Thread: Two kinds of people I observe in the world

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,162 times in 3,159 posts

Default Two kinds of people I observe in the world

Hi all

I feel there are two kinds of people

1 those who primarily live for this material world and what it offers , its gifts and enjoyments its wins and losses etc with no consequence upon exit from this life.

2 those who's sense this is a classroom, a pre cursor, an illusion, a test etc for what is to come.

as you live your life, do you feel you are being observed and witnessed by a greater consciousness ?

or are you the greater power ?

I find this most key to how people proceed in their life dealings.

t y.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Daozen (2nd October 2018), drneglector (2nd October 2018), Flash (3rd October 2018), gaiagirl (2nd October 2018), gigha (3rd October 2018), Ioneo (2nd October 2018), Magnus (2nd October 2018), Noelle (2nd October 2018), Pam (3rd October 2018), petra (5th October 2018), Valerie Villars (2nd October 2018), Watching from Cyprus (5th October 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,050 times in 521 posts

Default Re: Two kinds of people I observe in the world

Is it not the age you are at in life that determines this viewpoint?

Ah, but I was so much older then
    I'm younger than that now

Half-wracked prejudice leaped forth
    Rip down all hate, I screamed
    Lies that life is black and white
    Spoke from my skull I dreamed
    Romantic facts of musketeers
    Foundationed deep, somehow

In a soldier's stance, I aimed my hand
    At the mongrel dogs who teach
    Fearing not that I'd become my enemy
    In the instant that I preach
    Sisters fled by confusion boats
    Mutiny from stern to bow

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ichingcarpenter For This Post:

gaiagirl (2nd October 2018), Pam (3rd October 2018), petra (5th October 2018), thepainterdoug (2nd October 2018), Valerie Villars (2nd October 2018), Watching from Cyprus (5th October 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

I do think we are not allowed into the greater universal arena, until we have mastered our lessons here. However, I am not sure what the course description is, so I have no idea if I am passing or failing.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

gaiagirl (2nd October 2018), Jean-Marie (2nd October 2018), Magnus (2nd October 2018), Pam (3rd October 2018), silvanelf (23rd June 2019), thepainterdoug (2nd October 2018), Watching from Cyprus (5th October 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Valerie

so you are one that feels you are being witnessed, that some greater consciousness is present , as I do.

I ching carpenter / I'm not so sure its age that determines this. do you think Dick Cheney, the Rockefeller's and some other Illuminati types who have raped and pillaged for centuries feel any different in their golden years?

BTW/ love the lyric!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Magnus (2nd October 2018), Pam (3rd October 2018), petra (5th October 2018), Watching from Cyprus (5th October 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,068 times in 456 posts

Only two kinds of people?

-

“Yes, my guard stood hard when abstract threats
    Too noble to neglect
    Deceived me into thinking
    I had something to protect
    Good and bad, I define these terms
    Quite clear, no doubt, somehow

I’m younger than that now”

“My Back pages”
    by Bob Dylan

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Deux Corbeaux For This Post:

gaiagirl (2nd October 2018), ichingcarpenter (2nd October 2018), Pam (3rd October 2018), petra (5th October 2018), thepainterdoug (2nd October 2018), Watching from Cyprus (5th October 2018)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote Posted by thepainterdoug (here)
    Valerie

so you are one that feels you are being witnessed, that some greater consciousness is present , as I do.

I ching carpenter / I'm not so sure its age that determines this. do you think Dick Cheney, the Rockefeller's and some other Illuminati types who have raped and pillaged for centuries feel any different in their golden years?

BTW/ love the lyric!
    I don't just feel it, Doug. I know it. I was actually kind of upset when I found this out, due the first loving nature of the consciousness and later to what I perceived to be a very malevolent consciousness watching. The malevolent consciousness was NOT happy that I had connected with the benevolent consciousness and tried to get me to destroy myself.

Everything we do, think or are is observed. All of it. It's very unsettling when you feel it. Because we're so disconnected from our authentic selves, it's quite a shock to realize the power inherent in life.
    Last edited by Valerie Villars; 5th October 2018 at 13:05.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Magnus (2nd October 2018), Pam (3rd October 2018), petra (5th October 2018), silvanelf (23rd June 2019), Watching from Cyprus (5th October 2018)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Val/ this is quite interesting and can you tell me more about the malevolent consciousness? how did this manifest itself and why?

and what is our "authentic selves"

you can also write me privately if you choose. e doug@dougauld.com and how is your horse doing??

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Magnus (2nd October 2018), Pam (3rd October 2018), Watching from Cyprus (5th October 2018)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

We are the observer and the observed - just need to go high enough, to see we are both, or as Valerie says, to have master the lessons.

Remember the science experiences where the experiencers were modifying the outcome of the experience just through intent and observation.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

ClearWater (3rd October 2018), Foxie Loxie (3rd October 2018), NancyV (5th October 2018), Pam (3rd October 2018), thepainterdoug (3rd October 2018), Valerie Villars (5th October 2018), Watching from Cyprus (5th October 2018)

17. Link to Post #9
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,055 times in 2,419 posts

In to which of these two groups would you put those who are madder than Hell and aren't going to take it anymore?
    That is a rethorical question. I'm vending more than anything.

For some reason I am reminded of an old joke. I think it was Rodney Dangerfield who said: "Yeah. I get no respect. Take my kids, for example. I've got three kids. One of each."

Is it possible that there are more than 2 kinds of people? Three perhaps?

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

Flash (3rd October 2018), Foxie Loxie (3rd October 2018), Pam (3rd October 2018), thepainterdoug (3rd October 2018), Watching from Cyprus (5th October 2018)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Doug, it manifested itself to me because I achieved Christ consciousness and it', the adversary, is light's foe. It's taken me five years to understand this. It truly is the adversary (I refuse to capitalize it) and it is the foe of the light.

For me, authentic is just saying, being and doing what is naturally normal to me, without a concept of what others will think or what is right as defined by others. Based on my own quest, as defined in my own terms and not governed by what society says it should be. Long term stuff. Not just what happens here, which is a blip on the radar screen of life.

That's all. I choose to be authentic.

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

ClearWater (3rd October 2018), Flash (3rd October 2018), Foxie Loxie (3rd October 2018), NancyV (5th October 2018), Pam (3rd October 2018), petra (5th October 2018), Satori (3rd October 2018), silvanelf (23rd June 2019), thepainterdoug (3rd October 2018), Watching from Cyprus (5th October 2018)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Valerie/ thanks much ! couldn't have described it better.

Satori/ well I had it reduced to two categories . , you either feel you extend, or you end here. but thats just me , someone else can think differently.

Flash/ yes the observer and the observed, so like me, you feel there is an extension of yourself past this.

BTW my other observation is there are 3 kinds of people here, those who ride the merry go round , those who refuse to get on, and those who crawl underneath to try to see how it works. I'm in the latter.
    Last edited by thepainterdoug; 3rd October 2018 at 01:00.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Deux Corbeaux (3rd October 2018), Flash (3rd October 2018), Foxie Loxie (3rd October 2018), Pam (3rd October 2018), Valerie Villars (3rd October 2018), Watching from Cyprus (5th October 2018)

23. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member Ratszinger's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,273 times in 1,398 posts

I was with my friend Sam at a Trump rally. Sam was a few isles down and I noticed Trump and his security making their way toward him. I managed to sneak in behind Sam to hear him ask Trump a question. Both of us being tall and Trump too as tall as both of us Sam said to him, "So you ever play any basketball Mr. Trump?" (he wasn't prez yet at this time) Trump said sure sure when I was younger I bounced the ball around and shot some sure."Then Sam asks, "So, were you the first picked or the last or somewhere in the middle? Trump says, "Nah!! I was usually one of the pickers!"

We laughed but you know it's a great answer! The answer only a true leader mindset gives in my opinion. I wasn't first or last picked hell no I was one of the pickers! Classic just off the cuff comment!
    The genius consistently stands out from the masses in that he unconsciously anticipates truths of which the population as a whole only later becomes conscious! Speech-circa 1937

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ratszinger For This Post:

Flash (4th October 2018), Foxie Loxie (3rd October 2018), Jayke (5th October 2018), NancyV (5th October 2018), Pam (3rd October 2018), Valerie Villars (3rd October 2018), Watching from Cyprus (5th October 2018)

25. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

At this late stage of the game I look for Integrity & Authenticity in people....good point, Val!

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Flash (4th October 2018), Franny (5th October 2018), NancyV (5th October 2018), Pam (3rd October 2018), pigsy2400 (5th October 2018), silvanelf (23rd June 2019), thepainterdoug (4th October 2018), Valerie Villars (3rd October 2018), Watching from Cyprus (5th October 2018)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

Quote Posted by Valerie Villars (here)
    Valerie

BTW/ love the lyric!
    I don't just feel it, Doug. I know it. I was actually kind of upset when I found this out, due the first loving nature of the consciousness and later to what I perceived to be a very malevolent consciousness watching. The malevolent consciousness was NOT happy that I had connected with the benevolent consciousness and tried to get me to destroy myself.

Everything we do, think or are is observed. All it. It's very unsettling when you feel it. Because we're so disconnected from our authentic selves, it's quite a shock to realize the power inherent in life.
    What if the malevolent consciousness and the benevolent consciousness are within you?

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (3rd October 2018), Valerie Villars (3rd October 2018), Watching from Cyprus (5th October 2018)

29. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Interesting question, peterpam.....I would say that once we understand that each of us is an Eternal, Sovereign Being we are far more able to control what is "around" us!

If we don't KNOW that, then we are very easily manipulated & used by whatever Powers That Be.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Flash (4th October 2018), NancyV (5th October 2018), Pam (6th October 2018), thepainterdoug (4th October 2018), Victoria (29th October 2019), Watching from Cyprus (5th October 2018)

31. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Quote Posted by peterpam (here)
    Quote Posted by Valerie Villars (here)
    Valerie

BTW/ love the lyric!

Everything we do, think or are is observed. All it. It's very unsettling when you feel it. Because we're so disconnected from our authentic selves, it's quite a shock to realize the power inherent in life.
    What if the malevolent consciousness and the benevolent consciousness are within you?
    They very well may be. I know I stood down the malevolent one and that was really hard. I do think the real spiritual battles are through us. So, even if both sides were within me, I chose the benevolent one over the malevolent one.

32. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Flash (4th October 2018), Foxie Loxie (3rd October 2018), NancyV (5th October 2018), Orph (5th October 2018), Pam (6th October 2018), petra (5th October 2018), silvanelf (23rd June 2019), thepainterdoug (4th October 2018), Victoria (29th October 2019), Watching from Cyprus (5th October 2018)

33. Link to Post #17
    Denmark Avalon Member Watching from Cyprus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,290 times in 293 posts

Hey there,

My observation is same as yours, which i would say can also be defined as; 1. Asleep and 2. Awake.. I am 2.Awake and feeling like being watched or recording for something/someone..

Trying to enjoy the ride the best I can without being too compartmentalised ;-)

I do feel that soon I will be recording/witnessing something extraordinary and it has to do with the quickening, the hast from the "rulers" to further restrict our lives and what we can do with it, same time feeling like nature is sending signals of its quickening to make another cleanup here... I know we humans would think that this is horrible if we get wiped out... Well I must say as George Carling "have you looked at them lately"... as I have, every day, just how they drive in their beloved automobiles . I think i am on a bit of a rant, sorry guys.. I don't like people as the majority as they are waste of space... We all boys were raised with the dream of a Ferrari or Aston Martin etc and we all thought these tin cans on 4 wheels were beautiful ... status symbols .. I say that first sign of being awaken is when you can laugh of such nonsense when an idiot thinks any car is beautiful... Nature is beautiful still some places but not for long if humans continue this way, so I welcome help from nature to rid the flies from the body of mother earth.. May the strong and righteous survive .

I love you all who see through the vail and has love at heart.

May the force be with you
    Last edited by Watching from Cyprus; 5th October 2018 at 12:35.
    Short Term memory infected/defect. Watching, feeling and recording since i recall. Recording for some one/thing else !
    I care about the earth, and despise greed.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Watching from Cyprus For This Post:

Krist (5th October 2018), Orph (5th October 2018), Pam (6th October 2018), petra (5th October 2018), Valerie Villars (5th October 2018)

35. Link to Post #18
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    We are the observer and the observed - just need to go high enough, to see we are both, or as Valerie says, to have master the lessons.
    That's how I feel too. Almost like being in two worlds at once. Sometimes I feel like I am parenting myself... and other times as if I am being parented.

I'm my own grandpa
    I'm my own grandpa
    It sounds funny I know
    But it really is so
    I'm my own grandpa

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Pam (6th October 2018), Valerie Villars (5th October 2018), Watching from Cyprus (6th October 2018)

37. Link to Post #19
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,599 times in 5,379 posts

Jesus went into the desert for forty days for one express purpose: to vanquish the hold of the desecrator upon his mind. He was tempted three times. He was victorious and is why he could later rise from the dead - he had defeated the evil one at its own game.

We are tempted daily, minute by minute even. Most of us have limited success and only a handful can claim victory.

To defeat Satan is to defeat death...
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Pam (6th October 2018), Valerie Villars (5th October 2018), Watching from Cyprus (6th October 2018)

39. Link to Post #20
    Language
    English
    Thanks

You present a very interesting idea, albeit maybe a little too simplistic, but i mean that with respect and not attack.
    People cannot be easily defined and pigeonholed into just two simple categories. I believe there is only 1 category that we all fit into.

"Experience"

Our experience of the world at lots of different ages changes how we perceive the world and how and what we define and perceive value to something. We are only born with two fears, Loud noises and falling. Everything else is learned, all the bad and good.

But maybe my approach is too simplistic also

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pigsy2400 For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (5th October 2018), Pam (6th October 2018), silvanelf (23rd June 2019), Watching from Cyprus (6th October 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast