+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 5

Thread: Re: This might be Trump’s boldest lie yet

1. Link to Post #81
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 times in 1,617 posts

Default Re: This might be Trump’s boldest lie yet

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    I hope you are right, Jayke, but it really sounds like you are placing your hope in "external situations and people", contrary to your own precautionary warnings.
    In answer to your quotation about hope, I will add that my mentor, the late Dr. Christopher Hills (a great visionary akin to Leonardo daVinci, the artist who created the image you posted) once said that spiritual naivety is the greatest danger facing humankind.
    And contrary to your apparent impressions, my intention, and I think that of Dennis, Daozen and others, is much more about awakening people to the things that are still going very wrong, that no one POTUS is likely to be able to change very much, such as Big Pharma's nefarious doings, the dangers of fracking and drilling for oil and gas, the pollution in our air, water and food,the dangers that the solar minimum is already creating in the form of increasing earthquake and volcanic activity, the very nature of the power structure that has been controlling this planet for so long, which has led us to the brink of destruction.
    Those things are not just going to go away because of one person's intervention, even a POTUS.
    I too hope for the end of the terrible division the world is presently in, and I think it will come, but only if people are aware of the dangers and begin doing something about them.
    I think there are cosmic cycles and energies that have much to do with how humanity is faring at any given time, and it may well be that we are heading into a favorable cycle now, which will help to counterbalance all the unfortunate trends.
    But the human race has powerful enemies, predators from other dimensions and other planets, and we cannot be naive if we are going to survive all these challenges, and it's already very clear that many will not, and the already existing damage is going to take some time to heal.
    I wonder if most Trump fans have really made the time to look at all the dangers we are facing.
    But I can't really imagine that anyone is finding these kinds of word wrangling to be productive.
    I hope the forum can find better, more productive ways of spending our time. We've been over and over this.
    Someone like Joe or Dennis may have more to add, as they have apparently done the kind of research that I don't have time to do into Trump's policies and how they are working, etc., so I hope that ardent Trump fans will direct their arguments and objections their way now, as I am really quite done with this topic.
    I quite specifically said I place TRUST in external things and people. Hope is something that’s kindled within. Hope, Trust, Faith—It’s difficult to understand the subtle distinctions between those values, I suppose—when one is afraid of all the threats they perceive about them. But your response does highlight my earlier statements about the conflicts arising on this forum between those who fear versus those who hope.

I followed up some research on ‘The Water Infrastructure Act’ and found one of the guys who had a hand in writing certain aspects of it. Did you know they plan on using waterflow for purposes of hydropower? I.e. clean, renewable energy.

https://mobile.twitter.com/replarrybucshon?lang=en

There is space for people to highlight what is very wrong with society, which is why I invited people to comb through the Water Infrastructure Act and find out where the hidden dangers might be written into it. The question remains open to those with the time to investigate...
    Last edited by Jayke; 27th October 2018 at 22:32.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (21st November 2018), mountain_jim (28th October 2018), onawah (27th October 2018), TargeT (27th October 2018), ThePythonicCow (27th October 2018)

3. Link to Post #82
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,545 times in 20,693 posts

Different people assign different meanings to different words.
    I apologize if I offended with what you consider to be incorrect word usage.

I just wanted to add some thoughts on fear versus hope.
    In my younger days, I was so full of hope I didn't bother to examine a lot of things closely enough.
    Consequently, Life dealt me a lot of rude awakenings, some via a Vietnam War veteran, a decorated Marine who I lived with for a few years, one a disabling near death experience when I was 25 that changed the course of my whole life.
    But I also had a lot of wonderful, enlightening awakenings, some at a Zen Center in the mountains of Virginia where I lived for over a year.
    Some awakenings that I am still working on integrating, for there is less information to go on with this type, such as encounters with ETs, UFOs, interdimensional beings, etc.
    I've recorded a lot of those different experiences here on the forum over the years.
    One of my great awakenings was on and after 911, which really pulled the rug out under my beliefs about what the future would hold.
    I was very disillusioned, but not so much fearful as very angry, and determined to uncover the truth about what really happened.
    That was when I became a conspiracy theorist, though for many years I had had a profound distrust in our so-called "leadership", and knew enough not to believe what the MSM was feeding us.
    What I found as I jumped down all those rabbit holes that led to even more rabbit holes, was that I gained much more trust in my own discernment, and that the more I understood, the more any unconscious fears I had about things I had not previously known but suspected, were dissolved.
    With knowledge comes power, though power itself can be an illusion.
    Like Carlos Castaneda's mentor, Don Juan, who described himself as a "Man of Knowledge", I think that the more we know, the less we fear.
    Fear is one of the formidable obstacles that a person on a road to awakening must face, and by grappling with it, we become stronger.
    Knowledge is one of the great tools that we must cultivate to deal with fear.
    My Zen master once gave me the name "Great Zen Practitioner".
    I was very humbled and embarrassed by that, and wondered how I would ever live up to such a name.
    I asked what it meant to be a great Zen Practitioner, and the answer was that, on the path of Zen, once must have great faith, great doubt and great perseverance.
    Now, we could quibble over the meaning of "faith" in that adage, but "trust" could be substituted if you like--the point being that one believes and trusts in the path and the maps of those who have gone before.
    It's the importance of the word "doubt" that I am speaking to here.
    If we give ourselves permission to doubt, we are facing our Shadow side and dealing with it.
    If we instead repress that side of ourselves in favor of "positive thinking", we devalue a very important part of our very being, and it is very difficult to truly evolve in a grounded, balanced way from there.
    We have to deal with the dark side of ourselves and our world, not deny them or try to bury them.
    Otherwise fear truly will defeat us.
    Each breath a gift...

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (27th October 2018), HaveBlue (3rd December 2018), Jayke (27th October 2018), mountain_jim (28th October 2018), petra (3rd December 2018), ThePythonicCow (27th October 2018)

5. Link to Post #83
    Thanks

I’m not offended, Onawah. I have however been reading Marcus Aurelius ‘Meditations’ recently. It’s a great reminder to contemplate our values and really temper the meanings we assign to various labels, to get precise on what it is we truly stand for. Without precision, we argue over semantics, which isn’t productive.

The distinction between Faith and Trust, that I personally go by, is that, Faith is ‘belief without evidence’. Whereas, Trust is offered after a risk assessment of the evidence has been concluded. Banks would go bankrupt if they operated on faith alone. Banks go through rigorous background checks to ensure a person is trustworthy before offering the best loans.

I appreciate your personal story, Onawah, it’s interesting to hear the spiritual path others have followed.

I’d agree on the importance of shadow work. The reason politics can get so heated in debates is because—for me at least—politics is a combination of organisational psychology, systems theory, mass psychology and archetypal psychology. It represents an aspect of the dynamic ground of the deep psyche (which means politics even has a spiritual dimension).

If people don’t do the shadow work before assessing the outer world of politics, it often brings up people’s deepest fears, that then get projected onto the actors of the world stage. It can also stir up people’s greatest hopes as well, which are also projected out and can lead to disillusionment when the actors fail to live up to our inner ideals. I’m very much aware of those dynamics, which is why I always encourage people to operate from a position of healthy skepticism i.e. find evidence and proof for everything, before giving it your trust or getting hopeful over outcomes. My risk assessment says Trump is doing just fine, and the world is not going to implode or be taken over by aliens. You might consider my assessment to be naïve. I personally consider it to be grounded in reason and pragmatic logic.

On the same note though, I do see that Trump isn’t perfect. I have a realistic assessment of Trumps character, and the character of those that surround him. There’s definitely red flags and warning signs to pay attention to. I’m not denying they don’t exist. The overall trends do suggest there’s plenty to be thrilled about though. Whether people move towards Hope or Fear is just a factor of the data-sets they choose to pay attention to.

Finding the right balance between hope and doubt is definitely a good place for resolving conflict, which, is why I invited the environmentalists to read through ‘The Water Infrastructure Act’. I’ve not read through it. I don’t live in America, so, it doesn’t apply to me. From what I’ve heard about it however, there’s much to be hopeful over. Yet we do need people like Dennis who can comb through the linguistics of it and quote us the red flags that might be written within. Allow the good to be analysed along with the bad—in equal measure—without tilting the scales out of alignment with the reality of the situation presented to us, while simultaneously holding our politicans feet to the fire so they follow through on their promises.

That’s how the left and right can work together, if we really wish to, without getting into the food fights that become so prevalent on these forums.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (28th October 2018), mountain_jim (28th October 2018), onawah (28th October 2018), petra (3rd December 2018), ThePythonicCow (28th October 2018)

7. Link to Post #84
    Language
    English
    Thanks

My assessment is that Trump is doing better than I expected, and surely is a heck of a lot better choice than Clinton would have been, so no argument there, and I agree the world is not going to implode or be taken over by aliens, though I don't doubt that they are trying. Bill Ryan has been privy to lots of info from genuine whistleblowers on such subjects, and some of the posts in his new thread apply such as: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1256336 and
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1256324
    ...which contain nothing I would disagree with; he doesn't turn a blind eye to the dangers, either.
    I was not referring to you personally regarding spiritual naivety, but it is something that I see a lot of in the world at large, and unfortunately, sometimes here on the forum as well, particularly when Trump fans here paint anyone who is thinking critically and looking for real evidence regarding Trump with such a broad brush, as being a "libtard", which is not only naive, but patently absurd, and makes it very difficult to have a real discussion here, like this one.
    update: I am listening to Dark Journalist here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxgNUde58zw and he says something important about John Bolton starting around 6 minutes in. It would certainly be a step in the right direction if Trump would disempower Bolton in whatever way he can.
    Quote Posted by Jayke (here)
    My risk assessment says Trump is doing just fine, and the world is not going to implode or be taken over by aliens. You might consider my assessment to be naïve. I personally consider it to be grounded in reason and pragmatic logic.
    Last edited by onawah; 28th October 2018 at 00:50.
    Each breath a gift...

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Antagenet (28th October 2018), Ba-ba-Ra (28th October 2018), ClearWater (28th October 2018), Jayke (28th October 2018), mountain_jim (28th October 2018), ThePythonicCow (28th October 2018)

9. Link to Post #85
    Thanks

My assessment is that Trump is doing better than I expected, and surely is a heck of a lot better choice than Clinton would have been, so no argument there, and I agree the world is not going to implode or be taken over by aliens, though I don't doubt that they are trying. Bill Ryan has been privy to lots of info from genuine whistleblowers on such subjects, and some of the posts in his new thread apply such as: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1256336 and
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1256324
    ...which contain nothing I would disagree with; he doesn't turn a blind eye to the dangers, either.
    I was not referring to you personally regarding spiritual naivety, but it is something that I see a lot of in the world at large, and unfortunately, sometimes here on the forum as well, particularly when Trump fans here paint anyone who is thinking critically and looking for real evidence regarding Trump with such a broad brush, as being a "libtard", which is not only naive, but patently absurd, and makes it very difficult to have a real discussion here, like this one.
    update: I am listening to Dark Journalist here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxgNUde58zw and he says something important about John Bolton starting around 6 minutes in. It would certainly be a step in the right direction if Trump would disempower Bolton in whatever way he can.
    Quote Posted by Jayke (here)
    My risk assessment says Trump is doing just fine, and the world is not going to implode or be taken over by aliens. You might consider my assessment to be naïve. I personally consider it to be grounded in reason and pragmatic logic.
    The libtards (or shills) do tend to paint Donald Trump with broad brush strokes when they take aim with their juvenile character assassinations. (Not that I believe we have any genuine shills on this forum), I do find it disheartening when supposedly aware and spiritually developed people accuse other forum members of being shills for supporting Trump however, which is patently absurd, like you say, since Trump is actually doing better than most people expected. It makes it difficult for pro-Trump supporters to engage in a real discussion when the anti-Trump people focus too heavily on what’s going wrong as oppose to what’s going right, especially when the criticisms levelled at Trump are generally things that are beyond Trumps control. Does anyone really think he has omnipotent control over the military-industrial-complex, for example? No way! Then why does he continuously get blamed for every nefarious move the pentagon perpetuates?

I’ve tried following along on your thread, Trump is not the Answer, and you do tend to do likewise, I do appreciate some of the posts on that thread, but some of the stories you share are blatantly beyond Trumps control, yet rather than point your ire at the real culprits, it’s Trump that gets tainted with the broad whipping brush. Greater discernment and greater distinction, when assessing what Trump genuinely has control over, versus what he hasn’t had chance to tackle in his 2 years of office, would go a long way in preventing people from calling you a libtard. Not that I believe I’ve ever levelled that accusation against you personally. But you certainly won’t earn pro-Trump supporters respect by hurling ad-hominins our way, then taking offence when ad-hominins are thrown back. Respect is a two-way street, as well we all know.

I do like Dark Journalists shows—when I get chance to watch them—Trump could be the next Kennedy by reigniting new space programs, so it’ll be interesting to see if DJ and Bosley bring any of that into their discussion. I’m not a fan of Pence either, but it’ll be interesting to see how well Trump can bring the Neocons to heel over the coming years.

Last edited by Jayke; 28th October 2018 at 15:16.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (28th October 2018)

11. Link to Post #86
    Language
    English
    Thanks

For the most part what I share here is quoted information from other sources, which may blame Trump for things which are beyond his control. Their views are not necessarily my views, but as they are reporting about problems which people in the Trump Admin may be causing or not doing anything to alleviate, I think the information needs to be shared. I do not take responsibility for others' opinions of Trump, and this is not MY thread. Autumn started it and entitled it. I have no ire against Trump.
    I am quite aware of your familiar complaints, Jayke. It's not like they haven't been voiced over and over and over again! I have no solution for you. There certainly are lots and lots of problems that Trump cannot address, also problems which he most likely will not address, and there are some very bad people in his Admin who do him no credit at all. I can't fix that, but I can and will continue to pay attention to that, and will continue to post information about that on this forum if I choose to. You always have the option of ignoring my posts if you choose to.
    Each breath a gift...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Jayke (28th October 2018)

13. Link to Post #87
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,466 times in 762 posts

I think I'm going to stay away from the political front for awhile. When killing, bombing, and the hatred (even here on this forum) are the means we use to be heard, and I know it's a very small faction, I say that cost is too large ..... If we are the sum total of what we hate, what are we ?

... 3 things I've learned:... let your HEART rule your head.... your CONSCIENCE is your friend ....and all the material things we seek, there is a great word for TRAPPINGS.
    Last edited by ramus; 28th October 2018 at 16:57.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ramus For This Post:

DeDukshyn (28th October 2018), Jayke (28th October 2018), onawah (28th October 2018)

15. Link to Post #88
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Correction: I was thinking I was on Autumn's thread Trump is not the Answer when I wrote the post above, #87. Hard to believe this thread already has nearly 100 posts and 5 pages.
    Each breath a gift...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Jayke (28th October 2018)

17. Link to Post #89
    Thanks

For the most part what I share here is quoted information from other sources, which may blame Trump for things which are beyond his control. Their views are not necessarily my views, but as they are reporting about problems which people in the Trump Admin may be causing or not doing anything to alleviate, I think the information needs to be shared. I do not take responsibility for others' opinions of Trump, and this is not MY thread. Autumn started it and entitled it. I have no ire against Trump.
    I am quite aware of your familiar complaints, Jayke. It's not like they haven't been voiced over and over and over again! I have no solution for you. There certainly are lots and lots of problems that Trump cannot address, also problems which he most likely will not address, and there are some very bad people in his Admin who do him no credit at all. I can't fix that, but I can and will continue to pay attention to that, and will continue to post information about that on this forum if I choose to. You always have the option of ignoring my posts if you choose to.
    I actually agree with your sentiments, and I do respect your postings, even if I disagree with the information shared occasionally. I think our underlying goals are the same, which are to make the world a more spiritually aligned and wholesome place. Counterbalancing opinions are fine by me, it’s all part of the dialectical process.

I’ve still not had anyone get back to me on any hidden dangers in ‘The Water Infrastructure Act 2018’ yet.

The Irrigation Association seem to be the group who will benefit most from it...

Might be worth following their social media channels if anyone’s interested in the progress of how this policy is benefiting America.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

mountain_jim (29th October 2018), onawah (29th October 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 5