+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Auction websites & shadow banning your business via A.I...

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Auction websites & shadow banning your business via A.I...

Ok Let me run down what I think is happening to me, and probably others that rely on web sales, Ebay, and stuff like that.

I think there is a gigantic AI that has been let loose on the web to implement a silent "chinese" type social credit system...My theory is that If you are in any way inputting text, speech and the like on any PC or phone, and the A.I. don't like it, this thing is finding you and ****ing with you in various ways.

Say things the A.I. and they, the Googles of the world (its creators) don't like, and your ****ed with. ****ed with how?

Making it so that your **** your selling is like almost invisible to everyone. You yourself or anyone you have contact with cannot just quickly check this by using a different pc, to lets say do a search for your product. Because the AI knows who you communicate with and it will be sure to show you what you expect to see (your stuff totally visible etc).

If every single thing we all do using net connected devices is logged, stored and scrutinized by some AI, and then this AI then reacts according to your "social score"

My GF uses Faecesbook, and made a page for our small biz. We also use Ebay. I have found evilbay's AI to be extremely rough about you doing any sort of business off of ebay... To the point of complete paranoia. A paranoid AI, a reflection of its creators I assume!

Now nothing is really under my own name, but my PC knows my name. I basically run under my GF's identity and company name in terms of web presence. Why? Because I hate all this ****, but like to eat at the same time. I can't stand feeecesbook and the like, but its like the mark of the beast setup now and you gotta use that stuff if you expect anyone to buy your products you produce.

I shoot my mouth off on SOTT a few times a week, commenting on this or that current horse**** event/story, in a way hopefully you guys here would be proud of (lol)

I listened to a podcast by Tracy Twyman on Utube, who very much says what I think is going on. She has been severely messed with and the little light came on when I heard her speak about this subject.

What are you guys thoughts on this? Should I put my tinfoil hat back on or what?

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rick For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (16th September 2018), Flash (16th September 2018), Franny (17th September 2018), Magnus (16th September 2018), Noelle (17th September 2018), norman (16th September 2018), toppy (17th September 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,034 times in 8,168 posts

Default Re: Auction websites & shadow banning your business via A.I...

Shadow banning is still not well understood by many. It's not like you can't find something specific if you make a deliberate request, it's like someone smiling and being nice to your face, but talking crap about you behind your back and doing dirty tricks like telling people you are not in so try again tomorrow ( sort of thing ).
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Arcturian108 (16th September 2018), Dennis Leahy (16th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (16th September 2018), Franny (17th September 2018), Magnus (16th September 2018), Noelle (17th September 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,583 times in 5,817 posts

It makes sense. It would be too difficult for a building full of cubicles with humans and a desktop computer to manage, but easy for a supercomputer algorithm/bot.

I have done searches on ebay, using a specific word or words, and was baffled when the results of the search omitted items (that I already knew were available) that are listed for sale. I'd look carefully at my search word or phrase (and I'm a programmer and database administrator/architect, so I'm pretty careful, and realize most errors are the user, not the database) and see that I searched correctly. If I happened to have bookmarked an item for sale, I could go right to it, but if I searched using words in the title of the item, the search would not "find" it.

Database queries often have limits set deliberately, say, return the top 1000 results. This makes sense. If you search for "blue" on ebay, there would be millions of results, wasting server and database engine time. But if you only get half a dozen results on a much more focused search, and can see that the results omitted an item (or items by a particular seller), something does smell fishy.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Franny (17th September 2018), Noelle (17th September 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Arcturian108's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,329 times in 930 posts

I have used a free, India-based browser called "Epic" the past three years and love it. It's default state is for maximum privacy and thus trackers trying to even locate me cannot do so without my stating it directly. I don't use a smart phone at all.
    When I am in a hurry, though, I return to the google search engine and thus the internet knows enough about my spending habits to charge me maximum for international flights, as I have to let ticketing sites use cookies in order to work with them. Thus, I never see the cheapest available tickets even when such sites pretend to show me such.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arcturian108 For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (17th September 2018), Noelle (17th September 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,506 times in 4,009 posts

I haven't kept up with it. I've done it, and believe it was AI caught one of our people shill bidding on our own stuff, which is of course against the rules, but it scrubbed the whole business including the payment receiver, and the whole thing had to be rebuilt as a complete shill, the money going to someone uninvolved, and the main culprit returning as a superstar.

Even if you are more honest than that, I wouldn't be surprised if they bury you with software. That's what happened to most of the work force--after applications were migrated online, now everyone is mostly shadow banned from being able to really apply--most applications are for non-existent positions, and then a lot of them use psych evaluations to block you anyway. If not, a credit check hoses you in the end.

Since 9/11, nothing works, everything is broken.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Franny (17th September 2018), Noelle (17th September 2018)

+ Reply to Thread