+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is it me, or am I imagining a bit of negativity creeping in with some researchers and YouTube Channels?

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Avalon Member Bassplayer1's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,047 times in 264 posts

Default Is it me, or am I imagining a bit of negativity creeping in with some researchers and YouTube Channels?

I don't know, but lately I find myself taking a break from a growing number of YouTube Channels (Researchers we probably are all familiar with), because I've been noticing a darkness and anger creeping in that makes me feel uncomfortable.
    I think this can best be summed up by saying that during the last 4 or 5 years I've been friends/following some of them on Facebook and I have to say that they (as well as other reasons) are why I'm loathe to continue with Facebook - I still occasionally use it as a musician and well, the system is set-up these days that you 'have to have' some kind of presence if you're an artist.
    But, I started noticing what used to be gentle and hard working researchers, as well as many decent whistleblowers, suddenly engaging in aggressive and damaging exchanges on Facebook and airing the 'dirty laundry.' I was shocked and felt this as an energy suck and wondered why these experienced people weren't thinking about Facebook posts and comments still being a form of energy exchange with the readers. I don't like naming names as I feel that most are genuine, kind people that have lost their way with some things and some of them could even be members here! But its like there's a slow creeping personality change with some - with one channel in particular having what I observe as a succession of personality changes, and then negative things happening etc.

So, trying to understand this in a kinder way, it could be that people have been infiltrated/taken over or, could it also be a lack of balance with material being explored - I mean, if a lot of the content is focussing on the dark agendas, then this can energetically have an effect - we know the saying 'where attention goes energy flows.'

I apologize if this is a ramble and I hope I don't appear to be a tease that's gossiping without naming-names but its just that I feel some people are going through/projecting something darker that I didn't feel before and I'm not going to blame them personally but wonder if there's some weird energy takeover?

I'm not experienced in these things and I feel I'm winging it as I go along. But my gut instinct radar feels its picking up an uncomfortable transmission at times.

Thank you for bearing with me.
    Love,
    Liza
    xx

2. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Bassplayer1 For This Post:

avid (6th November 2018), Bill Ryan (6th November 2018), ceetee9 (8th November 2018), Elpis (9th November 2018), Flash (7th November 2018), Franny (6th November 2018), Hervé (6th November 2018), Ivanhoe (6th November 2018), Jad (9th November 2018), Kristin (7th November 2018), Mari (6th November 2018), Matthew (6th November 2018), Mercedes (6th November 2018), norman (6th November 2018), Operator (7th November 2018), Pam (6th November 2018), Sadieblue (6th November 2018), Spellbound (6th November 2018), Tintin (7th November 2018), toppy (6th November 2018), Valerie Villars (6th November 2018), what is a name? (6th November 2018), WhiteFeather (7th November 2018), wondering (6th November 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Argentina Avalon Member Hazelfern's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,500 times in 349 posts

Default Re: Is it me, or am I imagining a bit of negativity creeping in with some researchers and YouTube Channels?

Not at all you, I deleted most all of my subscriptions because of the repetitive downers.
    As for FB, I just can't do it. I was there for a short time in 2014 and was eaten alive.

Thank you for confirming.

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Hazelfern For This Post:

avatar (6th November 2018), Bassplayer1 (6th November 2018), Bill Ryan (6th November 2018), Franny (6th November 2018), Mari (6th November 2018), Mercedes (6th November 2018), Pam (6th November 2018), Sadieblue (6th November 2018), Tintin (7th November 2018), toppy (6th November 2018), Valerie Villars (6th November 2018), WhiteFeather (7th November 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Default Re: Is it me, or am I imagining a bit of negativity creeping in with some researchers and YouTube Channels?

Avalon, with all it's intelligence and thoughtful insights is even too much for me at times. And it is a gentle way of staying connected.

I have NEVER done facebook. It's a misnomer. It's not about face time. It's very narcissistic.

People need to relearn how to really connect. Facebook is a disconnection, not a connection.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

6. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (6th November 2018), Bill Ryan (7th November 2018), ByTheNorthernSea (6th November 2018), ceetee9 (8th November 2018), Hazelfern (6th November 2018), Kristin (7th November 2018), meeradas (6th November 2018), Mercedes (6th November 2018), Mike Gorman (6th November 2018), norman (6th November 2018), Operator (7th November 2018), Pam (6th November 2018), Sadieblue (6th November 2018), Satori (6th November 2018), Soda (7th November 2018), Spellbound (6th November 2018), toppy (6th November 2018), what is a name? (6th November 2018), WhiteFeather (7th November 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    Canada Avalon Member Spellbound's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,257 times in 1,040 posts

Facebook is evil (as is Twitter).

Dave - Toronto

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (6th November 2018), Bassplayer1 (6th November 2018), Bill Ryan (7th November 2018), Mari (6th November 2018), Mercedes (6th November 2018), Operator (7th November 2018), Sadieblue (6th November 2018), Soda (7th November 2018), toppy (6th November 2018), Valerie Villars (6th November 2018), WhiteFeather (7th November 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,056 times in 1,753 posts

There is an awful lot of positioning, and struggle for attention among the community - like a noisy schoolyard, with the 'cool kids', the techno wiz's, the thoughtful researchers (Richard Dolan is the head prefect here) the comic book kids, and so on-this is how it seems to me, but amidst all of this egotism and struggle for attention there are lots of good people who just know that the mainstream culture is a cover story, and who seek genuine connection. I agree social media can be a total disconnect, we have to be discerning, but at least publishing has been opened up, and the potential to spread different ideas, which to me is incredibly valuable. I still consider the internet to be more of an accidental release, as opposed to a planned utility, and they are always seeking to claw it all back in, place limits on it, social media is one of these attempts. Stay positive, I think times will improve, these are definitely interesting times.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mike Gorman For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (6th November 2018), Bill Ryan (7th November 2018), Elpis (9th November 2018), Franny (6th November 2018), lightwalker (6th November 2018), Mari (6th November 2018), Mercedes (6th November 2018), toppy (6th November 2018), Valerie Villars (6th November 2018)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,558 times in 20,694 posts

I have been finding that the astrological explanations for some of these bizarre behaviors have been helpful to me, such as the reports I've been posting here( the last of 7 pages at https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ic#post1258122 )
    The recent upheaval and shifts have been quite phenomenal, and it can be helpful to keep it all in better perspective, by better understanding how the cosmic influences can affect us.
    Even if you are not into astrology, the descriptions of how people are behaving will probably seem strikingly familiar.
    Last edited by onawah; 6th November 2018 at 18:17.
    Each breath a gift...

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bassplayer1 (6th November 2018), Bill Ryan (7th November 2018), Franny (6th November 2018), Mercedes (6th November 2018), Tam (6th November 2018), Tintin (6th November 2018), toppy (6th November 2018), Valerie Villars (6th November 2018)

13. Link to Post #7
    Spain Deactivated
    Canary Islands overlooking a beach with forest covered mountains behind.
    Thanks

Fakebook is definitely best avoided although I do use Twitter for my business. Possibly one reason for the increasing negativity is that many 'whistle blowers' and alternative media commentators have been proved wrong about their predictions of societal collapse, arrests, impeachments, civil war, World War, disclosure, free energy release, dollar/economic collapse, etc., etc.

Most of it hasn't happened and even if they don't admit it they must be feeling a little foolish. Of course, things have indeed been changing but 9 out of 10 predictions have been nonsense.

And continue to be...

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 5th For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (6th November 2018), Bassplayer1 (6th November 2018), Bill Ryan (7th November 2018), shijo (7th November 2018), Soda (7th November 2018), Valerie Villars (6th November 2018)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

There are plenty of studies out now showing that social media use causes depression, loss of self-esteem, and other mental health issues.

I think Facebook and Twitter cause far more damage to society than that, but at the very least remember that people using Facebook or Twitter are likely addicted to it (dopamine releases upon positive feedback -- an intentional design admitted by one of the developers) in a way which promotes mental health problems. The same could probably be said for YouTube itself, when used as social media.

As if we didn't have enough things in life already to give us mental health problems.

16. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member Denise/Dizi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,495 times in 1,695 posts

I think we are tired of the fake people giving us garbage, and we are tired of people doing nothing more than watching the same videos of those ACTUAL researchers, then making channels an reporting on THEIR work, as if this is some real genuine way to make a living. Nothing more than parasites leeching off of other parasites. And those us us wanting truth, are SICK OF IT. We are getting angry with both those keeping truth from us, and those doing nothing more than making it WORSE by giving us even more trash to sift through. Yes it's there, But to be honest with you, there is a movement happening to actually get rid of those "Posers".. A public cleaning of the field if you will... Hopefully allowing us to recapture some of the integrity in the field. Many are having experiences, and sharing those experiences help those seeking truth, but those just cluttering the field with land mines, have GOT TO GO... Hang in there, we don't WANT this negativity either, but we can't greet these people with open arms if they're ust going to spit in the face of truth, only for a buck...

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Denise/Dizi For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th November 2018), Innocent Warrior (8th November 2018), Joe from the Carolinas (8th November 2018), Valerie Villars (8th November 2018), WalterBosley (8th November 2018)

18. Link to Post #10
    Spain Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by A Voice from the Mountains (here)
    There are plenty of studies out now showing that social media use causes depression, loss of self-esteem, and other mental health issues.

I think Facebook and Twitter cause far more damage to society than that, but at the very least remember that people using Facebook or Twitter are likely addicted to it (dopamine releases upon positive feedback -- an intentional design admitted by one of the developers) in a way which promotes mental health problems. The same could probably be said for YouTube itself, when used as social media.

As if we didn't have enough things in life already to give us mental health problems.

Yes indeed. Please, no more Thank Yous because the dopamine release from my 228 thanks is giving me mental health problems...

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 5th For This Post:

Bill Ryan (7th November 2018), Innocent Warrior (8th November 2018), Matthew (7th November 2018), Valerie Villars (8th November 2018)

20. Link to Post #11
    Argentina Avalon Member Hazelfern's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,500 times in 349 posts

Quote Posted by 5th (here)
    Quote Posted by A Voice from the Mountains (here)

Yes indeed. Please, no more Thank Yous because the dopamine release from my 228 thanks is giving me mental health problems...
    No more thank hits for you then.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hazelfern For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th November 2018), Innocent Warrior (8th November 2018), Valerie Villars (8th November 2018)

22. Link to Post #12
    Spain Deactivated
    Thanks

Well, We know why Bill has serious Mental Health problems - 225,000 Thank Yous.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 5th For This Post:

ichingcarpenter (8th November 2018), Valerie Villars (8th November 2018)

24. Link to Post #13
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Quote Posted by 5th (here)
    To be honest, I never liked the thanks system, because it's exactly as you describe, and becomes a tool for enforcing group-think in this way.

That's the basic idea behind Facebook too, and people (moreso women but men too -- this from the study data) always comparing themselves to one another. One author described what people do to their pages as "curating," which I thought was a good word for it. Curating an unrealistic representation of themselves, which they compare to others, leading to doubts about themselves, self-esteem issues, all the rest. It makes people more susceptible to group manipulation.

Same basic levers that they are pulling on, and all chemical/hormonal/"feelings"-based.

25. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,002 times in 243 posts

THANK YOU
    THANK YOU
    THANK YOU

Kiddies, sometimes life has adversity. The days of your lives can't (and are not) gonna be filled with marshmallows and daisies. Especially when you have to stand up to the truly negative forces and influences. I guess that's why most civilizations send a few of their own to fight the battles. In order to clear out the fakers and fraudsters, we have to call them out. We have to speak directly and sternly and they are gonna put up a feisty resistance. Dizi speaks truth.

For those who want to go on pure belief and faith, that's your choice. Many of us do not choose that option, especially when the things discussed and explored in a forum like this are concerned. There's too much at stake. We require something substantial when someone claims to have been time-traveled to Mars to be a commando and fight aliens and offers NOTHING legitimate to back up such claims BUT continues to insist it's all true, just take their word for it, or the word of their buddy who's doing the same exact phony thing. Childhood's end, folks. Corey Goode's claims are backed up by zero and until he provides something in the way of measurable evidence must be considered BS. Same for the others.

Thank you, Dizi.

Quote Posted by Diziblueyez (here)
    I think we are tired of the fake people giving us garbage, and we are tired of people doing nothing more than watching the same videos of those ACTUAL researchers, then making channels an reporting on THEIR work, as if this is some real genuine way to make a living. Nothing more than parasites leeching off of other parasites. And those us us wanting truth, are SICK OF IT. We are getting angry with both those keeping truth from us, and those doing nothing more than making it WORSE by giving us even more trash to sift through. Yes it's there, But to be honest with you, there is a movement happening to actually get rid of those "Posers".. A public cleaning of the field if you will... Hopefully allowing us to recapture some of the integrity in the field. Many are having experiences, and sharing those experiences help those seeking truth, but those just cluttering the field with land mines, have GOT TO GO... Hang in there, we don't WANT this negativity either, but we can't greet these people with open arms if they're ust going to spit in the face of truth, only for a buck...

26. The Following User Says Thank You to WalterBosley For This Post:

Jad (9th November 2018)

27. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 56,451 times in 8,341 posts

Don't write intuition completely out of it though.

The case of flocks of adoring fans of fantasy stories is easily adopted as a strawman. We have our senses, and for many those senses are pretty smart senses. We are academically 'banned' from using those senses, and that, to me, is a very good reason to take academia off the top shelf of reasoning priorities and give it less sway. Strict adherence to it is to be confined in the cage certain entities want us confined in.

Evidence is dangerous and gets you killed. So is intuition, and has to be handled wisely too.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

+ Reply to Thread