+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thinking outside the box: Project Avalon TV on Roku or Amazon?

1. Link to Post #1
    Scotland Avalon Member scotslad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,060 times in 646 posts

Default Thinking outside the box: Project Avalon TV on Roku or Amazon?

A wee thought....

Apparently, 70% of tv viewers worldwide are via streaming services, and
    Apple outpriced itself on the smart tv and connected tv market and now roku and amazon own approx 50% of the streaming tv market with both roku and amazon reaching 30m subscribers (each) in usa and roku and amazon firestick (and prime) reaching many more millions worldwide...

Now, the tech is available to create a tv channel on roku and amazon to allow projectavalon to reach 0000s of potential new subscribers...and the potential to trounce the likes of gaia etc

No need for large corporate smoked glass offices, big payroll or company tesla's in the car park

Just like some of these mammoth brands using amazon firestick...A&E, Amazon Prime Videos, BBC News, Bloomberg TV, CBS All Access, Crackle, Disney Junior, HBO NOW, History Channel, Huff Post Live, Hulu, Hulu Plus, iHeart Radio, MLB TV Premium, NBA Game Time, Netflix, PBS Kids, Showtime, Spotify, Vimeo, Watch ESPN, Watch Food Network, Watch HGTV, and YouTube are all increasing their reach, distribution and syndication via smart, streaming and connected tv technology

bear with me....

the cost to get to set up,host and manage a channel to reach untapped audiences with interesting and engaging content is very low these days and the potential could be phenomenal reaching a wide audience and more interesting the revenue streams are aplenty...

"Projectavalon.tv - creating, collating and curating the latest alternate views, stories and research from around the globe"

Kinda has a good ring to it eh and the tech can all be operated by pc, tablet and even phone now to manage an entire channel rea

I also think, that the project would grow in subscription base very fast because:-

a) the content topics are very hot, people just cant find good content online
    b) it would be indy and not a mega corporate conglomorate
    c) Would stand out on roku and amazon firestick channel menu system
    d) with spin off channels a bit like the forum topics on the right of the current home page

Help ma boab and clerty jings, ma heed is spinnin' (as we say dans l'ecosse)

OK I'll crawl back under the stone from whence i came - just thought Id share a wee brainfart

Anyone else got thoughts on this?

Last edited by scotslad; 25th November 2018 at 15:43.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to scotslad For This Post:

aoibhghaire (24th November 2018), Axman (25th November 2018), Baby Steps (25th November 2018), Bill Ryan (25th November 2018), Billy (25th November 2018), ByTheNorthernSea (25th November 2018), ceetee9 (27th November 2018), cursichella1 (25th November 2018), Debra (25th November 2018), Innocent Warrior (26th November 2018), Nasu (24th November 2018), Richard S. (25th November 2018), Sadieblue (26th November 2018), Sunny-side-up (25th November 2018), toppy (25th November 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Canada Avalon Member Richard S.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 times in 309 posts

Default Re: Thinking outside the box: Project Avalon TV on Roku or Amazon?

Would be a progression of Avalon...

Good idea!

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Richard S. For This Post:

Baby Steps (25th November 2018), Bill Ryan (25th November 2018), Billy (25th November 2018), ceetee9 (27th November 2018), Debra (25th November 2018), Innocent Warrior (26th November 2018), scotslad (25th November 2018), Sunny-side-up (25th November 2018), toppy (25th November 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,491 times in 32,927 posts

Quote Posted by Lovespot (here)

Good idea!
    Well, it'd be a significant amount of work, probably for a dedicated team of people who'd be working quite hard to keep something going with both quality and regularity: recording, editing, production, and every aspect of management/administration and [appropriate!] publicity.

Alex Jones does a super-professional job, for instance, but he has 100 people working for him full-time in one, sizeable central studio location. Their budget to pay for all this runs into many millions per year.

I'd certainly be willing to be part of something like that. I'm very happy to have a camera pointed at me to talk at! But I'd need to have a LOT of support (and technical) infrastructure around me to make it all work well.

6. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

aoibhghaire (25th November 2018), Baby Steps (25th November 2018), bennycog (26th November 2018), Billy (25th November 2018), ceetee9 (27th November 2018), Debra (25th November 2018), Innocent Warrior (26th November 2018), kanishk (26th November 2018), Kryztian (26th November 2018), Sadieblue (26th November 2018), scotslad (25th November 2018), seko (26th November 2018), Sunny-side-up (25th November 2018), sunwings (25th November 2018), toppy (25th November 2018), Valerie Villars (25th November 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,123 times in 3,951 posts

Your most defiantly the right man to have cameras and microphones pointed at Bill.

Your the Objective and well seasoned, knowledgeable, respected totally respectable image the alternative (Don't like that word), Truth seeker/speaker audience needs.

You in my mind should be Earth and human kinds official representative/ambassador, your the best Bill.
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

aoibhghaire (25th November 2018), Baby Steps (25th November 2018), Debra (25th November 2018), Innocent Warrior (26th November 2018), toppy (25th November 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,854 times in 3,178 posts

I'd say no [way],

for Bill's reasons above, plus others to be considered (one is: having to fill the format, once it is there)...

better not.

PS: Amazon? Really?
    Last edited by meeradas; 1st January 2019 at 17:40. Reason: /:

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

aoibhghaire (26th November 2018), Deux Corbeaux (26th November 2018), Innocent Warrior (26th November 2018), Sunny-side-up (26th November 2018)

11. Link to Post #6
    Canada Avalon Member Richard S.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 times in 309 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by Lovespot (here)

Good idea!
    Well, it'd be a significant amount of work, probably for a dedicated team of people who'd be working quite hard to keep something going with both quality and regularity: recording, editing, production, and every aspect of management/administration and [appropriate!] publicity.

Alex Jones does a super-professional job, for instance, but he has 100 people working for him full-time in one, sizeable central studio location. Their budget to pay for all this runs into many millions per year.

I'd certainly be willing to be part of something like that. I'm very happy to have a camera pointed at me to talk at! But I'd need to have a LOT of support (and technical) infrastructure around me to make it all work well.
    If a team would be assembled, would it be feasible?

In such a venture, I would give "some" time for it...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Richard S. For This Post:

ceetee9 (27th November 2018)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

I still think a book is a good addition to the Avalon site.

I have seen posts, well at least one where it was said that books are dead.

I could have done with an Avalon book many times.

Take this as an example:
    You have just shown your dinner guests into the lounge and there on a coffee table is a copy of the Avalon book.
    Your guests can pick it up and flick through the pages.
    What better way for someone to casually find something of interest that they would normal just shake their head at.
    The way things could go in our not so distant future, a possible future with no electricity, a book on some dusty shelf might be the only record of this great site and it's truths.

Every subject that you might wan't to learn normally has many, many 'How to do' help and introduction books, so should
    this realm of the truth seeker/speaker.
    BUT
    it should have at-least one, totally trusted, objective and well researched version
    your questions and answers post is such a well rounded collection, great for a flicker to browse through.

Bill is there a way to turn your questions and answers post into a PDF?

I call that the 'Ryan Interviews' but in this case it is you being interviewed bit by bit

A Netflix on reflection might well just turn into part of the rat race circus
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!

14. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member ceetee9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,542 times in 741 posts

Quote Posted by scotslad (here)
    A wee thought....

Apparently, 70% of tv viewers worldwide are via streaming services, and
    Apple outpriced itself on the smart tv and connected tv market and now roku and amazon own approx 50% of the streaming tv market with both roku and amazon reaching 30m subscribers (each) in usa and roku and amazon firestick (and prime) reaching many more millions worldwide...

Now, the tech is available to create a tv channel on roku and amazon to allow projectavalon to reach 0000s of potential new subscribers...and the potential to trounce the likes of gaia etc

No need for large corporate smoked glass offices, big payroll or company tesla's in the car park

Just like some of these mammoth brands using amazon firestick...A&E, Amazon Prime Videos, BBC News, Bloomberg TV, CBS All Access, Crackle, Disney Junior, HBO NOW, History Channel, Huff Post Live, Hulu, Hulu Plus, iHeart Radio, MLB TV Premium, NBA Game Time, Netflix, PBS Kids, Showtime, Spotify, Vimeo, Watch ESPN, Watch Food Network, Watch HGTV, and YouTube are all increasing their reach, distribution and syndication via smart, streaming and connected tv technology

bear with me....

the cost to get to set up,host and manage a channel to reach untapped audiences with interesting and engaging content is very low these days and the potential could be phenomenal reaching a wide audience and more interesting the revenue streams are aplenty...

"Projectavalon.tv - creating, collating and curating the latest alternate views, stories and research from around the globe"

Kinda has a good ring to it eh and the tech can all be operated by pc, tablet and even phone now to manage an entire channel rea

I also think, that the project would grow in subscription base very fast because:-

a) the content topics are very hot, people just cant find good content online
    b) it would be indy and not a mega corporate conglomorate
    c) Would stand out on roku and amazon firestick channel menu system
    d) with spin off channels a bit like the forum topics on the right of the current home page

Help ma boab and clerty jings, ma heed is spinnin' (as we say dans l'ecosse)

OK I'll crawl back under the stone from whence i came - just thought Id share a wee brainfart

Anyone else got thoughts on this?

Very interesting idea Scotslad! I have no idea how much work it would take to put something like this together, but, as Bill said, I'm sure it would be significant. However, there may be ways to distribute some of the work (and content) via your "d) spin off [sub] channels" idea.

I believe there are several Avalon members who have their own websites/channels who may be interested in a kind of quasi-collaborative/Avalon community symbiotic relationship effort that could benefit both ProjectAvalon.tv and the member's own channels—assuming of course that Bill might be interested in such a concept.

I don't know how such a concept would be structured, but I personally prefer the cable guide format to the unordered icon-based streaming channels method of selecting content. This is because I can scan a cable guide very quickly to find something of interest whereas it often takes me 10-15 minutes, or more, scanning through slow scrolling icons (listed in no particular order) and trying to read the titles. I envision a left column containing the Avalon forum or member channel name and the subsequent columns containing the subject title listed in order from latest to oldest content.

Bill could do interviews via Skype (or whatever the latest greatest A/V communication method is that he has access to in Ecuador). There could be live recorded interviews and pre-recorded ones where editing and mastering could be done to improve the audio/video content flow and quality.

Anyway, I would be willing to contribute my audio/video engineering and musical composition/arranging talents to such a venture if there is any interest in attempting to put something like this together.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ceetee9 For This Post:

scotslad (27th November 2018)

16. Link to Post #9
    Switzerland Avalon Member Helvetic's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,794 times in 3,258 posts

To create a professional tv channel the effort is too big as Bill mentioned before. But I could imagine a light version like Richard Dolan is doing at the moment. You could do a youtube live-stream or publish a pre-recorded interview once a month. It would certainly be a good thing to accompany people who are new to these topics on the right way. Quality before quantity.
    "Earth is currently restricted today for normal development of timeline progress. With us telling you everything would change everything."

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Helvetic For This Post:

meeradas (27th November 2018), scotslad (27th November 2018), Sunny-side-up (27th November 2018)

18. Link to Post #10
    Scotland Avalon Member scotslad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,060 times in 646 posts

Couple of thoughts....

1. Technically it's much easier than you think. The cost to set it up would be $100+- or thereabouts for a tech solution.
    2. It's VIDEO content, which could be curated and then resyndicated doing what u already doing taking videos from youtube (when you share)
    3. Or you could upload Moderation is much less than now - as it only video content and could disable comments IT NOT A FORUM - A VIDEO CHANNEL
    4. if they want a chat/discussion/network with other like minded bods, they come here

now...

5. Hmmmmm the BOOK concept has me thinking.....We could do an ANTHOLOGY of short stories (fact not fiction) etc from different members collated covering different alternative topics (maybe one expert for each area) into one volume. Each "Knight" or author contributing to the round table of stories. The book could be published as a kindle and paperback quite quickly.

Now the interesting bit....

Each contributor offers say 10 pages, (or whatever), say 20-30 contibutors....
    Each contributor is able to be a "co-author" of the book and position them as an expert/acknowledged person on that topic
    Could create expo, forum and conference speaking panelist and interview opportunities
    And have an authors page in the book (promoting their own site/services)
    There is an INVITATION at back of book to sign up/apply to join project avalon (the forum or channel or....?)
    A coordinated launch date of the book, has each contributor mail their list/promote the book on FB, YT, G+, TW, LI Offering a discount or offer to their list
    The reach could be millions from individuals' own subscription lists....
    Cross fertilisation, polenation of marketing, testimonials, reviews, mentions and shares (with video testimonials) would attract more & more on each platform

CREATING A WIN/WIN/WIN -

A WIN for Bill
    A WIN for the contributors
    A WIN for a hungry audience who are desperate for TRUE, REAL, KNOWLEDGE & WISDOM

The best bit - I'm 98.7% certain it would become an instant best seller giving more credibility and kudos to the participants

Would also demonstrate what can be achieved with chewing gum, elastic bands and a vision that could fast become a reality and what a story we'd have to tell

Just thinking out loud, afterall the collective knowledge and wisdom in here is worth millions.

I'll prove it....

1. Write down how many years have passed since leaving school, college or uni, getting your first full time job - until now.
    2. Write down what your average annual salary has been over that period
    3. Multiply 1 x 2 together. Now look at that value.
    4. Thats how much others have paid and invested in you over the years (not including what u invested in your own research)
    5. Think about that asset (your intellectual asset) that you already own that could be generating £££ or $$$$ for you every month and year

The cumulative wisdom, assembled and packaged - could be everyone's legacy and really help to position Bill has founder of "#1 resource for__________"

Also the book could link to relevant videos on the avalon tv channel encouraging subscribers and inviting them to national conferences in their local country

(Just a wee scotsman thinking outside the box)

Comeon, group hug, high 5 - YEAH! What the mind can conceive - it can achieve 1 here we go, here we go, here we go,

Regards

19. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

scotslad:

I personally would only like bill to be the main input for an Avalon book, he is the professional here, he has the seasoned knowledge to create such a book under the title of an Avalon book.

It is someone like Bill (not many) that has the full respect and objective, discerning view on the subjects, not members like us directly.

Well I hope there might be an Avalon book at some time, it would be placed on a pedestal in my home

Having said that 'Bills questions and answers post' could be the main content with our questions and his answers included, so we in affect would be contributing and Bill have the overall say and adding to and around it.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

scotslad (27th November 2018)

+ Reply to Thread