+ Reply to Thread

Thread: UK poverty up, again.

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,000 times in 370 posts

Default UK poverty up, again.

Since the Con-seratives took the reigns of power, poverty has rocketed up in the UK . It's now stands at 14.5 million people, of which their are 4.5 million children . Disabled people also hard hit, by their outrageous foreign aid policies of £13 BILLION, says a recent report from, Social Metrics Commission.

https://socialmetricscommission.org....of-uk-poverty/ In 2016, the British government spent over £13 BILLION on material aid to foreign countries. It was recently revealed that one such country, India, is spending BILLIONS on a Space Programme, while we are sending them money rather than helping Britons at home.
    That tax money should be taken from the Foreign Aid budget to be used for Britons in need here in the UK.
    Ever since the Conservative government discontinued Labour’s child poverty targets in England, the country has not had any official measure of the number of people living in poverty.
    The new figures are likely due to austerity measures and billions of pounds in cuts and freezes to welfare and disability benefits, with the rise of zero-hours contracts. The hope is that this report will put pressure on politicians to get them to tackle rising living costs and not just focus on raising incomes. Things such as rent, childcare, the extra costs of disability.
    Am I one of many or am I many of one ? interesting .

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to scanner For This Post:

avid (18th October 2018), Baby Steps (17th October 2018), Deux Corbeaux (17th October 2018), Globeflyer (17th October 2018), ichingcarpenter (17th October 2018), jc71 (18th October 2018), Mari (18th October 2018), Nasu (17th October 2018), Sadieblue (18th October 2018), sijohn (18th October 2018), Sunny-side-up (17th October 2018), Wildshroom (18th October 2018), yelik (18th October 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,647 times in 1,188 posts

Default Re: UK poverty up, again.

Yes conservatives have always been strong Cabal minions, although it matters little which party is in power, just two sides of the same coin.

A poor, uneducated and sickly population are easier to control than informed healthy people who might start asking the wrong questions

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to yelik For This Post:

avid (18th October 2018), jc71 (18th October 2018), Mari (18th October 2018), scanner (18th October 2018), sijohn (18th October 2018), Wildshroom (18th October 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Quote Posted by yelik (here)
    Yes conservatives have always been strong Cabal minions, although it matters little which party is in power, just two sides of the same coin.

A poor, uneducated and sickly population are easier to control than informed healthy people who might start asking the wrong questions
    Absolutely .

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scanner For This Post:

jc71 (18th October 2018), Mari (18th October 2018), sijohn (18th October 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Just curious, but what exactly are they trying to "conserve" in Britain? You have no written constitution, so what is it? Surely not conserving the monarchy?

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by A Voice from the Mountains (here)
    Just curious, but what exactly are they trying to "conserve" in Britain? You have no written constitution, so what is it? Surely not conserving the monarchy?
    Contrary to all belief Britain does have a constitution. In fact, the US copied it nearly word for word .

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scanner For This Post:

jc71 (18th October 2018), sijohn (18th October 2018)

+ Reply to Thread