+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst 1 12 22 32 50 LastLast

Thread: Bill Ryan's personal Question-and-Answer thread. Pile it on. :)

1. Link to Post #421
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Bill Ryan's personal Question-and-Answer thread. Pile it on. :)

Hi Bill,

Can I ask you to expand a little on your above response to the question about declining numbers of white people?

Why do you think this relative and absolute decline is particularly significant?

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ashva For This Post:

Antagenet (1st December 2018), Bill Ryan (27th November 2018), christian (24th November 2018), Debra (24th November 2018), Innocent Warrior (28th November 2018), Ken (27th November 2018), peterpam (27th November 2018), selinam (12th December 2018), Sir Eltor (9th September 2019)

3. Link to Post #422
    Great Britain Avalon Member Baby Steps's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,422 times in 1,261 posts

Hi,

- Would you say that greater access to past life memories would assist humanity?

- Would it serve those trying to limit or control us to block these?

- Alternatively, is working on this simply a spiritual challenge/opportunity , and part of our chance to improve this reality?

- Has human lifespan been artificially reduced?

- Would our unusual inability to synthesize vitamin C (unlike SOME other primates) be part of this?

Many thanks
    Last edited by Baby Steps; 24th November 2018 at 10:30.
    we have subcontracted the business of healing people to Companies who profit from sickness.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th November 2018), Debra (24th November 2018), Innocent Warrior (28th November 2018), Ken (27th November 2018), peterpam (27th November 2018), Sir Eltor (9th September 2019), Sunny-side-up (24th November 2018)

5. Link to Post #423
    Thanks

Hello Bill,

Did you read or hear about this book: Thalus of Athos – Disclosure: An eyewitness report about a civilization inside the Earth – From the diary of a mystical order adept

https://www.amazon.com/Thalus-Athos-...alus+von+athos

The German guy was a member of MOHLA (Mystical Order of Aton’s Hermetic Teachings). After he dissolved the more that 3000 years old MOHLA, and made lot of their confidential knowledge accessible to the public, he died about 10 years ago.

He and some other guys from his “Wisdom Order” claimed to have, over many years, physical contact with people from Inner Earth civilizations. Very authentic and believable.

The book gives a new perspective about history and actual situation here on planet earth. Recommended for everybody who wants to understand the big picture.

Somebody wrote in a review (I could not say it better):
    Great book! Super intense and definitely worth reading it. After you read it you will have to question everything you thought to know. The book will give you a different point of view how you can see the world we are living in. It helps you to get independent again and to start to find your own truth by asking questions!

Unfortunately there is only one book from him available in English now. (7 Books are available in German).
    Last edited by Aviator; 24th November 2018 at 14:51.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Aviator For This Post:

angelfire (25th November 2018), Bill Ryan (27th November 2018), Debra (27th November 2018), Happyjak (24th December 2018), Innocent Warrior (28th November 2018), Ken (27th November 2018), peterpam (27th November 2018), Sir Eltor (9th September 2019), Spellbound (24th November 2018)

7. Link to Post #424
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    8. Astrology. Fact, fiction, myth, or science?[/B][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]
    It seems to work, at least sometimes! It's even been statistically shown to be (apparently) valid, in careful research done on personality typing vs. birth sign over large groups of people.

HOW it works, or can possibly work, I have absolutely not the tiniest clue.
    In respect of 8. above, ( whatever form our 'Terra ' is ! );
    Does not Santos Bonacci make a good case for the various Mineral deficiencies / Abundance, in Terrestial Humans ?
    ( According to the Cosmic influence at the time of their Birth Season... )

BTW, post 419 might well go down as being one of the finest examples of your lucidity of thought, Brotherly love to you mate !
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 24th November 2018 at 14:57. Reason: fixed quote formatting

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Frenchy For This Post:

Antagenet (1st December 2018), Bill Ryan (27th November 2018), Debra (27th November 2018), Innocent Warrior (28th November 2018), peterpam (27th November 2018), Sir Eltor (9th September 2019), Spellbound (24th November 2018), Tintin (29th November 2018), Valerie Villars (25th November 2018)

9. Link to Post #425
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,850 times in 688 posts

Quote Posted by Frenchy (here)
    8. Astrology. Fact, fiction, myth, or science?[/B][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]
    It seems to work, at least sometimes! It's even been statistically shown to be (apparently) valid, in careful research done on personality typing vs. birth sign over large groups of people.

Does not Santos Bonacci make a good case for the various Mineral deficiencies / Abundance, in Terrestial Humans ?

BTW, post 419 might well go down as being one of the finest examples of your lucidity of thought, Brotherly love to you mate !
    Mineral deficiencies by birth season? That's absurd. There are Leos born in the summer and Leos born in the winter depending on hemisphere! But they are all Leos by personality type.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th November 2018), Innocent Warrior (28th November 2018), peterpam (27th November 2018), Sir Eltor (9th September 2019), Tintin (29th November 2018)

11. Link to Post #426
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

If I can add to the previous : what do you think of Whitley Strieber?

Do you find him wholly credible?

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ashva For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th November 2018), Debra (27th November 2018), Innocent Warrior (28th November 2018), Ken (27th November 2018), peterpam (27th November 2018), Sir Eltor (9th September 2019), Spellbound (25th November 2018)

13. Link to Post #427
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,652 times in 10,074 posts

Hi Bill,
    Something I wonder about, and wonder if you have any thoughts on:
    When an inhabited planet suffers some kind of cataclysm(s), and millions suddenly die, and there are not enough new bodies (infants) to go around to provide for everyone's next round of incarnations, what happens to those souls without bodies?
    Do they remain in some kind of stasis/limbo, or consciously inhabit the immaterial realms until enough new bodies are available to incarnate into, or incarnate on other worlds where there are already bodies available?
    It seems like this must be a real dilemma, since apparently as individual souls, we "sign on" to incarnate for an extended period of time in material bodies on each planet that we inhabit, and moving around frequently from planet to planet is not common practice, as it may take many lifetimes before a soul becomes familiarized enough with a new planet's culture to be able to thrive there.
    Thank you.
    Each breath a gift...

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

avid (26th November 2018), Ben Macdonald (3rd January 2019), Bill Ryan (27th November 2018), Debra (27th November 2018), Innocent Warrior (28th November 2018), Ken (27th November 2018), norski (16th December 2018), peterpam (27th November 2018), Sadieblue (27th November 2018), Spellbound (27th November 2018)

15. Link to Post #428
    Great Britain Avalon Member Fansongecho's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi Bill,
    I really enjoyed watching the Camelot interview with Brian O'Leary - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3cBOq5-nZw
    It was really sad news to hear of his passing, and I am wondering if he mentioned things that you folks didn't record that you may be able to share with us please?

Also, can I kindly ask what 3 esoteric subjects would you investigate if you could only research 3 (out of the many on this webpage)?

Also, what are your thoughts about the S4 Black Seal testimony that Bob Dean (Rest In Peace and bless him) and Wendelle C. Stevens (again rest in peace and bless him)
    documented and posted on YT - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TfAWjlTQPs&t=1025s

And finally, do you think that Tom Delong is being used ?? and will anything come of his latest adventure?

Kind regards,

Fansongecho
    We search by night and day -
    *Check - Check-6*

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Fansongecho For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th November 2018), Debra (27th November 2018), Innocent Warrior (28th November 2018), Ken (27th November 2018), Nenuphar (27th November 2018), peterpam (27th November 2018), Sir Eltor (9th September 2019), Spellbound (27th November 2018)

17. Link to Post #429
    Thailand Avalon Member charlesfrith's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe that Charles Hall was lonely and wrote science fiction weaving himself into the work. He kind of admits this in interviews.
    Allegedly Bright. Empirically Stupid.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to charlesfrith For This Post:

Baby Steps (27th November 2018), Bill Ryan (27th November 2018), Innocent Warrior (28th November 2018), peterpam (27th November 2018)

19. Link to Post #430
    Canada Avalon Member Bassplayer1's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi Bill,

Once again thank you for your openness and generosity in sharing your honesty, thoughts and feelings with us, I really appreciate it.

In an earlier question here, you talked about your enjoyment of music - particularly late 60s/70s rock - Crosby, Stills and Nash, Floyd, Hendrix, Zeppelin (with a bit of Prog thrown in if I recall) etc. I personally think this was a magic time for music enthusiasts and as a musician myself, I'm envious of the stories about how many of these bands were paid an advance to go in to the studio and quite often experiment! Anyway, if I could wave a magic wand, which of these artists/bands would you pay to see today, or accept a ticket as a gift? (Bearing in mind the ridiculous high prices and the soulless corporate stadiums where you can't even have a decent beer these days lol). Also, how many of these artists do you feel still remain pretty much themselves in terms of their integrity and values etc. There are many hugely successful musicians that are household names that somehow feel a bit weird when you watch them being interviewed today - it's as if something is missing and they are not quite themselves anymore.

Are there any that you'd be up for spending a weekend with interviewing them?

As a side thought here, thinking about Crosby, Stills and Nash reminds me of Joni Mitchell who I adore - especially her 70s jazz oriented stuff - what an accomplished guitarist she became!!! Anyway, I've read her biography and watched her interviews and she seems to be someone who has stood her ground in many ways against the industry, and I don't wish to sound like I'm fanning the flames of conspiracy here, but she has said that she has Morgelons disease. Do you also think there's anything weird going on in say, for example, her illness, John Lennon's death and the message he was trying to spread, or Bob Marley and his message and the unusual situation of cancer of the toe - just to name a few examples?

How many of the musicians you've loved over the years would you definitely want to see, not just out of enjoyment but also because you feel they have grown and kept a part of them selves untouched by the industry?

Sorry for the long winded muddle here ... blame it on the cheeky craft beer I'm enjoying as I type ;-)

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bassplayer1 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (27th November 2018), Bluegreen (27th November 2018), Innocent Warrior (28th November 2018), Ivanhoe (27th November 2018), Ken (27th November 2018), mountain_jim (27th November 2018), peterpam (27th November 2018), Sir Eltor (9th September 2019), Spellbound (27th November 2018), Sunny-side-up (27th November 2018), Valerie Villars (27th November 2018)

21. Link to Post #431
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,264 times in 3,937 posts

Hi Bill, many thanks for tirelessly answering all these questions!

i have a few more:

1) Have you ever been so frustrated with something that you considered walking away from the forum for good? If so, what was that something? And how did you resolve it?

2) This question is a bit cliche, but if you could sit and have dinner with, say, any 5 people on the planet, who would they be?

3) Have you ever been physically attacked since beginning this 'conspiracy' research?

4) You mentioned Pete Peterson as a totally unreliable "whistleblower" in retrospect....are there any others that you interviewed in the Camelot days that you now regard in a similar way?

5) How did you get involved with Serpo?

6) Are you still in touch with your climber mate..the very small one who was with you during your abduction experience? If so , what is he up to these days?

7) have you ever heard from your very small girlfriend from the same time? the one that left after saying her purpose in your life was finished?

Thx.
    Last edited by Mike; 27th November 2018 at 05:27.

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th November 2018), Innocent Warrior (28th November 2018), Ken (27th November 2018), Kryztian (30th November 2018), onawah (27th November 2018), peterpam (27th November 2018), Sir Eltor (9th September 2019), Spellbound (27th November 2018), Sunny-side-up (27th November 2018), Valerie Villars (27th November 2018)

23. Link to Post #432
    Thanks
    Thanked 274,084 times in 20,281 posts

Quote Posted by ashva (here)
    Hi Bill,

Can I ask you to expand a little on your above response to the question about declining numbers of white people?

Why do you think this relative and absolute decline is particularly significant?
    Well, it's not a racist comment. But it is a comment about what seems to me to be a crystal clear agenda by the globalists to irreversibly wreck the cultural traditions of Europe and also North America.

In order to do that, they have do disempower, sideline, and create a cultural meme of criticism of 'white' people. And, also, if they can, reduce their numbers.

What we're starting to see is inverse racism. In the last few hundred years, white people have always been the 'racists' (with a great deal of historical accuracy to that statement). Now, like a reversed black-and-white image, it's all starting to be the other way round.

24. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Antagenet (1st December 2018), avid (27th November 2018), Baby Steps (28th November 2018), christian (28th November 2018), Happyjak (24th December 2018), Innocent Warrior (28th November 2018), Kryztian (30th November 2018), Magnus (30th November 2018), onawah (27th November 2018), peterpam (27th November 2018), selinam (12th December 2018), Sir Eltor (9th September 2019), Spellbound (28th November 2018), Tintin (29th November 2018), Valerie Villars (27th November 2018), Violet3 (6th December 2018), Yoda (27th November 2018)

25. Link to Post #433
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Baby Steps (here)
    Hi,

- Would you say that greater access to past life memories would assist humanity?

- Would it serve those trying to limit or control us to block these?

- Alternatively, is working on this simply a spiritual challenge/opportunity , and part of our chance to improve this reality?

- Has human lifespan been artificially reduced?

- Would our unusual inability to synthesize vitamin C (unlike SOME other primates) be part of this?

Many thanks
    If we all had 100% recall of our past lives, the entire world would be so totally different it'd be hard to describe the vast gulf between what it would be, and what it is now.

The exact analogy is as if the entire world had amnesia, and couldn't remember last week, or any time prior. We'd only have paper or computer records of what happened last month. We'd not remember a thing personally.

That then makes us all vulnerable to manipulation, as if we were innocent babies with no life experience. And as is often so rightly said, if we don't know or understand history, we're destined to repeat our mistakes.

We do know a little bit of history.... but it's not memory. It's just a bunch of fragmented records, definitely inaccurate or incomplete, mostly accessible to just a tiny number of relative specialists. (Which regular people in the street know a bunch of history? Many know almost none at all. )

After we go back just a few hundred years, it's VERY incomplete. A few thousand, and little is there. Ten thousand (only ten thousand!), and there's nothing at all. Through having the amnesia that we have (Graham Hancock: "We're a race with amnesia"), we're all hugely compromised as a result.

~~~

No, human lifespan is longer now that it ever used to be. That's mainly due to the eradication of diseases like smallpox, the significant lowering of infant mortality, the ability to operate surgically on just about anything, and reliable ways to cure infection (diseases and wounds) that would have been killers just a few hundred years ago.

A broken leg is a painful major hassle, but it's 100% fully fixable within months. Just a few hundred years ago, it might have been a death sentence.

The BIG problem, of course, is that now there's a top-heavy population of surviving elderly people, with associated endemic disabilities such as Alzheimer's — and the gradual dissolution of the traditional nuclear family to support them. A longer lifespan (for some) is not always a blessing.

26. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Antagenet (1st December 2018), avid (27th November 2018), Baby Steps (27th November 2018), christian (28th November 2018), Dennis Leahy (27th November 2018), Ernie Nemeth (27th November 2018), Happyjak (24th December 2018), Innocent Warrior (28th November 2018), justntime2learn (6th March 2019), kanishk (5th December 2018), Ken (27th November 2018), Magnus (30th November 2018), Ol' Roy (27th November 2018), peterpam (27th November 2018), Sir Eltor (9th September 2019), Spellbound (28th November 2018), Valerie Villars (27th November 2018), Violet3 (6th December 2018), wnlight (27th November 2018), Yoda (27th November 2018)

27. Link to Post #434
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Aviator (here)
    Did you read or hear about this book: Thalus of Athos – Disclosure: An eyewitness report about a civilization inside the Earth – From the diary of a mystical order adept

https://amazon.com/Thalus-Athos-Disclosure-eyewitness-civilization-ebook/dp/B01ELIHET6
    No, I never have. But I'm 100% confident there's no 'civilization inside the Earth'.

28. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Antagenet (1st December 2018), Aviator (27th November 2018), Baby Steps (27th November 2018), christian (28th November 2018), Dennis Leahy (27th November 2018), Happyjak (24th December 2018), Innocent Warrior (28th November 2018), justntime2learn (6th March 2019), Ken (27th November 2018), Magnus (30th November 2018), peterpam (29th November 2018), Sir Eltor (9th September 2019), Spellbound (28th November 2018), Valerie Villars (27th November 2018), Violet3 (6th December 2018), Yoda (27th November 2018)

29. Link to Post #435
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Frenchy (here)

Well, after Santos Bonacci came out as a Flat Earther, I'm a little less inclined to seriously consider anything he proposes! But many years ago, biologist Lyall Watson, in his very excellent before-their-time books Supernature and also Lifetide, theorized that the effects on the human body from distant planetary bodies might be something to do with the body's high water content.

30. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Baby Steps (27th November 2018), christian (28th November 2018), Dennis Leahy (27th November 2018), Happyjak (24th December 2018), Innocent Warrior (28th November 2018), justntime2learn (6th March 2019), Ken (27th November 2018), peterpam (29th November 2018), Sir Eltor (9th September 2019), Spellbound (28th November 2018), Tintin (29th November 2018), Valerie Villars (27th November 2018), Violet3 (6th December 2018), wnlight (27th November 2018), Yoda (27th November 2018)

31. Link to Post #436
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ashva (here)
    What do you think of Whitley Strieber? Do you find him wholly credible?
    I've never met or corresponded with him, but he does a pretty good radio show, usually doesn't entertain cranks, and stands for a bunch of things that I do think are credible. I have no reason to doubt his personal claims of a number of very weird personal experiences, although some of those are certainly very weird indeed.

32. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Baby Steps (27th November 2018), christian (28th November 2018), Dennis Leahy (27th November 2018), Happyjak (24th December 2018), Innocent Warrior (28th November 2018), justntime2learn (6th March 2019), Ken (27th November 2018), Kryztian (30th November 2018), Magnus (30th November 2018), peterpam (29th November 2018), Sir Eltor (9th September 2019), Spellbound (28th November 2018), Tintin (29th November 2018), Valerie Villars (27th November 2018), Violet3 (6th December 2018), wnlight (27th November 2018), Yoda (27th November 2018)

33. Link to Post #437
    Thanks

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    Hi Bill,
    Something I wonder about, and wonder if you have any thoughts on:
    When an inhabited planet suffers some kind of cataclysm(s), and millions suddenly die, and there are not enough new bodies (infants) to go around to provide for everyone's next round of incarnations, what happens to those souls without bodies?
    Do they remain in some kind of stasis/limbo, or consciously inhabit the immaterial realms until enough new bodies are available to incarnate into, or incarnate on other worlds where there are already bodies available?
    It seems like this must be a real dilemma, since apparently as individual souls, we "sign on" to incarnate for an extended period of time in material bodies on each planet that we inhabit, and moving around frequently from planet to planet is not common practice, as it may take many lifetimes before a soul becomes familiarized enough with a new planet's culture to be able to thrive there.
    Thank you.
    Well, souls can always go off to any other planet to incarnate — if they choose to. They're not bound in some way to Planet Earth, apart from by their own desire to stay 'on home ground' and continue their own goals and purposes, which may be long-term, and very important to them.

But yes, it might well be difficult for a soul to make the decision to move on to take up a different kind of body on another planet, all of which may be very unfamiliar and where there may also not be anyone else they know, or have ever known.

There are many more souls than bodies anyway, and many of them do hang around watching — or 'playing games' (as it were: a loose term) on other non-physical levels. Remaining in close contact with old friends is always a major factor. It's a little like emigrating to the 'New World' on a one-way sailing ship a few hundred years ago. It took a lot of courage and commitment to make that no-return decision, though whole families might have traveled together. (Unlike that analogy, though, souls can always come back quite easily next time round if they feel they made a bad call.)

34. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (28th November 2018), Baby Steps (27th November 2018), Ben Macdonald (3rd January 2019), christian (28th November 2018), Dennis Leahy (27th November 2018), Happyjak (24th December 2018), Innocent Warrior (28th November 2018), justntime2learn (6th March 2019), kanishk (5th December 2018), Ken (27th November 2018), Magnus (30th November 2018), Mare (5th December 2018), onawah (27th November 2018), peterpam (29th November 2018), petra (27th November 2018), Sir Eltor (9th September 2019), Spellbound (28th November 2018), Tintin (29th November 2018), Valerie Villars (27th November 2018), Violet3 (6th December 2018), wnlight (27th November 2018), Yoda (27th November 2018)

35. Link to Post #438
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Fansongecho (here)
    Hi Bill,
    [ ...]
    Kind regards,

Fansongecho
    Hi there, and a warm welcome to the forum.

I really enjoyed watching the Camelot interview with Brian O'Leary - https://youtube.com/watch?v=c3cBOq5-nZw. It was really sad news to hear of his passing, and I am wondering if he mentioned things that you folks didn't record that you may be able to share with us please?

No, Brian O'Leary (who I was blessed to get to know really quite well) never shared anything privately that he didn't talk about publicly.

Can I kindly ask what 3 esoteric subjects would you investigate if you could only research 3 (out of the many on this webpage)?

1. Time travel.
    2. The true history of planet Earth (both geologically, and also including the archontic influence that came in about 5,000 years ago).
    3. The real lives of Jesus and Mary Magdalene.

What are your thoughts about the S4 Black Seal testimony that Bob Dean (Rest In Peace and bless him) and Wendelle C. Stevens (again rest in peace and bless him) documented and posted on YT -
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=4TfAWjlTQPs&t=1025s

I think it's very important and credible. There's nothing in there that negates or contradicts anything else we've come to know, including from genuine S4 whistleblowers like Bob Lazar. See this VERY interesting thread for more:

Do you think that Tom DeLonge is being used ??

Definitely.

And will anything come of his latest adventure?

I'm now tending to think it'll all fizzle out. The agencies and/or military departments are NOT all behind this. As I posted here a couple days ago:

~~~
    John Greenewald concludes, with very strong evidence, that there's something badly awry with Luis Elizondo. Many of us already knew that! But John G. finds several smoking guns that are really quite important.

Elizondo comes over every time like some kind of agency goon buffoon who's been pushed to the front to talk, but who knows embarrassingly little about UFO history. TTSA watchers are really beginning to realize that now.

Significant amongst all this is that Elizondo has refused to do an interview with John G. And John was simply offering, in a straight but supportive way, to help him clarify the confusing record. Elizondo refusing to do this speaks volumes.

In this excellent audio, John G. speculates right near the end that the New York Times and Washington Post may have not done any more on this because they themselves realized that the AATIP story was full of holes. So they may have just quietly dropped it all.

TTSA is going nowhere fast. John G. has shown that the releases do NOT have the support of the Pentagon in the way that many have assumed. That suggests to me internal agency conflict (which often happens). If that's the case, the whole thing will definitely become mired in deep mud. That looks to me to be what's happening now.

I'd bet half a cup of that Hal Puthoff, Rich Dolan's (understandable!) prime reason for keeping faith in TTSA, may quietly step away. Sometime in the next 6 months. Let's see. If that happens, it'll be TTSA's death knell.

36. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (28th November 2018), Baby Steps (27th November 2018), christian (28th November 2018), Cognitive Dissident (17th May 2019), Dennis Leahy (27th November 2018), Fansongecho (27th November 2018), Happyjak (24th December 2018), Innocent Warrior (28th November 2018), Ken (27th November 2018), Magnus (30th November 2018), onawah (27th November 2018), peterpam (29th November 2018), petra (27th November 2018), Sir Eltor (9th September 2019), Spellbound (28th November 2018), Tintin (29th November 2018), Valerie Villars (27th November 2018), Violet3 (6th December 2018), wnlight (27th November 2018), Yoda (27th November 2018)

37. Link to Post #439
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bassplayer1 (here)
    Hi Bill,

Once again thank you for your openness and generosity in sharing your honesty, thoughts and feelings with us, I really appreciate it.

In an earlier question here, you talked about your enjoyment of music - particularly late 60s/70s rock - Crosby, Stills and Nash, Floyd, Hendrix, Zeppelin (with a bit of Prog thrown in if I recall) etc. I personally think this was a magic time for music enthusiasts and as a musician myself, I'm envious of the stories about how many of these bands were paid an advance to go in to the studio and quite often experiment! Anyway, if I could wave a magic wand, which of these artists/bands would you pay to see today, or accept a ticket as a gift? (Bearing in mind the ridiculous high prices and the soulless corporate stadiums where you can't even have a decent beer these days lol). Also, how many of these artists do you feel still remain pretty much themselves in terms of their integrity and values etc. There are many hugely successful musicians that are household names that somehow feel a bit weird when you watch them being interviewed today - it's as if something is missing and they are not quite themselves anymore.

As a side thought here, thinking about Crosby, Stills and Nash reminds me of Joni Mitchell who I adore - especially her 70s jazz oriented stuff - what an accomplished guitarist she became!!! Anyway, I've read her biography and watched her interviews and she seems to be someone who has stood her ground in many ways against the industry, and I don't wish to sound like I'm fanning the flames of conspiracy here, but she has said that she has Morgelons disease. Do you also think there's anything weird going on in say, for example, her illness, John Lennon's death and the message he was trying to spread, or Bob Marley and his message and the unusual situation of cancer of the toe - just to name a few examples?

How many of the musicians you've loved over the years would you definitely want to see, not just out of enjoyment but also because you feel they have grown and kept a part of them selves untouched by the industry?

Sorry for the long winded muddle here ... blame it on the cheeky craft beer I'm enjoying as I type ;-)
    I have to say, I'd do quite a lot to see Ann and Nancy Wilson (Heart) perform an entire concert of Zeppelin numbers. And yes, they might possibly get back together next year.

They do Zep better than Zep, and Ann does Robert Plant better than Robert Plant. Sacrilege to some! But a case can be made. With the passing of Freddy Mercury, Ann Wilson, now 68 years old (impossible to believe!), has by far the strongest, most powerful and most evocative voice in rock. Her voice is just as it was when she started out 50 years ago. Maybe better.

And if I had a time machine, I'd want to be at the 2012 Kennedy Center Honors where Ann and Nancy, backed by Jason Bonham on drums, an orchestra, and two choirs, performed Stairway to Heaven, the greatest modern song ever recorded, in front of Plant, Jimmy Page, and John Paul Jones, and a packed audience of celebrities that included the president.

It was staggering, acclaimed final act of the night that famously brought tears to the eyes of Robert Plant. (And to mine, too. I can't watch that often enough. It was the greatest live performance of Stairway to Heaven ever done, including by Led Zeppelin themselves.)

Trivia here compared to much else on this thread, but here it is. It's something to witness. These things do matter. (And, note. ETs can't do this kind of thing. Only humans can.)

Source: Watch on Vimeo

I've enjoyed this reply so much (so far) that I'll pause here and come back to the rest later!
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 1st December 2018 at 00:05. Reason: fixed video link

38. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

abmqa (27th November 2018), angelfire (27th November 2018), avid (28th November 2018), Bluegreen (27th November 2018), christian (28th November 2018), Dennis Leahy (27th November 2018), Earthship (2nd December 2018), Ernie Nemeth (27th November 2018), Franny (27th November 2018), Innocent Warrior (28th November 2018), James Newell (27th November 2018), Jill (27th November 2018), Kate (27th November 2018), Ken (27th November 2018), Maunagarjana (27th November 2018), Nenuphar (27th November 2018), Ol' Roy (27th November 2018), peterpam (29th November 2018), Sir Eltor (9th September 2019), Spellbound (28th November 2018), Tintin (29th November 2018), Valerie Villars (27th November 2018), Violet3 (6th December 2018), what is a name? (28th November 2018), Yoda (27th November 2018)

39. Link to Post #440
    United States Avalon Member abmqa's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bassplayer1 (here)
    Hi Bill,

I have to say, I'd do quite a lot to see Ann and Nancy Wilson (Heart) perform an entire concert of Zeppelin numbers. And yes, they might possibly get back together next year.

They do Zep better than Zep, and Ann does Robert Plant better than Robert Plant. Sacrilege to some! But a case can be made. With the passing of Freddy Mercury, Ann Wilson, now 68 years old (impossible to believe!), has by far the strongest, most powerful and most evocative voice in rock. Her voice is just as it was when she started out 50 years ago. Maybe better.

And if I had a time machine, I'd want to be at the 2012 Kennedy Center Honors where Ann and Nancy, backed by Jason Bonham on drums, an orchestra, and two choirs, performed Stairway to Heaven, the greatest modern song ever recorded, in front of Plant, Jimmy Page, and John Paul Jones, and a packed audience of celebrities that included the president.

It was staggering, acclaimed final act of the night that famously brought tears to the eyes of Robert Plant. (And to mine, too. I can't watch that often enough. It was the greatest live performance of Stairway to Heaven ever done, including by Led Zeppelin themselves.)

Trivia here compared to much else on this thread, but here it is. It's something to witness. These things do matter. (And, note. ETs can't do this kind of thing. Only humans can.)

Source: Watch on Vimeo

I've enjoyed this reply so much (so far) that I'll pause here and come back to the rest later!
    Absolutely brilliant!! Thanks so much for sharing this! I'm a big fan of Heart but have never seen this. It's my new fave video

As for ETs musical abilities, I can imagine a race of aliens, that have emotions, and natural musical abilities. Like below perhaps?

What sounds good is so subjective to us humans.

Do you think ETs understand and enjoy our music?
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 1st December 2018 at 00:06. Reason: fixed video link

40. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to abmqa For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th November 2018), Bluegreen (27th November 2018), Dennis Leahy (27th November 2018), Happyjak (24th December 2018), Innocent Warrior (28th November 2018), Ken (27th November 2018), peterpam (29th November 2018), petra (27th November 2018), Sir Eltor (9th September 2019), Spellbound (28th November 2018), Tintin (29th November 2018), Valerie Villars (27th November 2018), YoYoYo (17th January 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst 1 12 22 32 50 LastLast