+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 5 LastLast

Thread: Avalon visit to the Hypogeum and other ancient sites in Malta 2019

1. Link to Post #21
    Scotland Avalon Member angelfire's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,270 times in 241 posts

Default Proposed Avalon visit to the Hypogeum in Malta 2019

I would live to join this trip and September next year works for me. Thanks for this amazing opportunity, Billy.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to angelfire For This Post:

Billy (1st October 2018), Foxie Loxie (1st October 2018), Johan (Keyholder) (1st October 2018), Nasu (4th October 2018), Tintin (19th October 2018)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,557 times in 5,028 posts

I have been updating the original Malta thread. Have a look and you can all see what ancient sites we can visit when we go.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...in-Malta/page2

Quote Posted by Keyholder (here)
    September 2019 can work for me and my friend too. I would prefer towards the end of the month though.
    The end of September is good for me. The last two weeks of September or last week of September and first week of October?
    I am fine with either, I will be going for at least two weeks, maybe longer if I can afford it. I never see any sense of making the effort for just a few days.

For those interested, make sure your passport is still in date.
    When you express from a fearful heart in the now moment, You create a fearful future.
    When you express from a loving heart in the now moment, You create a loving future.

Have no fear, Be aware and live your lives journey from a compassionate caring nurturing heart to manifest a compassionate caring nurturing future. Billyji

Peace

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

angelfire (1st October 2018), Foxie Loxie (1st October 2018), Johan (Keyholder) (1st October 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (3rd October 2018), Nasu (4th October 2018), Tintin (19th October 2018)

5. Link to Post #23
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,288 times in 146 posts

I'd love to join this trip as well - read about the Hypogeum years ago and it pops up on radar every year, much like Billy's thread. September 2019 would work for me and it would be great to meet some fellow Avalonians

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Libico For This Post:

Billy (1st October 2018), Foxie Loxie (1st October 2018), Johan (Keyholder) (11th August 2019), Nasu (4th October 2018), Tintin (19th October 2018)

7. Link to Post #24
    Belgium Avalon Member Johan (Keyholder)'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,746 times in 531 posts

Last week of September and first week of October would be best for us. For Malta, those that are in Schengen don't need a passport I think. Just a valid (national) ID-card. Thanks Billy!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Johan (Keyholder) For This Post:

Billy (1st October 2018), Foxie Loxie (1st October 2018), Nasu (4th October 2018), Tintin (19th October 2018)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

Ok. Here is the list of those who have said they are interested to do this next year at the end of September 2019.
    1.Keyholder
    2. Keyholders friend.
    3. Sijohn
    4. Sijohn's partner.
    5. Ben MacDonald
    6. Ben's partner.
    7. Tintin.
    8. Leavesoftrees.
    9. Starmariner.
    10. Jayke.
    11. Forrest.
    12libico.
    13. Angelfire.
    14.thalox
    15.thalox's partner.
    16.Myself

That makes 16 notes of interest. If everyone is serious ???, this means we have to prebook two block Hypogeum tours, as only ten folks are allowed in each tour. But this is not a problem. I would be quite willing to have two visits myself. Each tour lasts one hour. So we could book one at say 2 pm then another at 3 pm. We have to do this soon.

The other sites do not require to be booked. You just turn up.

Yesterday I was looking at accommodation near the Capital Valletta. There are some good airb&b deals out there for as little as £27 per night.
    What happened while searching was one place that would suit me perfectly. I searched for dates beginning 22nd September for two weeks. One came up at a total of £443 for two weeks. Two bedrooms with a garden. which is perfect for me being a smoker
    But at the bottom of the deal. It said, book for a month for only another £108. What a deal. I am very tempted to book this now.

I am only going because many of you are interested. Please let me know ASAP if at least 10 out of the 15 are seriously interested.

Just one post each saying, "Yes I am seriously interested" add friends or partners. Cheers.

update. I did not want to lose the accommodation I mentioned above. So I have now booked my accommodation, arriving on the 22nd September 2019.
    I am now commited.

easyJet are also doing some great deals with flights/accommodation from major airports. Sadly Edinburgh, where I am is not one of them.plus you can only book up to August 2019 just now. So i still have to book my flights. But there is no hurry for that just now.

PS. Could everyone who has read this post Thank it ? That lets me know who has read it and keeping up to date.
    Last edited by Billy; 21st June 2019 at 07:54.
    When you express from a fearful heart in the now moment, You create a fearful future.
    When you express from a loving heart in the now moment, You create a loving future.

Have no fear, Be aware and live your lives journey from a compassionate caring nurturing heart to manifest a compassionate caring nurturing future. Billyji

Peace

10. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

angelfire (4th October 2018), Ben (2nd October 2018), Did You See Them (3rd January 2019), Flash (4th October 2018), Foxie Loxie (4th October 2018), graciousb (8th November 2018), Jean-Marie (14th January 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (3rd October 2018), leavesoftrees (3rd October 2018), Libico (3rd October 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (3rd October 2018), Nasu (4th October 2018), Tintin (2nd October 2018), wnlight (26th November 2018)

11. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member thalox's Avatar
    Thanks

this would be awesome to go. i live far away so i would have to plan alot. I would like to take my wife too. Sept sounds nice.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thalox For This Post:

Billy (4th October 2018), Foxie Loxie (4th October 2018), Johan (Keyholder) (11th August 2019), Nasu (4th October 2018), Tintin (19th October 2018)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

Hi Billy. Yes, we are seriously interested.

It's important indeed that enough of us, at least 10 I would think, commit to come.
    No problem to pay for the Hypogeum visit at this time.
    Plane and stay, I would book a bit later.
    Thanks!

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Johan (Keyholder) For This Post:

Billy (4th October 2018), Foxie Loxie (4th October 2018), Nasu (4th October 2018), Tintin (20th October 2018)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks

Quote Posted by thalox (here)
    this would be awesome to go. i live far away so i would have to plan alot. I would like to take my wife too. Sept sounds nice.
    Thank you thanks for your interest. I have updated the list above. We now have 17 who have expressed their desire to do this.

And thank you Keyholders for your "seriously interested" comment. Hopefully more will follow.

Just a reminder for everyone. We have to book the Hypogeum soon as their calander fills up quickly. Just now it is booked into the first month's of 2019. For us all to visit together, we have to book a full tour consisting of 10 people for each tour. We may have to book two block tours is all 17 interested are going.
    The booking fee is 38 Euros for under 60 yrs of age or 20 euros for over 60 and students.
    I move into my accommodation in Malta on the Sunday 22nd September 2019.
    I suggest we book the Hypogeum for Tuesday 24th or within a couple of days after.

I hope to hear back from more who are "seriously interested"

This would be the first commitment.

Peace

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

angelfire (4th October 2018), Johan (Keyholder) (11th August 2019), Nasu (4th October 2018), Tintin (19th October 2018)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

Yep, i definitely want to come. Let me know about booking, deposits, etc.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to angelfire For This Post:

Billy (4th October 2018), Johan (Keyholder) (5th October 2018), Tintin (19th October 2018)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

To "bring back up" Billy's initiative... How many of the 17 listed above are "seriously interested" right now?
    If my count is right, we (only) arrive at 4 for now? Angelfire, Billy and myself (2 p).
    Is anyone else planning to seriously commit?
    Thanks for responding.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johan (Keyholder) For This Post:

Billy (19th October 2018), Tintin (19th October 2018)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

It looks like I forgot to include Tintin. Makes 5 of us.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johan (Keyholder) For This Post:

Billy (19th October 2018), Tintin (19th October 2018)

23. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

Thank you for bumping the thread Keyholder.
    We actually have 7 including myself who have got back to me to confirm they are seriously interested.
    I am hoping at least 10 out of the 17 who said they would love to go will come forward.
    I shall contact everyone again over the weekend and see if we can coax at least another 3 to join in.
    Last edited by Billy; 19th October 2018 at 18:35.

Peace

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

Johan (Keyholder) (20th October 2018), Tintin (20th October 2018)

25. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

Update for everyone.

We now have 8 confirmed bookings for the Hypogeum in Malta for the 25th September 2019. Which is great news
    One other person is seriously interested but will not know till early next year. I would like to leave that booking available for her if possible. That leaves 1 more possible bookings if someone else wishes to join in.

I have already booked my one room accommodation in the capital Valletta. Arriving on the 22nd September. I will be staying at least a month there. I have not booked my flights yet. Booking accommodation near Valletta is recommended, as no matter where you stay in Malta. You have to head to the main bus station in Valletta to catch the bus to other sites.

One member has booked flights and hired a car, so they can stay anywhere and be mobile.

Let me know if anyone needs advice.

Angelfire would be willing to share accommodation as it can keep the cost down. If anyone is interested please contact her.
    Maybe more would like to share accommodation.

If you feel fine about updating everyone in here, that would be great.

If not just continue with the PM's.
    Last edited by Billy; 25th November 2018 at 12:05.

Peace

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

angelfire (26th November 2018), Inversion (15th November 2018), Johan (Keyholder) (11th November 2018), Libico (12th November 2018), Tintin (11th November 2018)

27. Link to Post #34
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,984 times in 463 posts

In case anyone missed this from the thread

Suppressed Ancient Underwater Discoveries That Could Rewrite History

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1261050
    Megalithic Malta | Tarxien Temples | Prehistoric Global Connections
    MegalithomaniaUK
    Published on Nov 23, 2018
    "The Tarxien Temples in Malta is a remarkable neolithic site with four enclosures located in the heart of the village of Tarxien. It is around 300 metres to the east of the Hypogeum of Ħal-Saflieni, another one of Malta’s famous temples. Hugh Newman takes you on a tour around the site that has huge megaliths, spiral carvings, cup-marks and other anomalies that suggest it may be connected to sites such as Gobekli Tepe in Turkey and even Peru and Bolivia. It was built between 3600 and 2500 BC and is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site."

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to leavesoftrees For This Post:

Billy (25th November 2018), greybeard (25th November 2018), Johan (Keyholder) (11th August 2019), Tintin (26th November 2018)

29. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

Thank you Leavesoftrees.
    My plan is for us all to visit the Hypogeum and the Tarxien Temple both on the same day as they are very close to eachother.

Let us know in this thread how everyone who is joining us on the trip are progressing as far as booking accommodation and flights are concerned.

Because it is now less than a year away, accommodation and flights should be available for everyone. I recommend booking accommodation in or near Valletta unless you are prebooking a car to hire, As we all have to catch the bus to visit the sites from the main bus station in Valletta.

I stayed in Sliema last time which was a 15 minutes bus trip or a 15 minutes ferry trip to Valletta. Sliema was a lovely place to stay and has loads of accommodation. This trip I will be staying in Valletta, i still have to book my flights. You may find a good deal with flights and accommodation combined. There are some lovely beach resorts, but they are further away from Valletta. Book accommodation as early as possible guys and keep us all updated.

Peace

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

angelfire (26th November 2018), Johan (Keyholder) (27th November 2018), leavesoftrees (26th November 2018), Tintin (25th November 2018)

31. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

As Billy has already mentioned, I would be happy to share a two bed apartment if anyone is interested?
    Have just been looking on Airbnb and places are getting booked up already.........

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to angelfire For This Post:

Billy (27th November 2018), Johan (Keyholder) (27th November 2018), Tintin (26th November 2018)

33. Link to Post #37
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 46,593 times in 5,411 posts

I'll be getting my act together in January Happy to share with anyone.

I did meet a Maltese girl a few months ago whose family may be able to put people up, but, there's no guarantee at this point. I could enquire but will default to self sufficiency right now.

My plan is everything sorted by January end and will keep everybody informed
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

angelfire (26th November 2018), Billy (27th November 2018), Johan (Keyholder) (27th November 2018)

35. Link to Post #38
    England Avalon Member Did You See Them's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,876 times in 1,034 posts

The wife and I have been looking at Gozo coincidentally as it happens in September next year !

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Did You See Them For This Post:

Billy (27th November 2018), Johan (Keyholder) (27th November 2018), Tintin (27th November 2018)

37. Link to Post #39
    Thanks

Did You See Them, maybe the two of you could join the 8 of us? Would make a "perfect 10" for the Hypogeum.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johan (Keyholder) For This Post:

angelfire (27th November 2018), Billy (27th November 2018), Tintin (27th November 2018)

39. Link to Post #40
    England Avalon Member Did You See Them's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,876 times in 1,034 posts

Quote Posted by Keyholder (here)
    Did You See Them, maybe the two of you could join the 8 of us? Would make a "perfect 10" for the Hypogeum.
    Will keep you informed of our plans.

Got a couple of weeks to decide on other locations - but Malta / Gozo is the wifes choice.
    I'm wanting to go a bit more further afield this year than Europe, but It's a case of getting there ! - My other half is terrified of flying - a 2 - 3 hour flight is the most she says she can manage but .... never say never !

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Did You See Them For This Post:

angelfire (27th November 2018), Billy (27th November 2018), Johan (Keyholder) (27th November 2018), Tintin (27th November 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 5 LastLast