Default This is a Picture that is worth a Million Plus Words and then some

Hello Everyone:
    This picture tells just how warped our society is:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pizza.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	39340

A little boy with none of his supposed friends to celebrate his birthday with!
    I have seen this first hand with one of my kids! We did the same as this parent and contacted all the parents and the majority said their child was coming to my daughters birthday party. This was 1 week before her birthday party. The day of the birthday party 1 child out of 22 showed up.
    I had to explain to my daughter that the kids in her class are acquantances. This is a hard lesson to learn at 7 years old.
    Shame on ALL PEOPLE who do this to kids.
    chancy

Link:
    https://ca.style.yahoo.com/heartbrea...115147017.html

Article:
    The story behind this 6-year-old's birthday party photo might break your heart
    Yahoo Lifestyle - October 23, 2018

Little Teddy handed out invitations to 32 of his classmates to last weekend’s party at a pizza restaurant, but none of the children showed up.

This week the boy’s mother, Sil Mazzini, posted a picture to Facebook of Teddy surrounded by pizza and two rows of empty table settings at the restaurant in Tucson, Ariz. The look on the child’s face is nothing short of heartbreaking.
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by chancy; 23rd October 2018 at 18:28. Reason: can't get bottom picture out of the thread.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to chancy For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (23rd October 2018), Arcturian108 (26th October 2018), Art (24th October 2018), Bill Ryan (24th October 2018), Franny (23rd October 2018), Hervé (23rd October 2018), Innocent Warrior (23rd October 2018), Ioneo (23rd October 2018), RunningDeer (23rd October 2018), Valerie Villars (23rd October 2018), Vicus (23rd September 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,320 times in 2,100 posts

Default Re: This is a Picture that is worth a Million Plus Words and then some

This is so sad for this little boy and kids of his generation. We as a society have become so disconnected from each other and thoughtless that things like this are fairly typical. And the irony is that the mother posted it on Fb, the negative replacement for normal socializing.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Franny For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (23rd October 2018), chancy (23rd October 2018), Innocent Warrior (23rd October 2018), RunningDeer (23rd October 2018), Valerie Villars (23rd October 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,425 times in 839 posts

Quote Posted by chancy (here)
    This picture tells just how warped our society is:

chancy
    Just who is "warped". The people who didn't show up, or the parents who feel it's necessary throw a birthday bash with 30 or more kids at a pizza restaurant? Who should feel shame? The non-attendees or the parents for setting the stage for something like this to happen?

I realize I'm just an old fogey who's out of touch with the world today. And times do change. But these type of parties seem more like a "keeping up with the Jones", or an "Everybody does it" type of thing. I understand that it is rude of people to say they will show up and then they don't. But dang, is it really necessary to have these big parties? ........... Love comes from the heart, not the wallet.

Sorry for pooping on your parade
    I am enlightened, ............ Oh wait. That's just the police shining their spotlights on me.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Orph For This Post:

Arcturian108 (26th October 2018), Art (24th October 2018), Franny (24th October 2018), Innocent Warrior (23rd October 2018), meeradas (24th October 2018), Michi (23rd October 2018), RunningDeer (23rd October 2018), Satori (23rd October 2018), Wansen (23rd October 2018), what is a name? (24th October 2018), wondering (23rd October 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

I have seen this first hand with one of my kids! We did the same as this parent and contacted all the parents and the majority said their child was coming to my daughters birthday party. This was 1 week before her birthday party. The day of the birthday party 1 child out of 22 showed up.
    I had to explain to my daughter that the kids in her class are acquantances. This is a hard lesson to learn at 7 years old.
    I agree this is bad for the developing psychology of the child, to be neglected like that by peers.

It's easy to blame the other parents, but this isn't the 1950's anymore. There aren't nearly as many good, moral people as there used to be, and there is a massive surplus of selfish, immature, even vengeful fools. This is just one missed birthday party. Think of how those kids treat each other at school, through the rest of the school year.

One more reason to homeschool kids and raise them around an extended family, if at all possible at this point. The world is a fallen place. You can't count on public institutions, or the people who rely on them. They are becoming more and more like children themselves, and slaves to the "nanny state" which takes their parents as adults.

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Orph (here)
    I realize I'm just an old fogey who's out of touch with the world today. And times do change. But these type of parties seem more like a "keeping up with the Jones", or an "Everybody does it" type of thing. I understand that it is rude of people to say they will show up and then they don't. But dang, is it really necessary to have these big parties? ........... Love comes from the heart, not the wallet.
    Try to place the context of your worldview within this cycle:

To me, your comment seems to come directly out of the "Strong mean create good times/Good times create weak men" generation, perhaps fitting to the "old fogey" description you give yourself.

"What? Nobody showed up to this kid's birthday party? Why, money is the root of all evil...." Come on, man.
    Last edited by A Voice from the Mountains; 23rd October 2018 at 20:07.

9. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote Posted by A Voice from the Mountains (here)

"What? Nobody showed up to this kid's birthday party? Why, money is the root of all evil...." Come on, man.
    Didn't say money is the root of all evil. But if I'm going to spend a bunch of money to throw a party, it'll be for people who are truly friends of mine and I know will show up because they want to be there. (Of course there are always one or two no-shows). But I'm not going to hand out invitations to anybody I see just to so I can have a big party.

If 95% of the people you invite to party don't show up, it can't all be blamed rudeness. Something else is amiss.
    I am enlightened, ............ Oh wait. That's just the police shining their spotlights on me.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Orph For This Post:

chancy (23rd October 2018)

11. Link to Post #7
    Spain Deactivated
    Canary Islands overlooking a beach with forest covered mountains behind.
    Thanks

Most likely explanation is that the kid is not popular and nobody likes him.

If that's the case then the cause is probably bad parenting...

12. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

For heaven's sake. The parents threw a pizza party, which really doesn't cost a lot and invited the child's class, probably because they didn't want any kids in the class left out, eliminating the humiliating "I got invited to Johnnie's birthday party, did you?" And having the non invited children feeling like dog doo they weren't invited. That way, no one got left out or got their feelings hurt. Except for the child whose birthday it was. He got his feelings hurt worse than anyone.

Sometimes, I just hate society.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (24th October 2018), Arcturian108 (26th October 2018), chancy (23rd October 2018), Franny (24th October 2018), Ivanhoe (24th October 2018)

14. Link to Post #9
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 times in 699 posts

hi there:
    Just as shocking as this story is that people are upset at the mom for giving her son a birthday party!?!?!?!

It costs alot more to give a home birthday party than one in a pizza restraurant. Just serving pizza at a home pizza party cost around 250 dollars depending on how many people are coming. You can do a pizza party at a restraurant for half that.

What's wrong with giving a kid a party with the kids they are with 5 days a week at school?

When I was a kid we always had everyone over to the party at home. These days most people even in small small towns won't come to a home birthday party. That's why everyone has them at a restraurant and it's even half price or more.

Kids deserve a special time once in a while and what could be more fun than a birthday party?

For some reason I knew there would be people even on project avalon that would complain about "birthday parties"

Life has changed....BUT we are all the same no matter who you are on this planet! I don't care if you are the ceo of a billion dollar company or a kid forced into slave labor. We are ALL HUMAN because we ALL "PEA AND POOP."

Shame on the messed up world and people in it!!! I really have seen the world go to hell in a hand basket over the years.

What next?? We don't have to worry about politicians being asses...it's alot of the people also.
    My rant and rave is done
    chancy

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chancy For This Post:

Art (24th October 2018), Orph (24th October 2018), Valerie Villars (23rd October 2018)

16. Link to Post #10
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 times in 699 posts

Quote Posted by 5th (here)
    Most likely explanation is that the kid is not popular and nobody likes him.

If that's the case then the cause is probably bad parenting...
    I'm not buying that explanation! I have small kids and I can see this mom's frustration first hand. We live in a very small town and this happens all the time. We now do not throw birthday parties for the school kids. We have a home party as a family and invite only relatives.
    chancy

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chancy For This Post:

Arcturian108 (26th October 2018), Art (24th October 2018), Valerie Villars (23rd October 2018)

18. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

We now do not throw birthday parties for the school kids. We have a home party as a family and invite only relatives.
    chancy
    Which is exactly what I'm talking about in the first place. I guess I wasn't too clear in what I meant to say. Making a birthday special, (in my opinion), comes from the heart, which means family and maybe a few close friends. People who care.

Have a pizza party for the kids on a day, (or holiday), when it's nothing special. Just a pizza party day. Kids day. Get other parents and families involved. If it's a small community, you can maybe make it a community event. Have a blast. I'm all for kids having fun.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orph For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (24th October 2018), Arcturian108 (26th October 2018), Art (24th October 2018), Valerie Villars (24th October 2018)

20. Link to Post #12
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,199 times in 262 posts

Hard times creating strong but deeply unhappy men.
    Surviving ain't living.

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dim For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (24th October 2018), Art (24th October 2018), Ivanhoe (24th October 2018), meeradas (24th October 2018), Valerie Villars (24th October 2018)

22. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Orph (here)
    If 95% of the people you invite to party don't show up, it can't all be blamed rudeness. Something else is amiss.
    That's what I think is the bigger issue here too, which is partly a social problem, but some of the responsibility has to fall back on the parents too. Which is why I say this isn't the 1950's anymore and people have to stop acting like their children's school is from "Leave It to Beaver."

Parents wouldn't recognize what modern public education is like anymore. The federal education department needs to be abolished and returned to state/local control as it was prior to the 1970's. Our children have only gotten stupider since then, and the social breakdown worse.

+ Reply to Thread