+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: "Believing without evidence is always morally wrong" — Francisco Mejia Uribe

1. Link to Post #41
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,257 times in 2,136 posts

Default Re: "Believing without evidence is always morally wrong" — Francisco Mejia Uribe

​I feel uncomfortable with the concept of beliefs. As did Mark Twain, I feel more comfortable with strong suspicions. When new information (that feels good) is brought forth, suspicions are more easily changed than beliefs. I always question my experience and other's experience. The truth is never hurt by shinning more light on it. When intuition and the scientific method agree, that is the best it can get. But never disregard intuition.​ The more it is used the better it gets. Listen to your body. It is often the voice of your inner being.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

guayabal (4th December 2018), Pam (4th December 2018), Satori (3rd December 2018)

3. Link to Post #42
    Thanks

Default Re: "Believing without evidence is always morally wrong" — Francisco Mejia Uribe

Friedrich Nietzsche

Against that positivism which stops before phenomena, saying "there are only facts," I should say: no, it is precisely facts that do not exist, only interpretations…

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bandix For This Post:

Bruno (4th December 2018), guayabal (4th December 2018), Ron Mauer Sr (4th December 2018)

5. Link to Post #43
    Thanks

I think that "Believing without evidence is always morally wrong" is self-contradicting nonsense. The root of any morality are statements that must be believed without evidence, statements that answer questions such as "do humans have spirit?". There is no morality without answering such questions, If you can't answer because there is no evidence to construct an answer (or at least pick one as truth---believe) then you can't construct a moral system, without a moral system you can't be "morally wrong".

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to guayabal For This Post:

Astute (5th December 2018), Bruno (4th December 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3