+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Art imitating life...?

1. Link to Post #1
    Scotland Avalon Member scotslad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,060 times in 646 posts

Default Art imitating life...?

Many say that life imitates art, and art (especially hollywood) can immitate life. I'd be interested in a post (this one if it hasnt already been done) where we list a film title, the theme and whether there is a gut feel link to a real world event, conspiracy or little known real world event/fact....(your comments on each film would be great.)

For me, the moment I sipped my beer and watched ALIEN Vs PREDATOR, I had a funny feeling that the film was actually strongly hinting about antarctica and discovered craft & the main stream dailyexpress.co.uk the last 12-24 months has been featuring a lot of antarctica articles in its "weird news" section. Makes you wonder what is going on.

Someone mentioned the film NATIONAL TREASURE to me at the weekend, not so much about Gold & treasure under Mt Rushmore, but some other underground location in N America. Anyone got thoughts on this? There's certainly lots of underground caverns and aquifers unexplored or at least getting scanned by satellite

EDGE OF TOMORROW so feels like DARPA were consultants and prop suppliers to that movie, but then again maybe I was just enjoying my 6 pack of stella and curry too much.

I remember a film called THE PRESTIGE a few years back about magicians which featured Tesla teleporting a number of top hats, if I recall.

Anyone else got thoughts on specific movies and their memes/themes & similarities, "coincidences" or embedded "conspiracies"?

Let's see how many we can add/discuss in this thread.

Which movie(s) can you think of and what you think they were hinting at or really sharing with their audience?

Cheers.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to scotslad For This Post:

avid (24th September 2018), Bill Ryan (24th September 2018), Bluegreen (24th September 2018), Hym (24th September 2018), sunwings (25th September 2018), toppy (25th September 2018), Valerie Villars (24th September 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Language
    ¿
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,482 times in 10,168 posts

Default Re: Art imitating life...?

"The Long Kiss Goodnight" starring Geena Davis and Samuel L Jackson

- "fictional" film about MK-Ultra

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

scotslad (24th September 2018), Valerie Villars (24th September 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,190 times in 1,661 posts

art imitates life, not vice-versa;

art, in all of its forms, has always reflected the mentality of an era;

now look at our disasterous global political system(s); so-called "art" anymore in all of its forms is nothing but ugliness, trash, filth, degredation and desecration-

just look at "pop music" anymore (art?): nothing but no-voiced, half-hoarse singers singing (I call that "sangin" as the great Anita Baker once mentioned) despicable texts endorsing violence in all forms not to mention Amy Winehouse's song "Rehab" which discourages drug rehabilitation;

to this we've come-

no, life doesn't reflect art; art reflects life-

be well all-

Larry

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

East Sun (24th September 2018), scotslad (25th September 2018), Valerie Villars (25th September 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,050 times in 521 posts

The ten year old movie 'Idiocracy'
    has turned into a documentary according to Mike Judd and the screenwriter Etan Cohen

Quiz time America!!!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ichingcarpenter For This Post:

Bluegreen (25th September 2018), Deux Corbeaux (25th September 2018), Did You See Them (25th September 2018), scotslad (25th September 2018)

+ Reply to Thread