+ Reply to Thread

Thread: On coconut oil and silica-rich mineral waters. Good to prevent neurological diseases.

1. Link to Post #1
    Belgium Avalon Member Johan (Keyholder)'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,765 times in 533 posts

Default On coconut oil and silica-rich mineral waters. Good to prevent neurological diseases.

First of all a BIG THANK YOU to Houman and Paul (and some others as well) for referencing the above two products.

Since my mother got Alzheimer's (in 2005) and died from it recently and one of her brother's died from diabetes type II (at an early age, he was just 70), I have been looking for ways to avoid getting in a similar life-situation.

First coconut oil. I usually use olive oil to cook, but now I almost exclusively use bio-coconut-oil. I am convinced that this will do me and anyone else using it, a lot of good.

The same goes for the mineral waters rich in silica. The one that is easy to find (in Belgium) at a decent price is Volvic. Fiji water is very expensive (if you can find it at all), but Volvic is available in 8 liter bins, at a cost of about 6 euro, less than 0.80 US cents a liter (or about 3 US$ a gallon). And the plastic bottles are BPA free.

Getting rid of as much aluminum as possible - that resides in the brain - is definitely one major solution to halt, prevent or reverse neurological diseases as well as diabetes type II.

Therefore, thanks again for the info. This new thread I made to point out this info to those that may find help in it.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Johan (Keyholder) For This Post:

avid (23rd October 2018), Franny (23rd October 2018), genevieve (23rd October 2018), happyuk (23rd October 2018), Libico (24th October 2018), Mercedes (23rd October 2018), OopsWrongPlanet? (23rd October 2018), Rebecca (23rd October 2018), Swan (24th October 2018), Wansen (24th October 2018), Yvanka (24th October 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Belgium Avalon Member Johan (Keyholder)'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,765 times in 533 posts

Default Re: On coconut oil and silica-rich mineral waters. Good to prevent neurological diseases.

And I forgot to mention that turmeric (curcuma) and L-theanine (found in white and green tea) will also do your brain a lot of good (influencing GABA, dopamine and serotonin in a positive way).
    Anyone else here that has a positive experience with other products?

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Johan (Keyholder) For This Post:

avid (23rd October 2018), leavesoftrees (30th September 2022), Mercedes (23rd October 2018), OopsWrongPlanet? (23rd October 2018), Yvanka (24th October 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,946 times in 464 posts

Default Re: On coconut oil and silica-rich mineral waters. Good to prevent neurological diseases.

Also good for pets, I already started giving it to my two dogs for CDS, Cognitive Dysfunction Syndrome, good also for any inflammation in joints.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mercedes For This Post:

Franny (23rd October 2018), Johan (Keyholder) (23rd October 2018), Wansen (24th October 2018), Yvanka (24th October 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Saracatt's Avatar
    Thanks

I’ve been recovering from a traumatic brain injury for the past few years. I recently added Lion’s Mane mushroom extract and it is one of the few things that has helped. A number of the medicinal mushrooms have a protective and regenerative effect on the brain. I find that a small amount of the extract goes a long way. I am taking an 8:1 extract and I only need 1/8 to 1/4 tsp twice a day to notice improvement.

The other things that have helped are the common sense things we all know like keeping blood sugar balanced, reducing inflammation and avoiding foods that you are sensitive to.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Saracatt For This Post:

Franny (23rd October 2018), Johan (Keyholder) (24th October 2018), Yvanka (24th October 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,410 times in 1,804 posts

Interesting thread. If Silica is good for you, there must be a way of adding it to water.

Also, don't forget silica rich foods, like cucumber. I always feel relaxed when I eat them.

Thanks for the reminder on L-Theanine too...

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

Clarity (26th October 2018), Johan (Keyholder) (25th October 2018), Yvanka (24th October 2018)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Wansen's Avatar
    Thanks

Deleted Post.
    Last edited by Wansen; 9th December 2018 at 19:50.
    “It’s not what you know that gets you into trouble, it’s what you know that just ain’t so.”

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wansen For This Post:

Bubu (24th October 2018), Johan (Keyholder) (24th October 2018), robinr1 (24th October 2018)

13. Link to Post #7
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,270 times in 2,725 posts

Quote Posted by Wansen (here)
    If memory serves, unrefined coconut oil is deemed to have superior health benefits compared to refined.
    Hi there, I normally make our coconut oil from fresh coconut. What is refined and unrefined

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Johan (Keyholder) (25th October 2018), Wansen (24th October 2018)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Deleted Post.
    Last edited by Wansen; 9th December 2018 at 19:47.
    “It’s not what you know that gets you into trouble, it’s what you know that just ain’t so.”

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wansen For This Post:

Bubu (24th October 2018), Franny (26th October 2018)

17. Link to Post #9
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,270 times in 2,725 posts

Quote Posted by Wansen (here)
    Hello Bubu,

I’m certainly no expert but from what I understand refined coconut oil is RBD coconut oil, which stands for "Refined, Bleached, and Deodorized." Refined oil is deodorized under high heat, and afterward it is filtered through clays that serve to bleach the oil and remove any impurities. Finally, sodium hydroxide is used to remove any free fatty acids in the interest of prolonging the oil's shelf life.
    Uhho thats nasty. We have plenty of coconuts here that is free for taking if one is willing to collect. I'm glad I made our coconut oil. Mayonnaise made from unrefined coconut oil is soooo delicious.
    I also heard from a worker in a coconut oil refinery, that he takes care of cleaning the system of oil residue with hexane and then hexane is evaporated and the oil leftover collected for efficiency.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Franny (26th October 2018), Wansen (25th October 2018)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Deleted Post.
    Last edited by Wansen; 9th December 2018 at 20:09.

20. Link to Post #11
    New Zealand Avalon Member Clarity's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Daozen (here)
    Interesting thread. If Silica is good for you, there must be a way of adding it to water.

Also, don't forget silica rich foods, like cucumber. I always feel relaxed when I eat them.

I can't remember the in's and out's of this but regular silica (although good for general detoxing) can't cross the Blood Brain Barrier. The silica found in silica rich water is in a form that can.

21. Link to Post #12
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,410 times in 1,804 posts

Quote Posted by Clarity (here)
    Quote Posted by Daozen (here)

I can't remember the in's and out's of this but regular silica (although good for general detoxing) can't cross the Blood Brain Barrier. The silica found in silica rich water is in a form that can.
    This may be true. I don't know much on the subject. Im guessing there's some way to add silica drops to water...

There are a few liquid silica drop products around. Not sure if any of them are any good.

Here's a testimonial:

http://www.bellemocha.com/2011/04/30...ence-with.html

+ Reply to Thread