+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Justice Kavanaugh and Black Men in America

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Default Justice Kavanaugh and Black Men in America

Brett Kavanaugh, with his distinctly Anglo-Saxon last name, would be a quintessential WASP if he weren't Catholic. But surprisingly enough, his public ordeal has apparently resonated with many black men in the United States.

Quote The Black Men Who Identify with Brett Kavanaugh Understand the Stakes

Earlier today, freshly minted Atlantic writer Jemele Hill published a piece that broke new ground in the Brett Kavanaugh debate. She revealed that, in her experience, black men were more sympathetic to Kavanaugh than she anticipated:

On Tuesday night, I was in an auditorium with 100 black men in the city of Baltimore, when the subject pivoted to Brett Kavanaugh. I expected to hear frustration that the sexual-assault allegations against him had failed to derail his Supreme Court appointment. Instead, I encountered sympathy. One man stood up and asked, passionately, “What happened to due process?” He was met with a smattering of applause, and an array of head nods.

Hill says this support makes a “twisted kind of sense,” because, “Countless times, black men have had to witness the careers and reputations of other black men ruthlessly destroyed because of unproved rape and sexual-assault accusations.” But there’s nothing “twisted” about it. Their experience highlights the vital importance of due process and the presumption of innocence.
    https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...on-fight-race/

The most obvious example of this is none other than Justice Clarence Thomas.

When Justice Thomas was nominated, he went through the same ordeal of being accused of inappropriate sexual advances during his own confirmation hearing by Anita Hill.

Apparently false accusations are a problem that particularly afflicts the black community:

Quote In fact, according to a report she cites, while black men account for 22 percent of sexual-assault convictions, they account for a whopping 59 percent of exonerations. And that’s just criminal convictions and exonerations.

The corporate media has a new slogan: "believe women!" If you don't automatically "believe women," you're the latest addition to the "literally Hitler" category. But I wonder how many of these people who pledge to unquestioningly believe accusers would support a law that would have false accusers locked up for the same amount of time their targets faced.

If a man is facing a rape charge that would see him locked up for 10 or 20 years, and through legal proceedings it is found that the accuser is lying, then the accuser should be charged and face the same 10 or 20 years in prison. Make that a law and then I really would be more inclined to believe the accusers, because if they're lying, they're going away for a long time.

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Default Re: Justice Kavanaugh and Black Men in America

I don't think anyone is Hitler that disagrees with #metoo or #believewomen but I do want to hear more about their lived experience because my lived experience and the experiences of the women I know would make it hard to not put the onus on the accused to defend themselves.

Many men think they have the right to touch and say what ever they want to women, particularly young women. Before I was 20 I had multiple men (strangers) expose themselves in front of me, one man that I worked with masturbated in front of me, many men that I knew growing up touched me when I didn't want to be touched; including my butt and breasts. I don't know women who haven't had experiences like this. It's a rare woman that hasn't been sexually harassed, abused or raped in her lifetime. Does that mean every accusation is true, no, but for me the accused better have a damn good story.

I am not going to spend my morning looking at stats just to have some one else on here find other stats. - No not all men, not even most men are sexually inappropriate or rapists- but the ones that do seem to make up for the rest.

I am also certain there is a lot more sexual harassing and raping happening to women and men then there are people making up false accusations.

This also does not mean I believe or don't believe Ford over Kavanaugh. Because there is so much on the line in a situation like that it is obvious to see that no matter what the truth was the situation was used for as much political fuel as possible by the democrats.

However, I will not feel sorry for Kavanaugh. If we live in a world where a woman better think twice before walking alone after dark or being around drunk men at a party than we also live in a world where supreme court nominee's better have extensive background checks and be held to a higher standard. In the end, guilty or innocent, Kavanaugh got through.

I'll leave you with a famous quote from author Margaret Atwood that sums up my point of view.

“Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them.”

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bruno For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (17th October 2018), ichingcarpenter (17th October 2018), Ioneo (17th October 2018), Matt P (17th October 2018), Sadieblue (18th October 2018), TargeT (17th October 2018), Valerie Villars (17th October 2018)

4. Link to Post #3
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

I'll look some numbers up for you

Quote Posted by Bruno (here)
    ....However, I will not feel sorry for Kavanaugh. If we live in a world where a woman better think twice before walking alone after dark............
    Men should be FAR more afraid to walk alone after dark... what world do you live in???

“Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them.”
    Homicides in US (2010):

% of homicide victims that were male:
    77.8%

women killed their spouse, an intimate acquaintance, or a family member in 60% of the cases.

Men kill everyone, women kill those they love......

Not sure how this is related to a CLEARLY false allegation against Kavanaugh; be careful how you play the victim tune... You are NOT in the majority victim group right now, those you rail against are..... you are spouting the MSM line of victim hood that is not realistic and causes further divide....
    Last edited by TargeT; 17th October 2018 at 15:02.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

5. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (18th October 2018), Alan (19th October 2018), angelfire (17th October 2018), DNA (18th October 2018), Joe (17th October 2018), Matt P (17th October 2018), NancyV (17th October 2018), Pam (17th October 2018), robinr1 (17th October 2018), zebowho (17th October 2018)

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Targe, I don't see myself as a victim. That is your word choice. I have been sexually harassed and even raped, but I don't see myself as a victim. I bring it up because I was trying to focus on personal experience and the experiences of the women I know. I don't know people personally who make up sexual assault allegations. It is exceedingly rare because of the risks involved in reporting; not being believed, low probability of conviction, fear, shame, etc.

Yes male on male violence is also high. What's your point?

Targe, nothing about the allegation made against Kavanaugh nor the result was clear to me. I don't see any clear truth in this situation.

I don't doubt the Dems used Ford to fit their agenda. I don't know if Ford's story is complete fabrication, hyperbole or the truth. How the story is being talked about really bothers me though.

I do know that I am sick and tired of people acting like Men are under attack and innocent men are going to jail or that their reputations are being ruined. You can say that I am spouting the MSM line..... if I am, so be it, it happens to make sense given the women I know.

Yes Men should likely stay inside after dark as well but that wasn't my point.... women are constantly shamed for putting themselves in "risky" situations like walking alone at night, drinking or wearing "provocative" clothing if they are sexually assaulted.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bruno For This Post:

TargeT (17th October 2018)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Targe, nothing about the allegation made against Kavanaugh nor the result was clear to me. I don't see any clear truth in this situation.

I don't doubt the Dems used Ford to fit their agenda. I don't know if Ford's story is complete fabrication, hyperbole or the truth. How the story is being talked about really bothers me though.
    I think something probably happened to her, I don't think Kavanaugh was involved... I think Ford is exactly whats wrong with the situation, and making it worse for actual victims... DUE PROCESS MUST OCCUR. and it was disturbingly clear that she (FORD) had practiced her little voice delivery, and used every trick in the book to try and seem genuine... I was disgusted, especially when it later came out that she had previously coached people for lie detector tests, was a psychology professional & her "I was afraid to fly" mess... it was such a debacle.

Don't take my word for it:

I do know that I am sick and tired of people acting like Men are under attack and innocent men are going to jail or that their reputations are being ruined.
    So..... that DOES NOT happen? we have numerous examples that it does, in fact occur, and quite often. (probably far less than real events occur, but it still needs to be acknowledged that this happens).

I do not say this to excuse actual perpetrators, but acting like this (false accusations) isn't a "thing" to do as of late is a bit naive.

women are constantly shamed for putting themselves in "risky" situations like walking alone at night, drinking or wearing "provocative" clothing if they are sexually assaulted.
    it's not 1970... that still happens?

I'd say less than men being falsely accused of sexual misconduct... that's a very popular thing right now, look at every 5th news article and then look at the conviction rates (not the fired rates, yes those mens lives are ruined, even with out conviction).

I'm very tired of women flashing the victim card and admonishing men (who are vastly not guilty of anything like this), then being indignant when we show them how MUCH WORSE it is to be a man in today's society..... we have just been indoctrinated to "suck it up".
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (18th October 2018), Bob (17th October 2018), Bruno (17th October 2018), Deux Corbeaux (18th October 2018), DNA (18th October 2018), Joe (18th October 2018), Matt P (17th October 2018), NancyV (17th October 2018), Pam (17th October 2018)

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

I'm very tired of women flashing the victim card and admonishing men (who are vastly not guilty of anything like this), then being indignant when we show them how MUCH WORSE it is to be a man in today's society..... we have just been indoctrinated to "suck it up".[/QUOTE]

I am not trying to argue that women have it harder. That was never my point. Men and women have many shared experiences and many different not only because of actual gender differences but because of social and cultural gender constraints. Being a human being is hard, period.

White, affluent men, are losing a lot of their historical privileges and loss of privilege can feel like oppression.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bruno For This Post:

DeDukshyn (17th October 2018), TargeT (17th October 2018)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

White, affluent men, are losing a lot of their historical privileges and loss of privilege can feel like oppression.

If it were the 1950's or something I'd agree.... as it is i guess we see things very differently.

Where are you?

13. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (18th October 2018), Bob (17th October 2018), Bruno (18th October 2018), ByTheNorthernSea (17th October 2018), DeDukshyn (17th October 2018), DNA (18th October 2018), Joe (18th October 2018), NancyV (17th October 2018), Pam (17th October 2018), robinr1 (17th October 2018), Satori (17th October 2018), sijohn (18th October 2018), Valerie Villars (17th October 2018)

14. Link to Post #8
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,069 times in 456 posts

Quote I'm very tired of women flashing the victim card and admonishing men (who are vastly not guilty of anything like this), then being indignant when we show them how MUCH WORSE it is to be a man in today's society..... we have just been indoctrinated to "suck it up".

I am not trying to argue that women have it harder. That was never my point. Men and women have many shared experiences and many different not only because of actual gender differences but because of social and cultural gender constraints. Being a human being is hard, period.

Man’s timid heart is bursting with the things he must not say,
    For the Woman that God gave him isn’t his to give away;
    But when hunter meets with husbands, each confirms the other’s tale — 
    The female of the species is more deadly than the male.”

— Rudyard Kipling (1919), The Female of the Species

So now we see that tens of thousands of strait men from all over the world are so fed up with women that they're cutting them out of their lives.

These men, united in their hatred of the opposite sex, are known as MGTOW (Men Going Their Own Way). They are lurking in the loneliest corners of the internet. Members of MGTOW (pronounced mig-tau) communicate almost entirely online.

Ask these men why and they'll tell you it's because women can't be trusted, they're "manipulative" they'll "suck the joy out of your life" and "rinse you for every penny you have" in the process.

Browse their men-only forums and you'll also read the argument that society has become stacked in women's favour - with unequal divorce settlements, higher male suicide rates and false rape accusations cited as proof that fellas are being screwed over.

Virginity is a common topic among them, and many say they have proudly chosen to never have sex, describing their devotion to celibacy as "going monk."

A deep fear of false rape accusations is one of the driving forces behind this, while other men are wary of women using sex as a way to get to their wallets.

"I want to die a virgin," writes one unnamed poster, saying that the #MeToo movement has made sex too risky to be worthwhile.

Read more, https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/646283...en-hate-women/
    Last edited by Deux Corbeaux; 17th October 2018 at 20:40. Reason: Spelling

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Deux Corbeaux For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (18th October 2018), ByTheNorthernSea (18th October 2018), Flash (21st October 2018), Joe (18th October 2018), NancyV (17th October 2018), Pam (17th October 2018)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,684 times in 3,333 posts

I'm very tired of women flashing the victim card and admonishing men (who are vastly not guilty of anything like this), then being indignant when we show them how MUCH WORSE it is to be a man in today's society..... we have just been indoctrinated to "suck it up".

White, affluent men, are losing a lot of their historical privileges and loss of privilege can feel like oppression.[/QUOTE]

The whole thing about white affluent men losing their privilege is a bunch of bunk in so many ways. The really affluent white guys are losing absolutely none of their privilege. The ones that that have lost not privilege, but fair footing in this culture are the average, hard working men. And you know what, these men weren't around when white folks and that includes women had privilege. I find the way men are being treated in this culture really sad and totally unethical.

I realize that there are jerks that will do abusive things to women, but you act like that was a every day occurrence for you. I had that happen a few times, but I have also seen women making fools of themselves throwing themselves on men. I do think rapists should pay, but the media and feminists making a martyr out of Ford and her unsubstantiated public accusation is sickening to me. Why didn't she choose to go to the FBI? Why in the world would she choose to go to a member of the democratic party. The whole thing is trivializing women that have been raped and assaulted.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

ByTheNorthernSea (18th October 2018), Deux Corbeaux (17th October 2018), Mercedes (18th October 2018), NancyV (17th October 2018)

18. Link to Post #10
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,069 times in 456 posts

Many men think they have the right to touch and say what ever they want to women, particularly young women. Before I was 20 I had multiple men (strangers) expose themselves in front of me, one man that I worked with masturbated in front of me, many men that I knew growing up touched me when I didn't want to be touched; including my butt and breasts. I don't know women who haven't had experiences like this. It's a rare woman that hasn't been sexually harassed, abused or raped in her lifetime. Does that mean every accusation is true, no, but for me the accused better have a damn good story.
    I must be one of those rare women then. I never had the experiences you described.

Yes, men have smiled at me, whistled or winked, but I always saw that as part of an innocent sort of game and had to laugh about it.
    But perhaps there are women that will see that as a form of herasment. If so, I feel pity for them.

Quote “Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them.”
    I’ve never been afraid that men would kill me. I’ve always loved them, as brothers, and I’m still fond of them.

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Deux Corbeaux For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (18th October 2018), ByTheNorthernSea (18th October 2018), Joe (18th October 2018), Matt P (17th October 2018), NancyV (17th October 2018), TargeT (18th October 2018), Valerie Villars (18th October 2018)

20. Link to Post #11
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Yes Men should likely stay inside after dark as well but that wasn't my point.... women are constantly shamed for putting themselves in "risky" situations like walking alone at night, drinking or wearing "provocative" clothing if they are sexually assaulted.
    Men and women have always existed in societies where crime is present. I have never met a reasonable person who thought that they are actually immune from crime simply because they believe they "should" be. People lock the doors on their cars, on their houses, keep their wallets and cellphones close at hand in public, because we all understand (or should understand) that crime exists and we can't just get emotional about it and expect it to disappear. All we are left with is taking precautions, and sometimes even then we are victimized anyway. That's why police were invented, because there are some nutty people out there, and they aren't all men, either.

Quote Posted by Deux Corbeaux (here)
    Yes, men have smiled at me, whistled or winked, but I always saw that as part of an innocent sort of game and had to laugh about it.
    But perhaps there are women that will see that as a form of herasment. If so, I feel pity for them.
    Alienating men and women serves to limit population growth too. The MGTOW stuff you posted above is a very real phenomenon. If a man tries to flirt with a woman today in the way you describe, and he happens to pick the "wrong one" (some rabid feminist), all hell will break loose. So a lot of men just stop looking for women, or some might look for more conservative places to find their wives (church, various clubs, foreign countries...), and marriage and birth rates decline. Not that that particularly bothers a lot of these people, since they often like to cheer on abortion and the extinction of the white race (a global minority) anyway. But I think instead of that happening, there will just be a lot of old, single cat women, sadly. There is already a lot of this from the behaviors of the hippy generation.

21. Link to Post #12
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,124 times in 2,678 posts

If women are assaulted they have to contact authorities immediately because people of both sexes lie. "Believe women." That's insane. Like always? If a woman tells you she's just been murdered, she should be believed without question?

Kavanaugh is likely a creep. He's a wealthy privileged brat. If that dude groped me, I'd punch him in the mouth. Or better yet I'd tear a strip off of him, embarrass him so thoroughly he'd be traumatized! And if it went beyond that, I'd call the cops immediately. What the heck is wrong with people?

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Deux Corbeaux (18th October 2018), TargeT (18th October 2018)

+ Reply to Thread