Closed Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst 1 3 13 15 LastLast

Thread: Kavanaugh Hearings a National Disgrace

1. Link to Post #241
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,531 times in 32,931 posts

Default Re: Kavanaugh Hearings a National Disgrace

Quote Posted by DNA (here)
    It's just I've never in my life seen the political machinations of the deep state so obvious, I'm in utter and complete disbelief how some folks do not see it.

It is literally the big bad wolf dressed up as Grandma and folks are literally fighting to the death defending she who will remove her mask and gleefully eat you with a fine Chianti and a side of fava beans.
    Yes. It's part of a much bigger picture, of course. Manipulation and falsification in the mainstream news media (which is a HUGE influence), the deliberate creation or amplification of a multitude of everyday problems so that most people have no time or energy to think of any bigger picture of any kind, trivial entertainment (including smartphone addiction and everything trivial that comes with it), not to even start on deliberate planetary-wide malnutrition and poisoning that affects us spiritually as well as emotionally and physically.

Those who really know what's going on, even if they may disagree on a few details, are a tiny minority.

Something to think about: Every member here is far far FAR more aware than 99%+ of the rest of the populace.

Folks, I'm just saying: don't turn against your own kind. It achieves nothing, except making one feel good for a few minutes after posting something one thinks is a clever one-up on someone else. Don't do it. We're all better than that.

~~~

@Helene
    , I appreciate your passion. I really mean it. But saying something like "Social credit demerit for me" is cheap and sarcastic. That's what got triggered. You never had to say that. It was a reaction.

Nothing like that will ever upset me personally, but this is your forum. Just make it what you want it to be, by example and proactivity. It's really not that hard.

(Again! )

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (7th October 2018), DNA (7th October 2018), graciousb (8th October 2018), Iancorgi (7th October 2018), Ivanhoe (7th October 2018), mountain_jim (7th October 2018), NancyV (8th October 2018), Olam (7th October 2018), onawah (7th October 2018), Pam (7th October 2018), PurpleLama (7th October 2018), ramus (7th October 2018), Sadieblue (8th October 2018), Satori (7th October 2018), scotslad (7th October 2018), T Smith (8th October 2018), Valerie Villars (7th October 2018)

3. Link to Post #242
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,557 times in 20,694 posts

To me, "being political" means taking sides and losing objectivity.
    In my view, and I think it's been quite clearly borne out on this thread and others, both sides are so corrupt there's not much sense in taking sides.
    If you aren't taking a side, you can explore and see much more clearly what any particular thing coming from either side needs to be criticized, what it might actually mean, why it may need to be examined more deeply, etc. etc.
    If I sympathize with an individual who I see caught up in that circus, it's not because I have taken a side, but because I see what a trap the whole political system has become, and I would hate to be in their shoes, even if they have unwittingly put themselves in that situation.
    That's only human, and is part of having compassion.
    At the same time, I can find it very difficult to sympathize with others who seem to have intentionally put themselves in a position where they are inflicting great harm on others quite consciously.
    Righteous anger is also a part of compassion, and can be a very positive thing.
    And I think there is a difference between those two, which merit different responses.
    If I snipe at the Trump Admin it's not because I've taken a side but because there are plenty of things that need to be criticized.
    If I'm on a side, it would be Gaia's.
    And a lot of the "snipes" I post are not mine, but originate from the environmental groups that I am quoting.
    Those are important distinctions. and I speak not just for myself, but for other members who I see working from similar perspectives.
    It's a learning process.

Quote Posted by Helene West (here)
    You have "no clue"? okayyyy
    I disagree. She is political. Even her environmental posts in many of the first sentences start out as a snipe at the trump administration. Awhile back she was posting them on the Q thread and would have continued if not called out on it.
    So, to me it's baloney that all of a sudden she's po'd at politics and wants to wash her hands of the whole dirty thing, but I'll apologize that my "you don't have a clue" remark was sarcastic. I should have refrained from that. Social credit demerit for me.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 7th October 2018 at 03:51. Reason: fixed quote formatting
    Each breath a gift...

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bayareamom (7th October 2018), Dennis Leahy (7th October 2018), PathWalker (7th October 2018), ramus (7th October 2018)

5. Link to Post #243
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 times in 1,011 posts

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    To me, "being political" means taking sides and losing objectivity.
    In my view, and I think it's been quite clearly borne out on this thread and others, both sides are so corrupt there's not much sense in taking sides.
    If you aren't taking a side, you can explore and see much more clearly what any particular thing coming from either side needs to be criticized, what it might actually mean, why it may need to be examined more deeply, etc. etc.
    If I sympathize with an individual who I see caught up in that circus, it's not because I have taken a side, but because I see what a trap the whole political system has become, and I would hate to be in their shoes, even if they have unwittingly put themselves in that situation.
    That's only human, and is part of having compassion.
    At the same time, I can find it very difficult to sympathize with others who seem to have intentionally put themselves in a position where they are inflicting great harm on others quite consciously.
    Righteous anger is also a part of compassion, and can be a very positive thing.
    And I think there is a difference between those two, which merit different responses.
    If I snipe at the Trump Admin it's not because I've taken a side but because there are plenty of things that need to be criticized.
    If I'm on a side, it would be Gaia's.
    And a lot of the "snipes" I post are not mine, but originate from the environmental groups that I am quoting.
    Those are important distinctions. and I speak not just for myself, but for other members who I see working from similar perspectives.
    It's a learning process.

You have "no clue"? okayyyy
    I disagree. She is political. Even her environmental posts in many of the first sentences start out as a snipe at the trump administration. Awhile back she was posting them on the Q thread and would have continued if not called out on it.
    So, to me it's baloney that all of a sudden she's po'd at politics and wants to wash her hands of the whole dirty thing, but I'll apologize that my "you don't have a clue" remark was sarcastic. I should have refrained from that. Social credit demerit for me.

Wow, I'm now feeling sorry for you...
    adios
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 7th October 2018 at 03:52. Reason: fixed quote formatting

6. Link to Post #244
    Thanks

Bill
    I saw no reason for you to jump in like Onawah was a 5 year old being bullied by bad Helene the 12 yrs old. That's not 'triggered'?
    She got sensitive about dna's somewhat condescending remark and then when I tried to clarify it and give it more depth she goes into this whole denial of not being interested in politics and the whole thing was dirty, beneath her - that was kind of trivializing to all the good points that were made on the thread mine and others. I'm sorry you couldn't see that. I'm sorry I was sarcastic. This time I wasn't angry like other incidents, this was just weird to me.
    I'm done here, good night.

7. Link to Post #245
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,557 times in 20,694 posts

I agree, these are not politics as usual, they are worse right now because we are in such a critical time and need so much to be pulling together as a race.
    But they aren't all that different either because the patterns in general from behind the scenes haven't changed other than superficially over time.
    The controllers may have found some new ways to manipulate and confuse, but the motivations are still the same-- to control and conquer.
    The challenge is not just to be undeceived, but as Bill repeats on occasion, to maintain balance in the face of it ALL.

On a somewhat different subject, as I understand it, it is permitted to comment on threads about any particular topic, even if one does not necessarily agree with the opinion of the OP, as long as one has information to share about the subject that is relevant and of value.
    Otherwise this forum would not be much different than a moderated debate.
    I think the objective is to be more than that- to be a discussion and a process from which one can learn, not just about the subjects at hand, but about having good boundaries, about expressing oneself clearly and staying relevant.
    That may be more of a challenge to some and more chaotic, but also more rewarding if growth is the objective.
    If you just want to be right and to express your opinion, it may not be so much fun, but exposure may help you to arrive at an improved perspective.
    One that incorporates more detachment and objectivity, and less emotional knee jerk reactions.
    We may come at that objective from very different places, but if this is a group that pulls together, that is a necessary part of the process.
    And we do need to be a group that pulls together, for as we all know, most people are still so very unaware.
    Even just a little light can light up a whole lot of darkness.
    I'm grateful to have an opportunity to be a part of that, even when it gets rough.

These are not politics as usual.

An orchestrated Globalist front wishes to start a civil war in the United States and bleeding heart sentimentalists are the pawns being pushed on the chessboard.
    These pawns refuse to see the big picture but forever fret about incidentally trivial items that surely do not matter when taking into account the fall of Western Civilization as we know it.

So no, not politics as usual.
    Last edited by onawah; 7th October 2018 at 03:23.
    Each breath a gift...

8. Link to Post #246
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,468 times in 950 posts

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    i keep telling people ignore this crap nothing more than a game but people talking sides especial anti-trump ignore the facts...i'm shock that media create as if Trump the worst guy ever or the world collapse but i considered Bush are the evil one got us into current mess.

No we moving on mid term and i have feeling GOP/Trump going to win it to push the agenda...i don't know but just my theory or feeling that this event of ford is created to bring in anti-media laws and reasons for trump mid term win.

i hve feeling and thought this whole crap is a setup..psyop.
    Last edited by apokalypse; 7th October 2018 at 04:06.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to apokalypse For This Post:

graciousb (8th October 2018), onawah (7th October 2018), PurpleLama (7th October 2018), ramus (7th October 2018)

10. Link to Post #247
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,656 times in 21,533 posts

From Brietbart.com and from the Washington Times:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    JUSTICE

Brett Kavanaugh gets sworn in as Supreme Court justice
    << Click >> on image for larger view
    Chief Justice John Roberts, right, administers the Constitutional Oath
    to Judge Brett Kavanaugh in the Justices’ Conference Room
    of the Supreme Court Building. Ashley Kavanaugh holds the Bible.
    In the foreground are their daughters, Margaret, left, and Liza.
    Brett Kavanaugh became the 114th justice to serve on the U.S. Supreme Court on Saturday,
    when the Senate confirmed him by a vote of 50-48, handing President Trump and Republicans
    a historic victory that shifts the balance of power on the Court.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 7th October 2018 at 05:16.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Lettherebelight (7th October 2018), NancyV (8th October 2018), ramus (7th October 2018)

12. Link to Post #248
    United States Avalon Member mgray's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,508 times in 1,196 posts

Why did the Kavanaugh dog and pony show ignored his role in crafting the Patriot Act?
    When in doubt, do the next right thing.
    My blog: http://grayseconomy.com

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mgray For This Post:

apokalypse (7th October 2018), Baby Steps (7th October 2018), Franny (7th October 2018), graciousb (8th October 2018), ichingcarpenter (7th October 2018), onawah (7th October 2018), ramus (7th October 2018), T Smith (8th October 2018), Valerie Villars (7th October 2018)

14. Link to Post #249
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,269 times in 3,170 posts

There are many guilty parties concerning the Patriot Act. How about why it was even constructed ? The lie of 9/11 ,thats why! We're trying to lock the corral after the horses have long since ran out. We collectively as a people, a Nation, have failed in never solving 9/11, the real dog and Pony show that changed this Country and all our children's lives forever. All brought to us by the BUSH CHENEY RUMMY PNAC dog and pony show. They should all be in jail .
    Live your life as an integral , principled and responsible individual and you should never need the courts.
    Last edited by thepainterdoug; 7th October 2018 at 17:23.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

onawah (7th October 2018), ramus (7th October 2018), Satori (7th October 2018), T Smith (8th October 2018), Valerie Villars (7th October 2018)

16. Link to Post #250
    United States Avalon Member mgray's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,508 times in 1,196 posts

Thanks Doug, but to say if you obey the law you don't have to worry about your rights being violated is really not the way to go. The Bill of Rights is not freedoms granted to us by a benevolent overlord, they are human rights that no government can infringe upon.
    When in doubt, do the next right thing.
    My blog: http://grayseconomy.com

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mgray For This Post:

onawah (7th October 2018), ramus (7th October 2018), Satori (7th October 2018), T Smith (8th October 2018), Valerie Villars (7th October 2018)

18. Link to Post #251
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,590 times in 532 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    It's just I've never in my life seen the political machinations of the deep state so obvious, I'm in utter and complete disbelief how some folks do not see it.

It is literally the big bad wolf dressed up as Grandma and folks are literally fighting to the death defending she who will remove her mask and gleefully eat you with a fine Chianti and a side of fava beans.
    Yes. It's part of a much bigger picture, of course. Manipulation and falsification in the mainstream news media (which is a HUGE influence), the deliberate creation or amplification of a multitude of everyday problems so that most people have no time or energy to think of any bigger picture of any kind, trivial entertainment (including smartphone addiction and everything trivial that comes with it), not to even start on deliberate planetary-wide malnutrition and poisoning that affects us spiritually as well as emotionally and physically.

Those who really know what's going on, even if they may disagree on a few details, are a tiny minority.

Something to think about: Every member here is far far FAR more aware than 99%+ of the rest of the populace.

Folks, I'm just saying: don't turn against your own kind. It achieves nothing, except making one feel good for a few minutes after posting something one thinks is a clever one-up on someone else. Don't do it. We're all better than that.

~~~

@Helene
    , I appreciate your passion. I really mean it. But saying something like "Social credit demerit for me" is cheap and sarcastic. That's what got triggered. You never had to say that. It was a reaction.

Nothing like that will ever upset me personally, but this is your forum. Just make it what you want it to be, by example and proactivity. It's really not that hard.

(Again! )
    Thanks Bill for that piscean wisdom!....
    Beautiful spirit in a skin suit.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Olam For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th October 2018), NancyV (8th October 2018), onawah (7th October 2018), ramus (7th October 2018), Sadieblue (8th October 2018), Valerie Villars (7th October 2018)

20. Link to Post #252
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,466 times in 762 posts

@ Mgray ...Feingold was the only senator to vote against the Patriot Act when it was first introduced in 2001, saying that its provisions infringed upon citizens' civil liberties.

They are all in this together. That's why nobody brought it up. I agree with you.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ramus For This Post:

Bayareamom (7th October 2018), Franny (7th October 2018), ichingcarpenter (7th October 2018), Valerie Villars (7th October 2018)

22. Link to Post #253
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,468 times in 950 posts

anyone find Ford are credible or believe her? never step into victim shoes or never had that feelings but hear so many of these victim believe in her. i know someone who are the victim had argument with pro trump..she's a victim.

if she's victim or rape or sexual before could be from Mk Ultra? she's an CIA study these kind of stuff with human behavior and traumatize seems these victim believe her...

i don't want to lie or spin in my view of ford case go with her view...only bring out politics and outside of her stories to proof this whole this is hard to believe.
    Last edited by apokalypse; 7th October 2018 at 16:00.

23. Link to Post #254
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,466 times in 762 posts

I have to comment, the use of the word RAPE is manipulative ,there was even the word DEATH used, can't everyone see thru this, what an obvious ruse. Ford is not believable.

If she was scared for her life it took a long time for her to say something. Oh I, know she was traumatized.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ramus For This Post:

graciousb (8th October 2018), NancyV (8th October 2018), thepainterdoug (7th October 2018)

25. Link to Post #255
    Thanks

So relieved it's over and the vote went yes.
    That being said we have no choice now but to be vigilant to the 4th amendment danger he possibly represents.

But as The Pres says, "You can't give matches to an arsonist and you can't give power to an angry mob."

Tangentially, I'm researching the possibility that the supposedly high fiber diets we've been brainwashed to believe is good for us is actually causing colorectal ailments. We just may be lied to about everything!
    Our own experience, brains and hunches may be all we really have.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

Bayareamom (7th October 2018), NancyV (8th October 2018), ramus (7th October 2018), Sadieblue (8th October 2018), T Smith (8th October 2018), Valerie Villars (7th October 2018)

27. Link to Post #256
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,269 times in 3,170 posts

My once wife Debbie, passed on now, was a smart, savvy and stylish women who never gave any credence to this" equality "and empowerment of one person, gender or another. Debbie believed you come into this world with the cards you are dealt, and its on you, the individual to devise a tragedy for survival by your own special gifts. She knew how to fend off unwanted advances from men ,with class and compassion leaving as she would call, "a lifeboat" for the so called rejected . She used humor and disarmed people smartly. God bless her !

People play victims. They put themselves in a questionable position and then cry victim. What was this woman doing there in the house , on the bed in the first place? Why was she in a house where drinking and this alleged behavior was happening? Could she not read the play and of remove herself ?
    And what if each one of you reading this blog was falsely accused? How would you respond?
    The accusations on the front page, the apologies and retractions, on the back page weeks later after the damage is done.

There is no equality for anyone. I am not equal to younger bigger strong and richer men. And I , as a guy have been abused by some user women who have mis represented themselves to me , and after getting what they wanted, shape shifted their way out like traitors to our word, all in careless, non compassionate non loving way. does this not count as abuse? Betrayal is something very hurtful.

We are all subject to these injustices , simple by being here and participating on planet earth.

I have no idea what happened back then to these two but they were young and If something happened, was really any harm done?
    And we sure wouldn't scrutinize our Generals in the field taking us into battle with wether he fondled a female when he was a teenager. We certainly don't mind who does our killing.

Im sick of the whole thing, what I see today and what happening to our male female natural harmony. And I know a lot of men, AND WOMEN AS WELL who are sick of it too.

Real crimes should be prosecuted! We are a great country because we are a country of laws. But evidence is required and a trial by jury of your peers granted you.

Hope we all weather this time period

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Bayareamom (7th October 2018), NancyV (8th October 2018), ramus (7th October 2018), T Smith (8th October 2018)

29. Link to Post #257
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,586 times in 5,817 posts

I'm curious if there is anyone who objectively researched this person and who would say, this is a good person to have as a Supreme Court justice, for life - the closest thing to a monarch in the USA government.

Did you want him because the democrats didn't?

Did you want him because you assume the groping/attempted rape accusation was fabricated, so, you see the the appointment more as a reward for withstanding false accusations?

Did you want him in spite of, or because of, his association with george w bush and 9/11?

Did you want him in spite of, or because of, his support for the "patriot act"?

I grew up in the USA, INC. I am well aware of the hyperbolic rift between the only two political gangs, and that once a person chooses one of these gangs, then everything the other gang does is wrong and everything your own gang does is correct. I realize that this is the simple reality for the vast majority of US citizens. I don't know if it is also true of Avalon members that have been fully exposed to the duopoly gambit.

Is there anyone here that objectively examined brett kavanaugh and said to themselves, "Now that person should be appointed to the Supreme Court for the rest of his life, to be at the highest level of interpreting the US Constitution!"

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Bayareamom (7th October 2018), onawah (7th October 2018), T Smith (8th October 2018)

31. Link to Post #258
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

I honestly have to say I never objectively analyzed Kavanaugh. Right or wrong, when I saw that pro Hillary people were rabidly against him, I immediately thought there must be something there.

I'm just going to stand up and say that, however bad it makes me look. Because I am anti Hillary.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (9th October 2018), DNA (8th October 2018), Helene West (7th October 2018), NancyV (8th October 2018), T Smith (8th October 2018), thepainterdoug (7th October 2018)

33. Link to Post #259
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Valerie Villars (here)
    I honestly have to say I never objectively analyzed Kavanaugh. Right or wrong, when I saw that pro Hillary people were rabidly against him, I immediately thought there must be something there.

I'm just going to stand up and say that, however bad it makes me look. Because I am anti Hillary.
    That crowd really doesn't leave us much choice

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

DNA (8th October 2018), NancyV (8th October 2018), thepainterdoug (7th October 2018), Valerie Villars (7th October 2018)

35. Link to Post #260
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,586 times in 5,817 posts

Quote Posted by Valerie Villars (here)

Thank you. I too am rabidly, frothing-at-the-mouth, anti-hillary.

For many years, I just called politics "left handed liars and right handed liars", and didn't vote at all. With tricky dick nixon in office as I was "coming of age" (and #4 in the final Vietnam War draft numbers), the republicans represented "the establishment", tyranny, and war, and I fell into the trap of thinking that democrats were different, better. Up until obama picked his first cabinet, I was a democrat, and held onto it far longer than I should have, based on billybob clinton's actions (not just beneath his desk, but with the FCC monopolization issue, destruction of Glass-Stegal, and the concept of "balkinization", etc.), but once I removed that shackle, I never got fitted for another one (I didn't go to the other party, I divorced myself from the duopoly.) But yes, I do know what you mean and appreciate your honesty.
    Last edited by Dennis Leahy; 7th October 2018 at 18:38.

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Alan (9th October 2018), NancyV (8th October 2018), onawah (7th October 2018), T Smith (8th October 2018), thepainterdoug (7th October 2018), Valerie Villars (7th October 2018)

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst 1 3 13 15 LastLast