+ Reply to Thread

Thread: There Be Some Funny Biz Going On At Twitter Me Thinks!

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Ratszinger's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,305 times in 1,401 posts

Default There Be Some Funny Biz Going On At Twitter Me Thinks!

I went to bed last night with 67 followers on Twitter. I follow only those I have interest in usually public figures and have always had very few followers. 67 was the record high for me. I woke this morning though with 98! I'm like WTF! I didn't do anything, and nothing new happened or came up. No one clicked a bunch of likes or anything that indicated a tweet I made had any impact!

So everyone else is on there complaining about losing hundreds and thousands even and I wake up with more? So am I seeing 'redistribution' or is some other under the table shenanigans going on? Anyone else?
    The genius consistently stands out from the masses in that he unconsciously anticipates truths of which the population as a whole only later becomes conscious! Speech-circa 1937

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ratszinger For This Post:

avid (10th October 2018), badmotorfinger (9th October 2018), Bill Ryan (9th October 2018), Matthew (9th October 2018), Nasu (9th October 2018), raregem (10th October 2018), RunningDeer (9th October 2018), Sadieblue (10th October 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,264 times in 1,414 posts

Default Re: There Be Some Funny Biz Going On At Twitter Me Thinks!

Sorry to hear of your twitter probs. I never use twitter, but i suppose it can be useful.
    Last edited by Justplain; 9th October 2018 at 17:23.

4. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Ratszinger's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,305 times in 1,401 posts

Quote Posted by Justplain (here)
    Sorry to hear of your twitter probs. I never use twitter, but i suppose it can be useful.
    Well, they changed it so you can't read Tweets unless you are a member. Used to be you could see them. Now they have to be copied and pasted but it's not the tweet I guess? Anyway, I never used it much and it's not a complaint so much as an observation. I just find it interesting that while others are complaining of losing so many I suddenly get a bunch more overnight! Someone told me my name may have ended up on a 'list' whatever that is. Anyway, it's not been a big deal but at around this same time FaceBook is going wild with a bunch of friend requests all of which are fake and not the people they pretend to be. Most of the ones I get are people already friends of mine.
    The genius consistently stands out from the masses in that he unconsciously anticipates truths of which the population as a whole only later becomes conscious! Speech-circa 1937

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ratszinger For This Post:

raregem (10th October 2018)

6. Link to Post #4
    Scotland Avalon Member badmotorfinger's Avatar
    Thanks

That does sound weird.

The only shenanigans I've noticed on Twitter personally, is my being shadow-banned any time I tweet text relating to something Twitter deems needing buried rather than seen.
    Amusingly, if I can be bothered making a jpeg of a humorous picture with the same info embedded in it, the algorithms seem to miss it & people can see it.

I wonder if this is part of the reason for the unelected EU bureaucrats issuing diktats which effectively ban memes?! o_O

7. The Following User Says Thank You to badmotorfinger For This Post:

raregem (10th October 2018)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,467 times in 267 posts

Usually those are bots. Follow them back and they may send you some spam.
    To connect humankind with itself and the Cosmos!

+ Reply to Thread