+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 88 FirstFirst 1 36 46 56 88 LastLast

Thread: Bill Ryan's personal Question-and-Answer thread. Pile it on. :)

1. Link to Post #901
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,745 times in 32,946 posts

Default Re: Bill Ryan's personal Question-and-Answer thread. Pile it on. :)

Quote Posted by Gracy May (here)
    Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    UFOs are being rebranded (whitewashed) as UAPs, they're being painted as a threat (this is important), and 70 years of well-documented history is being very quietly book-burned. This is 2019 Operation Mockingbird in action, all alive and well.
    Hi Bill!

Here's a related question for you. First off, speaking of Mockingbird, would you agree that the ufo field is by far the most tainted with dis, and misinformation, in all of alternative media?

And to follow up on that, I find it quite the suspect coincidence that ufo's "just happened" tobecome all the rage right after WW 2 with paperclip, what do you think about this possible Reeses Peanut Butter Cup of two great tastes that taste great together? Mockingbird propaganda, combined with the genesis of(most) ufos actually being the spoils from Nazi tech in Operation Paperclip.

Seems we were also graced with the intro of mkultra right about that same time.

Would love to hear your thoughts on this.
    What a great question. I'm not knowledgeable enough to feel authoritative on which alternative field is most tainted with misinformation. Is it Ufology? 9/11? JFK? (If one digs a little, there's been a LOT of clever misdirection there.) Chemtrails? 'Climate Change'? Vaccines? The Secret Space Program? Donald Trump?

Whatever may be the most infiltrated — and of course, there certainly is a case that Ufology wins the prize — Mockingbird is alive and well, whatever it's called now. (For those who may be unaware: this is a historically confirmed operation that infiltrated hundreds of CIA assets into every major media outlet to control public perceptions and attitudes.)

Why UFOs became 'all the rage" after WW II is also a good question. Many have theorized, with much justification, that this was primarily because of Roswell in 1947, and before that, Cape Girardeau in 1941, which every serious researcher I know is convinced was an earlier crash that definitely happened. And there may well have been major UFO incidents before that.

Included in that mixed-up pile of stuff is whatever the Nazis were doing with disk-shaped craft in WW II, and maybe even in the 1930s. I'm now convinced these craft were real: I've personally had close-up sight of over 100 black and white photos, very few of which have ever been published anywhere at all, though I wasn't allowed to copy any.

I feel the real question is what those craft could do. My sense is that they were fairly simple: really just experimental demonstration platforms for exotic propulsion of some kind. I very much doubt they could go into space, or maybe even travel very fast.

For instance, as best I know, they never operated interdimensionally in any way: there are no reports I know of them jumping about like that, or magically appearing and disappearing. They were just unusual circular aircraft powered by something that the allies didn't understand.

But their very existence would have been known to both the Americans and Russians — hence Paperclip (and the Russian equivalent, because they got their share of the Nazi scientists as well). That's the important thing, I think.

I'm sure the Americans (Russians, too, but we know far less about that) were VERY eager to get their hands on whatever technology the Nazis were developing and testing. So some of the American black project UFO program (to build something like that for themselves) would have had input from whatever the Nazis knew.

But that's all mixed up with the back-engineering of recovered and crashed craft, that started just a couple years later, and it seems likely that one of the reasons the Americans were so keen to develop something like this was simply BECAUSE of the presence of the ET visitors.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alekahn2 (15th October 2019), Denise/Dizi (10th December 2019), Forest Denizen (23rd October 2019), Frank V (16th October 2019), Gracy (15th October 2019), Ivanhoe (23rd October 2019), kfm27917 (24th October 2019), Lyran.Sun (16th October 2019), Rosemarie (15th October 2019), Sadieblue (21st November 2019), Sunny-side-up (9th December 2019), Yoda (17th October 2019)

3. Link to Post #902
    Thanks

Quote Posted by c0rv0 (here)
    Quote I don't like them, trust them, or believe them.
    Maybe we should distinguish between the 3 aspects.
    Should we like them? Maybe, it depends on your personal taste.
    Should we trust them? No, given their background
    Should we believe them? this is a complex question. Even if their are propagating disinformation we should think that in their (intelligence) field good disinformation consists of a mix of true and false statements.
    As I noticed in the thread Tom DeLonge Quotes, lot of statements made by DeLonge are mirroring the results of my own research, published in 2013-2014 in this forum.

My suggestion here is that we are still in the fascist disclosure scenario, where a ancient secret regarding our relationship with them, is being spin for a political purpose: the US Military Industrial Complex.
    That wasn't a question, but I'd love to respond by agreeing that you may very well be right — about still being in the 'fascist disclosure' scenario.

Nice to hear from you, by the way. Please post some more, here or anywhere else!

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Baby Steps (23rd October 2019), Denise/Dizi (10th December 2019), Forest Denizen (23rd October 2019), Frank V (16th October 2019), Lyran.Sun (16th October 2019), onawah (17th November 2019), Sadieblue (21st November 2019), Sunny-side-up (9th December 2019), Yoda (17th October 2019)

5. Link to Post #903
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lyran.Sun (here)
    Alright I'm gonna conduct this into a mini interview, on behalf of the members here. Firstly I would like to congratulate you Bill & the mods for the many years of success of this forum. You Avalonians have done a super awesome sauce job. & thank you for accepting me in this forum.
    <Sigh!> Again, I know you mean well. But most of the answers to these questions are known (or VERY easily found) by almost every other member, even new ones.

And many of the questions are irrelevant, or of little to no possible interest to anyone reading this. Couldn't you think of some better ones? But I'll play ball. Most of my answers will be brief.

1) When is your birthday?
    — 23 February. That's on my profile page.

2) What is your sun sign, rising sign & moon sign?
    — Pisces. I don't know about the others for sure. I've never got really interested in astrology, though I've seen some dramatically accurate readings.

3) Where were you born?
    — London.

4) Share with us your most fond childhood memories.
    — See this video.

5) What are the nations that you lived in?
    — Nigeria, Ghana, England, Scotland (tipping my hat to the Scots as a separate nation!), Switzerland, the US, Ecuador.

6) Where do you live now?
    — Ecuador. (Pay attention! —> Turmoil in Ecuador)

7) Are you married or in a relationship? If yes Share with us if you like.
    — I was married, briefly, to Christine Anderson. It was a big mistake.

8) Do you have kids? If yes share with us if you like.
    — No.

9) Do you have pets? If yes share with us if you like?
    — Again, pay attention. I have a zillion photos of my dog, Mara, on this thread. (That was originally about the Wawa Grande, Ecuador's Bigfoot, but soon turned into a kind of mountaineering blog detailing various adventures trying to find the thing.)

10) What are your main interests & hobbies?
    — Mountaineering.

11) What's your fav bands & artists?
    — You sound like a teenager. 70s music, mainly, though my tastes are eclectic.

12) What's your fav shows & movies?
    — I don't watch TV, and haven't owned one since 2004. But I enjoyed '24' when I caught up with it years later. I like all good movies that are well-made and pack a thoughtful punch that's inspiring and elevating.

13) Who are your fav celebs?
    — The only one, I think, would be Jim Carrey.

14) Who are your fav well-known figures like scientist, humanitarian, philosophers etc?
    — David Bohm. Mahatma Gandhi. Bob Geldof. Bill Robertson. Jacques Vallιe. Carl Jung.

15) Who are your fav obscure figures like occultist, researchers, conspiracy theorist etc?
    — (overlapping with the above) Bill Robertson. Jacques Vallιe. David Jacobs. John Keel. Werner Erhard. L Ron Hubbard (a very flawed man, for sure, but also an astonishing genius who could have won the Nobel prize for psychology many times over if anyone mainstream had ever paid attention).

16) What are some of your fav quotes?
    — See this long post of mine on The Great Quotes thread.

17) Are you into entertainment sports? If yes which are your fav teams & athletes?
    — Cricket. AB de Villiers (the greatest modern batsman). In women's cricket, Ellyse Perry, who outshines most of the men.

18) Are you into gaming? If yes what are your fav games?
    — No.

19) What's your fav food, dishes & drinks?
    — Mongolian Barbecue. Drinks: fresh fruit juices of all kinds.

20) What are your fav fashion brands?
    — Jeez, give me a break.

21) What's your fav PC & laptop brand?
    — I've only ever used Macs.

22) What's your fav smartphone & tablet brand?
    — I've never used a smartphone and don't own one.

23) What's your fav camera brand & model?
    — I have a Nikon L840. As a spare lightweight pocket camera, I have a very old Nikon S8000 with a broken screen. But it works to take photos of the mountains.

24) What are some of your fav places in this world which you have been to & would like to visit?
    — Kenya, Botswana, Nepal, Thailand and Ladakh. I'd love to visit Bhutan and Tibet.

25) Which is your fav past life on earth?
    — I was in Tibet for 1000 years up to 1850.

26) Do you have memories of being in other planets & dimensions? If yes share with us some if you like.
    — Yes, many. Some of them are on this thread.

27) What's the most strangest dream you had so far?
    — I had two recurring dreams: one was of huge tsunami waves on the coastline. Enormous, but I was not afraid. I had that for many years, but not for a long while now. The other recurring dream was of climbing Everest, which I later discovered was a past-life memory.

28) What's the most strangest encounter in life you had so far?
    — An ET physically appeared in my room 10 feet away from me. Described in detail in this thread.

29) What are some of your fav threads in this forum?
    — Houman's Horus-Ra as the Archontic Alien Parasite: A follow-up interview with Maarit. It's one of the most important threads on the internet. Whatever Houman points us at, you can take it to the bank.

30) Which is your fav conspiracy theory & why?
    — A dreadful question! But doing my best with this, I'm sure the Secret Space program is a reality, we may have even left the solar system, and I very much believe that time-portal viewing technology is a reality. (See http://projectcamelot.org/t1v83.html.) We definitely have a 'stargate' (stable traversable wormhole) to Mars, and it has to be possible that some degree of time travel technology is known and understood.

31) You mentioned David Icke quite a bit in your interviews. How is he like in person?
    Ever partied with him? If yes share with us if you like.
    — He's absolutely down-to-earth, honest, open, sincere. Exactly like he is in all his interviews.
    No parties.

32) Who were some of the most interesting people you have interviewed?
    — The most interesting were 'Henry Deacon' (pseudonym) and Dan Burisch. The most important (and maybe my best) was my last interview, with Kathy Collins. See this thread: From Trauma to Transformation : Kathy Collins' Story

33) What are your statements on the success of Project Avalon & Project Camelot?
    — Project Camelot set the scene for many that followed. That was important. After from the Disclosure Project, which preceded us, we were the first to release long, comprehensive video interviews with some of the key witnesses of the time.
    — Project Avalon really matters. I've said many times that it doesn't matter a jot if we only reach a relatively small number of people. The right people always connect with us, even if they're silent non-member guests. It's about quality not quantity. This is the finest and largest one-stop-shop university library of information about alternative topics on the net.

34) What are your future prospects of this forum?
    — 10-12 years ago, forums were the way to exchange information and opinions over the net, and make valuable personal connections. That's since been supplanted to quite some degree by fast-food substitutes such as Facebook and Twitter. I feel the fast-food vs nourishing meals analogy holds good. Real fast food in the real world will always have more customers. But good restaurants and fine cuisine will never go away.

35) Give a statement to the mods who have helped you.
    — Avalon could never have achieved any of this without you.

36) Give a statement to the members here.
    — Avalon could never have achieved any of this without you.
    Both of those answers sound trite. But they're true.

37) What other activist activities & other related projects you ventured in?
    — Back in 1990, I was one of the organizers of a major UK-and-German-based project that collected and transported food, clothing and relief supplies to Romania after the overthrow of Ceaușescu.
    In 2004, I was part of a small team that quietly worked 24/7 for 6 months to digitize all scientology materials and publish them for free on the net. Scientology lawyers chased us all over the place, but each time a website was closed we'd just open another one. In the end, the materials were all out there, and they still are. Our work was done. (And that was pretty important: I'm extremely proud of the achievement.)
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 16th October 2019 at 01:50.

6. The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Andrew_K (17th October 2019), Baby Steps (23rd October 2019), Cognitive Dissident (16th October 2019), Denise/Dizi (10th December 2019), Forest Denizen (23rd October 2019), Frank V (16th October 2019), Franny (16th October 2019), Heart-2-Heart (17th October 2019), Icare (1st May 2020), Ivanhoe (23rd October 2019), Kate (16th October 2019), kfm27917 (15th November 2019), Kryztian (21st January 2021), leavesoftrees (16th October 2019), Lyran.Sun (16th October 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (17th October 2019), Nick Matkin (21st November 2019), Ol' Roy (16th October 2019), onawah (16th October 2019), petra (17th October 2019), Rhogar (17th October 2019), Rosemarie (15th October 2019), RunningDeer (17th October 2019), Sadieblue (21st November 2019), Soda (9th December 2019), Strat (17th October 2019), Sue (Ayt) (16th October 2019), Sunny (18th October 2019), Sunny-side-up (9th December 2019), Valerie Villars (16th October 2019), Yoda (17th October 2019)

7. Link to Post #904
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 times in 1,825 posts

Kind of random but have you ever explored in a thick jungle environment like the Amazon of Congo? I'd love to do this one day.
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Strat For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th October 2019), Denise/Dizi (10th December 2019), Forest Denizen (23rd October 2019), Frank V (17th October 2019), Lyran.Sun (17th October 2019), Mike (17th October 2019), petra (17th October 2019), RunningDeer (17th October 2019), Sadieblue (21st November 2019), Sunny-side-up (9th December 2019), Valerie Villars (17th October 2019)

9. Link to Post #905
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,606 times in 5,714 posts

when the day of your death arrives (many many many years from now!), what are your hopes for the forum? is it your wish that it carries on? have you prepared a statement of some sort to be released upon your death regarding these types of things?

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd October 2019), Denise/Dizi (10th December 2019), Forest Denizen (23rd October 2019), Frank V (17th October 2019), Icare (1st May 2020), Lyran.Sun (17th October 2019), onawah (17th November 2019), petra (17th October 2019), RunningDeer (17th October 2019), Sadieblue (21st November 2019), Sunny-side-up (9th December 2019), Valerie Villars (17th October 2019)

11. Link to Post #906
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Strat (here)
    Kind of random but have you ever explored in a thick jungle environment like the Amazon of Congo? I'd love to do this one day.
    Actually, yes, I have, quite by accident.

I was in Kenya long ago, and I set off on my own to climb Mount Elgon, an enormous 14,000 ft high extinct volcano on the Kenya-Uganda border, with a filled-in crater full of jungle. I stayed well out of the crater, but resolved to circumnavigate the rim, which would take me several days.

To cut a long story short, I got half way round the thing in 3 days, but then came across an impassible deep chasm. Rather than retrace my steps all the way back, which felt like a drag, I figured I'd just go down the other side of the mountain into Uganda. I found a tiny trail sort of heading that way, so I just followed it.

The tiny trail (which I later learned was a smugglers' trail) took me way down into the Ugandan jungle.... where the trail petered out and I got totally lost. This bit is the answer to your question.

In the jungle, I could literally barely move. I had no machete, and it was like being held back by dozens of tentacles as I fought my way through lianas and super-thick vegetation. At one point, it took me half an hour to go about 200 yards.

But all the time I was trying to go downhill, because then I figured I'd eventually find a stream or river to follow which would be far easier, even if I had to wade through the water.

At one stage I even broke through the jungle floor, which wasn't the actually REAL forest floor at all. I was about 10 feet above all that. So when I broke through, it was like falling through a trapdoor into a dark cellar. I had to climb out of that again, and carry on the way I was before. It took a LONG time, and was really quite a workout.

Eventually, I did find the river I was assuming had to be there. So I just followed that for a day, with monkeys screeching at me from the trees, till I got to a small village that was half bombed out in the civil war that had impacted the area.

I continued towards a small footbridge, where there was a 12 year old kid with a gun bigger than he was: he was the border guard. My arrival was the most exciting thing that had happened to him since he'd been posted there.

And he would NOT let me through. I was now in Uganda without my passport, and he (very reasonably!) refused to believe I'd traversed Mount Elgon from one side to the other all by myself.

Eventually, a friendly villager came along, who knew the kid, and persuaded him to let me through. I emptied out my backpack to show him I had nothing there at all except for my sleeping bag, a tiny bit of food, and a rain jacket. (Sadly, I had no camera. )

So that's my one and only proper jungle story. It was quite an adventure, and the entire thing took a week. It's right up there among the most memorable experiences I've had.

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 17th October 2019 at 15:22.

12. The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Craig (20th October 2019), David Trd1 (26th January 2020), Denise/Dizi (10th December 2019), Forest Denizen (23rd October 2019), Frank V (17th October 2019), Franny (17th October 2019), Icare (1st May 2020), Ivanhoe (23rd October 2019), jms2112 (25th October 2019), lightwalker (10th December 2019), Lyran.Sun (17th October 2019), Maknocktomb (10th December 2019), Mare (18th November 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (24th October 2019), Mashika (25th July 2022), Ol' Roy (17th November 2019), onevoice (17th October 2019), Perdido (25th November 2019), petra (17th October 2019), RunningDeer (17th October 2019), Sadieblue (21st November 2019), silvanelf (23rd October 2019), Strat (17th October 2019), Sue (Ayt) (18th October 2019), Sunny-side-up (9th December 2019), Tam (17th November 2019), wegge (17th October 2019), Yoda (18th October 2019)

13. Link to Post #907
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    when the day of your death arrives (many many many years from now!), what are your hopes for the forum? is it your wish that it carries on? have you prepared a statement of some sort to be released upon your death regarding these types of things?
    I wanted to ask that but I wasn't brave enough...

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd October 2019), David Trd1 (26th January 2020), Denise/Dizi (10th December 2019), Forest Denizen (23rd October 2019), Frank V (17th October 2019), Icare (1st May 2020), Lyran.Sun (17th October 2019), Mike (23rd October 2019), RunningDeer (17th October 2019), Sadieblue (21st November 2019), Sunny-side-up (9th December 2019), Valerie Villars (24th October 2019)

15. Link to Post #908
    Thanks

Hello Bill! Are you aware of any information about the Varginha case or the Operation Saucer (Operaηγo Prato) that occurred in Brazil? In both cases there are several witnesses who report US involvement in gathering information (and even materials like UFOs and Aliens), have you heard any reports from the "Americans side" about these cases?

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Rakhar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (23rd October 2019), David Trd1 (26th January 2020), Denise/Dizi (10th December 2019), Forest Denizen (21st November 2019), Frank V (24th October 2019), Mike (23rd October 2019), Sadieblue (21st November 2019), Sunny-side-up (9th December 2019), Valerie Villars (24th October 2019)

17. Link to Post #909
    Thanks

Quote Posted by petra (here)
    Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    I wanted to ask that but I wasn't brave enough...
    Thanks! Yes, various friends have my core login details for everything needed so that if the Wawa Grande got me when I was out hiking one day, the forum, and its domain name, would carry on exactly as normal.

18. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Antagenet (17th November 2019), Billy (17th November 2019), Denise/Dizi (10th December 2019), Forest Denizen (21st November 2019), Frank V (24th October 2019), Icare (1st May 2020), Ivanhoe (23rd October 2019), Mike (23rd October 2019), onawah (17th November 2019), petra (29th October 2019), RunningDeer (23rd October 2019), Sadieblue (21st November 2019), Sunny-side-up (9th December 2019), Valerie Villars (24th October 2019), Yoda (23rd October 2019)

19. Link to Post #910
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Rakhar (here)
    Hello Bill! Are you aware of any information about the Varginha case or the Operation Saucer (Operaηγo Prato) that occurred in Brazil? In both cases there are several witnesses who report US involvement in gathering information (and even materials like UFOs and Aliens), have you heard any reports from the "Americans side" about these cases?
    Hi there, and a warm welcome to the forum!

Yes, I know quite a lot about the Varginha case, and VERY fascinating it is, too. See this thread about the incident, which has been known as 'Brazil's Roswell':
    I know less about Operation Saucer (Operaηγo Prato), but this is a very quick reference for anyone who's not heard of it:
    The only American researcher I know of who investigated the Varginha case was Dr Roger Leir (sadly now passed). He wrote an excellent book about it with Brazilian researcher Josι Gevaerd called Varginha - The New Roswell?

I believe Jacques Vallιe looked into Operation Saucer (Operaηγo Prato). But there are many UFO experiences and contactee reports from South America that never make it through the language barrier to North America. Language really is a huge problem in global ufology research.

Of course, the Americans are quick to do anything they can, in any country in the world, to gather information or more by any means possible. This is a little off-topic here, but this (below) is my very favorite UFO story.

There was a disk clearly in trouble — wobbling around and moving very slowly — sighted near Brownsville, Texas. The US Air Force had time to scramble jets, but by that time it had come down 10 miles over the border in Mexico.

They approached it by helicopter, and lowered an airman down to the disk who quickly painted the USAF insignia on it with a can of paint — so that if the Mexicans arrived, the Americans could simply say it was one of their own experimental aircraft.

They then got a big Cat tractor and dragged it ten miles back across the border. (The Mexicans never did turn up to investigate.) They later went back to obscure and cover up the heavy drag trail -- but apparently, if you know where to look, the faint gouge-tracks are still identifiable on aerial photos.

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 23rd October 2019 at 19:34.

20. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Billy (17th November 2019), Craig (23rd October 2019), Deneon (23rd October 2019), Denise/Dizi (10th December 2019), Forest Denizen (21st November 2019), Frank V (24th October 2019), Franny (24th October 2019), Icare (1st May 2020), Ivanhoe (23rd October 2019), kfm27917 (24th October 2019), Kryztian (21st January 2021), Mare (17th November 2019), Mike (23rd October 2019), Sadieblue (21st November 2019), Sue (Ayt) (23rd October 2019), Sunny-side-up (9th December 2019), Valerie Villars (24th October 2019), wondering (23rd October 2019), Yoda (23rd October 2019)

21. Link to Post #911
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,324 times in 2,101 posts

Hey Bill, I was wondering what it was like for you living in Africa as a child.

What was it like in the area where you lived, your school, friends and activities? An interesting story or two of you and your familie's life there.

Many thanks!
    A million galaxies are a little foam on that shoreless sea. ~ Rumi

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Franny For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th November 2019), Billy (17th November 2019), Denise/Dizi (10th December 2019), Forest Denizen (21st November 2019), Frank V (16th November 2019), Gracy (17th November 2019), Icare (1st May 2020), Sunny-side-up (9th December 2019), Valerie Villars (17th November 2019)

23. Link to Post #912
    United States Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,955 times in 1,944 posts

Quote Posted by Franny (here)

What was it like in the area where you lived, your school, friends and activities? An interesting story or two of you and your familie's life there.

Many thanks!
    Great question Franny! Bill, if I could add on to that, how did you and your family wind up in Africa in the first place?

24. Link to Post #913
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Franny (here)

What was it like in the area where you lived, your school, friends and activities? An interesting story or two of you and your family's life there.

Many thanks!
    Well, thanks for that lovely question!

I was born in London, but went out to Nigeria as a babe-in-arms, and later we moved to neighboring Ghana. The three of us (I was an only child) returned to England when I was 8 so I could go to school. (That was a shock!)

It was a wonderful time. For much of the time we lived near the ocean, and I remember the empty beaches, the fishing boats, the warm water, and all the coconut trees. I learned to swim in a salt-water swimming pool that was right by the sea. (Every now and then it had to be closed to remove all the jellyfish. )

When I returned to England and went to school, I proudly told everyone I was a good swimmer. I jumped straight into the deep end... and sank like a stone in the fresh water, which I'd never encountered before. So I had to learn all over again.

My father was in forestry there. His job was in charge of a nationwide chain of sawmills, cutting down and marketing timber from huge hardwood trees in the rain forest. At that time, everyone assumed this was an infinite resource.

I used to bounce around in the forest in the back of my Dad's Land-Rover watching the monkeys swinging from the trees, and that was the way I thought the whole world was. It was a marvelous introduction to what later became my own fairly adventurous life. (I have since returned to Africa many times.)

At one point, we lived in a bungalow adjoining a sawmill compound. There was a large open space where all the logging trucks came and dumped all the big logs right there in the middle.

One day, I saw everyone had stopped work, and they were all circled around the log pile. like the audience of a boxing match. Two men were dancing around on top of the logs. I had no idea what was happening.

As I went to investigate, I saw they were trying to capture a huge snake that was hiding in the logs. They eventually succeeded — and fried it with tomatoes for about 100 people to share for their lunch.

One day, three visitors arrived at the house, who we'd never seen before. They explained they'd heard there was a child who lived there who, unbelievably to them, not only had white skin but red hair. This was such an astonishing concept that they'd walked 50 miles from their village to get a glimpse of this, to see if it was all true.

They were invited in, and entered the room where I was playing. They stood there, staring at me, just convulsed in laughter. I was happy to be with these happy people, and just laughed along with them.

My mother (Isobel Ryan), who was an author, wrote three autobiographical books, containing a host of hilarious anecdotes. The first one was widely acclaimed at the time.
    1. Black Man's Country
    2. Black Man's Town
    3. Black Man's Palaver.
    My father, who was a talented artist (also called Bill Ryan), penned the illustrations.

Some fun photos:

As can be seen, I've not changed a bit.
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 17th November 2019 at 08:47.

25. The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Baby Steps (8th December 2019), Billy (17th November 2019), Craig (17th November 2019), David Trd1 (26th January 2020), Deneon (17th November 2019), Denise/Dizi (10th December 2019), Forest Denizen (21st November 2019), Frank V (17th November 2019), Franny (17th November 2019), Icare (1st May 2020), Ivanhoe (17th November 2019), James Newell (17th November 2019), Jayke (17th November 2019), Johan (Keyholder) (18th November 2019), Kryztian (21st January 2021), leavesoftrees (17th November 2019), lightwalker (10th December 2019), magicmanx (18th November 2019), Maknocktomb (10th December 2019), Mare (17th November 2019), Mark (Star Mariner) (18th November 2019), Matthew (17th November 2019), Michi (17th November 2019), Nenuphar (17th November 2019), Ol' Roy (17th November 2019), Sadieblue (21st November 2019), Spirithorse (17th November 2019), Sue (Ayt) (18th November 2019), Sunny-side-up (9th December 2019), sunwings (18th November 2019), tan_hm (3rd April 2020), Valerie Villars (17th November 2019), wegge (17th November 2019), Yoda (17th November 2019)

26. Link to Post #914
    United States Avalon Member James Newell's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,912 times in 340 posts

Thank you for sharing those wonderful moments of your very interesting life. Great pictures!

27. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to James Newell For This Post:

Baby Steps (8th December 2019), Bill Ryan (17th November 2019), Denise/Dizi (10th December 2019), Forest Denizen (21st November 2019), Frank V (17th November 2019), Franny (17th November 2019), Icare (1st May 2020), Sadieblue (21st November 2019), Sunny-side-up (9th December 2019)

28. Link to Post #915
    United States Moderator Sue (Ayt)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,910 times in 2,594 posts

I really enjoyed your tale, Bill. Thank You! Sounds like you had a lovely early childhood. (like me) We were very lucky to start out surrounded with joy and love.
    "We're all bozos on this bus"

29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sue (Ayt) For This Post:

Baby Steps (8th December 2019), Bill Ryan (18th November 2019), Denise/Dizi (10th December 2019), Forest Denizen (21st November 2019), Frank V (18th November 2019), Sadieblue (21st November 2019), Sunny-side-up (9th December 2019)

30. Link to Post #916
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Bill, I have to ask and you may have addressed it in another place, because I've seen the last photo somewhere before, but what is in between the man's fingers which are over your head?

It looks like light.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Baby Steps (8th December 2019), Bill Ryan (18th November 2019), Denise/Dizi (10th December 2019), Forest Denizen (21st November 2019), Frank V (18th November 2019), Sadieblue (21st November 2019), Sunny-side-up (9th December 2019)

32. Link to Post #917
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Valerie Villars (here)
    Bill, I have to ask and you may have addressed it in another place, because I've seen the last photo somewhere before, but what is in between the man's fingers which are over your head?

It looks like light.
    Good question! But I think he's just pointing at something, and the 'light' he seems to be holding is just the sun striking the pillar behind.

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 18th November 2019 at 13:12.

33. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Baby Steps (8th December 2019), Denise/Dizi (10th December 2019), Forest Denizen (21st November 2019), Frank V (18th November 2019), Sadieblue (21st November 2019), Sunny-side-up (9th December 2019), Valerie Villars (18th November 2019)

34. Link to Post #918
    Netherlands Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,249 times in 232 posts

Can i ask you as an expert, do you believe in benevolent ET's? And if so how would it be divided? Like 50/50 in benevolent and ET's who only see us a resource for their agenda? And do you have any expectation of what to come in the coming 10 years? Do you believe in a controlled Disclosure coming?

(Mod note from Bill: this question was copied over from The Inexplicable Experiences of Chris Bledsoe thread, as was my reply below.)

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 9th December 2019 at 13:55.

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mypos For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th December 2019), David Trd1 (26th January 2020), Denise/Dizi (10th December 2019), Forest Denizen (10th December 2019)

36. Link to Post #919
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Mypos (here)
    Can i ask you as an expert, do you believe in benevolent ET's?
    Yes, for sure.

And if so how would it be divided? Like 50/50 in benevolent and ET's who only see us a resource for their agenda?
    I suspect that benevolent ETS are in the majority — just as benevolent humans are on this planet. The human race might be a good analog. But just a SMALL number of MALevolent humans can create wars, suffering, seize control of situations and groups for their own benefit, and all kinds of criminality and abuse can result.

It may well be the same with ETs. Numbers aren't everything... it's the influence on events which matters.

And do you have any expectation of what to come in the coming 10 years? Do you believe in a controlled Disclosure coming?
    Controlled, yes... and heavily distorted. I think that may be starting to happen already, with TTSA — who I'd not trust to tell me whether the sun is shining or not.

37. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Alecs (11th December 2019), David Trd1 (26th January 2020), Denise/Dizi (10th December 2019), Forest Denizen (10th December 2019), Icare (1st May 2020), Kryztian (21st January 2021), Yoda (9th December 2019)

38. Link to Post #920
    Netherlands Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,249 times in 232 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Can i ask you as an expert, do you believe in benevolent ET's?
    Yes, for sure.

And if so how would it be divided? Like 50/50 in benevolent and ET's who only see us a resource for their agenda?
    I suspect that benevolent ETS are in the majority — just as benevolent humans are on this planet. The human race might be a good analog. But just a SMALL number of MALevolent humans can create wars, suffering, seize control of situations and groups for their own benefit, and all kinds of criminality and abuse can result.

It may well be the same with ETs. Numbers aren't everything... it's the influence on events which matters.

And do you have any expectation of what to come in the coming 10 years? Do you believe in a controlled Disclosure coming?
    Controlled, yes... and heavily distorted. I think that may be starting to happen already, with TTSA — who I'd not trust to tell me whether the sun is shining or not.
    Thx Bill. Just one more question, i dont want to derail this topic too much.

Why dont you trust TTSA? Personally i believe Tom DeLonge is sincere in what he tries to do. And he has surrounded himself with a lot of insider people from USA govement and military and i think there are both white hats and black hats in that too. So maybe it can go either way?

39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mypos For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th December 2019), Denise/Dizi (10th December 2019), Forest Denizen (10th December 2019), Icare (1st May 2020)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 88 FirstFirst 1 36 46 56 88 LastLast