+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Did Wernher Von Braun ever make a follow-up statement to this...?

1. Link to Post #1
    Scotland Avalon Member scotslad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,060 times in 646 posts

Default Did Wernher Von Braun ever make a follow-up statement to this...?

Back in 1959, and a few years after Project Paper Clip,

Wernher Von Braun, then the "imported head of Nasa" is reputed to have made the following statement...

"We find ourselves faced by powers which are far stronger than we had hitherto assumed, and whos base is at present unknown to us. More I cannot say at present. We are now engaged into closer contact with those powers and in six or nine months' time it may be possible to speak with more precision on the matter."

Anyone know if he ever did follow that one up with an even more "open" statement?

I also recall a statement made by Reagan in 1985 -

"I couldn't help but — one point in our discussions privately with General Secretary Gorbachev — when you stop to think that we're all God's children, wherever we may live in the world, I couldn't help but say to him, just think how easy his task and mine might be in these meetings that we held if suddenly there was a threat to this world from some other species, from another planet, outside in the universe. We'd forget all the little local differences that we have between our countries, and we would find out once and for all that we really are all human beings here on this Earth together. Well, I don't suppose we can wait for some alien race to come down and threaten us, but I think that between us we can bring about that realization."

..& another one he made 2 years later addressing the 42nd session of the United nations -

"In our obsession with antagonisms of the moment, we often forget how much unites all the members of humanity. Perhaps we need some outside, universal threat to make us recognize this common bond. I occasionally think how quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world. And yet, I ask you, is not an alien force already among us? What could be more alien to the universal aspirations of our peoples than war and the threat of war?"

Anyone got any good UFO inuendo laden quotes of more recent prominent people in power (not whistleblowers)?

Thanks
    Last edited by scotslad; 12th October 2018 at 16:44.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to scotslad For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th October 2018), Bruno (12th October 2018), Denise/Dizi (26th February 2020), happyuk (12th October 2018), Ivanhoe (13th October 2018), James (23rd January 2020), Magnus (12th October 2018), mountain_jim (13th October 2018), Nasu (13th October 2018), Sadieblue (13th October 2018), Strat (23rd January 2020), Sunny-side-up (13th October 2018), toppy (13th October 2018), Valerie Villars (12th October 2018), Wansen (12th October 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,050 times in 521 posts

Default Re: Did Wernher Von Braun ever make a follow-up statement to this...?

Can you give a documented link to the Wernher von Braun quote? I know it was attributed to him but can't find where and who he said it to.

I Aim at the Stars (1960), also titled Wernher von Braun and Ich greife nach den Sternen ("I Reach for the Stars"); von Braun played by Curd Jürgens, his wife Maria played by Victoria Shaw.[108] Although it was said that satirist Mort Sahl suggested the subtitle "But Sometimes I Hit London", the line appears in the film itself, spoken by actor James Daly who plays the cynical American press officer.

Short scene of the film but can be seen in its entirety on Putlocker

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ichingcarpenter For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd January 2020), Bruno (12th October 2018), Denise/Dizi (26th February 2020), Ivanhoe (13th October 2018), scotslad (12th October 2018), Sunny-side-up (13th October 2018), toppy (13th October 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Scotland Avalon Member scotslad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,060 times in 646 posts

Iching, here u go squire - http://www.look4ward.co.uk/x-files/m...super-science/ refers to Werhner Von Braun. From “Above Top Secret” by Timothy Good, William Morrow and Company, Inc. 1988.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to scotslad For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd January 2020), Denise/Dizi (26th February 2020), ichingcarpenter (12th October 2018), Magnus (12th October 2018), Sunny-side-up (13th October 2018), toppy (13th October 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,010 times in 2,112 posts

I wish my great uncle was alive, he died some 20 years ago, He was an engineer in propulsion and I just found out recently he worked with Von Braun. He also was one of the guys that designed the 1st space shuttle engines. Was a great guy.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd January 2020), Denise/Dizi (26th February 2020), Sunny-side-up (13th October 2018), toppy (13th October 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,460 times in 21,114 posts

Exclamation Re: Did Wernher Von Braun ever make a follow-up statement to this...?

Wernher von Braun: his story told. "Missile to Moon", documentary:

Operation Paperclip (Project Overcast!).
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 23rd January 2020 at 19:00.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Denise/Dizi (26th February 2020)

+ Reply to Thread