+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hey Google, Who is Jesus Christ?

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,316 times in 2,099 posts

Default Re: Hey Google, Who is Jesus Christ?

When online searches upset your friends...

A few years ago I was with a friend in a taxi and the driver told us about a German restaurant about 30 miles away. A week or so later we decided it was a good time to go and he asked me to get the info. On our way there he looked it up and the search returned nothing. He became very angry at me for lying about the restaurant deciding that it did not exist since it did not display for him.

He was too upset for me to try to explain so I kept quiet.

We made it to the town as we were going to a nearby park first, and asked about the German restaurant (that he had decided did not exist) only to be told it was closed for a few days. We went to a Thai restaurant and he was still fuming.

It seems like an odd hit-or-miss when it comes to some things such as a German restaurant and major religious leaders. These are major cultural subjects and a specific restaurant in a specific town. Odd that the search returned nothing for some of these. I know it's based, at least in part, on past searches and location - and recently on algorithms to limit knowledge.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Franny For This Post:

Flash (4th October 2018), Foxie Loxie (2nd October 2018), shaberon (2nd October 2018), Valerie Villars (1st October 2018)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,499 times in 4,009 posts

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    The problem with orthodoxy....is that Christ as a man, eventually turns the power back into human individualism and away from centralized power structures. It de-commoditizes the given people and society over time... it makes them independent thinkers, again.
    I'll state this as a relative outsider who has tried to give churches the benefit of the doubt. I have attended several kinds of Catholic and Protestant services, and, they were all a bit creepy in some way and made me feel bad. After all those, I entered an Orthodox mission, Syrian diocese, and was totally blown away, the service actually is uplifting, very different from all the others. Theologically, I would still be a heretic to them, so I kept going until they invited me to become a catechumen or when they train you in their doctrine. If that was not part of the deal, I could probably remain in communion with their service, if that makes sense.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Flash (4th October 2018), Foxie Loxie (2nd October 2018), Franny (3rd October 2018), Valerie Villars (2nd October 2018)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

"Communion".....when I finally came to understand what this really implies....it was like the second shoe dropping!! I still enjoy getting together with my good friends at St. Thomas Episcopal, but will never again partake in the ritual!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Flash (4th October 2018), Franny (3rd October 2018), shaberon (3rd October 2018), Valerie Villars (2nd October 2018)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks

I tried Episcopal too and it gave me hackles.

Most of these rituals repel the entities they wish they could attract. But there is no scriptural basis for a church.

That being said, do they have a derivative of true rites, yes, and that's about where the similarity ends.

Communion is not really the correct term for what I was getting at--I don't know what they call participation by a heretic. Considering the Orthodox rite is the "original official church", there are no Christian countries west of Serbia.

Even without taking them to task for being a bit Constantine--imperial, from that view, there is no Christianity in the western churches. They excommunicated Rome in 1087. The mission Father told me their rite still has a lot in common with Judaism. I really just wanted to see what it was one time, but, it turned out to be better and more powerful than anything I have seen in a church, despite the fact it was in a cheap rented building. And because that makes it one of the few things I have ever seen which impressed me as being somewhat purifying and beneficial, this validates the service in a way that not much compares to.

You can get something that hasn't really changed in almost 2,000 years, or, some kind of offshoot that isn't considered real.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Flash (4th October 2018), Foxie Loxie (3rd October 2018), Valerie Villars (4th October 2018)

9. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Quote Most of these rituals repel the entities they wish they could attract.
    Quote I entered an Orthodox mission, Syrian diocese, and was totally blown away, the service actually is uplifting, very different from all the others.
    I am curious about this, because having been brought up Catholic, I have always loved Cathedrals and parts of the ritual, while not assimilating the dogma.

So, you are saying that most of the rituals do repel entities they are trying to attract, in actual fact for certain people, the ritual could actually be positive?
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (4th October 2018)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

From Montreal, English request: who is Jesus?

Quote AD 30 / 33), also referred to as Jesus of Nazareth and Jesus Christ, was a first-century Jewish preacher and religious leader. He is the central figure of Christianity. Most Christians believe he is the incarnation of God the Son and the awaited Messiah (Christ) prophesied in the Old Testament.
    Jesus - Wikipedia
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus
    Who is Jesus Christ

Quote Who is Jesus chrust?
    Jesus or Jesus Christ wis a Jewish prophet that lived in the 1st century in Roman Palestine. In Christianity, he is the anly son o God an Mary is his mither. Jesus is kent as prophet in Islam an aw. In Christianity, Jesus Christ sacrifeed hissel for humanity an his follaeers fur that they can be forgien for their sins.
    Jesus Christ - Wikipedia
    https://sco.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_Christ
    full of grammatical mistakes, Christ is Chrus, this is almost a blasphemy as such for Catholics. I bet anything this is a google translation from another language.. You see what google translation looks like when someone sends me something googled translated into French.

------

French request: Qui est Jésus?

It falls right away on Jesus-Christ, no Jesus alone, and it is different from the English request. It gives this:

Quote « Nous croyons en un seul Seigneur, Jésus-Christ, le Fils unique de Dieu, né du Père avant tous les siècles, Lumière issue de la Lumière, vrai Dieu issu du vrai Dieu, engendré et non créé, consubstantiel au Père et par qui tout a été fait ; qui pour nous les hommes et pour notre salut, est descendu des cieux et s'est ...
    Jésus-Christ — Wikipédia
    https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jésus-Christ
    Obviously written by a very pious Christian or Catholic "we believe in only one Lord, Jesus-Christ, the unique son of God, born from the father before all the centuries, light born from light, real God born from the real God, etc.etc.

---------------------

In Spanish, a third definition to the question : Quien es Jesus?

Quote Jesús de Nazaret, también conocido como Jesús,​ Cristo,​ o Jesucristo, es la figura central del cristianismo y una de las más influyentes de la cultura occidental. ... Para la mayoría de las denominaciones cristianas, es el Hijo de Dios y, por extensión, la encarnación de Dios mismo.
    Jesús de Nazaret - Wikipedia, la enciclopedia libre
    https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesús_de_Nazaret
    I think it is the best one, it gives history and context within Christianity.

"Jesus of Nazareth, also known as Jesus, Christ, or Jesus-Christ, is the central figure of christianity and one of the most influential of the occidental culture. ... For the majority of Christian denominations, he is the son of God, and as an extension, the incarnation of God himself."
    Last edited by Flash; 4th October 2018 at 01:59.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

meeradas (4th October 2018)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Valerie Villars (here)

I am curious about this, because having been brought up Catholic, I have always loved Cathedrals and parts of the ritual, while not assimilating the dogma.

So, you are saying that most of the rituals do repel entities they are trying to attract, in actual fact for certain people, the ritual could actually be positive?
    I cribbed that from around the 1930s in an Indian swami's clairvoyant accounts of the astral world. A very important basic point was made by him explaining how astral light responds to thought and so people are prone to see either exactly what they want, or what they are most terrified of. So it's highly illusive to begin with.

Now the author is trained not to do this, but simply observe. And so yes, he watches many churches and finds a few that have a humble house of worship aura, but, in his view, most of them accumulated a bunch of ghosts and harmful emotions. There's no kinds of blessings despite them going through the motions of whatever it is they do.

The theological issue is that we observe that since the Edomite times, the profound knowledge of deity has been edited and re-built as "one god" which unfortunately is not for all but only those saved, it operates on a violent tribalistic nationalist basis, itself being a third-rate potency prepared to trick us with any astral illusions because it imbued the material body with the animal soul.

Most all of the old cosmologies had some way of describing a type of superior or spiritual soul, and so, to the extent any ritual draws the animal or mortal soul to cloud over the spiritual or divine soul, we'll say it's working other than intended, and this changes the colors, shapes, sounds, etc., it puts in the astral light.

So for instance we must forbear with those who with In the Name of Jesus, In Nomine Filli, and the like, seem to have a format similar to a greeting card, and instead say this refers to a Name he knew and spoke once a year in secrecy.

In the Byzantine presentation of a church for one thing, you are surrounded with icons of a living Jesus and others, and also a lot of the music uses oriental keys. There is a call and response format that I really don't know if Catholics use. It's not something you can do if you went to snooze through it. This actually was itself directly medically beneficial. No one else has what they've got. They honestly look at you all as lost children, waiting for you to come home. There is not a feeling towards inferior heretical Christians as something to be denounced, but, instead, to go to church, or to re-join them.

The atmospheres I found in other kinds of churches did not seem to be spiritual.

Aside from the question of whether Archangel Raphael should be hovering over the steeple, if I were to say the main entity to attract is Christos, which is no one man or anyone's property but the universal divine spirit in all, and, how to do this, which, the Gospel is nothing but an allegory or instruction manual for this purpose, did any of them help in any way, no.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shaberon For This Post:

Flash (4th October 2018), Foxie Loxie (4th October 2018), meeradas (4th October 2018), Valerie Villars (4th October 2018)

15. Link to Post #28
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

The lesson John Dee learned at the end of his experimentation with the skrying, calling forth a certain "angel", is a warning to us all not to put our "faith" in some other being....even if it be a light being!

Each of us is the sum total of the ALL...we don't have to search elsewhere & can be in control of our own "being". Val, I, too, love to look at the magnificent old cathedrals, but a building has nothing to do with who I AM!!

shaberon is correct in saying Christ is no one's "property"....actually I laughed out loud at that one..... Down through the ages so many different people have taken it upon themselves to "speak for God"; it is ridiculous!

As Giordano Bruno put it, not one of us can speak for the Cosmos....so of course, he was burned for being a heretic.

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Baby Steps (12th October 2018), EFO (5th October 2018), Eva2 (3rd December 2018), Franny (4th October 2018), Jayke (9th October 2018), leavesoftrees (7th October 2018), Lettherebelight (18th October 2018), meeradas (4th October 2018), shaberon (4th October 2018), Valerie Villars (4th October 2018)

17. Link to Post #29
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

I agree Foxie. When someone says "God wants you to do this......." or "this is what God means" I know they are just liars.

Each one of us is a different aspect of God. We are all God. We don't need mediators.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

EFO (5th October 2018), Jayke (9th October 2018), meeradas (4th October 2018), shaberon (4th October 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2