+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Instant Knowledge

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Lucci's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Instant Knowledge

I would like to share an experience I had when I was about 12 years old. This changed my life forever. Yet I still don't know what it means, why it happened, how can I do it again. This is what happened.

I had gotten up after my family had gone to bed, I crept into the den and turned on the tonight show. I was all comfy in my dad's big recliner, watching Johnny Carson do his monologue. As soon as he finished a commercial came on. I sat there watching the TV but not paying attention to the commercial. I suddenly felt as if I was falling up. I had the free-fall sensation but I was going up, when I stopped I was in space, I could see so many stars and swirly looking galaxies (not earth or the planets I recognize). I thought OMG what is... and before I could finish my thought the answer slid into my mind. Then I kept thinking of questions and it would happen again and again, no matter what I thought to ask I was answered mid thought. I was aware of how happy/elated I felt, there was no fear. I used the word 'slid' because when the answer came, I could feel the thought sort of squeeze into my mind. I have no idea of how long I was there. I know it was long enough to forget my life and family. I would have stayed there for ever. After a while I felt myself descending. Slow at first then faster. Immediately everything I had learned was being drawn / sucked out of my mind. I began to beg god (I was brought up baptist) “Please god let me remember !” Over and over as each answer was pulled out of my mind. That was the beginning of my fascination with hidden knowledge.
    I didn't see anyone, no angels, no religious figure. I didn't see my house or the earth or anything between the chair I was in and the area of space where I had stopped falling. When I returned to my chair, I felt like I had been dropped, as if I slightly bounced in my seat. I was terrified. Johnny Carson was introducing his first guest. So figured I hadn't been gone as long as I had thought. I can't remember the actual answers I received that night, but I know there is a reason for everything. I was so freaked out I turned the TV off and ran to bed. I was freezing. I couldn't sleep. I just kept reliving the experience on a loop in my mind till I finally fell asleep.

Anyone have this experience? Surely I am not the only one. I welcome all comments.

2. The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to Lucci For This Post:

Andynko (24th November 2018), Baby Steps (24th November 2018), Bluegreen (24th November 2018), cursichella1 (25th November 2018), Ernie Nemeth (2nd March 2019), Forest Denizen (24th November 2018), Franny (24th November 2018), Fredenit (20th September 2019), Hervé (24th November 2018), Jad (24th November 2018), lunaflare (24th November 2018), Magnus (25th November 2018), Nasu (24th November 2018), Orph (24th November 2018), Rhogar (11th December 2018), Rich (1st March 2019), Rosco1 (31st July 2021), Sadieblue (24th November 2018), Sandy123 (2nd March 2019), Star Tsar (24th November 2018), Sue (Ayt) (25th September 2019), sunwings (24th November 2018), toppy (24th November 2018), Valerie Villars (24th November 2018), what is a name? (26th November 2018), Zampano (24th November 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,845 times in 3,177 posts

Default Re: Instant Knowledge

Spontaneous conscious out-of-body experience, i'd say.
    Great.

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

Bluegreen (24th November 2018), cursichella1 (25th November 2018), Forest Denizen (24th November 2018), Franny (24th November 2018), Hervé (24th November 2018), Lucci (4th December 2018), lunaflare (24th November 2018), Nasu (24th November 2018), Sadieblue (24th November 2018), Sandy123 (2nd March 2019), scotslad (24th November 2018), Star Tsar (24th November 2018), toppy (24th November 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,034 times in 1,088 posts

Many years ago I had finished climbing a large mountain with friends in Scotland. We had returned to a mountain bothy / cabin for the night before our final descent. I was exhausted and slumped onto my bunk to sleep. But before I could though I felt a strange "ripple" like effect emanating from my tummy outwards to all parts of my body, it was so weird that I focused on it and wondered if I was sick or something. Before I knew what what was going on I was floating above my body in the bunk room. I floated out and could see the valley we had just walked down. I saw the river that cascaded into the valley and was drawn to it.

I floated up the river, not in it but on top of it. I remember the thought that I was like a cork on top of the water. As I went further upstream I started floating higher and higher into the sky. I could see the mountain we had just climbed far below me. Then I started moving up through the clouds. At this point I remember having the distinct thought or question; I wonder how high I could go? As soon as I asked the question in my mind, I started falling slowly to earth, then faster till I shot back into my body. I lay there for a few minutes shocked at what had just happened. I couldn't sleep even though I was exhausted, so got up and made a pot of tea. My team were fast asleep and I intuitively knew that if I told them in the morning they would just say I was dreaming as we were all so very tired. I knew I had not slept or dreamed it and kept the incident to myself.

The thing that always has stayed with me is what if I had not asked the limiting question of how high could I go, I think, after this experience, that we must not ask how high we can go, but rather go as far or a high as we can...x... N

6. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Nasu For This Post:

Bluegreen (24th November 2018), cursichella1 (25th November 2018), Ernie Nemeth (2nd March 2019), Forest Denizen (24th November 2018), Franny (24th November 2018), Hervé (24th November 2018), Lucci (4th December 2018), lunaflare (24th November 2018), meeradas (24th November 2018), Orph (24th November 2018), Rhogar (11th December 2018), Sadieblue (24th November 2018), Sandy123 (2nd March 2019), scotslad (24th November 2018), Star Tsar (24th November 2018), toppy (24th November 2018), what is a name? (26th November 2018), Zampano (25th November 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,691 times in 13,806 posts

Wish I would experience something just like that!

I'd be
    I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Andynko (24th November 2018), Bluegreen (24th November 2018), Forest Denizen (24th November 2018), Franny (24th November 2018), Hervé (24th November 2018), Lucci (4th December 2018), lunaflare (24th November 2018), meeradas (24th November 2018), Nasu (24th November 2018), Sandy123 (2nd March 2019), toppy (24th November 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,698 times in 8,940 posts

Nasu - The question was stemming from a doubt probably. So your doubt brought you back.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Bluegreen (24th November 2018), Ernie Nemeth (2nd March 2019), Forest Denizen (24th November 2018), Hervé (24th November 2018), Lucci (4th December 2018), lunaflare (24th November 2018), meeradas (24th November 2018), Nasu (24th November 2018), Sandy123 (2nd March 2019), Star Tsar (24th November 2018), toppy (24th November 2018)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,293 times in 353 posts

Hello Lucci!

I had a nearly identical incident some years ago. It just happened after I had a Reiki Session at my neighbours place. During the session, a "neutral" voice in my head said:
    "Well, you know everyhting is One!"
    That kickstarted a consciousness shift to universal consciousness/christ consciousness/whatever you wanna call it, that lasted a couple of days.
    In this mystical and spiritual experience, I felt like I was shown what reality/god really is. There was boundless love for everything (the actual prime force in the universe), joy gratefulness and the interconnectedness and oneness of all things that are in existence. I also asked a lot of questions in my mind and became an instant answer. I asked a lot of questions and for that, I cant remember all the details, only the important ones.
    Also, I was able to switch to certain, not only traumatic, experiences in my life and I was shown the perspective again from a neutral, higher point of view.

What did I made of it?
    Well, it started my spiritual path and wanting to find out, what had happened to me. This state of consciousness was so overwhelmingly awesome, I wanted to have more of it ;-)
    This is, I think, 7 years ago and I had made progress in the intellectual understanding of "how the universe works" (I dont claim to know the truth, but what it is for me) and practical use of meditation to be able to bring me into this state of consciousness and how to anchor it in my everyday life.

It was actually a lifechanging experience, I can move much lighter in my existence with this knowledge.
    It was also the start of the mystical and spiritual path-which has nothing to do with religions and dogmas, just the simple understanding how consciousness works and to live a life, not being attached to anything-hence, our true being is just ISness, without attachements in any form. That makes the trip here much easier and enjoyable and also lets you be the most authentic YOU, that you can be-without fear, self doubts and low self esteem.

12. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Zampano For This Post:

Andynko (24th November 2018), Bluegreen (24th November 2018), cursichella1 (25th November 2018), Ernie Nemeth (2nd March 2019), Forest Denizen (24th November 2018), Franny (25th November 2018), Hervé (24th November 2018), Inaiá (21st September 2019), Jad (24th November 2018), Lucci (4th December 2018), lunaflare (24th November 2018), meeradas (24th November 2018), Nasu (24th November 2018), Orph (24th November 2018), Rhogar (11th December 2018), Sadieblue (24th November 2018), Sandy123 (2nd March 2019), Star Tsar (24th November 2018), toppy (24th November 2018), Valerie Villars (24th November 2018), what is a name? (26th November 2018)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

When I was 4 years old, I was walking down the street and I found myself, saying out loud, "I'm really here! I'm really HERE!!" Why I thought that was so profound, I don't know. But, suddenly I experienced Life as a Dream, a Lucid Dream, and I was the Dreamer. It was like I went from being an actor on a stage lost in the part, to being in the audience. I thought about telling my parents but I knew it would be a waste of time. They thought Life was REAL."
    I experienced it again in my 30s while meditating with a friend on some nice drugs. I definitely was floating above myself.

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Alanantic For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (2nd March 2019), Forest Denizen (24th November 2018), Hervé (24th November 2018), Lucci (4th December 2018), lunaflare (24th November 2018), Nasu (24th November 2018), Orph (25th November 2018), Sadieblue (24th November 2018), Sandy123 (2nd March 2019), Valerie Villars (24th November 2018), what is a name? (26th November 2018), Zampano (24th November 2018)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

In my early 30's I was driving down a highway by my home. I'd driven this particular route thousands of times, so I guess you could say I was on autopilot.

Suddenly, there was a breakthrough and I knew the answer to everything; why we were here, what it was all for, etc. and it was the most bubbling joyous feeling. There was no doubt, no fear and just the most rapturous knowing. I had the sense of timelessness. It could have lasted for a second or all eternity.

Just as suddenly, all that knowing left me and as much as I tried, I could not recall the answers, only the experience of knowing it was all for a joyous purpose and it was going to be okay no matter what.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

16. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (2nd March 2019), Flash (24th November 2018), Forest Denizen (24th November 2018), Franny (25th November 2018), Lucci (4th December 2018), lunaflare (24th November 2018), Nasu (24th November 2018), Orph (25th November 2018), Rhogar (11th December 2018), Sadieblue (24th November 2018), Sandy123 (2nd March 2019), scotslad (12th January 2019), what is a name? (26th November 2018), Zampano (24th November 2018)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,034 times in 1,088 posts

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    Nasu - The question was stemming from a doubt probably. So your doubt brought you back.
    Yes your right. It was the doubt that made me go back. Have NO doubt. Go as far as you can...x
    Last edited by Nasu; 25th November 2018 at 21:32.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nasu For This Post:

Franny (25th November 2018), Lucci (4th December 2018), Sandy123 (2nd March 2019), scotslad (12th January 2019), Valerie Villars (25th November 2018)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Lucci (here)
    I would like to share an experience I had when I was about 12 years old. This changed my life forever. Yet I still don't know what it means, why it happened, how can I do it again. This is what happened.

I had gotten up after my family had gone to bed, I crept into the den and turned on the tonight show. I was all comfy in my dad's big recliner, watching Johnny Carson do his monologue. As soon as he finished a commercial came on. I sat there watching the TV but not paying attention to the commercial. I suddenly felt as if I was falling up. I had the free-fall sensation but I was going up, when I stopped I was in space, I could see so many stars and swirly looking galaxies (not earth or the planets I recognize). I thought OMG what is... and before I could finish my thought the answer slid into my mind. Then I kept thinking of questions and it would happen again and again, no matter what I thought to ask I was answered mid thought. I was aware of how happy/elated I felt, there was no fear. I used the word 'slid' because when the answer came, I could feel the thought sort of squeeze into my mind. I have no idea of how long I was there. I know it was long enough to forget my life and family. I would have stayed there for ever. After a while I felt myself descending. Slow at first then faster. Immediately everything I had learned was being drawn / sucked out of my mind. I began to beg god (I was brought up baptist) “Please god let me remember !” Over and over as each answer was pulled out of my mind. That was the beginning of my fascination with hidden knowledge.
    I didn't see anyone, no angels, no religious figure. I didn't see my house or the earth or anything between the chair I was in and the area of space where I had stopped falling. When I returned to my chair, I felt like I had been dropped, as if I slightly bounced in my seat. I was terrified. Johnny Carson was introducing his first guest. So figured I hadn't been gone as long as I had thought. I can't remember the actual answers I received that night, but I know there is a reason for everything. I was so freaked out I turned the TV off and ran to bed. I was freezing. I couldn't sleep. I just kept reliving the experience on a loop in my mind till I finally fell asleep.

Anyone have this experience? Surely I am not the only one. I welcome all comments.
    You probably had Out of Body Experience. I wish i too will experience one day which i am dying too. It's a gift means your soul (self) trying to be free from bondage (your physical body). People those who experience felt joy and free from all worries. some spiritually inclined people are hungry for such experience (including me) .

20. The Following User Says Thank You to koundinya For This Post:

Sandy123 (2nd March 2019)

21. Link to Post #11
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Thanks

This is a moment to ponder upon, for it is a recognition of being more than the mind or the flesh we are born to. This can happen to anyone at any time or place, and can be induced when you are ready to go through this experience. There is much in our ancient past, that we have forgotten or unlearned by not using the special powers that took many hundreds of years to acquire. There are special processes that will take much time to bring to proficiency, that enable the use of these gifts, for this is what they are. The word Knowledge is profound in its own right, for this word relates to the Great Spirit that lives within the Spirit we are, and it requires the true hierarchy of alignment of the body serving the mind and the mind serving the Spirit that creates this hierarchy. It is the openness of the mind and the heart that enables the learning of this process, that becomes a practice for your life.

Do not think it will serve you! For, you are here, to serve It, and for It to demonstrate Itself in the world through your body and mind. It is not a tool at your disposal, It is more that you are a tool at Its disposal. Totally, this is an understanding of Relationships for they are part of the prime requirement of our life, being that God the Creator is our most highest Relationship leading down to the other prime Relationships that bond us to our Purpose in life.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fredenit For This Post:

greybeard (20th September 2019), Sue (Ayt) (25th September 2019), Valerie Villars (20th September 2019)

+ Reply to Thread