+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The New Science of Psychedelics

1. Link to Post #1
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,270 times in 2,725 posts

Default The New Science of Psychedelics

My experience with magic was an accident, I ate less than the correct dose and fear sets in when I felt something odd and felt like I want to vomit but I did have a small high which resulted in positive experience. But now that I am considering to try it again. It would be good to know how to and whats ahead especially that I could not find guides around our place. perhaps a trip to the mountains where the natives are can lead me to a shaman if I'm lucky. But I have little hopes as there are no talks around. We do have instead ayahuasca guides who openly invites on facebook.

And so after reading I am presenting it to you to further my little know how. I would suggest that those with firsthand experience should post on this thread but everyone can do so as you wish. I would be glad to know your experience positive or negative.

Thanks, Julian

I quoted parts of the articles I posted if you want to read the whole article please go to the links provided.

The new science of psychedelics

https://www.newstatesman.com/politic...e-psychedelics

"Once dismiss as hippie indulgence drugs such as LSD are now at the front line of research into depression and anxiety. Could psychedelics actually make us better people".

'Increasingly, too, psychedelics are getting good PR to back up their good science. In A Really Good Day, published last year, the novelist Ayelet Waldman described her period of microdosing LSD to self-medicate for anxiety and bipolar disorder. After a month of regular, tiny doses, provided by a psychedelic well-wisher who code-named himself Lewis Carroll, she reported a transformation in attitude and sense, feeling less worry, more love for and security about her family, and a calm optimism about her work."

https://www.newstatesman.com/politic...e-psychedelics

¤=[Post Update]=¤

This Will Change Your Mind About Psychedelic Drugs

http://time.com/5278036/michael-poll...hedelic-drugs/

For years, the field of mental health has been largely barren of meaningful treatment advances. But now, scientists have new hope in the least likely of places: psychedelic drugs. Recent research suggests that certain psychedelic substances can help relieve anxiety, depression, PTSD, addiction and the fear surrounding a terminal diagnosis.

“The biggest misconception people have about psychedelics is that these are drugs that make you crazy,” says Michael Pollan, author of the new book How to Change Your Mind: What the New Science of Psychedelics Teaches Us About Consciousness, Dying, Addiction, Depression, and Transcendence. “We now have evidence that that does happen sometimes — but in many more cases, these are drugs that can make you sane.”
    Last edited by Bubu; 1st December 2018 at 00:00.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Alan (27th November 2019), shaberon (2nd December 2018), Valerie Villars (1st December 2018), what is a name? (6th December 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,270 times in 2,725 posts

Default Re: The New Science of Psychedelics

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...allucinogenic-

"My first psilocybin journey began around an altar in the middle of a second-story loft in a suburb of a small city on the Eastern Seaboard. On this adventure I would have a guide, a therapist who, like an unknown number of other therapists administering psychedelics in America today, must work underground because these drugs are illegal. Seated across the altar from me, Mary (who asked that I use a nickname because of the work she does) began by reciting, with her eyes closed, a long and elaborate prayer derived from various Native American traditions. My eyes were closed, too, but now and again I couldn’t resist peeking out for a glance at my guide: a woman in her 60s with long blond hair parted in the middle and high cheekbones that I mention only because they would, in a few hours, figure in her miraculous transformation into a Mexican Indian."

“That alone seems worth the price of admission,” Mary offered, and I had to agree. I also realized that I never would have achieved that perspective had Mary not guided me, creating a space where I felt safe enough to let go of my accustomed self and its usual defenses.

"Yet 24 hours later, my old ego was back in uniform and on patrol, so what long-term good was that beguiling glimpse of a loftier perspective? Mary suggested that, having had a taste of a different, less defended way to be, I might learn to relax the ego’s trigger-happy command of my reactions to people and events. “Now you have had an experience of another way to react — or not react. That can be cultivated.” She suggested meditation as one way to do that."

"But Michelle said she is busier than ever. Mary, too, anticipates that federal approval of psychedelic medicine would bring more people to her door, especially those without an obvious pathology — the curious, the spiritual seeking and the legions of run-of-the-mill neurotics who already fill therapists’ offices. How many of them will want to try a guided psychedelic journey once they hear about it?

“I don’t think it’s going to hurt me at all,” Mary told me. “If anything, it will allow me to do even more than I do.” Was she worried about a crackdown if psychedelic therapy suddenly becomes fashionable? The work was too important to let that stop her. “I need to find a way to continue to protect myself, as I help people find their soul’s purpose in this lifetime, to help them awaken.”
    Last edited by Bubu; 30th November 2018 at 23:47.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

shaberon (2nd December 2018), what is a name? (6th December 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

For about a year now, I've been doing this "ritual"; Drink a few beers, take ONE hit of good legal weed in CA, and listen to the voices. I got LOTS of insight that I can't put into words...of course. Darn!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alanantic For This Post:

Bubu (2nd December 2018), shaberon (2nd December 2018), what is a name? (6th December 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,103 times in 4,065 posts

It's a bit like organic cherries have to be classified as a new drug...for reals though, the Eight Stages of Psychedelic Geometry are found in what we would call the corresponding Eight Levels of Ego Death. It is not necessary to use a substance to experience this, but, they sure can force it on you.

+ Reply to Thread