, but it is not like in the west where 401ks and various other financial instruments depend on it for a backing. Instead, it is seen as a legalized type of gambling, and most of the people throwing money at it are doing so with disposable wealth that doesn't matter as much if they lose. So when the headlines come up about "China stock market loses 40% value", whereas that would be very bad here, there, it mostly affects gamblers. And then if they find corruption, they have more of a method in place to inject new rules and orders.

Its influence rising is nothing but what the Ming said.

They also understand that the people have a right to revolt. That doesn't exactly have government approval, but on a social level, it's a given. It gets complicated fast because there are many triads and other factions. I am not in tremendous favor of the modern government. Our medieval Lamas were able to work with the Mongol Khanates and the Ming Empire but under communism they have scoured Tibet and replaced our Panchen. Mipham told us this would happen because Pehar had gotten in control and so a diaspora was always underway. And consequently the roots re-emerge in India again, we have Nalanda University open after being destroyed by Muslims about eight centuries ago. Not many other places have done something like that without a break in disciplic succession.

There is tremendous good in China which will never be let go no matter what else is going on.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (16th September 2018), Baby Steps (16th September 2018), Basho (18th September 2018), Deux Corbeaux (16th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (16th September 2018), Jayke (16th September 2018)

7. Link to Post #24
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Baby Steps (here)
    Democracy is not naturally a Chinese idea at all. This is a concern for the world- that the new rising hegemon is an authoritarian state with little to no transprency or accountability. My theory is that the magnificent Chinese culture did not really have a communist revolution, rather it swapped emperors. Chinese characteristics, including a 5-10 thousand year old culture continued through the trauma of the 'emperor swap'.

The Chinese were conducting civil service exams 5000 years ago. They regard the rest of the world as largely uncivilised and not to be trusted. Due to the cultural continuity I mentioned, one can look into history for a guide as to what kind of culture they are.

To have this fantastic ancient society for so long, based on an elite , and Emperor, with God like status, plus a state civil service (the mandarins) who were powerful, secretive and corruptible is really alien to western society with its roots in Greek philosophy, debate, and democracy.
    This is the crux of it all. China is a brutal Maoist-Marxist-Leninist-Communist state and that means slavery, equal penury and misery for all. That's what those who we have allowed to be TPTB, by our very own consent, want for us.

I think there's going to be a massive war with China and the west, which still believes in philosophy, debate, and democracy to a point. The west has been heavily infiltrated by Maoist-Marxist-Leninist-Communism and Chinese influence, hence we have censorship on FB, Twitter, Google of people like Alex Jones to name the most famous example.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chris_walker For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (16th September 2018), Baby Steps (16th September 2018), Flash (16th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (16th September 2018), Valerie Villars (16th September 2018)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

Appreciate the unique perspective you give us, shaberon!

Let's hope things don't get to the point of war with China! I agree with you that the West has been taken over from the inside! Here in the U.S. we had a Muslim president for 8 years, but nobody ever talked about it!

My hope is that true Rule of Law can be restored here!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (16th September 2018), Baby Steps (16th September 2018)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

Wow don’t I agree with you.

The Chinese in my own hometown are recluse, deal amongst themselves, have money, and are very racists against white (the vietnamese too)

Quote Posted by chris_walker (here)
    Quote Posted by Baby Steps (here)
    Democracy is not naturally a Chinese idea at all. This is a concern for the world- that the new rising hegemon is an authoritarian state with little to no transprency or accountability. My theory is that the magnificent Chinese culture did not really have a communist revolution, rather it swapped emperors. Chinese characteristics, including a 5-10 thousand year old culture continued through the trauma of the 'emperor swap'.

The Chinese were conducting civil service exams 5000 years ago. They regard the rest of the world as largely uncivilised and not to be trusted. Due to the cultural continuity I mentioned, one can look into history for a guide as to what kind of culture they are.

To have this fantastic ancient society for so long, based on an elite , and Emperor, with God like status, plus a state civil service (the mandarins) who were powerful, secretive and corruptible is really alien to western society with its roots in Greek philosophy, debate, and democracy.
    This is the crux of it all. China is a brutal Maoist-Marxist-Leninist-Communist state and that means slavery, equal penury and misery for all. That's what those who we have allowed to be TPTB, by our very own consent, want for us.

I think there's going to be a massive war with China and the west, which still believes in philosophy, debate, and democracy to a point. The west has been heavily infiltrated by Maoist-Marxist-Leninist-Communism and Chinese influence, hence we have censorship on FB, Twitter, Google of people like Alex Jones to name the most famous example.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (16th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (16th September 2018)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,709 times in 914 posts

Don’t we have anyone from China here on the Forum?!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lettherebelight For This Post:

Baby Steps (16th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (16th September 2018)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks

I recall a few months back a person who lived in a "community" there even sent us a picture of all of them. That's all I can recall.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Baby Steps (16th September 2018), Lettherebelight (16th September 2018)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lettherebelight (here)
    Don’t we have anyone from China here on the Forum?!

It's never about the little people.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Baby Steps (16th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (16th September 2018), Lettherebelight (16th September 2018)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

A "dumb" question here....does China have some sort of a firewall set up already to block internet connections from the "outside"?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Baby Steps (16th September 2018), Lettherebelight (16th September 2018)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

A "dumb" question here....does China have some sort of a firewall set up already to block internet connections from the "outside"?

I'm on the dumb side of qualified to answer, but yes.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Baby Steps (16th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (16th September 2018), Lettherebelight (16th September 2018), Valerie Villars (16th September 2018)

23. Link to Post #32
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,068 times in 456 posts

When I was in China last year, I was not able to use Google.
    It's not just Google search that's blocked. Gmail, Google Maps, Google Plus and Google Photos are included in the long list of Google-related sites that are blocked.

Also no Facebook or YouTube. Even WhatsApp didn’t work. It was a strange experience indeed..

I later heard that their firewall blocked also Twitter – Instagram – Netflix – Flickr – and many other sites.

If you don't completely comply with the Chinese government's regulations in censoring politically sensitive information, there's a good chance the Great Firewall of China will shut you down.

"China is not afraid of the Internet," Foreign Ministry spokesman Qin Gang was quoted saying. "We manage the Internet according to law ... to prevent the spread of harmful information."

It’s that simple

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Deux Corbeaux For This Post:

Baby Steps (16th September 2018), Basho (18th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (16th September 2018), norman (16th September 2018), Pam (9th March 2019)

25. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

That's a good one, Deux!! The Great Firewall of China!

Thanks for bringing us up to speed on how things are there!

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Deux Corbeaux (16th September 2018), Pam (9th March 2019)

27. Link to Post #34
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Deux Corbeaux (here)
    When I was in China last year, I was not able to use Google.
    It's not just Google search that's blocked. Gmail, Google Maps, Google Plus and Google Photos are included in the long list of Google-related sites that are blocked.

Also no Facebook or YouTube. Even WhatsApp didn’t work. It was a strange experience indeed..

I later heard that their firewall blocked also Twitter – Instagram – Netflix – Flickr – and many other sites.

If you don't completely comply with the Chinese government's regulations in censoring politically sensitive information, there's a good chance the Great Firewall of China will shut you down.

"China is not afraid of the Internet," Foreign Ministry spokesman Qin Gang was quoted saying. "We manage the Internet according to law ... to prevent the spread of harmful information."

It’s that simple
    That's proof enough that the Chinese way of life is deleterious to freedom loving people everywhere. They need to hide their way of life from the world because it is a brutal and repugnant Maoist-Marxist-Leninist-Communist regime. When anyone censors, they do so because their arguments can easily be refuted. In China's case, their argument is everybody should live as a slave to a Maoist-Marxist-Leninist-Communist system when only the 1% at the top, the commissars or whatever they call themselves, owns all the wealth. That's why our so called TPTB want Maoist-Marxist-Leninist-Communism for us - to totally enslave us and take away all of our possessions.

I call them Maoist-Marxist-Leninist-Communists to drill home the point of the pure devil evil that they are. Euphemisms like liberals, lefties, SJWs detracts from the evil that they are.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to chris_walker For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (17th September 2018)

29. Link to Post #35
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

A Foxie Loxie post:
    Catherine Austin Fitts - We’ve Reached “Never Never Land” Accounting
    Published on Sep 15, 2018

Investment advisor and former Assistant Secretary of Housing, Catherine Austin Fitts, predicts the global financial system “will take some big hits before the end of the year.” Fitts explains, “Right now, economists say the dollar is ‘dangerous and dominant.’ It’s still, if you look at the market shares around the world, it’s still very, very significant portion of total reserves. So, it’s still very important. At the same time, the U.S. dollar hegemony is probably not going to last forever . . . So, I think the long term dollar looks very weak. Short term, it doesn’t look like it’s coming apart anytime soon, as far as I can see. What that means is when you have something that is dangerous and dominant, you have the possibility of extreme volatility events. That’s the new code word for the ‘you know what’ hits the, you know what. Whether it’s different countries exploding economically, or we whether are pressuring people that makes them very uncomfortable, these kinds of fights over shrinking pies are very dangerous because they mean covert wars. They mean overt wars, and the more we steal pies from each other instead of make new pies, the worse the situation gets. That’s what you are seeing. The system is not stable.”

Fitts goes on to say, “The real push are for real assets: real assets reflected in a stock, or real assets reflected by real estate or precious metals.”

There is good reason people are going to real assets. The U.S. government is “missing” $21 trillion between the DOD and HUD. This fact was uncovered by Fitts and economist Dr. Mark Skidmore last year. What was the government’s answer to this gigantic accounting fraud that is the size of the federal deficit? Give the government’s budgets basically classified national security status. Fitts says, “Apparently, the people leading the audit have come to them and said if we do this audit, we will disclose classified projects. So, the board (Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board – FASAB) came out with a new policy. I say it is illegal. You cannot do it under the financial management laws, and you certainly cannot do it under the Constitution, and it said you can keep classified off the books, which means you can cook the books and you can basically do whatever you want. This matches up with the waiver given to the national security advisor that says corporations, if he waives them (regulations), can also cook their books with the SEC.

Now, we have the corporations making money, and they can cook their books under the law, and apparently the government can too. So, when the board made the statement and announced this new policy, they made the point that if they didn’t do this, the only alternative was to redact the Department of Defense financial statements, which meant you would have to redact the U.S. government’s financial statements, which means we have reached “Never, Never Land,” which also means the whole thing is a joke. . . . As a matter of policy, they are saying you have to give them, for the IRS, for the Census and all these other things, complete financial disclosure and honest financial disclosure by pain of law or you go to prison, but they can make up whatever they want. They can publish financial statements that are complete fiction with no accountability to you and call it national security. What this is doing is engineering complete financial insecurity for every American citizen. This is the end of financial security.”

In closing, Fitts says, “I am a gold fan. . . . You also want to have as little leverage and debt as possible. . . . I am also a silver fan, and I am getting reports that silver is getting hard to find. Gold is down 8% for the year and silver is down 16%, but go and try to buy a bunch of silver. It’s tough.”

Join Greg Hunter as he goes One-on-One with Catherine Austin Fitts, Publisher of The Solari Report.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Deux Corbeaux (18th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (17th September 2018)

31. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

Thanks, Running Dear! Our Special Lady mentions China quite a bit in this episode! Isn't it wonderful to be able to keep learning?! C.A. Fitts us SUCH an Amazing Lady & so kind to share her knowledge with all of us!

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Baby Steps (17th September 2018), RunningDeer (17th September 2018)

33. Link to Post #37
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Thanks, Running Dear! Our Special Lady mentions China quite a bit in this episode! Isn't it wonderful to be able to keep learning?! C.A. Fitts us SUCH an Amazing Lady & so kind to share her knowledge with all of us!
    A lot of people agree. The vid has over 103,000 views in less than two day.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Baby Steps (17th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (17th September 2018)

35. Link to Post #38
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks

Quote Posted by chris_walker (here)
    That's proof enough that the Chinese way of life is deleterious to freedom loving people everywhere. They need to hide their way of life from the world because it is a brutal and repugnant Maoist-Marxist-Leninist-Communist regime.
    Officially, China is still a developing country. But my experience of two weeks in China left me thinking that I was visiting a country as rich as any I had visited before. The trip showed me how important it is for Westerners to change our perception of China so we can make more informed decisions, particularly when it comes to recognizing our own place in the world relative to others.

As said Björn Conrad, vice president of the Mercator Institute for China Studies, “It’s a developed country in its shiny cities on the eastern coast, it’s a developing country in its poor regions in the west.
    It’s a developed country if you look at number of Starbucks or literacy rate; it’s a developing country if you look at the numbers of doctors per capita or percentage of the workforce in agriculture.”

I had underestimated the impact of China’s economic growth.
    Subways were modern, spacious, and with air-conditioning. Mobile 4G internet worked on underground metro, on high-speed trains, and even on the short, very fast magnetically levitated train in Shanghai.

As I told earlier, Chinese law inhibits the use of Google and a few other sites. It may be a bit of an inconvenience, but I heard it can be fixed with the use of a VPN (Virtual Private Network), which will use the internet as if you were in a country outside of China. This will allow you to use Gmail, YouTube or Facebook, if you need to.

I admid that my experience was limited to what I saw in three of China’s biggest cities, Shanghai, Guangzhou, and Beijing. Still, each of those cities had better infrastructure than any world-class city I’ve visited.

There’s no denying China’s problems. Its cities may offer world-class comforts, but China’s human rights record is dismal. Pollution in cities, especially in Beijing, can get very bad. And as a socialist state run by a single political party, the government has the ability to place strict control on speech.

Western ideas and narratives about China tend to be very negative. They paint a limited picture of China, which may cause many people to come away with misguided ideas about what daily life there is like.

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Deux Corbeaux For This Post:

Baby Steps (17th September 2018), Basho (18th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (17th September 2018), ichingcarpenter (17th September 2018), Jayke (18th September 2018), Pam (9th March 2019), ThePythonicCow (17th September 2018)

37. Link to Post #39
    Thanks

Thanks, Deux! Your insights are so valuable. I would agree that we all need to readjust our thinking about China.

Do you think the Silk Road will be their method of control? Interesting that a VPN could get around the internet control! I'm quite illiterate in that type of thing!

Would you say the tentacles of Chinese power extending around the world are like what the British Empire did? I still can't get over the fact of a Yale-China connection dating from 1903!

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Baby Steps (17th September 2018), Basho (18th September 2018), Deux Corbeaux (17th September 2018), Pam (9th March 2019)

39. Link to Post #40
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks

Do you think the Silk Road will be their method of control?

One strong incentive is that Trans-Eurasian trade infrastructure could bolster poorer countries to the south of China, as well as boost global trade. Domestic regions are also expected to benefit – especially the less-developed border regions in the west of the country, such as Xinjiang.

The economic benefits, both domestically and abroad, are many, but perhaps the most obvious is that trading with new markets could go a long way towards keeping China’s national economy buoyant.

Among domestic markets set to gain from future trade are Chinese companies – such as those in transport and telecoms – which now look poised to grow into global brands.

Chinese manufacturing also stands to gain. The country’s vast industrial overcapacity – mainly in the creation of steel and heavy equipment – could find lucrative outlets along the New Silk Road, and this could allow Chinese manufacturing to swing towards higher-end industrial goods.”

Read further.
    https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/...oad-explainer/

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Deux Corbeaux For This Post:

Baby Steps (17th September 2018), Basho (18th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (17th September 2018), ichingcarpenter (17th September 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 5 LastLast