Thread: Isegoria - a new media platform from Ben Swann and others

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,583 times in 5,817 posts

Default Isegoria - a new media platform from Ben Swann and others

Could this be the YouTube/(Google/CIA) replacement? Just saw this today, and wanted to get a few more eyes looking into it:

https://isegoria.com/
    Quote "Isegoria’s mission is to create an uncensored, blockchain-based, decentralized news and entertainment platform with a funding mechanism for independent media."
    Hey Bill, if this is legit, how about getting a Project Avalon channel going on Isegoria, from the ground floor?
    Last edited by Dennis Leahy; 19th October 2018 at 18:09.

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (19th October 2018), Ben (20th October 2018), Bill Ryan (19th October 2018), Bubu (19th October 2018), christian (19th October 2018), cursichella1 (20th October 2018), enigma3 (20th October 2018), Flash (20th October 2018), jjjones (19th October 2018), Mike (19th October 2018), NancyV (20th October 2018), Nasu (19th October 2018), Richard S. (20th October 2018), RunningDeer (19th October 2018), Sadieblue (20th October 2018), Sierra (20th October 2018), silverchimes (19th October 2018), thepainterdoug (20th October 2018), toppy (20th October 2018), wondering (19th October 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,284 times in 639 posts

Default Re: Isegoria - a new media platform from Ben Swann and others

"if this is legit"
    Well, who knows ?
    Last edited by Rawhide68; 20th October 2018 at 04:34.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rawhide68 For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (20th October 2018), toppy (20th October 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,583 times in 5,817 posts

Quote Posted by Rawhide68 (here)
    "if this is legit"
    Well, who knows ?
    Yes, I am asking Bill in particular, and other non-mainstream-narrative content creators, to investigate whether this appears to be legitimately aimed at "an uncensored, blockchain-based, decentralized news and entertainment platform."

Also, I don't know much of anything about Ben Swann (the cornerstone of this new platform.) I don't watch TV so I don't know his background. From a few clips that I have seen, he appears to be sort of a "rogue reporter", a "truth teller" who awoke while working in mainstream media, but yet, does he have financial backing from the same 6 miscreant corporations that control mainstream media? I'm not suggesting an NSA/CIA/FBI-style in-depth probe into Swann's character, (where we might find out he likes beer!), but at least a 'due diligence' look into who he is and whether it is wise for a high-integrity alternative media person/entity to jump aboard the "Isegoria" train.

Mike 'Health Ranger' Adams also has an uncensored platform available, but my guess is that Ben Swann's following is much greater and so is much more likely to have content seen by many more people.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

cursichella1 (20th October 2018), Nasu (22nd October 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,067 times in 8,172 posts

I had a look. I don't know who Ben Swan is either but that's not what got my attention the most. I'd like know more about how the 'community' voting works. It sounds like a setup that lets stuff people don't want to hear get lost at the bottom of a pile, while popular stuff would peak like an electronic LR resonator. That would be a recipe for an unstable oscillator of memes and distraction.

I heard a new platform was about to be announced ( from Matt Bracken ). I'm hoping this isn't it. I was expecting something more substantial, ready to roll, and definitely not crypto currency rewards, as this will be. This feels more like another doomed fringe backwater that most of the world will never go to. We need a platform like Youtube that isn't Youtube, or better still, Youtube under completely new management.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (20th October 2018), Nasu (22nd October 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member rufus7's Avatar
    Thanks

Ben swann reality check on pizza gate. You can look it up on you tube. It speaks for itself.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rufus7 For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (21st October 2018)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,097 times in 20,639 posts

It's kind of interesting that on the Isegoria front page with the mission statement, etc. (at the link provided in the OP), in the photo of the one woman, Annabelle Bamforth, which appears among all the men, her mouth is completely covered up by the letters of her name. And in their email contact page, you are only allowed to submit your comment or question if you identify yourself as either having another question or as an accredited investor.
    It would be most informative to know who the investors are, and what their motivations might be.
    Last edited by onawah; 20th October 2018 at 19:39.
    Each breath a gift...

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

avid (20th October 2018), Dennis Leahy (21st October 2018)

+ Reply to Thread