+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The all-Republican government will end as it began under Trump, in disarray

1. Link to Post #21
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 times in 699 posts

Default Re: The all-Republican government will end as it began under Trump, in disarray

Quote Posted by Retief (here)
    I'm speaking only for myself here but one of the things I treasure about PA is it is relatively free of political poo flinging. If I want to espouse my (strong) political beliefs there are many other places on the internet for me do it. To me this was just a gratuitous hit piece which you had every right to post but why here? What was the point? Trump is bad, ok I get your opinion. I'm pretty sure everyone on this forum has their mind made up pro or con on that score already. I just don't see the value in posting things along this line.

Edit, just to clarify I don't mean any disrespect to the op or other posters. If the post stated Trump was the second coming I would have the same question. Anyway, have a good night all.
    Hello Retief: "right to post but why here? What was the point?"

You had a couple of questions from the guy who posted this article. Me.
    From the response I believe the majority of the people who have posted here did not read the article. The people for trump ripped face and that is definitely their right BUT they didn't read the article. CNBC wrote an article about the progress of trump who runs the country mostly without the republican partly.
    ( I must admit I preferred the apprentice!

That's why I posted it.

"But why here?"
    Why not here? I am definitely not afraid of posting an article BUT alot of people on Avalon are. Hopefully people from all over the world will see that it's ok to post articles that are in the news and else where. Now days more than ever ALL PEOPLE from ALL COUNTRIES should have the right to get involved and post articles or speak their mind. WHY should we be quiet just because the naysayers never shut up and try to based people like myself into submission? They need to just read. They might find that there's alot of good information in the article(s)

Not all news is fake news. That's just a response to alot of truth being supressed for an agenda of their own. ALL of us are intelligent people who can read and make up our own choice about what is read and what is fake.

"But why here?" Why not here?
    chancy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to chancy For This Post:

Bruno (4th December 2018)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,435 times in 21,490 posts

Default Re: The all-Republican government will end as it began under Trump, in disarray

Quote Posted by Bruno (here)
    I get that the most mainstream media is propaganda. It's pretty hard at the moment to see all of the fluffy loving crap being written about the deceased George HW Bush for example. One needs to be critical of what one reads. That being said I find it personally frustrating that any attempt to be critical of Trump and his policies immediately gets almost everyone on Project Avalon talking about how unfair the media is to poor old Trump.
    I agree that American military conflict seems to be continuing, which is unfortunate. Assad seems to be restoring order in Syria and pushing back the CIA/Saudi/... funded ISIS forces, and there is hope that the nearly 70 year old armed division between North and South Korea is being unwound. However war continues in many places, with much American support, and even the events in Syria and Korea are ambiguous, from what we're allowed to see.

I agree that, at some level, Trump is playing a role. I figure he's been sent in to manage the bankruptcy, financial and moral, of the Imperial American Empire. He does have some expertise in financial bankruptcy at least, and those on the left/liberal/Democrat side of the aisle, including essentially all in the CIA controlled Mockingbird Media, would claim that Trump also has expertise in moral bankruptcy.

I suspect that the media's claims of Trump being sexist or xenophobic are way over played and misrepresented by that Mockingbird Media, as part of a larger agenda to divide Americans against themselves, which is evident in the lack of trust you have in those of us who are more supportive of Trump here on Avalon. However we agree that Trump is part of a way to create divisions, which will likely include more violence (with, no doubt, each "side" claiming that the other "side" instigated the violence.)

Yes, the polarization will continue, and likely worsen.

A favorite analogy of mine, for some time now, explains my reaction to some degree.
    It's as if I lived in a town that was ruled over by a Mob family. That Mob controlled the police, judges, mayor and local bank. That Mob ran everything. It raped our women, traffic'd in our children and murdered those who got in the way. It owned our land and our labor. My apologies to real Italian Mob families, who likely have much higher moral standards than this.

Now another Mob family is coming in, to take control from the first Mob family.

Even though I know that the new Mob family may well turn out to be as evil as the old one, I find myself cheering on the new Mob family's taking down of the old Mob family. I hate that old Mob family, the Bush's, Clinton's, Rockefellers, and their assorted and quite sordid minions. May they rot in hell.
    The sooner and the better we understand what is going on, at several levels, the sooner and the better we can look out for the interests and well being of our selves, our children, our communities, and the principles and ideals that guide us.

Our mission in this life is not to be forsaken if we cannot manage to leave the world a wonderful, loving, place. Rather our mission is to do the best we can to understand and to make the world a better place, in whatever ways, large or small, that we are able to do so.

The struggle will doubtless continue.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 4th December 2018 at 17:00.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bruno (4th December 2018), Deux Corbeaux (4th December 2018), DNA (5th December 2018), mountain_jim (5th December 2018), Pam (4th December 2018), ramus (4th December 2018)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks

Paul, I really appreciate your thoughtful response. I continue to watch the madness with interest and certainly hope that Trump manages to bring the Mob to justice. I am jaded but ever hopeful.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bruno For This Post:

Deux Corbeaux (4th December 2018), DNA (5th December 2018), mountain_jim (5th December 2018), ramus (4th December 2018), ThePythonicCow (4th December 2018)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

Quote Posted by MistressJan (here)
    Are all articles that describe Trump in a negative light considered hit pieces? Not trying to get yelled at or anything, but not everyone supports him or anything about him. Does that make those who don’t support him wrong? Do they not have a voice in this discussion? Are they not worthy of as much respect as those who do support him?

It’s easy to go for the cheap shot or the demeaning response when a differing opinion is presented. It shouldn’t be. Not every article is going to present what some may view as balanced information...nor do they have to. If someone diasgrees, then present evidence of the contrary. It doesn’t have to get personal. “Shortsightedness”...”lack of depth”... provocative words that add nothing to the truth, or lack thereof, of the article presented.

I typically don’t post on subjects relating to trump because of the other reactions I read. I’ll just tell you all that I’m not a supporter. I’ve known about him since the eighties and I’ve never been impressed. That said, I appreciate those who can express their views without denigrating anyone else when they do so. As an empath, I really cannot handle vitriolic comments and sometimes things can get nasty here. I’d love to post more, but at this point I just don’t feel comfortable...at least not on political issues.

Thanks for listening

Jan
    Personally, I don't support everything about Trump, not by a long shot. I'm sure there must be balanced writing about the pros and cons of what he is doing. Unfortunately, the overabundance and I do mean overabundance of negative reporting on everything Trump, including adding smears to Trump and his family in articles that have nothing to do with it has had the effect of my not giving sincere consideration to anything that showers criticism on him. I guess it's a case of throwing the baby out with the bathwater. I have found MSM so full of lies and taking statements out of context that I don't care what they say any longer. They have totally lost any small amount of trust I might have had.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Bruno (4th December 2018), Deux Corbeaux (4th December 2018), mountain_jim (5th December 2018), ramus (4th December 2018), ThePythonicCow (4th December 2018)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Quote Posted by Bruno (here)
    I get that the most mainstream media is propaganda. It's pretty hard at the moment to see all of the fluffy loving crap being written about the deceased George HW Bush for example. One needs to be critical of what one reads. That being said I find it personally frustrating that any attempt to be critical of Trump and his policies immediately gets almost everyone on Project Avalon talking about how unfair the media is to poor old Trump.
    I agree that American military conflict seems to be continuing, which is unfortunate. Assad seems to be restoring order in Syria and pushing back the CIA/Saudi/... funded ISIS forces, and there is hope that the nearly 70 year old armed division between North and South Korea is being unwound. However war continues in many places, with much American support, and even the events in Syria and Korea are ambiguous, from what we're allowed to see.

I agree that, at some level, Trump is playing a role. I figure he's been sent in to manage the bankruptcy, financial and moral, of the Imperial American Empire. He does has some expertise in financial bankruptcy at least, and those on the left/liberal/Democrat side of the aisle, including essentially all in the CIA controlled Mockingbird Media, would claim that Trump also has expertise in moral bankruptcy.

I suspect that the media's claims of Trump being sexist or xenophobic are way over played and misrepresented by that Mockingbird Media, as part of a larger agenda to divide Americans against themselves, which is evident in the lack of trust you have in those of us who are more supportive of Trump here on Avalon. However we agree that Trump is part of a way to create divisions, which will likely include more violence (with, no doubt, each "side" claiming that the other "side" instigated the violence.)

Yes, the polarization will continue, and likely worsen.

A favorite analogy of mine, for some time now, explains my reaction to some degree.
    It's as if I lived in a town that was ruled over by a Mob family. That Mob controlled the police, judges, mayor and local bank. That Mob ran everything. It raped our women, traffic'd in our children and murdered those who got in the way. It owned our land and our labor. My apologies to real Italian Mob families, who likely have much higher moral standards than this.

Now another Mob family is coming in, to take control from the first Mob family.

Even though I know that the new Mob family may well turn out to be as evil as the old one, I find myself cheering on the new Mob family's taking down of the old Mob family. I hate that old Mob family, the Bush's, Clinton's, Rockefellers, and their assorted and quite sordid minions. May they rot in hell.
    The sooner and the better we understand what is going on, at several levels, the sooner and the better we can look out for the interests and well being of our selves, our children, our communities, and the principles and ideals that guide us.

Our mission in this life is not to be forsaken if we cannot manage to leave the world a wonderful, loving, place. Rather our mission is to do the best we can to understand and to make the world a better place, in whatever ways, large or small, that we are able to do so.

The struggle will doubtless continue.
    I love the analogy, I feel exactly the same way..it's all broken at the end of the day, but at least let's put a different perspective and some new faces on it. Is it about the lesser of two evils... I admit I like to watch the status quo squirm...also, I could never see how superficial and pathetic the party line was until Trump.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

Bruno (4th December 2018), Deux Corbeaux (4th December 2018), mountain_jim (5th December 2018), ramus (4th December 2018), ThePythonicCow (4th December 2018)

11. Link to Post #26
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,466 times in 762 posts

@Paul Two lyrics that ring true here : John Lennon ... living life is easy with eyes closed, it's understanding all you see .

The Who : ... Out with the old boss and in with the new boss ..... same as the old boss.....song : Won't get fooled again

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ramus For This Post:

Bruno (4th December 2018), ThePythonicCow (4th December 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2