Thread: Kavanaugh Hearings a National Disgrace

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,528 times in 20,692 posts

Default Re: Kavanaugh Hearings a National Disgrace

This actually makes a certain amount of sense to me, because I thought it was remarkable that Kavanaugh and Ford could be sitting next to each other in the same room (unless that was just tricky videotaping) and yet have virtually no energy passing between them. The space between was very neutral, and that really was striking.
    Quote Posted by rodguy911 (here)
    Other rumors are shes tight with Kavanaugh who is also deep state and the whole sham now goingon is timed to stop Trump from looking into Fisa warrants much less
    declassifying them.
    Each breath a gift...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to onawah For This Post:

rodguy911 (30th September 2018)

3. Link to Post #42
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,528 times in 20,692 posts

Kavanaugh’s Yale Classmate Calls Out His ‘Blatant Lying’ at Hearing
    (Worth copying here, imho):
    https://thecut.com/2018/09/another-y...kavanaugh.html

At Thursday’s Senate hearing, where Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh denied Christine Blasey Ford’s allegations that he sexually assaulted her in high school, he repeatedly argued that he never drank to the point of blacking out, contradicting several people who say he did.

After a second woman, Deborah Ramirez, came forward to accuse Kavanaugh of sexual assault at Yale University, his freshman year roommate released a statement saying he believes her, based on his experiences with Brett as a “notably heavy drinker” who became “belligerent and aggressive when he was very drunk.” Now, after hearing Kavanaugh’s testimony, Ramirez’s own roommate has spoken out, telling CNN’s Chris Cuomo Thursday that she is “extremely disappointed” in the judge’s “blatant lying.” In a phone call, Lynne Brookes said:

“I watched the whole hearing, and a number of my Yale colleagues and I were extremely disappointed in Brett Kavanaugh’s characterization of himself and the way that he evaded his excessive drinking questions. There is no doubt in my mind that while at Yale, he was a big partier, often drank to excess, and there had to be a number of nights where he does not remember. In fact, I would witness to the night that he got tapped into that fraternity, and he was stumbling drunk in a ridiculous costume saying really dumb things. I can almost guarantee that there’s no way that he remembers that night … There were a lot of emails and a lot of texts flying around about how he was lying to the Senate Judiciary Committee today.”

Brookes added that she and Liz Swisher, another classmate who said she was shocked by Kavanaugh’s denials of heavy drinking in his Fox interview, both played sports in college and routinely partied with Kavanaugh on Saturday nights. Brookes denounced Kavanaugh’s tactic at the hearing of evading questions and “trying to turn the question around to, ‘But I studied really hard.’ Well you know what? I studied hard too. I went to Wharton Business School. I did very well at Yale. I also drank to excess many nights with Brett Kavanaugh. The two things are not mutually exclusive.”

When asked about Chris Dudley, the former NBA player and friend of Kavanaugh’s who said “he never even close to blacked out” at Yale, Brookes described a party she remembers at which both men were very drunk. “They thought it would be really funny to barge into a room where a guy and a girl had gone off together, and embarrass that woman … The girl was mortified, and I was furious.”

This is not a case about drinking practices, but about proving whether Kavanaugh has the character to serve on the Supreme Court, she noted. “It is about the truth,” Brookes said. “I will tell my boys … as their coach, that winning isn’t everything. It should be about how you play the game.”

Quote Posted by Ratszinger (here)
    The people laying into Kavanaugh the hardest were 80% other Yale grads just like him. They know what he was like in school. https://www.thecut.com/2018/09/anoth...kavanaugh.html

The other 20% of no voters were Mormon, Hatch, Flake and I think Harris went to Howard University and one of the other no votes was Columbia. Otherwise it's quite a showing of other Yale grads all against another Yale grad. Causes you to pause. Steve Pieczenik put this together by the way in his latest video just out a couple
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 29th September 2018 at 12:47. Reason: fixed accidental broken link
    Each breath a gift...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

gaiagirl (29th September 2018), Tam (6th October 2018)

5. Link to Post #43
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

The prophecies of Enoch foretell after 2020 America will no longer be a super power
    but will have two civil wars the second shortly after the first , and it cannot be helped that the country will be divided into five sectors ... Im wondering if because of the way Brett was presumed guilty by social media and democratic opposition , say the Republicans hold power even gain seats, could that be the trigger that sets off civil war ??? people are so polarized, divided and devoid of genuine compassion, friends and family can't coexist over political ideologies... my take, there is nothing in judge kavanaugh's 35 year work history around mostly women , that says abuser ... 35 years Zero complaints, gets nominated, gets to end of confirmation bam, woman brings charges , everyone loses, country further divided , both families suffer , accuser gets rich , accused loses 35 years work and good name flushed down toilet... all over high school hearsay ... stock up on food and water ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (29th September 2018), bluestflame (29th September 2018), Debra (29th September 2018), Elixir (29th September 2018), Ernie Nemeth (29th September 2018), Franny (29th September 2018), greybeard (29th September 2018), Helene West (29th September 2018), NancyV (5th October 2018), Nasu (29th September 2018), pyrangello (29th September 2018), rodguy911 (30th September 2018), T Smith (2nd October 2018), Valerie Villars (29th September 2018)

7. Link to Post #44
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,466 times in 950 posts

one problem i having with is so many people on other side never see any issue with Ford...so far i find Kavaugh is right wing guy a pro-corporate. damn shock to me that we go with this crap on media for another with of distraction and i have been distracted while there's issue like IRAN-Syria-spending bills...ect.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to apokalypse For This Post:

Elixir (29th September 2018), greybeard (29th September 2018), Helene West (29th September 2018), onawah (30th September 2018), Ratszinger (29th September 2018)

9. Link to Post #45
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

Let him without sin cast the first stone.
    What male in his teens has not tried it on?
    What person in their teens has not drank too much?
    What young person has not regretted having sex?
    How many carry that memory for countless years and the even though they have a degree of success claim their lives ruined?
    How many wait till an opportunity for maximum damage to the "perpetrator arrives?

Seems there is some hypocrisy in all of this.

Personally I would not take sides--that's just playing into the hands of those who set these things up--divide and conquer --spread distrust and fear.

I am wary of things that spring up like"The me too movement"

To be very clear I am against anyone forcing their attentions on another and I can see why people dont make use of the current laws to prosecute the perpetrator--that has to change.

However
    What about priorities?
    Large amount of money raised to support an action, yet millions dying of starvation--being killed in wars financed by the Western World.

Terrorists need arms--who makes and supplies them?

That's a whole other subject

Politics a messy game.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

10. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Alan (30th September 2018), anandacate (29th September 2018), ByTheNorthernSea (29th September 2018), Elixir (29th September 2018), ghostrider (29th September 2018), ginnyk (30th September 2018), Helene West (29th September 2018), Kristin (29th September 2018), Lettherebelight (29th September 2018), Olam (29th September 2018), ramus (29th September 2018), spade (29th September 2018), T Smith (2nd October 2018), Valerie Villars (29th September 2018)

11. Link to Post #46
    Australia Avalon Member bluestflame's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,500 times in 1,808 posts

the truth will come out , lot of people too invested in this case

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluestflame For This Post:

Elixir (29th September 2018), ghostrider (29th September 2018), Valerie Villars (29th September 2018)

13. Link to Post #47
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,466 times in 950 posts

Well, cheer up, the good news at least is I think we found someone today with the right temperament to make a fine Supreme Court Justice.
    Her name is Christine Blasey Ford.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/victorl...justice-today/

jesus freak...forb running a piece want Ford for supreme court. past few days after hearing never hear anything on Ford which have so many contradiction while full attack Kav.

someone in here mention about civil war and agreed...America are so divided. i considered Bush worst than Trump for what he done to the world.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to apokalypse For This Post:

Lettherebelight (29th September 2018)

15. Link to Post #48
    United States Avalon Member Ratszinger's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,305 times in 1,401 posts

Quote Posted by apokalypse (here)
    one problem i having with is so many people on other side never see any issue with Ford...so far i find Kavaugh is right wing guy a pro-corporate. damn shock to me that we go with this crap on media for another with of distraction and i have been distracted while there's issue like IRAN-Syria-spending bills...ect.
    Yes sir someone is awake! There be funny business about! Trump will likely win 2020 at this rate and the protests and attacks will just continue I'm sure. I spoke with people from back in my home town last night. What they believe is scary. They live in a 'blue zone and are all blue themselves of course' and they feel that the 'Educated conservative corp. elite via help from Russia and their puppet president Trump are taking over power in a coup from the 'few good representatives we have left' like Diane Feinstein and Charles Schumer and forcing other good ones to resign or be fired! All to take power from the uneducated lay people and working force once and for all making them slaves to a foreign government!
    The genius consistently stands out from the masses in that he unconsciously anticipates truths of which the population as a whole only later becomes conscious! Speech-circa 1937

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ratszinger For This Post:

DNA (29th September 2018), Helene West (29th September 2018)

17. Link to Post #49
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 times in 1,011 posts

Quote Posted by apokalypse (here)
    Yes sir someone is awake! There be funny business about! Trump will likely win 2020 at this rate and the protests and attacks will just continue I'm sure. I spoke with people from back in my home town last night. What they believe is scary. They live in a 'blue zone and are all blue themselves of course' and they feel that the 'Educated conservative corp. elite via help from Russia and their puppet president Trump are taking over power in a coup from the 'few good representatives we have left' like Diane Feinstein and Charles Schumer and forcing other good ones to resign or be fired! All to take power from the uneducated lay people and working force once and for all making them slaves to a foreign government!
    Yes, the Russia thingy is now common parlance amongst the blues. I have a family birthday coming up that I cannot get out of and I'm not looking forward to it because of all this. Most of them are blue. Trump is in league with Russia taking over the country, Schumer is my sister's hero....

All criminality is acceptable provided it is in the service of hurting the Orange Monster...

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

DNA (29th September 2018), Lettherebelight (29th September 2018), ramus (29th September 2018), Ratszinger (29th September 2018)

19. Link to Post #50
    Indonesia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,616 times in 274 posts

Quote Posted by Midnight (here)
    So sad.
    Yet another of my formerly favourite sites has turned into a Trump groupie site.
    I feel a need for a shower after visiting here.
    Exactly what does trump have to do with this thread?

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spade For This Post:

ramus (29th September 2018), T Smith (1st October 2018), Valerie Villars (29th September 2018)

21. Link to Post #51
    Indonesia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,616 times in 274 posts

Err.. in which part of the thread title or Kavanaugh's name is Trump mentioned?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to spade For This Post:

ramus (29th September 2018)

23. Link to Post #52
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,226 times in 32,909 posts

Quote Posted by Helene West (here)
    So sad.
    Yet another of my formerly favourite sites has turned into a Trump groupie site.
    with 9/10 of media as a one hive mind trump bashing site, it's still not enough for you. you guys want complete mind control monopoly over others. incredible

enjoy your santimonious shower
    Hey, Helene: do please read this post of mine, an hour ago. You may not have got to that one yet.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alan (30th September 2018), ramus (29th September 2018)

25. Link to Post #53
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,226 times in 32,909 posts

Quote Posted by NeedleThreader (here)
    This site has gone completely Trump nuts. Q crazies. Unbelievable. Very sad indeed. I have been following this site since 2011.

When you all wake from your misogynistic hangover, I will remember you.

Bill, this has been a long time coming, but this has become an unmoderated nightmare. Good Luck everyone!
    It's fine, healthy, and utterly within integrity to offer a platform for intelligent debate. This is how we all learn. (Theoretically! )

It's HOW that's debated that matters. We're not going to moderate anyone for their political views. We will moderate them, if needed, for how they're presented.

As I noted above to Helene, please do read this new post of mine. It might be quite an important one for us all.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

bluestflame (29th September 2018), Ernie Nemeth (29th September 2018), ghostrider (29th September 2018), Kristin (29th September 2018), ramus (29th September 2018), Spellbound (29th September 2018), T Smith (29th September 2018)

27. Link to Post #54
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 times in 404 posts

Another interesting thought came to mind. If, and that's a big if, Kavanaugh is rejected, the next person up may very well be Amy Coney Barrett. She was on Trump's short list. She is a very devout Catholic, mother of 5 (2 adopted), and more conservative than Kavanaugh. She would be more likely to overturn Roe vs Wade that Kavanaugh. Kavanaugh has stated on more than one occasion that he considers Roe to be established law. He has a high regard for legal precedent. Thus the question may be asked - are the Dems really acting on their own best interests?

28. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to enigma3 For This Post:

Alan (30th September 2018), DNA (29th September 2018), Flash (29th September 2018), ghostrider (29th September 2018), NancyV (5th October 2018), onawah (29th September 2018), PurpleLama (29th September 2018), ramus (29th September 2018), Valerie Villars (29th September 2018)

29. Link to Post #55
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,876 times in 4,326 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    So sad.
    with 9/10 of media as a one hive mind trump bashing site, it's still not enough for you. you guys want complete mind control monopoly over others. incredible

Hey, Helene: do please read this post of mine, an hour ago. You may not have got to that one yet.

She has probably read it.

But, as Richard Dolan counsels at the end of all his weekly radio broadcasts, be kind to one another. No matter how irritating another member here might seem when they've just countered or disagreed with one of your well-crafted, deeply-felt posts — if that person was literally your real-world neighbor, living in the next-door house, you'd probably like them very a great deal.

But it's hard Bill.

Trump supporters have been kicked off facebook, silenced on Twitter and don't even have Alex Jones videos to share anymore.

We have the left paying people to harass us on social media.
    And then we are here and getting the same type of treatment and expected to turn the other cheek, which we more often than not do.

I don't think anything Helene was saying was out of line.

30. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th September 2018), bluestflame (29th September 2018), Ernie Nemeth (29th September 2018), Flash (29th September 2018), Helene West (29th September 2018), Jayke (29th September 2018), Lettherebelight (29th September 2018), NancyV (5th October 2018), PurpleLama (29th September 2018), T Smith (29th September 2018), Valerie Villars (29th September 2018)

31. Link to Post #56
    United States Avalon Member Ratszinger's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,305 times in 1,401 posts

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    Please finish your post and provide a link for this: "Steve Pieczenik put this together by the way in his latest video just out a couple"...
    Thanks.
    The people laying into Kavanaugh the hardest were 80% other Yale grads just like him. They know what he was like in school. https://www.thecut.com/2018/09/anoth...kavanaugh.html

The other 20% of no voters were Mormon, Hatch, Flake and I think Harris went to Howard University and one of the other no votes was Columbia. Otherwise it's quite a showing of other Yale grads all against another Yale grad. Causes you to pause. Steve Pieczenik put this together by the way in his latest video just out a couple
    My bad. As I explained to Bill I thought I did load it the first time but didn't go back to check. I ended up doing the same thing this time and had to load it again because it stays highlighted like it does on Bladeforums where I have my own forum and moderate there and I mistook the highlight area as an area I could backspace out and type into for a quick link. That was not the case. What I did was wipe out the link. loaded up now. Thanks
    The genius consistently stands out from the masses in that he unconsciously anticipates truths of which the population as a whole only later becomes conscious! Speech-circa 1937

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ratszinger For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th September 2018), Flash (29th September 2018), onawah (29th September 2018)

33. Link to Post #57
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Quote Posted by DNA (here)
    So sad.

She has probably read it.

But, as Richard Dolan counsels at the end of all his weekly radio broadcasts, be kind to one another. No matter how irritating another member here might seem when they've just countered or disagreed with one of your well-crafted, deeply-felt posts — if that person was literally your real-world neighbor, living in the next-door house, you'd probably like them very a great deal.

But it's hard Bill.

Trump supporters have been kicked off facebook, silenced on Twitter and don't even have Alex Jones videos to share anymore.

We have the left paying people to harass us on social media.
    And then we are here and getting the same type of treatment and expected to turn the other cheek, which we more often than not do.

I don't think anything Helene was saying was out of line.
    Thanks DNA for stating that. I agree with you 100%.

This forum has had a very strange vibe the past few weeks. It just feels different.

I don't understand why folks can't comment on appropriate threads instead of barging in the door of any old thread they want to try and shove their ideas down our throats. The world is a VERY confusing place right now.

I think most of us understand the concept of staying neutral and observing. That works great when you are maneuvering through a different dimension than this one. But, this dimension requires participation. It just does. Many people are just trying to do the right thing in a world where the right thing has been confused, obfuscated and made to look like something other than what it is.

I agree wholeheartedly that we Trump supporters are odd man out in the world today. I would rather stand for something than nothing. It's just the way I'm built.

It doesn't serve any purpose to shove my opposing ideas down the opposition's throats. And it serves no purpose for the opposition to do that to me or anyone else. I am not a stupid girl by any means and I don't see evidence of stupidity on this forum. However I do see those who think they have all the answers and the ONLY answers trying to bulldoze anyone who doesn't have the same outlook.

I wish they would just leave it be and worry about their own ideas.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

bluestflame (29th September 2018), Bob (29th September 2018), DNA (29th September 2018), Ernie Nemeth (29th September 2018), Flash (29th September 2018), Helene West (29th September 2018), Lettherebelight (29th September 2018), NancyV (5th October 2018)

35. Link to Post #58
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

The scary thing is people are too easily worked up into a frenzy (me included ) ... step away sometimes , ask yourself , why am i feeling this way , regroup and refuse to allow your inner core to leave your inner paradise... look how easily humanity has been divided on the words of two people most have never met... you support the judge or his accuser but , we can have different opinions and still be friends ... this global takeover is driving humanity towards chaos... I fear for America ... the push for silencing dissenting views is so in your face ... if the ptb can do this to a person with judge Kavanaugh's credentials , we don't have a chance ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

36. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Flash (29th September 2018), greybeard (29th September 2018), Lettherebelight (29th September 2018), NancyV (5th October 2018), PurpleLama (29th September 2018), ramus (29th September 2018), T Smith (2nd October 2018), Valerie Villars (29th September 2018)

37. Link to Post #59
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 times in 1,011 posts

ok. I read it, Bill.
    Thoughts:
    --The need for decorum is necessary obviously but it could leave wiggle room possibly for some 'teacher's pets', particularly those with writing talent, to troll a thread and then do their babe in the woods routine - 'I'm only trying to initiate a civilized debate', blah, blah when they really aim for the thread to disintegrate...
    --All forums are microcosms of the outer societal macrocosm. We're watching, experiencing censorship and predatory techniques targeted selectively to kill choices and options in perceptions if not voice and assembly. . I feel defensive of many of those targeted. I still am sad over the loss of several key posters to the forums political threads. Yes, we need decorum and sensitivity but we can't be Casper Milquetoast either, pee on us and we'll say it's raining. I think they left because they won't be Caspers.

That being said, thanks for the reminder and I'll strive to adhere to the good intentions of the forum rules...

From Bill:
    Quote Posted by Helene
    I still am sad over the loss of several key posters to the forums political threads.
    I e-mailed KiwiElf personally with a super-nice (and sincere) message. He never replied. Noelle also reached out to him... no reply. Debra even phoned him (several times), but never got through.

Everyone has to make their own life decisions. No-one can say we don't try to help and support, though of course a lot of what we do is unreported and behind the scenes. Anyone who thinks we don't care, doesn't know us. (I DO know you're NOT saying that, and neither is anyone else here. )

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 29th September 2018 at 16:04.

38. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

Bill Ryan (29th September 2018), ClearWater (29th September 2018), DNA (29th September 2018), Ernie Nemeth (29th September 2018), Flash (29th September 2018), Lettherebelight (29th September 2018), NancyV (5th October 2018), ramus (29th September 2018), Spellbound (29th September 2018), Tam (6th October 2018), Valerie Villars (29th September 2018)

39. Link to Post #60
    Canada Avalon Member Spellbound's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,256 times in 1,040 posts

People in the USA certainly know how to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

How embarrassing for a country, imo.

Dave - Toronto

40. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

Charles Harris (29th September 2018), ClearWater (29th September 2018), enigma3 (30th September 2018), Flash (29th September 2018), greybeard (29th September 2018), Nasu (29th September 2018), PurpleLama (29th September 2018), ramus (29th September 2018), T Smith (1st October 2018), Tam (6th October 2018), Valerie Villars (1st October 2018)

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 3 13 15 LastLast