Thanks
    Thanked 56,297 times in 8,327 posts

Default Taking Calcium Supplements Causes Brain Lesions

Posted on:
    Monday, October 1st 2018 at 5:00 am
    Written By:
    Sayer Ji, Founder

This article is copyrighted by GreenMedInfo LLC, 2018

Taking calcium supplements -- even at low doses -- linked to brain lesions in the first study of its kind.

Most calcium supplements are just plain bad news. The idea of taking calcium in pill or tablet form to "keep the bones strong" just doesn't make that much sense given, first, that we are designed to get our calcium from food. Second, our bone is a living tissue, which requires vitamin C, amino acids, magnesium, silica, vitamins D and K, etc., not to mention regular physical activity, just as much as it does calcium. Taking calcium to the exclusion of these other critical factors doesn't make sense; nor does it make sense to look at osteoporosis or osteopenia (a misleading term) as a deficiency of calcium supplements!

As we have reported on extensively in the past, not only is consuming limestone, bone, and the shells of oysters and eggs not a good idea because the calcium can deposit in our soft tissues leading to heart attacks and strokes, but even the goal of maintaining bones as dense as a 25-year old late into life (known as the T-score) is fraught with danger, including a far higher breast cancer risk for those with the highest bone density. Instead of pathologizing aging, and focusing on making the bone denser by any means necessary, the focus should be on bone quality and agility and bodily self-awareness late into life, which helps the elderly prevent the falls that lead to fracture in the first place. In other words, simply having a gait or vision disorder can be at least as an important factor in fracture risk as bone mineral density.

The problem with poor quality, inorganic, calcium supplements, however, does not stop with their contribution to cardiovascular disease risk. A combination of factors including low magnesium, vitamin K2 and the presence of fluoride in the water and diet can lead to pineal gland calcification, as well as the calcification of other brain structures, which recently has been hypothesized to be a contributing factor in the pathogenesis of Alzheimer's disease.

Continue reading . . Here:

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/tak...-brain-lesions
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

anandacate (2nd October 2018), Arcturian108 (3rd October 2018), DeDukshyn (1st October 2018), Flash (1st October 2018), Flowerpunkchip (2nd October 2018), gaiagirl (1st October 2018), Pam (3rd October 2018), Zanshin (3rd October 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,463 times in 8,541 posts

Default Re: Taking Calcium Supplements Causes Brain Lesions

I went on to read the actual source research article that the article this write up is based on.

This is cheap calcium supplements + acidic body and/or fluoride causes arterial calcification issue that we have known for decades now. It just also affects blood vessels in the brain - which may lead to mini strokes - particularly where the blood brain barrier has been compromised. So the article linked here is a bit cherry picked to produce the headline ... I found the original article a way more informative read, summary here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24787048

"Bone" supplements should be in the form of bone powder - MCHC - Microcrystalline hydroxyapatite concentrate -- which is derived from whole bone and contains all the minerals and proteins that bones need in the right rations. Bones are more than calcium - a lot more.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Flash (1st October 2018), Flowerpunkchip (2nd October 2018), norman (1st October 2018), Pam (3rd October 2018), PurpleLama (1st October 2018), Zanshin (3rd October 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,702 times in 8,941 posts

Calcium also hamper the absorption of iron. I bet bone does not.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Flowerpunkchip (2nd October 2018), norman (4th October 2018), Pam (3rd October 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 times in 1,011 posts

I'm scared now! I've been taking a powder called CalMag a combo of Magnesium and CA, ratio 1:1. Relaxation plus other benefits but this info has me sufficiently worried.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

Flowerpunkchip (2nd October 2018), norman (4th October 2018), Pam (3rd October 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,702 times in 8,941 posts

Quote Posted by Helene West (here)
    I'm scared now! I've been taking a powder called CalMag a combo of Magnesium and CA, ratio 1:1. Relaxation plus other benefits but this info has me sufficiently worried.
    Quote They work together in many functions, such as regulating heartbeat, muscle tone and contraction, and nerve conduction. At other times, calcium and magnesium seem to compete by binding competitively to the same sites in the body. ... Stress, bone disorders and high blood pressure also increase calcium needs.https://www.google.ca/search?q=calci...hrome&ie=UTF-8
    Quote Is it OK to take calcium and magnesium together?
    No, it is not necessary to take calcium and magnesium together. In fact, if you need to take large amounts (250 mg or more) of either of these, you may be better off taking them at separate times, as they can compete with each other for absorption.Jul 22, 2015
    You can take both but separately. I was taking calcium and magnesium separately, but lately I have been found to have low iron (no wonder I was always tired and breathless). As calcium hampers iron absorption, I have stopped taking it and greatly reduced milk products in order to build up my iron levels.

I also know, for having read the research, that osteoporosis is often caused by a lack of calcium - hold your hat: in childhood. If you had a good calcium intake in childhood, osteoporosis is often avoided altogether, I think.

Anyhow, we do the best we can with what we know, because all these findings change every 10 years - I know eat egg yolks, etc.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Flowerpunkchip (2nd October 2018), Helene West (1st October 2018), norman (4th October 2018), Pam (3rd October 2018)

11. Link to Post #6
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Lightbulb Re: Taking Calcium Supplements Causes Brain Lesions

Quote Posted by Helene West (here)
    I've found that the magnesium is what is behind the relaxation.

See the making magnesium bicarbonate a guide to make thread in alt medicine for the detail.. Besides relaxation, there is an ability to have energy when u want it, and it appears to help neutralize some of the calcium related damages.

I've used it now daily since the creation of the thread. It specifically requires that one not use any magnesium hydroxide product containing calcium when making a pure magnesium bicarbonate concentrate.
    Last edited by Bob; 2nd October 2018 at 15:48.

12. Link to Post #7
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,027 times in 268 posts

Regarding calcium assimilation in calcium deficient bodies I made some interesting observations this year.
    Both people had optimized their vitamin D levels (60 ng/ml) and vitamin A levels.

1. Man, age 50, intake of 500 g of calcium lactate
    A man with calcium deficiency took 500 g(!) of calcium lactate in a time frame of about 3 months. He also substituted vitamin D, vitamin A and vitamin K2 which are needed for calcium transport into the bones.
    Two hair analysis were made (multi trace element analysis) - one before starting calcium intake and one at the and of that time. The total increase in hair calcium was +0%. Nothing from that huge amount (500 g calciumlactate) had been assimilited.

In search for other co-factors I realized, that this man had a magnesium deficiency of about -87%, compared to optimum levels in the middle of the healthy range.
    Vitamin D only works with help of magnesium. Magnesium is necessary to transform and transport different kinds of vitamin D.
    see: Magnesium, vitamin D status and mortality: results from US National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) 2001 to 2006 and NHANES III
    https://bmcmedicine.biomedcentral.co...41-7015-11-187

2. woman, 25 years, no intake of calcium
    This case shows the opposite result. This young woman has taken various kinds of magnesium, which increased her magnesium status from -52% to -45%. She has taken absolutely no calcium, because some years ago her muscles cramped when she drank milk (increased calcium inflow due to missing ATP).
    With increased magnesium levels she was able to increase her calcium status by +8% without taking any additional calcium supplements.

From this I learned:
    1. There is no benefit from taking calcium, when people have a magnesium deficiency (which is common, because we do not eat much green foods and it also results from nitrosative stress).
      When you take calcium with deficiant magnesium levels, you risk, that calcium will be deposed in blood vessels, because it can not be transported by vitamin D (which needs magnesium), vitamin A and vitamin K2.
    2. On the other hand: When vitamin D + A + K2 are working properly (which needs healthy magnesium levels), one can easily assimilate calcium from food.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Olaf For This Post:

DeDukshyn (2nd October 2018), norman (2nd October 2018), Pam (3rd October 2018), Sunny (3rd October 2018)

14. Link to Post #8
    Australia Avalon Member Zanshin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,522 times in 268 posts

I would stronly recomend Walter Last's research on taking boron as a supplement for a whole host of benefits including
    regulation of the parathyroid function relating to calcium uptake and retention -

https://www.nexusmagazine.com/articl...rax-conspiracy

Of course there is an entire avalon thread devoted to the subject -

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ht=walter+last

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zanshin For This Post:

norman (4th October 2018), Pam (4th October 2018)

16. Link to Post #9
    Australia Avalon Member Zanshin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,522 times in 268 posts

This article has Last's research + some extra info

http://fluoridationaustralia.com/the...y-walter-last/

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zanshin For This Post:

18. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,695 times in 3,333 posts

I have worked many years as a nephrology nurse, particularly with dialysis patients. One of the major problems they run into is their inability to activate vitamin D, which causes huge problems with ostemalacia, which is a demineralization of the bones. Calcium can not be put to work in the bones without sufficient vitamin D. Vitamin D also requires Vitamin K2 and A to be utilized. Most people have vitamin D deficiencies. If you are taking Calcium and many women do, and don't have enough vitamin D-K2 the mineral has to go somewhere and then you have the problems described in the OP. I have seen what appear to large be skin tumors on dialysis patients which turn out to be mounds of calcium that the body is desperately trying to get rid of.

I used to believe that taking mass amounts of vitamins was a good idea, until I came to understand the wisdom of nature. Now if I take a supplement, it is from natural whole foods. You may not get large amounts of nutrients but they can be assimilated through the correct channels. Taking large amounts of calcium, truly is dangerous.

The truth of the matter is that in nature no vitamin stands alone. Everything is connected and works together in a synergistic manner. Synthesizing and isolating vitamins is a fragmented concept. Also, the idea that more is better doesn't work well within the body. The safest way is to eat a variety of foods in their natural state.
    Last edited by Pam; 3rd October 2018 at 13:54.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

DeDukshyn (3rd October 2018), norman (4th October 2018), Valerie Villars (4th October 2018)

20. Link to Post #11
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Thanks

I think that without A, K2 and magnesium, calcium can create deposits in all the wrong places. I've heard of deposits in the kidney, liver, skin and, of course, the cardiovascular system. Now OP, says the brain. Why not? I believe it. I have an acquaintance who basically laid in bed for a year with back pain. The doctors gave her all sorts of supplements, but the one who gave her magnesium basically cured her.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chris_walker For This Post:

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,695 times in 3,333 posts

Quote Posted by chris_walker (here)
    I think that without A, K2 and magnesium, calcium can create deposits in all the wrong places. I've heard of deposits in the kidney, liver, skin and, of course, the cardiovascular system. Now OP, says the brain. Why not? I believe it. I have an acquaintance who basically laid in bed for a year with back pain. The doctors gave her all sorts of supplements, but the one who gave her magnesium basically cured her.

Even in the dialysis business where they understand that Vitamin D (they use a very expensive activated form) is essential for Calcium absorption, they overlook magnesium and Vitamin A. Once again, it comes down to taking a fragmented approach. I have known many doctors advocating calcium for women to prevent osteoporosis with nothing else, it's kind of criminal, the information is out there. If you go to big box stores like Costco the shelves are full of bottles of just Calcium.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Valerie Villars (4th October 2018)

+ Reply to Thread