+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 6 LastLast

Thread: Christian Sect Warns: End of days will be in May 2011.

1. Link to Post #21
    England Avalon Member HURRITT ENYETO's Avatar
    Over the Moon Under the Sun. Manchester UK
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,283 times in 524 posts

Default Re: Christian Sect Warns: End of days will be in May 2011.

The question to ask is WHO IS FUNDING these people?
    It was on Coast to Coast that this group is travelling all over the World spreading this message as well as setting up MULTIPLE websites, PRINTING thousands of leaflets, having SEMINARS, as well as the people holding the sandwich boards with their doom messages (they are probably devotees doing it for free)
    But the question remains: Who is behind this group funding them?
    And ask yourself why?

Other than that completely disregard.
    The Universe at its heart is a Phantom.
    God sleeps in the Minerals, Awakens in Plants, Walks in the Animals and Thinks in Man.

2. Link to Post #22
    Thanks

sounds like senseless bullsht to me lol.......

3. Link to Post #23
    England Avalon Member HURRITT ENYETO's Avatar
    Over the Moon Under the Sun. Manchester UK
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,283 times in 524 posts

Quote Posted by THIRDEYE (here)
    sounds like senseless bullsht to me lol.......
    Expensive senseless bullsht.
    The Universe at its heart is a Phantom.
    God sleeps in the Minerals, Awakens in Plants, Walks in the Animals and Thinks in Man.

4. Link to Post #24
    Thanks

One reoccurring theme that speaks wisdom into these ideas is that all major events are not calendar driven, but sequence driven. Dates and times are convenient hooks to hang things on, but they are pretty well meaningless. A history of failed 'date based prophecies' has prove this. I'm not even convinced that our present calendar has synchronised 2012 as the Mayan end time date. Even if it is correct, the evidence is not clear that this date signifies anything other than the end of the long count.

More importnat than any of this struff: A rising global consciousness that expects and presses end time scenarios is far more powerful in bringing the reality into manifestation. If a critical mass is reached that 'believes' 2012 will be significant and dangerous, then that collective consciousness will create such a reality.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 1159 For This Post:

silvervioletrubie (8th May 2011)

6. Link to Post #25
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by atut (here)
    Have you heard this lady, Marie Exley, travel all the cities and spread the words to all the world warning that the doomsday will come on 11 May 2011?

What do you think?

Link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110103/...pocalypse_soon
    well,i don't know about that,but ian lungold said that the mayan calendar actually ends ,i think october 28th 2011,rather than the popular dec 21 2012 date so widely 'known' about..
    i've been watching everything i can find of IAN LUNGOLD on you tube,he seems quite the expert on that mayan calendar....we're nearing the end of the current cycle we're in now,in which a 'day' and 'night' are each 360 of our days long...the next and final cycle,he called the 'universal consciousness' cycle,or something like that,begins in feb. or march of this year,and in this final cycle,each 'day' and 'night' according to the mayan calendar lasts 20 or 18 days....LEADING UP TO LATE OCTOBER ,WHEN APPARENTLY IT ENDS... certainly it'll be an interesting year with god knows what in store....anyway,lungold was quite the lecturer,surely many of you should be familiar with his work,here in this fine group - any thoughts?
    on another note,can anyone tell me what happened with that st. clair guy,interviewed by project camelot,.i thought he was charming,did they have some kind of disagreement or something,i was just curious...hey,it's great to be able to talk to you all,here on the finest forum yet,right?

7. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

My ex's birthday, May 11.... she ain't gonna let that happen, I can tell you !

C'mon peeps.. it's just another date to mark the passing stream of time that is your lives. I warn people off looking forward to Christmas too much...why wish your life away. The days come and they go.

I agree with John, all of this date/event B*lls**t is just sandwhich boarding under any other name. Look if you think your life is miserable and you want it all to end soon, bully for you, but just remember some people out there are actually having a good time and have no interest in looking forward to juicy destruction of any sort.

2012 will come and go as 2011. I'm not even holding out hope on the 'ascension' bit either.

The more you practice golf the better you get. The more you practice being a better person the better you get. No date is going to come along and do it for us. Ain't no miracle hair-grow, wrinkle cream, or snake oil in existence. That's probably just the ego wanting a free ride in this life...

Hey , Richard, mods ? Couldn't we have a sub forum/section for any thread involving a date? Then you could just delete the whole lot when server space starts to run out.....

K
    Last edited by Kulapops; 5th January 2011 at 21:40.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kulapops For This Post:

Celine (7th January 2011), silvervioletrubie (8th May 2011)

9. Link to Post #27
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

I'll admit, she's cute enough I might sit down to listen...

10. Link to Post #28
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,322 times in 1,295 posts

God is such a hypocrite... "judge not lest ye be judged" and "he has appointed a day in which he will judge the world" lol... That's the old "don't do as I do, do as I say" wrap I don't trust lol

Lol Rocky... I'm doing my utmost to restrain the torrent of innuendo haha

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Seikou-Kishi For This Post:

Rocky_Shorz (26th February 2011)

12. Link to Post #29
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Fred passed on 9 Oct, 2016.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,619 times in 386 posts

Quote Posted by Rocky_Shorz (here)
    I'll admit, she's cute enough I might sit down to listen...
    Oddly enough, Rocky she isn't far off from a date, I came across back in 1973.

5/7/2012/
    One year and four days isn't bad.
    But the whole notion of "judgment day, as described by Baptists, etc just doesn't wash with me.

First of all, take 90% of what Paul wrote, included in the bible and toss it.
    Then toss in some of the excluded gospels, like Thomas,
    Then go read it again.

Finally, if that doesn't work, it is usually helpful to stop "trying God" (as in putting the creator on trial).
    I find it more productive to read most things (regardless of source) beginning with the assumption this is an eternal being, that creates eternal beings, and has no reason to create "imperfect" ones (logic is not God, but God is logical).

Anyway... some food for thought.
    Fred

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fredkc For This Post:

Caren (7th January 2011), Rocky_Shorz (26th February 2011)

14. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

What do you mean Fred ? The 5th of July is more than a few days out !!

Your friendly neighbourhood K

15. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

What will bring about the End of days for one person may bring new opportunities for the next person tomorrow. When the days end for civilization, new days will be aspired to start anew in another civilization. When one Age ends, another Age begins. What brings about death, fear, famine, and destruction clears a new path for growth in non-linear time to bring about learning a valuable lesson. Do not cling to fear prophetic visions. Make room for new opportunities. Just Be.
    Be your being in every passing moment. When breath ceases from your current position, breath will return again soon in your next journey. When bad times reach you and your neighbors, lend them a helping hand to bring about the beginning of Days. Regardless, the Sun will continue to rise and set. The planet will still rotate and move. Nature will continue. We are a part of that Nature. For we are a part of the Earth. In dust, flesh, breath, and life. In death, beneath the ground, we are one with the planet in lower material form and in spirit. What rises beyond that material form is your awareness. If there is no time there are no dates. There is no end or beginning. What is my opinion? There will always be an end of days. We die when we sleep. We are born when we awaken.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Suriel For This Post:

kersley (8th May 2011)

17. Link to Post #32
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,039 times in 3,786 posts

I'm recalling this off the top of my head. How this particular gem started.....May 21, 2011 is allegedly the 6000th (8000th?) anniversary when Noah entered the Ark . That's their 'proof' Why the world should end on this anniversary instead of some other Bibical event is beyond me. But...The Bible does give a good detailed accounting of when Noah entered the Ark, the Fifth Month, in the whatever year, and some such day. BUT that's according to the calendar THEN. Not realizing that we've converted to Georgian time since then, certain aspects of the Christian Community continues to quote Scripture as to the veracity of this prediction.

18. Link to Post #33
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

well before all of you jump too hard remember everyone is waking up, if you are very religious and a booming voice is suddenly talking in your head...

you will think God is talking to you...

There are no trainers for what is going on, some might search and stumble onto a site like this looking for info

they will dig until they get scared and run away...

but curiosity will bring them back...

Everyone should feel welcome to come here and learn...

so thank you Seikou-Kishi for holding back...

19. Link to Post #34
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

First, I want to thank Heyokah for pointing out the video. That was Hi-larious. It's said laughter is the best medicine. Well, I guess it depends on your sense of humor.

I read the Yahoo piece and decided to check up on Harold Camping. He's the snake-oil guy who started the little cult Marie is part of. Here's a quote from an article I found at http://www.religionnewsblog.com/2400...re-may-21-2011

"Camping, 88, has scrutinized the Bible for almost 70 years and says he has developed a mathematical system to interpret prophecies hidden within the Good Book. One night a few years ago, Camping, a civil engineer by trade, crunched the numbers and was stunned at what he’d found: The world will end May 21, 2011.

This is not the first time Camping has made a bold prediction about Judgment Day.

On Sept. 6, 1994, dozens of Camping’s believers gathered inside Alameda’s Veterans Memorial Building to await the return of Christ, an event Camping had promised for two years. Followers dressed children in their Sunday best and held Bibles open-faced toward heaven.

But the world did not end."

I guess we have to believe him, after all he is a civil engineer and that's gotta say something doesn't it? We all know how often they miscalculate things, but eventually get it right.

I recall hearing or reading it that one of these groups of end-of-the-worlders proclaimed a coming rapture, and when it didn't happen as predicted, the followers who continued to believe claimed that it actually had, but those who were left behind continued on in a parallel dimension or something like that which looks exactly like the original . Does anyone remember what group that was?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to NoTingles For This Post:

heyokah (19th January 2011)

21. Link to Post #35
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,771 times in 462 posts

That video made me laugh so much was so funny. Sometimes it makes me wonder why people set a date for the end of the world because I dont think the Earth is set to a certain date before it detonates. Sometimes they make a mockery out of it but because they are making a mockery out of it people see that and then they dont take the real things as serious.So they see the lady and think oh all people who know things like this and who beleive in things that are different and that are "out of the box" must be all crazys. Or maybe its a ploy to make people think its all crazy.

22. Link to Post #36
    Australia Avalon Member TigaHawk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,072 times in 741 posts

Somehow i feel this is apropriate.

(perhaps not for the point he's preaching, but all the humor in between)
    Last edited by TigaHawk; 21st January 2011 at 22:07.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TigaHawk For This Post:

9eagle9 (21st January 2011), Calz (21st May 2011), New Dawn (24th May 2011)

24. Link to Post #37
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,039 times in 3,786 posts

Lol. One of the best.

25. Link to Post #38
    Thanks

Quote Posted by atut (here)
    Have you heard this lady, Marie Exley, travel all the cities and spread the words to all the world warning that the doomsday will come on 11 May 2011?

What do you think?

Link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110103/...pocalypse_soon
    This information may create a panic! You must stay calm and get down when we arrived this newsletter.

I do not think it will happen. It already has much to do with the global economy! Proof: In France, the sector has exploded clairvoyance

26. Link to Post #39
    Sweden Honored, Retired Member. Jorr passed on 31 May, 2012.
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,109 times in 1,725 posts

Naaaa. I dont belive this. I have just retired and have other plans for May. Could it be possible to arrange something in June instead????

27. Link to Post #40
    Thanks

Has Marie Exley not read the entire Bible ?

On her side window are these words:

He hath appointed a day, in which he will judge the world (Acts 17:31)

But if you look at this passage (Matthew 36)

No-one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the son, but only the Father.
    So are we to assume that God has told her it is May 21st 2011 ?

She must be one special lady as God has not even told Jesus or the angels, what day or what hour!

What a fool she is going to look when that day comes and goes!

Just hope she can shrug it all off with the classic words of 'S**t happens'. lol

And then get back on with living her life.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 6 LastLast