+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The New Age Belief System: New World Order Religion

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,006 times in 3,373 posts

Default The New Age Belief System: New World Order Religion

---deleted---
    Last edited by Omni; 3rd December 2018 at 14:17.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

breal (7th November 2018), Daughter of Time (7th November 2018), Dexter's_Lab (7th November 2018), gs_powered (8th November 2018), justntime2learn (8th November 2018), latte (7th November 2018), MistressJan (7th November 2018), Nasu (7th November 2018), onawah (8th November 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Default Re: The New Age Belief System: New World Order Religion

(((deleted)))
    Last edited by Omni; 3rd December 2018 at 14:18.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

breal (7th November 2018), Daughter of Time (7th November 2018), Dexter's_Lab (7th November 2018), gs_powered (8th November 2018), justntime2learn (8th November 2018), latte (7th November 2018), Mike (8th November 2018), Nasu (7th November 2018), onawah (9th November 2018), Valerie Villars (7th November 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

(deleted))
    Last edited by Omni; 3rd December 2018 at 14:19.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

breal (7th November 2018), Daughter of Time (7th November 2018), Dexter's_Lab (7th November 2018), justntime2learn (8th November 2018), latte (7th November 2018), Nasu (7th November 2018), onawah (9th November 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

deleted for innacuracy
    Last edited by Omni; 3rd December 2018 at 14:20.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

AndrejPeĉënkin (8th November 2018), breal (7th November 2018), Daughter of Time (7th November 2018), gs_powered (8th November 2018), happyuk (10th November 2018), latte (9th November 2018), peterpam (8th November 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,820 times in 1,284 posts

Omni, I very much appreciate the thoroughness of your posts. I would like to ask you a question. If I have learned to harness prana through my body into the palms of my hands to use to enhance healing of myself and my animals does that make me a new age foot soldier? I learned these techniques by practicing ancient yogic pranyama. I can strongly feel the prana moving into my hands, it is not my imagination. Do you feel I am being duped somehow by new world order Psy ops?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to peterpam For This Post:

happyuk (10th November 2018)

11. Link to Post #6
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hi Omni, thanks for posting this. Reading with interest, maybe I am getting convinced.
    Last edited by Dexter's_Lab; 10th November 2018 at 17:39.

12. Link to Post #7
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Dexter's_Lab (here)
    Hi Omni, thanks for posting this. Reading with interest, maybe I am getting convinced.
    Thanks a lot Dexter.

13. Link to Post #8
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

(((deleted)))
    Last edited by Omni; 3rd December 2018 at 14:20.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Omni For This Post:

peterpam (8th November 2018)

15. Link to Post #9
    Greece Avalon Member
    Thanks

And that's how the human mind takes deep truths, analyzes, rationalizes, boxifies, puts them into bullets, loses touch with the heart where our center is and universal evolution and enlightenment passes by it.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ZenBaller For This Post:

DeDukshyn (8th November 2018), devplan (8th November 2018), enfoldedblue (9th November 2018), O Donna (8th November 2018)

17. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,687 times in 6,468 posts

Quote Posted by ZenBaller (here)
    And that's how the human mind takes deep truths, analyzes, rationalizes, boxifies, puts them into bullets, loses touch with the heart where our center is and universal evolution and enlightenment passes by it.
    That was my thoughts too, while I see some truths in Onni's posts, the reality is far more complex than having the ability to label and compartmentalize. In fact from my experiences the things of spiritual value are things ineffable, and thus cannot be taught or conveyed in any conventional means. There is some overlap between spirituality and what is associated with "New Age" (just as there is some overlap between actual spirituality and religious values) - I believe a way too wide a net is being cast here.

But that's okay, life for all of us is about process - the process of learning and living and trying to make sense of this world. That said, I highly enjoy just letting it all go, and just be ok with not knowing anything. Why do I need to know everything right now? I can relax and hopefully come back to center, drop the subsurface constant chattering of thoughts and just enjoy the moment. That's the beauty of being human once you've discovered it; you can be like a focusing mechanism and see things from both perspectives, and use that to your advantage. mostly just rambling now ...

No offense intended Omni.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Apulu (8th November 2018), Arcturian108 (9th November 2018), Elpis (9th November 2018), enfoldedblue (9th November 2018), MistressJan (8th November 2018), O Donna (8th November 2018), onawah (9th November 2018), peterpam (8th November 2018), Slobbe (8th November 2018), ZenBaller (8th November 2018)

19. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

I too appreciate the effort that's gone into this, but, like DeDukshyn above, I think the charges levelled at 'spirituality' are FAR too wide. I'm not sure what would be left to even think, if anything, that couldn't be filed away under one of the above headings.

I think the spiritual new age is, indeed, for the most part, a giant excercise in wishful thinking that can be a serious block to serious thinking. I'm not, however, going to spend much time considering all of the OP points. I've gone through most of it, but I can't help feeling pretty discouraged when I see so much stated as fact without anything to back it up, or to say who it was who came to that conclusion, and how. The lists are simply too long to do that, of course(you would need a large book), so that’s the situation for me. I guess you could argue that the post is not meant to prove anything and is meant to invite you to do the research yourself. Well, judging by some of the assertions, as I say, I'm not very encouraged.

I don't particularly want to get into a hefty philosophical discussion (I MIGHT be prepared to!), but I feel I have to make a couple of assertions concerning metaphysics, which I think is the area most unfairly represented in the OP. Any real assertion made about the underlying reality of the universe must, to my mind, as a rule, contain a paradox. It seems to me there's no messing with that rule. 

From what I can gather, there are certain conclusions that have been arrived at in metaphysics (and which are part of the new-age lists in the OP), that have been around for thousands of years, and have been verified over and over and over again by highly developed yogis and mystics and shamans all over the world. Are you telling me all these people were all negatively influenced by false AI-driven energy weapons? Or were they just completely misguided? Has not one human being ever got anywhere near to the underlying truths of existence? With due respect, I call BS on that.

Take non duality: There does indeed seem to be a slight obsession with this notion amongst some in the world of spirituality. And from what I can see there are a lot of people talking about it, without really understanding it. As in, on the one hand, there's doing the work of truly understanding it to the point where it’s a living reality, (which takes serious work, and I don't pretend to truly understand it), and there's just talking about it. So, for some people, it may have become a powerful distraction.

This one notion, however, is easily proved, logically. It’s NOT easily understood, fully, but it's easily proved. If you accept infinity (and maybe you don’t!?), you have to accept non-duality. Think about this: in infinite space, how can there be the space necessary, or separation between, anything, to allow duality? Any separation would be relative to the perspective of the observer, only. It would appear to be separate, but in fact, it would be no more separate than anything else, because it's infinity in every direction. EVERY direction. For ever. 

That's just one angle from where the concept of oneness is arrived at, and it’s not the only one (ha!). Duality is in the realm of appearance, only. Granted, the realm of appearance is where we live, and it’s how we experience it, but that doesn't make it true.

The same goes for time. Again, if you accept infinity (and again perhaps you don’t), you also have to accept time as an illusion. This is another notion that’s been around for a LONG time (ha!). If time is infinite, there is no beginning or end, obviously. Everything else ‘in between’ is a relative experience, and we arrive at the same conclusion as we did with infinite space: there is only one infinite moment.

Sure, time is integral to how we operate, and where we live, but that doesn't mean it has any underlying existence, all by itself.

Blah. As I’ve said, these notions have been around for a LONG time. With good reason I suspect.

My last point is: IF all, or most, or even some of the OP is true, I still have to ask, does it actually matter? I'm serious. Illusion is illusion, no matter where it comes from. So, no matter how the illusion is being created, that, to me, is what is to be overcome, if one so chooses.. And it's ME who is responsible for my perception of reality. I'm not giving that responsibility to anyone else. And therefore, any battle I'm having against illusion, is a battle with myself, my own constructs, and no one else (or thing).

I fully declare that I am at war with no one, and nothing, except the false constructs within myself, which I am solely responsible for.

I live my life according to the principle that I co-create with an intelligent universe. I do that through action and observation (and vice-versa) not just an idea.

If anyone or any thing wants to mess with that, good luck to them: they’ll have the entire universe to contend with, not ‘me’.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Apulu For This Post:

Arcturian108 (9th November 2018), DeDukshyn (8th November 2018), Elpis (9th November 2018), happyuk (10th November 2018), MistressJan (10th November 2018), O Donna (9th November 2018), onawah (9th November 2018)

21. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,415 times in 383 posts

What I have found with new age systems and terminology is that it is akin to rearranging the living room furniture. Or seeing the living room from a different perspective then ever before.

Or standing on a desk.....

Quote “Why do I stand up here? I stand upon my desk to remind myself that we must constantly look at things in a different way. You see the world looks very different up here … Just when you think you know something, you have to look at it in another way. Even though it may seem silly or wrong, you must try.” – Robin Williams, Dead Poets Society (1989)
    Quote “Once in a while it really hits people
    that they don’t have to experience the world
    in the way they have been told to.”
    -Alan Keightley

22. The Following User Says Thank You to O Donna For This Post:

DeDukshyn (10th November 2018)

23. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,930 times in 819 posts

To me there are two things i would like to point out. The first is that what is presented here is VERY old school. Most spiritual people would never identify with the term new age. The spiritual movement has grown up in the last 2 decades. Most people recognize that focusing on just the light is actually dangerous. Heal8ng comes from exploring and integrating our light and dark aspects. .

The other important thing is that to me this is a classic case of throwing the baby out with the bathwater. Its a fantastic psyop idea to make people fear some of the very useful tools and abilities we have at our disposal.

On a personal level learning to connect with my heart has absolutely changed my life for the better. My heart is my teacher. The more ive learned to connect and listen, the more peace i feel within and the more love and connection I experience in my outer world. For me personally my heart has become my inner sanctum, a space i can enter alone and feel connected to all.

Also connecting to my higher self is absolutely real. Its totally natural and the knowing i have when connected allows me to view my life from the bigger picture perspective, which helps me to understand my challenges and to use them to grow and deepen my understanding of myself.

A lot of the things listed here have been practiced by indigenous people all over the planet for thousands of years.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to enfoldedblue For This Post:

Apulu (12th November 2018), DeDukshyn (9th November 2018), greybeard (9th November 2018), onawah (9th November 2018)

+ Reply to Thread