+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My experience with Essiac Tea

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member jagman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,253 times in 1,895 posts

Talking My experience with Essiac Tea

On July 31st of this year, my mother was taken to the hospital after she collapsed in our front yard. After a scan the doctor told me my mother had a tumor the size of a golf ball pressing on the back portion of her brain.It was causing her brain to swell.They recommended immediate surgery. After 2 brain surgeries I brought her home from the hospital.i started by changing her diet completely! No red meat No sugar! Greens are great! I also give.her Essiac Tea 3 times a day. Her diabetes is gone now.and I can tell it's fighting her cancer.
    She has small cell Stage 4 lung cancer with multiple tumors all over. She is the bravest person I know!

I Love her so much! She is a fighter and I'm not giving up! I'm also doing music therapy and I'm also in prayer to our heavenly father on a regular basis!
    I highly recommend Essiac Tea for anyone facing this kind of thing. We are going to Start RSO therapy tomorrow. If you don't know what that is just Google Rick Simpson. I'm sorry I haven't been around for a while PA! I will give you guys an update in a few days. I'm so tired please pray for my mother Shirley

2. The Following 46 Users Say Thank You to jagman For This Post:

Apulu (8th November 2018), Art (26th September 2018), avid (27th September 2018), Baby Steps (26th September 2018), Ben (27th September 2018), Bill Ryan (26th September 2018), Daozen (27th September 2018), Daughter of Time (26th September 2018), Davenir (28th September 2018), Dennis Leahy (26th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (27th September 2018), Franny (27th September 2018), genevieve (27th September 2018), ginnyk (27th September 2018), hermit (26th September 2018), ichingcarpenter (8th November 2018), Ioneo (27th September 2018), jjjones (26th September 2018), Kano (27th September 2018), KingJamesCorona (9th November 2018), Krist (27th September 2018), leavesoftrees (27th September 2018), Lettherebelight (27th September 2018), Mike (27th September 2018), Nasu (26th September 2018), Noelle (26th September 2018), Ol' Roy (26th September 2018), OmeyocaN777 (26th September 2018), Pam (27th September 2018), Paprika (11th November 2018), poetbil (27th September 2018), raregem (26th September 2018), Richard S. (27th September 2018), robinr1 (26th September 2018), Ron Mauer Sr (28th September 2018), Sadieblue (27th September 2018), spade (29th September 2018), Star Tsar (27th September 2018), Stephanie (27th September 2018), sunwings (27th September 2018), toppy (26th September 2018), Valerie Villars (9th November 2018), Violet3 (27th September 2018), what is a name? (27th September 2018), wondering (26th September 2018), Woody (26th September 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Canada Avalon Member Daughter of Time's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,705 times in 1,092 posts

Default Re: My experience with Essiac Tea

Healing thoughts go out to your dear mother.

May she recover completely.

You're a good son.

Love to you too.

4. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Daughter of Time For This Post:

Art (26th September 2018), avid (27th September 2018), Baby Steps (26th September 2018), Dennis Leahy (26th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (27th September 2018), Franny (27th September 2018), genevieve (27th September 2018), jagman (26th September 2018), jjjones (26th September 2018), Krist (27th September 2018), Luke Holiday (27th September 2018), Nasu (26th September 2018), raregem (26th September 2018), Star Tsar (27th September 2018), Stephanie (27th September 2018), toppy (26th September 2018), wondering (26th September 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member halcyon026's Avatar
    Thanks

It's great to hear she's doing well.

Can I give some info that is very important to the success of treating cancer with Cannabis?

RSO is a popular way to refer to cannabis oil used to treat cancer however it's not specific about any details of the contents of the oil. And the key issue with RSO is that it uses NON food grade solvents to create the oil. For those who may need to use it long term this is something important to consider.

The term used among those who understand cannabis and it's role in treating cancer is "FECO" or "Full Extract Cannabis Oil". You should find an oil supplier who understands the difference between RSO and FECO.

The 2 key parts of a proper FECO that RSO is lacking is
    1. Food grade solvent must be used.
    2. The whole plant is used in the oil extraction process.

Another thing to be aware of is what they call the entourage effect and how using multiple strains to make the oil increases it's medical benefits.

There's another key part to treating cancer with cannabis and that is using THC and CBD and finding the right ratio for the patient. You could start with a 1:1 ratio of THC and CBD. CBD prevents cancer cells from spreading while THC causes Apoptosis to cancer cells.

Dosing is another issue that many get wrong.
    It's becoming common for people to recommend 1 gram of oil per day to treat cancer... Every strain, every grower, every grow of the same strain can have a slightly different profile. IE: one strain may typically be 8-10% THC while another may be 15-18% THC.
    Do you see the issue with being told to have 1 gram of oil? 1 gram of one strain from one grower will be different than 1 gram of another strain from another grower.

What you really want is something like 500mg+ of THC daily. One oil may only have 300mg of THC to 1 gram of oil while another may have 600mg of THC per 1 gram of oil.

This is why it's important to educate yourself on the subject and make sure you find a supplier who understands the things I mentioned above... Which can be hard and is why many people start making their own oil.

So, buy a full extract oil made with food grade solvents, know how many mg's of THC/CBD per gram so you can ensure accurate dosing. Use THC and CBD together. Use multiple strains to make the oil.

You'll also likely run into another issue most people do who are dosing this much THC for the 1st time, the patient can feel too high. There are things you can do to reduce that, like crushing peppercorns and smelling it (this is not a joke!), And using more CBD can reduce the high effect THC gives. They can try taking CBD an hour before taking THC for example.

One of the best places for info on treating cancer with cannabis is a Facebook group called "Cannabis Oil Success Stories". I'd recommend joining and researching before starting this treatment.
    Last edited by halcyon026; 26th September 2018 at 19:18.

6. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to halcyon026 For This Post:

Art (26th September 2018), avid (27th September 2018), Baby Steps (26th September 2018), Bubu (26th September 2018), CurEus (26th September 2018), Dennis Leahy (26th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (27th September 2018), Franny (27th September 2018), genevieve (27th September 2018), jagman (26th September 2018), jjjones (26th September 2018), Krist (27th September 2018), Pam (27th September 2018), Star Tsar (27th September 2018), Stephanie (27th September 2018), Wansen (26th September 2018), what is a name? (27th September 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

I will use 95% whole grain alcohol ( Everclear)
    She will not take it orally. She is going to take
    It rectally. More of the medicine is absorbed that way and you don't get the high.or shouldn't

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jagman For This Post:

Baby Steps (26th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (27th September 2018), Star Tsar (27th September 2018), Stephanie (27th September 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,266 times in 2,725 posts

Hey Jagman good to have you back,
    If I remember correctly essiac tea has sheep sorrel. Same thing I recommend for blood cleansing. Please dont stay with one or two treatment. You would want to go for the variety. Cancer is the culmination of symptoms of the disease which is "chemical poisoning" which could start with a simple arthritis then high blood pressure diabetes heart disease etc. Just look these diseases almost always goes together as a team which the mainstream doctors term as "complication". CBD and THC has done wonders to my health simply by smoking it. well I started out with it already way down the road to health. On the variety, you can think of the body as a factory or plant. cells die every second and new ones are produce. What does a plant need for production? it needs a complete line of raw materials. If you use essiac tea alone you would notice that it will lose efficacy over time. this is because other kinds of raw materials that is not in the essiac has ran out. You can not make ball pen without ink or an ink holder.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (27th September 2018), Franny (27th September 2018), jagman (26th September 2018), Star Tsar (27th September 2018), Stephanie (27th September 2018), Wansen (26th September 2018)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member halcyon026's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by jagman (here)
    It rectally. More of the medicine is absorbed that way and you don't get the high.or shouldn't
    Everclear is a great choice.

There is some debate about cannabis oil suppositories being absorbable since it's not water soluble.

"High uptake efficiency attributed to suppository medication only occurs when the delivery medium is water soluble or is aided by an additive to increase absorption, and accordingly oil based material alone can’t be absorbed through the thick mucus and wall of the lower rectum. Therefore, the naysayers say homemade CO and coconut oil suppositories can’t be absorbed in any meaningful concentrations and maybe not at all."

I think I saw this topic coming up in autism groups who treat their children with cannabis and some mentioned they weren't getting good results when trying suppositories... People commented that it was due to the oil not being water soluble. This adds to the reasons people aren't "getting high" from suppositories.
    Last edited by halcyon026; 26th September 2018 at 22:24.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to halcyon026 For This Post:

Bubu (27th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (27th September 2018), Franny (27th September 2018), jagman (26th September 2018), Star Tsar (27th September 2018), Stephanie (27th September 2018), what is a name? (27th September 2018)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Alot of ppl on the net are using coconut oil with the RSO. Have you heard anything about that halcyonO26?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jagman For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (27th September 2018)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

I agree comple Bubu. I've also found doctor who's willing to give her a IV drip of 100 thousand mg of vitamin c. I thought I would try that instead of Chemo.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jagman For This Post:

conk (8th November 2018), Foxie Loxie (27th September 2018)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,583 times in 5,817 posts

Excellent information halcyon026

Allow me to add:
    You are right, Rick Simpson used various solvents in his process, most famously, butane. He felt like as long as the solvents were completely purged, it did not matter. The gold standard among medicinal cannabis oil makers is organic 200 proof (100%) ethyl alcohol. (quite expensive, and also gets a hazardous substance extra shipping charge.) From my reading anecdotal accounts of oil makers, the most common solvent used is 190 proof (95%) grain alcohol, such as "Everclear."

I have heard about a very few people saying "whole plant" for F.E.C.O. oil, but it is generally made with just cannabis flowers, not roots and stems and leaves. The "F" in FECO, full, refers to a comparison between an isolated fractional distillate (this could be a single chemical compound) and a full wash (using alcohol) that strips all of the cannabinoids and terpines from the flowers. (this is many chemical compounds.) By "winterizing" (put in freezer overnight) the cannabis flower and the alcohol, the water soluble plant compounds (chlorophyll and plant waxes, for example) are not in the oil in abundance. This is reported to be better tolerated by patients' stomachs.

Rick Simpson said the oils he made tested out at about 95% THC, so as far as he was concerned in dosing, a gram of oil equals a gram of THC. My findings: Using Everclear, and one batch using 200 proof organic ethyl, and starting from commercial cannabis flower that tested as 20% THC, the oil I have made (and had lab tested) ranged from 52% THC to 57% THC. If I would have filtered a second time, the oil would probably hit the 60% THC mark. In my opinion, if someone just cannot send a sample to a lab but they know the starting material was about 20% THC, I'd guess at somewhere in the 50% to 60% range and dose accordingly. If the oil is 50% THC, then 1 gram of oil contains 500mg of THC; if 60% THC, then 1 gram of oil contains 600mg of THC.

The anecdotal evidence (there is a lot of it) shows that people taking "60 grams in 90 days" (that is, 60 grams of THC, not just 60 grams of oil) are curing most types of cancer, south of the brain. The brain is a bit of a different story.

The body has a mechanism for protecting the brain from toxins: the "blood-brain barrier." Obviously, some THC does cross over the barrier - people get a euphoric high. However, the success rate of curing brain cancers is much lower than any other cancers, and it appears to be that the blood-brain barrier will not let enough THC into the brain to be effective against cancer.

Enter CBD.

There is a study (mouse brains) that shows that if CBD is given concurrently with THC, that a bit over 50% of extra THC makes it into the brain. But, if the CBD is given one hour prior to the THC dose, 160% more THC gets to the brain. If brain cancers are going to be routinely eradicated using cannabis oil, I'm convinced that CBD must be a part of the protocol. It is well established that THC kills cancer (via apoptosis and anti-angiogenesis.) There is also some research about how CBD kills cancer, but (in my mind, so far) I think it is probably like a hundred other substances that kill cancer cells in vitro (in a "test tube"), but it's real role in fighting cancer is altering the blood-brain barrier functionality. CBD also attenuates the "high" from THC somewhat.

Jag, "if you can bake a cake" you can make cannabis oil with kitchen gadgets. If you can strictly follow a recipe for a finicky baked pastry, then you can "activate" the oil that you make. [The plant contains THCa and CBDa, and other cannabinoids in the "-a" acid form. When you make the oil, you are actually gathering THCa and CBDa, etc. That oil could then be used in cooking or vaping, but not as ingested medicine. You need to carefully heat the oil to activate it (called "decarboxylation" or "decarbing") before it can be eaten or inserted as medicine.

For ingestion and as a sublingual, the activated cannabis oil is mixed with a carrier oil (organic olive oil) plus a bit of emulsifier (organic liquid sunflower lecithin) in a ratio of 10:1 for the carrier oil and lecithin. Sublingual dosing is preferred for brain cancers.

About 45 minutes before the patient takes the cannabis oil mixture, the patient eats coconut oil or other fats. This "keeps the liver busy" allowing the THC to circulate through the body longer. Once the THC gets to the liver, it is changed into 11-hydroxy-THC, a molecule that is even more psychoactive than THC, and not known to be medicinal. (So, we avoid that as much as possible.)

I have written-out oilmaking instructions for friends, and there are a hundred videos and plenty of websites to explain the oilmaking process. If you make the oil, you know exactly what is in it, and it is a LOT less expensive than buying ready-made "RSO" from dispensaries.

18. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Davenir (28th September 2018), ErtheVessel (9th November 2018), Foxie Loxie (27th September 2018), halcyon026 (27th September 2018), jagman (27th September 2018), Joe Akulis (8th November 2018), Krist (27th September 2018), Pam (27th September 2018), Richard S. (27th September 2018), spade (29th September 2018), Stephanie (27th September 2018), what is a name? (27th September 2018)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by halcyon026 (here)
    Quote Posted by jagman (here)
    Everclear is a great choice.

There is some debate about cannabis oil suppositories being absorbable since it's not water soluble.

"High uptake efficiency attributed to suppository medication only occurs when the delivery medium is water soluble or is aided by an additive to increase absorption, and accordingly oil based material alone can’t be absorbed through the thick mucus and wall of the lower rectum. Therefore, the naysayers say homemade CO and coconut oil suppositories can’t be absorbed in any meaningful concentrations and maybe not at all."

I think I saw this topic coming up in autism groups who treat their children with cannabis and some mentioned they weren't getting good results when trying suppositories... People commented that it was due to the oil not being water soluble. This adds to the reasons people aren't "getting high" from suppositories.
    That agrees with what I have read. Evidently, some study was done with a form of synthetic THC that is water soluble, and that is where the concept of "high absorbability" in suppositories came from.

Also, if you push the suppository in too far, it gets to the hepatic artery and some THC goes straight into the liver, where it gets turned into 11-hydroxy-THC (a strong "high", but not medicinal.)

The brain cancer success stories I have read, patients do sublingual or oral dosing. She will get high, but she will work her way up slowly from a tiny amount (the size of 1/2 of a grain of rice) and increase the dosage slowly over time. Many patients can work up to 1 gram a day within 5 to 8 weeks.

She's going to feel "high", but you combat that with:
    Biting a peppercorn
    Biting a slice of lemon
    Taking CBD
    Taking a product called "Buzz Kill"
    Taking the largest THC dose of the day at bedtime, and giving smaller doses in the morning and afternoon.
    and especially, eating coconut oil 45 minutes before the THC dose

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Bubu (27th September 2018), ErtheVessel (9th November 2018), Foxie Loxie (27th September 2018), jagman (27th September 2018), Ol' Roy (27th September 2018), spade (29th September 2018), Stephanie (27th September 2018), what is a name? (27th September 2018)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Thank you for all the info Dennis.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jagman For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (27th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (27th September 2018), Stephanie (27th September 2018)

23. Link to Post #12
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,266 times in 2,725 posts

thanks for the info Dennis. Do you heat the oil before taking or you heat it to a certain temp. before storage.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (27th September 2018), Foxie Loxie (27th September 2018), jagman (27th September 2018), Stephanie (27th September 2018)

25. Link to Post #13
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Brook passed on 25 Oct, 2018.
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,199 times in 1,540 posts

Good Morning Jagman,

So sorry to hear your mother is so sick. I know what she's going through....I have the same cancer...SCLC stage 4...only mine is inoperable in my lung as it's wrapped around my pulmonary artery. It metastasized to my liver instead of my brain. And like your mother I have tumors everywhere.

RSO is a good idea...but I may have some other things that seem to be helping me immune wise you might look into. All of them organic food supplements.

First is Turkey Tail Mushroom Supplements from Paul Stamets. His 84 year old mother was given 3 months to live and he started to give her them and it completely turned it around. She is now 8 years cancer free.

I attribute my ability to withstand the chemo I had to go through to the mushrooms. I'm not on chemo anymore thank god...I started immunotherapy yesterday and it's far more tolerable. Like night and day in fact. I had no choice about the chemo as I had a tumor the size of a tennis ball wrapped around my pulmonary artery and was threatening to block my airway. I was weeks away from having a tube put down my airway to get oxygen...I needed something immediately to shrink it as again it was inoperable. Also they just approved Opdivo (immunotherapy) for SCLC on August 17th by the FDA. I'm very hopeful and have heard many good things about it.

Here is a small video where he talks about the Turkey Tail Mushrooms:

I take 3 in the morning, three in the afternoon and three in the evening.

Also one other thing....I know sugar is a big no no....but honey is different. A friend of mine who is a beekeeper has been sending me her fresh honey since the beginning of the year and I generally put it in my tea. Since I found this next thing out I now eat two teaspoons a day. Here is why:

Does Honey Have the Characteristics of Natural Cancer Vaccine?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3942905/
    Quote Honey could be considered the most sustainable food produced naturally. It contains sugars, vitamins, minerals and has high anti-oxidant activities. Cancer is on the rise in most countries. Carcinogenesis is a multi-step process and has multi-factorial causes. Among these are low immune status, chronic infection, chronic inflammation, chronic nonhealing ulcers, smoking, obesity etc. Published studies thus far have shown that honey improves immune status, has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties and promotes healing of chronic ulcers and wounds and scavenge toxic free radicals. Recently honey has been shown to have anti-cancer properties in cell cultures and in animal models.

Quote There is now a sizeable evidence that honey has potential role in alleviating the causes of cancer thus a possible natural cancer vaccine. It is a natural immune booster, natural anti-inflammatory agent, natural anti-microbial agent, natural promoter for healing chronic ulcers and wounds and scavengers for toxic free radicals. Though it is essentially a sweet food and sugar is thought to be carcinogenic, its potential role in preventing cancer understandably raises skeptics. Improvement in immune status is key in prevention of cancer formation and honey has such potential. Recently it has been shown to have direct anti-cancer effect on various cancer cell lines. With increasing number of people seeking therapy from nature, this area of research has recently gained attention.
    If you should decided to use it be sure it's fresh and not from the store of course...I'm sure I don't need to tell you that but I just have to say it anyhow.

Just a couple more weapons to utilize in your mother's fight. I know this fight very well. I also know what you are going through. My son moved from California to North Carolina to be with me and help me fight this disease. He is often stressed when he sees me down and I'm sure you are when your mother goes through the changes of this disease. She must be pretty strong as she went through two surgeries and that is amazing. Give yourself some credit for that as I'm certain your support helped in a big way for her to get through that. I can just tell by reading your words.

Good luck with the RSO but keep in mind... the more ammunition you have to fight this awful cancer the better. This cancer is a very aggressive one which I'm sure you are aware of. The more you have to fight it the better!

I've also been doing the Essiac Tea for the last two months.

Blessing and prayers to you, your mother and family. With a son like you she has much to fight for....keep this in mind.
    Last edited by Shadowself; 27th September 2018 at 13:08.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (27th September 2018), halcyon026 (27th September 2018), jagman (27th September 2018), Krist (27th September 2018), spade (29th September 2018), Stephanie (27th September 2018), what is a name? (27th September 2018)

27. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

jagman....Am keeping your entire situation in my thoughts & prayers. Please keep us advised of your Mother's condition & tell her another "family" is concerned for her welfare as well!

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Baby Steps (8th November 2018), Davenir (28th September 2018), Dennis Leahy (27th September 2018), jagman (27th September 2018), Krist (27th September 2018), Stephanie (27th September 2018), Valerie Villars (9th November 2018)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

On October 5 at 12:52 a.m my beloved mother passed away. She looked at me and and smiled
    and then she was gone.Im sorry I didn't tell you
    guys about it until now but I could barely bring
    myself to talk about it let alone write about it.

Her final wishes were to be cremated and have
    her ashes taken to Corpus Christi Texas and be
    Put into the Ocean. My brother Sean took her on
    a vacation there a few years ago and she loved
    It. She said it was just a magical little place. So
    2 days I packed a bag and tent and left Missouri

I'm only a few hundred miles away from Corpus.
    I'm about 10 miles from Waco Tx at a rest area.
    I was just wondering if any PA members live in
    this area?

30. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to jagman For This Post:

Baby Steps (8th November 2018), Bob (8th November 2018), Dennis Leahy (9th November 2018), ErtheVessel (9th November 2018), Franny (8th November 2018), ichingcarpenter (8th November 2018), leavesoftrees (10th November 2018), Mike (9th November 2018), Pam (9th November 2018), Valerie Villars (9th November 2018)

31. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

Sorry, just read the bad news. My post is meaningless now, thus deleted. Blessings!
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (9th November 2018), jagman (9th November 2018), Mike (9th November 2018), Pam (9th November 2018)

33. Link to Post #17
    Language
    English
    Thanks

So sorry to hear your news, Jagman. She was lucky to have such a loving and caring son that was with her... all the way through, to the journey of her transition..

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

ErtheVessel (9th November 2018), jagman (9th November 2018), Mike (9th November 2018), Pam (9th November 2018), Valerie Villars (9th November 2018)

35. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,316 times in 2,099 posts

I'm so sorry Jagman to hear about your mom, it is such a difficult experience for you and your family, I know. You were, and still are, a good son to her. Many blessings to you.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Franny For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (9th November 2018), jagman (9th November 2018), Pam (9th November 2018), Valerie Villars (9th November 2018)

+ Reply to Thread