Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Vitamin C

1. Link to Post #21
    New Zealand Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Vitamin C

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    Of course, natural health experts maintain that 125 mg is a woefully inadequate dose
    Woefully, indeed!

I've taken perhaps 30 to 40 grams of Vitamin C in one day, when I was feeling ill a few years ago, and could easily imagine taking 100 to 200 grams per day if I had life threatening sepsis. That's 1000 times as much. I basically take up to bowel tolerance, which is typically 5 to 10 grams/day for me, but will vary substantially by individual and by their health each day.

I've been taking substantial (multiple grams/day) amounts of Vitamin C for the last 30 or 40 years, and I avoid hospitals like the plague. So the chances of my getting sepsis in the first place are approximately zero ... but if I did, I'd be taking Vitamin C in various forms as fast as my body could take it.

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    (A thread about Vitamin C is probably in order, and this article should be a good way to kick it off.)
    Yes - definitely in order. Thanks!
    Try sodium ascorbate instead of ascorbic acid and little but often.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mischief For This Post:

Clarity (2nd December 2018)

3. Link to Post #22
    New Zealand Avalon Member Clarity's Avatar
    Thanks

This is well worth watching. The story of Alan Smith a New Zealand farmer who was so sick with Swine Flu that Doctors had decided it was time to turn off his life support machine, until a timely intervention by his family and Vitamin C, saved his life.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Clarity For This Post:

Bill Ryan (5th December 2018), Ewan (10th March 2022), Franny (7th September 2019), norman (4th December 2018), onawah (4th December 2018), palehorse (9th March 2022), Sue (Ayt) (7th September 2019), Valerie Villars (5th December 2018)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 115,973 times in 20,621 posts

Neutralize the Toxicity of Glyphosate and pesticides
    by: Lori Alton
    December 14, 2018
    https://www.naturalhealth365.com/rou...cals-2803.html
    "(NaturalHealth365) Natural health experts have long warned that exposure to glyphosate, the active ingredient in the weed killer Roundup, could be linked with soaring rates of chronic diseases such as cancer, heart disease and diabetes.
    In addition, emerging research shows that glyphosate can, indeed, threaten our defense systems by decreasing levels of glutathione, the body’s premier antioxidant.
    However, a natural solution does exist. Researchers report that vitamin C – when given in sufficiently quantities – can help to reverse glutathione depletion, and protect against the dangers of glyphosate.
    Editor’s note: For over 20 years, the U.S. has sprayed billions of pounds of glyphosate onto our food supply. This won’t change – any time soon – but, the main point here is we have a way to minimize the risk. It all boils down to the choices we make in life.
    Scientists pull no punches: Roundup and other pesticides present a HIGH risk to human health
    In a study published in the scientific journal Environmental Toxicology and Pharmacology, researchers investigated the effect of glyphosate exposure on the antioxidant system – and evaluated the ability of antioxidant vitamins such as vitamin C and E to mitigate the damage.
    The team concluded that glyphosate, as found in in the Monsanto product Roundup, poses a health risk to humans, inducing “significant changes” in cellular antioxidant status by depleting glutathione.
    This causes the peroxidation of lipids (meaning: the damaging oxidation of fats) to increase substantially – causing significant antioxidant impairment in epidermal cells.
    And, just to be clear: epidermal cells help to protect against the invasion of bacteria and foreign particles, as well as regulating amounts of water released from the body.
    The researchers reported that supplementation with vitamin C and E increased levels of glutathione and superoxide dismutase (another key antioxidant) – thereby reducing oxidative damage in the keratin-producing cells of the epidermis.
    The team concluded that the vitamins might have “preventive effects” against deleterious skin cell damage caused by glyphosate.
    Additional studies show: Vitamin C is effective against other toxic pesticides
    Vitamin C’s protective powers extend to other synthetic chemical pesticides as well.
    In a study published in Food and Chemical Toxicology, researchers found that 200 mg per kg of body weight of vitamin C – given 30 minutes before exposure – protected mice against oxidative stress induced by imidacloprid, a neonicotinoid insecticide.
    Like glyphosate, imidacloprid reduces the disease-fighting activities of glutathione and superoxide dismutase.
    The team concluded that vitamin C can protect against harm caused by imidacloprid by decreasing the oxidation of fats and boosting antioxidant defense systems in the liver.
    Interestingly, the investigators found that the protective effect of vitamin C was stronger when it was given before administration of imidacloprid – as opposed to being given after exposure had occurred.
    In yet another study, ascorbic acid (vitamin C) mitigated the toxicity of fenvalerate – a synthetic pyrethroid insecticide – to fish.
    Alert: Glyphosate is linked to endocrine disruption and cancer
    Glyphosate, a broad-spectrum, non-selective, systemic herbicide, is widely used on food crops – as well as on residential lawns, gardens and public parks.
    And, despite Monsanto’s assurances that the product is “safe,” extensive studies show that glyphosate is associated with a litany of harms.
    In a review of research published by the non-profit environmental group Beyond Pesticides, author Terry Shistar, Ph.D., reported that glyphosate and its formulated products (in a word: Roundup) can adversely affect fetal development.
    In addition, glyphosate can cause endocrine disruption and damage DNA.
    The pesticide has been linked to various cancers – non-Hodgkins lymphoma in particular – and the International Agency for Research on Cancer has officially classified glyphosate as a “probable carcinogen.”
    Alarmingly, recent studies reveal that glyphosate destroys beneficial gut bacteria, including Bifidobacterium and Lactobacillus. These “friendly” bacteria play an indispensable role in human health, helping to absorb nutrients, produce fatty acids and vitamins, synthesize amino acids, neutralize toxins, boost immunity and prevent infection.
    Imbalance in gut bacteria, a condition known as dybiosis, is associated with such serious conditions as diabetes, obesity, autoimmune disease, food allergies and cancer.
    Renowned vitamin C pioneer credits high-dose vitamin C with lifesaving protective effects against toxins
    Of course, forward-thinking researchers and physicians – including Nobel Prize-winning scientist Dr. Linus Pauling and noted physician Dr. Frederick R. Klenner – have long known of the therapeutic abilities of vitamin C.
    The late Dr. Klenner, an early (and dedicated) proponent of high-dosage intravenous vitamin C, left behind 27 different medical papers – which he started to create in the 1940’s.
    In these documents, Dr. Klenner details the near-miraculous effects of high-dose intravenous vitamin C against an astonishing range of potentially life-threatening conditions – including polio, hepatitis, barbiturate overdose, carbon monoxide poisoning and even venomous snakebite.
    As Dr. Klenner stressed again and again: the amount of vitamin C used is the all-important factor. In fact, megadoses of this non-toxic nutrient – in some cases 30 to 50 grams a day – are critical in terms of response.
    But, does Dr. Klenner expound on vitamin C’s specific effects against pesticides?
    As a matter of fact, he does – and the evidence can be seen in his reporting on the case of two boys who had been accidentally sprayed with pesticide. According to Dr. Klenner’s records, one child received 10g (that’s 10,000 mg) of vitamin C – every eight hours – and was able to return home on the second day.
    Unfortunately, the other boy – who displayed a serious chemical burn on his skin – was given only fluids. Tragically, the child died on the fifth day after the incident.
    The next step for every health clinic that cares for its patients
    According to Dr. Klenner, all emergency rooms should be adequately stocked with supplies of this lifesaving nutrient.
    As a matter of fact: cigarette smokers and those exposed to poisonous products like Roundup (in other words: virtually everyone in the modern world) should be taking supplementary vitamin C as a matter of course.
    Thankfully, a growing number of natural health clinics are offering high-dose intravenous vitamin C therapy. If you are interested in using high-dose vitamin C to counteract the noxious effects of pesticides – or to treat any other serious health issue – seek guidance from an experienced integrative physician to determine what’s best for you.
    To sum up, Monsanto continues to insist its products are ‘safe.’ But, in reality, we all know that synthetic chemicals pose a grave danger to human and environmental health.
    But, without a doubt, the papers of Dr. Klenner serve as a blueprint for a plan of recovery from exposure to Roundup and other toxic substances. Hopefully, the powers-that-be will listen. But, if not, we should still take action to protect ourselves.
    Eat organic food, avoid the use of toxic chemicals in and around your home and take vitamin C – every day.
    Source for this article include:

SustainablePulse.com
    EcoWatch.com
    ScienceDirect.com
    Scribd.com
    Seanet.com
    ScienceDirect.com
    Each breath a gift...

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

avid (7th September 2019), Bruno (17th December 2018), Ewan (10th March 2022), ThePythonicCow (17th December 2018)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,478 times in 2,544 posts

My husband had what they call a "triple A" (abdominal aortic aneurysm) rupture at home, that we did not know was there. As fate would have it, a wonderful, devoted, older surgeon happened to be visiting the ER when my husband arrived, and immediately flew into action. I was told that he likely wouldn't make it, or possibly would lose both legs and be on dialysis for life.

But this surgeon was devoted and compelled with saving him. I felt hopeful and reassured when I checked the IV's going into him, and noticed a large bag of Vitamin C. I also observed this surgeon pouring over large, old medical tomes. The surgeon actually slept in the room next to my husband, staying there and available for over 24 hours of crisis. That was 9 years ago now, and my first encounter with the actual use of Vitamin C during crisis.

Here's another article I read today about Vitamin C. Basically, it starts with how chronic stress feeds and may cause cancer due to epinephrine. (rather than cortisol). But at the end of the article it states this:

Quote Is vitamin C the answer?
    Next, the researchers validated their results by studying blood epinephrine levels in 83 people with breast cancer.

Sure enough, they found that people with high blood levels of epinephrine also had excess lactate dehydrogenase in cancer tumors — which the researchers had access to through breast cancer biopsy samples.

Also, people who had higher levels of the stress hormone were likelier to have poorer outcomes following treatment when compared with people with lower epinephrine levels.

Next, the scientists tried to see whether or not they could identify a strategy to block epinephrine's ill effects on the system. In laboratory tests on breast cancer cell lines, they analyzed the effects of a few Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved drugs on lactate dehydrogenase production.

The most promising substance that the investigators settled on was actually vitamin C, which blocked actate dehydrogenase production in laboratory experiments. When the investigators tested this approach in mouse models, they obtained the same results: Stressed mice they'd injected with vitamin C experienced tumor shrinkage.

"Taken together, these findings show that vitamin C might be a novel and effective therapeutic agent for targeting cancer in patients undergoing chronic stress," concludes Liu.
    Link - How chronic stress boosts cancer cell growth
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

avid (7th September 2019), Ewan (10th March 2022), Franny (7th September 2019), Inaiá (8th September 2019), T Smith (7th September 2019)

9. Link to Post #25
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,573 times in 2,645 posts

At last - promote this far and wide. vitamin C intravenously can stop so much stuff detrimental to health. It can annihilate cancers, block tumour spreads. But why is this not commonly available? Because big pharma can’t patent it as it is NATURAL, so it’s efficacy is deliberately trashed, or made illegal (ie pure cannabis oil, without the ‘high’ factor, can cure most cancers), but no profit for big Pharma....
    Time we took back our health freedom and release blocks on natural remedies, since the very early times when herbal remedies worked wonders.

Remember in the old days, stung by a nettle, soothed by a dockin...
    Last edited by avid; 7th September 2019 at 19:39.
    The love you withhold is the pain that you carry
    and er..
    "Chariots of the Globs" (apols to Fat Freddy's Cat)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to avid For This Post:

Ewan (10th March 2022)

11. Link to Post #26
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,373 times in 1,568 posts

Quote Posted by Clarity (here)
    This is well worth watching. The story of Alan Smith a New Zealand farmer who was so sick with Swine Flu that Doctors had decided it was time to turn off his life support machine, until a timely intervention by his family and Vitamin C, saved his life.

This was a very good example that it works, the hospital initially refused to do the IVC

I have an article I saved long ago about it, in this article there is another case where was possible to save people's life, one little girl had a bite from a black widow spider (usually it is fatal) and she recovered very quickly after received the IVC.

Title of the article: "High Dosages of Vitamin C for Viral and Poisons"

I am taking about 2g of Vit C regularly, so far so good.
    --
    A chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to palehorse For This Post:

avid (9th March 2022), Ewan (10th March 2022), Orph (9th March 2022)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2